Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170574 times)
jamoes

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:03:25 AM

I just noticed that http://coinmarketcap.com is now properly showing the market cap for burst. Burst is ranked exactly 100 right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:28:55 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

download: https://mega.co.nz/#!e15TQRCZ!k043rrfCzkTofW0ICbfq_j269x9zYTShOs2KdWAtaT0
sha256: 201a8491f33c03ffad2d7f9c43f14a6a287e146c8d0a7ac2ae3581f8f8831fcf
Or get it from github.

Update is required.

Instead of picking a block number to fork on in advance, this update will be enabled when I set the alias "featureescrow" to the value "enabled" This allows me to wait longer if necessary for more people to update their clients. It will be at least 3-4 days before this is triggered.

After updating, you will need to refresh your wallet, and possibly clear your cache if things don't look right.

This update adds escrow transactions. You will be able to create escrow transactions where you can list accounts that can sign off on the transfer, and set how many need to sign off to complete the transaction one way or the other. For example, you could create a transaction to another user and list 5 accounts as signers, and require 3 of them to sign to take action. If both the sender and recipient are honest, the transaction can be settled with either the sender releasing the funds, or the recipient refunding them. If the transaction does not go as planned, the 5 signers can announce their decision to the network. If any 3 announce decisions that are in agreement about how to handle the funds(release/refund), it will complete the transaction accordingly. Up to 10 signers can be listed on a transaction, and 1 - 10 signatures can be required for settling. A deadline and action(release/refund/split) are also set when creating the transaction, which will be executed if the deadline runs out to avoid burning the funds if the transaction is never settled. There is a listing in the wallet of all escrow transactions you are involved in(sender, recipient, or signer), that you can click on and select decisions from a drop down menu to easily resolve escrows, and there is a form in the wallet to easily create them. More details will be given on the exact use when I enable the feature.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:45:30 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

download: https://mega.co.nz/#!e15TQRCZ!k043rrfCzkTofW0ICbfq_j269x9zYTShOs2KdWAtaT0
Or get it from github.

Update is required.

Instead of picking a block number to fork on in advance, this update will be enabled when I set the alias "featureescrow" to the value "enabled" This allows me to wait longer if necessary for more people to update their clients. It will be at least 3-4 days before this is triggered.

After updating, you will need to refresh your wallet, and possibly clear your cache if things don't look right.

This update adds escrow transactions. You will be able to create escrow transactions where you can list accounts that can sign off on the transfer, and set how many need to sign off to complete the transaction one way or the other. For example, you could create a transaction to another user and list 5 accounts as signers, and require 3 of them to sign to take action. If both the sender and recipient are honest, the transaction can be settled with either the sender releasing the funds, or the recipient refunding them. If the transaction does not go as planned, the 5 signers can announce their decision to the network. If any 3 announce decisions that are in agreement about how to handle the funds(release/refund), it will complete the transaction accordingly. Up to 10 signers can be listed on a transaction, and 1 - 10 signatures can be required for settling. A deadline and action(release/refund/split) are also set when creating the transaction, which will be executed if the deadline runs out to avoid burning the funds if the transaction is never settled. There is a listing in the wallet of all escrow transactions you are involved in(sender, recipient, or signer), that you can click on and select decisions from a drop down menu to easily resolve escrows, and there is a form in the wallet to easily create them. More details will be given on the exact use when I enable the feature.

Do we need to re-download the blockchain? or the one I have from the old wallet will work fine?
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:47:30 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

Or get it from github.

Update is required.

Do we need to re-download the blockchain? or the one I have from the old wallet will work fine?

Old blockchain is fine, just move the folder over.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
DrTrouble

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:13:01 AM

Am I correct in saying that a passphrases.txt is not needed in a folder when pool mining?  In particular, pool mining on http://burstpool.ddns.net/ with 'Burst Mining System'? 

That being said, what is the best way to track that my shares are properly getting submitted to the pool and such? 

I like BURST and I have several different miners hitting it.  But before this coin becomes truly mainstream, honestly, everything needs to be easier to set up/sort out.  There is quite a bit of info out there about it and I definitely appreciate all those who have contributed....but damn, ya gotta work for that info!

Thanks all!

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:21:06 AM

Am I correct in saying that a passphrases.txt is not needed in a folder when pool mining?  In particular, pool mining on http://burstpool.ddns.net/ with 'Burst Mining System'? 

That being said, what is the best way to track that my shares are properly getting submitted to the pool and such? 

I like BURST and I have several different miners hitting it.  But before this coin becomes truly mainstream, honestly, everything needs to be easier to set up/sort out.  There is quite a bit of info out there about it and I definitely appreciate all those who have contributed....but damn, ya gotta work for that info!

Thanks all!

No, remove passphrase for pool mining.
Irontiga

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:25:59 AM

Hello, and attention all miners of burstpool.ddns.net

Please remember that those who were mining before this announcement https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/the-big-announcement.149/ get first choice for shares. In a few days we will be making them available to all, so please send your 1k (or less) burst to BURST-T7BK-USTG-KVKC-D2RDL and you will be sent 10 shares in the pool.

NOTE: Max 10 shares per person mining on the pool pre-announcement. Also, currently only available to those who were mining on the pool pre-announcement. If you are interested and weren't mining on the pool pre-announcement, place a bid order and wish that someone who was mining pre-announcement sells to you, or just wait till we make shares public.

--Irotniga
DrTrouble

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:30:21 AM

Please remember that those who were mining before this announcement https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/the-big-announcement.149/ get first choice for shares. In a few days we will be making them available to all, so please send your 1k (or less) burst to BURST-T7BK-USTG-KVKC-D2RDL and you will be sent 10 shares in the pool.

NOTE: Max 10 shares per person mining on the pool pre-announcement. Also, currently only available to those who were mining on the pool pre-announcement. If you are interested and weren't mining on the pool pre-announcement, place a bid order and wish that someone who was mining pre-announcement sells to you, or just wait till we make shares public.

--Irotniga

I got in on this earlier today.  Yea buddy!

DrTrouble

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:31:07 AM

Thanks all!

No, remove passphrase for pool mining.

Ok, that's what I thought/said above.  Thank you!

Irontiga

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:34:14 AM

--Irotniga

Also you can use alias:

HardInvest

to send burst.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:12:12 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

Or get it from github.

Update is required.

A picture tells a thousand words. Possible to create an inforgraphics that explain how it works ? U work so hard for this but without an image guide (simple to understand) u wasted your effort because less people will know how to use it. U can take look around here, most people cant figure out some of the things here. An inforgraphics that explain how feature works its good for everybody and increase the user rate for this new feature and increase exposure for burst because people who are new only take a couple of second to look at things. An image can capture a person attention faster than wall of text .

An inforgraphics that explain how the feature works is as importance as the feature itself. Its like creating a bombastic feature that nobody use because not many people take a lot of time to read. An inforgraphics will increase the effectiveness of launching the new feature as well as increase awareness for burst. All good advertisement goes with an image. Burst right now lack of PR and this is a good chance to increase awareness of burst. If we miss this chance , we have to wait for another new update which might be weeks or months away.
Irontiga

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:35:38 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

Or get it from github.

Update is required.

A picture tells a thousand words. Possible to create an inforgraphics that explain how it works ? U work so hard for this but without an image guide (simple to understand) u wasted your effort because less people will know how to use it. U can take look around here, most people cant figure out some of the things here. An inforgraphics that explain how feature works its good for everybody and increase the user rate for this new feature and increase exposure for burst because people who are new only take a couple of second to look at things. An image can capture a person attention faster than wall of text .

An inforgraphics that explain how the feature works is as importance as the feature itself. Its like creating a bombastic feature that nobody use because not many people take a lot of time to read. An inforgraphics will increase the effectiveness of launching the new feature as well as increase awareness for burst. All good advertisement goes with an image. Burst right now lack of PR and this is a good chance to increase awareness of burst. If we miss this chance , we have to wait for another new update which might be weeks or months away.

That's the responsibility of all of us who DO get it, not the dev, he is working hard, leave him to it!
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:39:36 AM

A picture tells a thousand words. Possible to create an inforgraphics that explain how it works ?

Try the section "Multisignature storage" here.  It gives an animation of how it works in one simple application, securing an account so that it would normally require the signature of both the owner and a third party to execute a transaction from it, making it much harder to steal funds because now you have to steal two keys, and one of those keys is in the hands of an entity for whom security is a professional concern.  

The explanation is for bitcoin, but the same principles almost certainly apply here (I haven't looked at the new client, yet.)
Conduit

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:58:48 AM

New client Burst 1.1.3

Or get it from github.

Update is required.

Did you remember to inform the exchanges of the mandatory wallet update this time?
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:51:59 AM

Is C-Cex down?

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:58:03 AM

Is C-Cex down?
Yes... way to much trading of Burst probably Wink

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
Hieu

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:10:24 AM

I had old wallet 1.1.2 now there is 1.1.3.

How can I upgrade wallet without losing coins?

By moving folder burst_db from wallet 1.1.2 to 1.1.3?
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:11:02 AM

Is C-Cex down?
Yes... way to much trading of Burst probably Wink

lol...I doubt that....

Probably a server issue....

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
deevilknight

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:13:24 AM

Yes just move "burs DB" an start new wallet. If it does not upgrade, than clear cache.
Pilotseye

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:16:37 AM

yes, that will do the trick, moved through several versions already like that and never had any problems  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: