Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
ivanf

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:30:34 PM

Btw, on dev2 pool make sure miner sends all shares below target deadline, not only the best one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiaogr

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:31:39 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:55:41 PM by xiaogr

Btw, on dev2 pool make sure miner sends all shares below target deadline, not only the best one.

Hm!  i think blago miner sends only best..correct? if yes what miner to choose?

www.genesis-mining.com - 3% Promo Code: TRUNK_38
www.hashflare.io - 10% Discount Code: 2450E47A
tex81

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:37:40 PM

Dev`s pool - Dev`s miner  Grin

Russia
Blago

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:42:56 PM

Yes, I'm working on correcting this...

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:49:21 PM

hey people.
i have a problem that is confusing me, i have 2 hdd and i have a miner on each with plots on each hdd and they do not overlap but yet both miners from the different hdd are submiting the exact same share. any ideas on what is up?

i have re plotted the hard drives to make sure they dont overlap and i have also tried on 4 different hdd but when mining they alll submit the same share at the same time as if they were all one plot. it never used to do this so im not sure whats changed.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Copy/paste your plots' file name here: https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/overlap to really make sure they not overlapping.

Also, which are the configurations of your miners?

i have used that tool and it found no overlapping nonces  
this is my run_mine.bat file:  java -Xmx1024m -cp pocminer.jar;lib/*;lib/akka/*;lib/jetty/* pocminer.POCMiner mine "http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io:80"
im not sure what you meant by configuration of my miners so im presuming its the .bat above if not what do i need to look for?

What happens if you use blago's, uray's or dcct's miners?

the miner with the run_generate and run_mine .bat files is the only miner i have. i think its an early one of urays miner. the other one on urays pool i have no idea how to use i dont know if it needs compiling or something but i have no idea how to compile
ohh im on windows 7 btw
xiaogr

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:58:07 PM

Mixing plot files with different stagger size is it causing bad deadlines?

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

solomining with blagos miner

host = solo (with passphrase)
satelites = pool?  (without passphrase)

that correct?
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:29:54 PM

Hey guys

Wulfcastle here, designer of the current Wallet and Burst Logo. I apologize for my absence over the last couple of months, my schedule has been extremely packed so I had little time to work on other projects, however for the immediate future I free time in my schedule to work on Burst's Design and Marketing (More on that later....)

My first port of call was to refine the current Wallet UI that I designed, which I completed a while back. The main changes have been with the Navigation, where I've incorporated a new color scheme, along with changes to padding etc.

As usual I've uploaded the source code for the UI to the Burst-UI GitHub Repo : https://github.com/Wulfcastle/Burst-UI. Instructions to install the updated UI are also provided there.

xiaogr

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:05:31 PM

Yes, I'm working on correcting this...

I have notice that if i spread my plot files in many directories (over 10) i have significant improvement in speed but memory issues.
My server has 64GB ram but i get an error message about file lock than server freeze and i have to reboot.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

This coin needs to get up their in the bigger numbers this coin is so under value right now and has a lot going for it in the future as theirs no other coin out their like Burst and hdd mining is sure different as come to when diff too hard on here you got plenty of space left for your files Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

Okay everyone, as I mentioned earlier I will be working on Marketing BURST. I know that I mentioned around a month ago that I would return to market BURST, well I was delayed a bit, but here I am now.

What is the problem?

Marketing is an area that I really believe BURST is lacking in, and I'm sure most of you would agree with me. The problem currently is that the alt-coin market is being flooded daily with hundreds of new coins, and BURST is being lost amid a sea of clone-coins. The only way to attract investor interest is for BURST to stand out and to actually be noticed, which is something its failing to do at the moment.

What is the plan?

Currently BURST has a solid platform, largely thanks to Uray, (there are still a few things needed to be improved on here and there, but those can be worked out later), and is ready to be promoted. Once promotion starts you will see a large leap in both newcomers to BURST along with an increase in market volume.

As part of my marketing plan I will :

• Design an official website for BURST
  • Produce an Introductory Video for BURST
  • Design a Marketing Kit for BURST which includes:
  • Promotional Graphics & Banners

How do we know you can succeed?

Prior to BURST I was the lead designer and marketer of SilkCoin (before it collapsed). Using the same promotional methods I plan to use with BURST I along with our Community Team managed to increase SilkCoin's market from a measly $90 000 to over $1M. Now I'm not saying that I was the sole cause of this spike, but it was a major contribution to the price increase. For example this was the Introductory Video I created for SilkCoin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMfLxSYVnc, I intend to create a similar type of Introductory Video for BURST.

Do you have any credibilty?

Well I've already done the following for BURST :

• Designed the current BURST Logo
  • Designed the current Wallet UI
  • Designed the Feature Graphics (Shown in the opening post)

Not to mention that I've done all of that for free, so hopefully that holds some credibility.

How much will this cost?

Okay, up until now I've provided all of my work free of charge because of my BURST holdings, however working on a project of this scale requires a lot of time and money, for example the voice over on the Introductory Video I created for SilkCoin (see above), cost $250 alone. Therefore sadly I can't do all of this for free, as I'll have to cover my costs one way or another.

To complete all of this I'm asking for 3 BTC, now I know that may sound like a lot, but with the declining price of BTC and the costs of everything involved, I will not be making much if any out of this. Secondly I will only ask for payment once I've completed all of the items I've outlined. I only request that the 3 BTC be held in escrow until I have completed marketing BURST.

When will you be completed by?

Judging by how long this took with SilkCoin, I should be completed with everything in around 3 weeks time, however I will release completed items immediately. I will provide bi-weekly updates regarding my progress, to show everyone that progress is indeed being made.

---------------

Please everyone let me know your thoughts about this. I'm eager to start marketing BURST.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 10:20:10 PM

I think we need many different thing that may or may not fall under PR features.

-
  • This tread should be renamed into something about mining issues and FAQ. A second [ANN] thread should be opened, with a rewritten introduction mirroring where we are to da
  • A white-paper describing POC would add credibility
[liI] A Facebook page, often updated, would be great. The same with a Twitter account[/liI]
[liII] A reworked homepage that could serve as  "official", with both info, trading/investing and downloads for mining[/liII]
[/list]

Etc. Etc. I have previously written down some of the things I believe would benefit Burst:: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/possible-bounties-discussion-and-suggestions.329/#post-3574

This is not, imho, a one man's job.

What we currently need is a driving force that can coordinate work, maybe creating bounties for some stuff but also by his/her own work show what can be achieved.

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

Okay everyone, as I mentioned earlier I will be working on Marketing BURST. I know that I mentioned around a month ago that I would return to market BURST, well I was delayed a bit, but here I am now.

What is the problem?

Marketing is an area that I really believe BURST is lacking in, and I'm sure most of you would agree with me. The problem currently is that the alt-coin market is being flooded daily with hundreds of new coins, and BURST is being lost amid a sea of clone-coins. The only way to attract investor interest is for BURST to stand out and to actually be noticed, which is something its failing to do at the moment.

What is the plan?

Currently BURST has a solid platform, largely thanks to Uray, (there are still a few things needed to be improved on here and there, but those can be worked out later), and is ready to be promoted. Once promotion starts you will see a large leap in both newcomers to BURST along with an increase in market volume.

Prior to BURST I was the lead designer and marketer of SilkCoin (before it collapsed). Using the same promotional methods I plan to use with BURST I along with our Community Team managed to increase SilkCoin's market from a measly $90 000 to over $1M. Now I'm not saying that I was the sole cause of this spike, but it was a major contribution to the price increase. For example this was the Introductory Video I created for SilkCoin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMfLxSYVnc, I intend to create a similar type of Introductory Video for BURST.

Not to mention that I've done all of that for free, so hopefully that holds some credibility.

How much will this cost?

Okay, up until now I've provided all of my work free of charge because of my BURST holdings, however working on a project of this scale requires a lot of time and money, for example the voice over on the Introductory Video I created for SilkCoin (see above), cost $250 alone. Therefore sadly I can't do all of this for free, as I'll have to cover my costs one way or another.

To complete all of this I'm asking for 3 BTC, now I know that may sound like a lot, but with the declining price of BTC and the costs of everything involved, I will not be making much if any out of this. Secondly I will only ask for payment once I've completed all of the items I've outlined. I only request that the 3 BTC be held in escrow until I have completed marketing BURST.

Judging by how long this took with SilkCoin, I should be completed with everything in around 3 weeks time, however I will release completed items immediately. I will provide bi-weekly updates regarding my progress, to show everyone that progress is indeed being made.

---------------

Please everyone let me know your thoughts about this. I'm eager to start marketing BURST.

1. If i am not wrong , someone here is already working on a wallet (i think is Uray ?)

2. Someone here is already working on a website

3. U might want to consider asking for burst to be place on escrow (using burst escrow feature) instead of BTC because more people will be willing to donate and increasing value of burst from your marketing effort will benefit you as well since donation is in burst (e.g asking for 2 - 3 million burst for market sound better than asking for 3 BTC and we can use burst escrow feature. Imagine having 3 million burst (equivalent of 3 BTC at price of 100 sat) and price went to 1000 sat because of marketing effort u end up having 30 BTC which is way cooler than having 3 BTC and 30 BTC is a great motivator for your marketing effort.

i think many people here are waiting for the "PR Guy" and u came on the right time.
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:30:32 AM

I have 50TB and i can not even get 12K per day. (No matter the pool i am using)

I ran into a similar problem recently... seems to be corrected when I reboot (verified over three reboots, now.)  I haven't figured out why yet, doesn't seem to be  clockskew or the drives getting  slower the longer the system is up...

dcct-miner on Ubuntu Trusty
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:06:43 AM

What is the problem?

What is the plan?

How much will this cost?

---------------

You want to promote Burst but want payment in BTC? Why?
It seems like you are not confident in your abilities.
yellowduck2

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:16:25 AM

price gaining some upward momentum , if PR got sort out and burst developer do a release / news of new feature , it's a recipe for huge price gain. Things are looking good so far.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:18:38 AM

---------------

You want to promote Burst but want payment in BTC? Why?
It seems like you are not confident in your abilities.

looks solid to me, 3 BTC is something that could come from premine (is there a premine ?) I like current BURST logo / color theme very much so the person knows what he/she is doing (very nice)

marketing is important, no doubt. but I feel all of you are so very impatient, nothing Today is "well" at the moment, but technology is advancing  , blockchain technology ain't disappearing in fact it is best thing next to TCP/IP innovation I say much more important even

Cool
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:19:58 AM

price gaining some upward momentum , if PR got sort out and burst developer do a release / news of new feature , it's a recipe for huge price gain. Things are looking good so far.

0 complains from me, I say stick around way into 2015 and beyond

have a great weekend all
yellowduck2

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:22:47 AM

0 complains from me, I say stick around way into 2015 and beyond

have a great weekend all

yes. This is one of the coin that u can really hold longer than usual in alt coin world.

Marketing haven't even started. There are much potential

If bitcoin do well next year (which i am very positive and excited about), most alt coin will probably do well , burst would be one of them. Is like treating bitcoin as cash , when u have cash u want to invest your cash for better return , alt coin is the platform for bitcoin investment , something like alt coin is the equivalent of crypto stock market. Big gain , big loss , all paid in bitcoin.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:51:35 AM

Irontiga and I are both new at website design, we've been working on something but if Wulfcastle has experience and is willing to work on this, I say let's use his experience.  I've been working on content more than design and Irontiga is still busy for a few days.

3 BTC seems about reasonable, especially if paid out after the website launches.  Maybe I can help out with content and we can knock a little bit off the price? I'm willing to pay 1 BTC after the website is completed.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: