Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 [815] 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
xlameee

Activity: 40
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:35:34 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 05:46:46 AM by xlameee

Is it going to make a difference if the HDD is 3Gb sata II and 6GB sata III ?

I found a motherboard that can hold up to 440 HDDs x 4GB witch mean 1760TB or if I use this riser card http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-Express-PCI-E-X1-X4-X8-X16-to-PCI-32bit-Adapter-Dual-PCI-Bus-Slot-With-USB3-/271651607114?pt=US_Internal_Port_Expansion_Cards&hash=item3f3fb2924a I can go to 840 HDDs x 4GB. I calculated will consume no more then 2.5KW of power

the burst calculator says that I can make 28-30 BTC per month witch mean I can break even in 6 months Is this calc of your saying the truth or is just frictional mambo jambo as all calc-s for cryptocurrency
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:06:18 AM

First implementation of automated transactions took place Today, only deep techies are aware I am among one of these people, this implementation opens a "doorway" so to speak, language is of Alain Turing, meaning computations have "self closure" operands compute operations on the blockchain and close in the sense of atomic reversible computations

http://ciyam.org/at

or in other words you have no idea what you have started

... It sounds like you just opened a dictionary/thesaurus and started plugging in text.

i.e. "Operand: The quantity on which an operation is to be done."

And we working on a press release making it understandably to a wider audience. We failed in that. And decided to take it it to steps: one simple introduction, and one more advanced sent out on different days.

Still not simple. Luckily we have dev who will check details on the second one Smiley

Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:15:33 AM

First implementation of automated transactions took place Today, only deep techies are aware I am among one of these people, this implementation opens a "doorway" so to speak, language is of Alain Turing, meaning computations have "self closure" operands compute operations on the blockchain and close in the sense of atomic reversible computations

... It sounds like you just opened a dictionary/thesaurus and started plugging in text.

And we working on a press release making it understandably to a wider audience. We failed in that. And decided to take it it to steps: one simple introduction, and one more advanced sent out on different days.

Still not simple. Luckily we have dev who will che70ck details on the second one Smiley

I will do the next 70 - ? tomorrow all those twitter links are people involved in the community or otherwise, there is also some big people on that list.
svdinu

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:18:28 AM

Hi,

For Android users, a simple Tasker Project to get data from exchanges (last price and 24h volume):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9wxMIDICwjsSUl4QlJxWGs0TGc&usp=sharing

Similar to the info from Burst Forum.

Also, a template for a Zooper Widget to display data on the screen.

Use them at your will.

All the best,
Sorin
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:20:38 AM

Also Max Keiser doesn't have a public email address. I have tried to contact him before.
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:01:04 AM

We are working on press releases, they will be ready tonight. But we need HELP.

Can you list all the important publications, blogs, people, even major bitcoin publications for us, to send the PR?

Here's a google spread sheet to use:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0

PLEASE HELP OUT!

Sure I will love to help.Also I can make translations from English to Russian language during the holidays.
    Just PM me,I will be happy to help.

Thanks, but try to fill in the spread sheet above Smiley We only have one single entry in there, and we need like 50. 100 would be great. I edited it for twitter accounts too.

Please: put every publication (online or print), person or twitter account you can come up with which are relevant to crypto! To have a list will be so much easier than PM a bunch of people, so can your spread it yourself, put your twitter account up there Smiley

We are still working on the releases, but we are spread out over the world/time zones/travel at the moment. But it should be available in five-six hours. We need to check all the facts are correct too, which is a bit complicated.

Once again: PLEASE fill out the spread sheet.

One final bump of this, then I give up. We have two entries in spread sheet about where to sending the press releases. Price has climed without the news been activelty spread. This could be huge if we help each other.

I really hate to do the below, not because I'm against bounties or donations but because I could give them to dev or vbcs instead:

• I will give 200 BURST for each entry in the spread sheet

Conditions:
    1) The roof is 100 unique entries, that means there are at least 20,000 up for grabs. Note: The roof may become made higher during the night/day, which will then be announced in a post from my account on in this thread
    2) Entry your nick in the third column in the spread sheet and email burst@countermail.com with your contribution. PMs does not count. To be real sure of your payout include a printscreen of the spread sheet.
    3) In case of dispute of who was first with an entry, Irontiga will give the ruling of who should have the coins
    4) Entries have to be real, meaning crypto and/or bitcoin related, and complete/correct. Unrelated entries or spam will not count

Ok?

This is a reeeeeally easy way of earning some Burst, just adding guys like Max Kaiser, Gavin Andresen's or altcoinherald.com's email addresses will give you 600 and takes 1 minute. Googling another 20 entries will give you 4,000 BURST. And the roof might very well become much higher then 100...

One last time: PLEASE HELP US Smiley And let me pay you Wink And get us write the releases instead of hunting for relevant email addresses.

Address: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0
    Email address: burst@countermail.com

**EDIT: THANK YOU!! Eleven now and counting! Keep going Smiley

**EDIT 2: YEAH, great!! Take my money Wink But most importingly help out BURST!! Cheesy Keep going, I don't thing I stop at 100...

**EDIT 3: Just added this to the spread sheet (slightly edited):
    - GOOD JOB, CONTINUE. UPDATED MY POST, I DON'T THINK I'll STOP AT 100 Wink
    - MORE; MORE; MORE. You might earn 10,000 BURST tonight if I go higher Wink
    - MORE PUBLICATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED; doesn't need to be an email address but a contact form is good too

** EDIT 4: 24 entries taken now!
    - NOTE: If we reach 100, the next 50 entries after that will be 200 BURST for BLOGS and PUBLICATIONS (print or online); PUBLICATIONS in certian foregn langueges will be accepted (Scandinavia, Spanish, Russia, Portugees, Franch, Dutch, German). Twitter accounts will pay 50 BURST after 100

** EDIT 5: EPIC WORK, GUYS, EPIC!! BREAK ME, plz, DO NOT STOP!! Wink
    - Even if I say more publications, twitter is fully and equally paid up to 100; I will pay more for publication within the first 100 entries tho. After 100 entries, BLOGS AND PUBLICATIONS WILL PAY 200 BURST and TWITTER 50 BURST

** EDIT 6: 63 entries!! Great guys, really nice of you.
    - Please continue Smiley I would like to announce that the former roof a 100 entries are now officially 200 entries Smiley However, the the above rules apply.
    - Note that you still can get 200 Bursts for a single (relevant) twitter account, up to 100 entry.
    - After that, 200 Burst will be paid for for PUBLICATIONS, not only in English but also in certain languages (UPDATED list: "Scandinavian" (you know what I mean), Spanish, Russia, Portuguese, France, Dutch, German. Chines, Thai, South Corea), both in print and online. This also include blogs in those languages.
    - And don't forget to email burst@countermail.com with what you have been adding and an address so I can send you the money! Plz remember, its holidays coming up so if I have a lot of email, this can take awhile. I'll keep you updated on that!
    - And please continue: only 30 percent of the quota has been filled yet Smiley Smiley

5.26AM:
    I would lastly would like to say thank you for your work and I hope the community can continue to contribute to the development of Burst in this way, sometimes payed, sometimes for free. We must all cooperate to get Burst to the place in crypte where it belongs; technological innovation can to much but connections, friends, becoming a "name" and regularly be active on twitter and other places are so important. To this you have been to great help Smiley
    [/list]

As the last bumb worked out well and I still have money left, I will do it again for possibly new readers.

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
    December 23, 2014, 07:05:39 AM

Also Max Keiser doesn't have a public email address. I have tried to contact him before.

Have you tried max@maxkeiser.com? Google gave that to me.

Sorry for the delay of the article, it smashed right into the press release work. I would, however, be very surprised if you do not have it in your hand within the next 24h.

Regards

PS: sleep is overrated.

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
    December 23, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

Sorry for spamming, but is someone here the owner of the twitter accounts burstcoin or burst?

We hope these have been registered to the best for the community and hand them over to dev or the PR team.

Have you signed up for these accounts for monetary reasons, we will not pay for them but simply chose another one.

q327K091
    Legendary

Activity: 1792
    Merit: 1010

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 08:24:16 AM

Still not simple. Luckily we have dev who will check details on the second one Smiley

of course had fun with words, please release beautifully written press release that even a grandma could understand

some time ago I studied something called "operad"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operad_theory

but here also it would sound as if "Operation or set of operations on which an operation is to be done" lol

it could be that "automated transactions" could be seen as operads on a very high level (level of categories) .. I think yes but you don't want to go crazy like that or you will scare grandma

you don't want that, what I would do and I am not a writer, list example given "contracts" and what it means and how it benefits the world, and maybe "what is coming next" which btw outside contracts I fail to envision, although some kind of higher level protocol for inter-coin exchange etc..

Cool
    ticote

Activity: 46
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 08:49:53 AM

http://oi60.tinypic.com/25qw5yo.jpg

Can you list all the important publications, blogs, people, even major bitcoin publications for us, to send the PR?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0

PLEASE HELP OUT!

Added a spanish page. I could make spanish traslations for the press releases you make. Thanks for your work.
    pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 08:53:39 AM

I found a motherboard that can hold up to 440 HDDs x 4GB witch mean 1760TB or if I use this riser card http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-Express-PCI-E-X1-X4-X8-X16-to-PCI-32bit-Adapter-Dual-PCI-Bus-Slot-With-USB3-/271651607114?pt=US_Internal_Port_Expansion_Cards&hash=item3f3fb2924a I can go to 840 HDDs x 4GB. I calculated will consume no more then 2.5KW of power

the burst calculator says that I can make 28-30 BTC per month witch mean I can break even in 6 months Is this calc of your saying the truth or is just frictional mambo jambo as all calc-s for cryptocurrency

USB disks take some CPU power when being read from. You will find a limit to the number of TB you can mine, given a certain size CPU (core x mhz). Once you max out the cores, more disks will not mean more data read, so reaching the last plot will just take some more time.

USB disks are fine ,though, up to about 20TB per fast cpu, and at least 10TB per slow cpu. i've been doing that with reasonable success.

Other ways of connecting harddisks to the cpu will not put such a high load on the cpu (but might be more expensive)

pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 09:11:09 AM

On a relatively unrelated note - i have been using both countmycrypto.com and coinfinance to track the value of all my cryptos. However, both of them have bugs, countmycrypto has a limit to how many cryptos i can have listed (it seems) and coinfinance won't even let me log in, and their support is dead. so...

anyone here know of websites similar to the two, where i can put in how many i have of each crypto currency, and then the website tracks the total value of all my cryptos. (bonus if there is history).

Of course the site must have support for BURST - burst is my biggest holding by far, measured in dollars.
    Legendary

Activity: 1382
    Merit: 1002

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 09:46:52 AM

Hi all!

I moved over the past week and have had problems getting my box up and running in the new house. I haven't had the time to fully investigate in the matter, I have however noticed that my miner was reporting something like "no deadline" while reading my plots.

I upgraded to the latest wallet 1.2, and it seems to be running as it should, I have a headless setup (Ubuntu 12.04) so I was only looking at the console output.

Is there maybe something that I am overseeing right now? Maybe something that I forgot to adjust in the wallet config? I'll have to verify this when I get the chance but I was hoping for maybe a pointer or two from everyone here.

Best of Christmas wishes to all our community!
    brizio71

Activity: 456

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 10:35:24 AM

PLEASE HELP OUT!

added Italian web sites and blogs

thx

Fabrizio

▄▄███████▄▄       ▐█     █▌         ██          ▐██████▄▄       ▐██████▄          ██         ▐█▄        █▌    ███████▌
     ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄     ▐█     █▌        █▌▐█         ▐█   ▀▀██▄     ▐█   ▀█▌        █▌▐█        ▐███▄      █▌       █▌   
    ▐██▌        ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌       ██  ██        ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█   ▄█▌       ██  ██       ▐█ ▀██▄    █▌       █▌   
    ███          ███    ▐█     █▌      ██   ██       ▐█       ██    ▐██████▀       ██   ██      ▐█   ▀██▄   █▌       █▌   
    ▐██▌   ██▄   ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌     ██████████      ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█▀██▄        ██████████     ▐█    ▀██▄ █▌       █▌   
     ▀███▄▄ ▀██▄ ▀█▀     ▐█▄   ▄█▌    ██       ██     ▐█   ▄▄██▀     ▐█  ▀██▄     ██       ██    ▐█      ▀███▌       █▌   
       ▀▀█████▀██▄        ▀██████▀    ██         ██    ▐██████▀▀       ▐█   ▀█▌   ██         ██   ▐█        ▀█▌       █▌   
               ▀▀▀

A Blueprint for Mapping Decentralized Data

Telegram             Twitter             Medium             LinkedIn
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

Data Stamping
    Constellation Creation
    Enriched data and services
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

With Quadrant, any form of

Data can be Authenticated.
    mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
    December 23, 2014, 01:21:27 PM
    Last edit: December 23, 2014, 01:31:31 PM by mmmaybe

PLEASE HELP OUT!

Added a spanish page. I could make spanish traslations for the press releases you make. Thanks for your work.

PLEASE HELP OUT!

Thanks a lot for your contributions! Don't forget to email me for your coins. If you don't want them yourself, you could claim them and then donate them.

Regards

***EDIT: I didn't notice but we have 96 entries in the sheep - I'm impressed and I will delighted to pay for your work Smiley But remember, the roof is now 200 entries - lots of BURST to earn for anyone willing to but in some work! See my previous posts for conditions Smiley

Thanks a lot and keep going!

dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 02:13:58 PM

raid 0 is working phenomenally for me.  has anyone actually tested raid 0 and burst plots to make this claim of "not suggesting raid 0" that is being repeated over and over?

Raid 0 is problematic in two ways for burst:
    - If one drive fails you have to re-plot the whole raid
    - You end up with more disk seeks compared to using each drive on its own. For optimized plots its almost equal, non-optimized may use a lot more, but never less.

Please give a link to this motherboard. Looks like some ultra-expensive server-board?

Das pinballdude wrote, you need to be able to read all plots in time.

coinits
    Legendary

Activity: 1582
    Merit: 1019

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 02:22:03 PM

max at his full name dot com
    stacyherbert at the g mail dot com

but he has his own crypto so may not be the champion that you seek.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
    crowetic
    Legendary

Activity: 2282
    Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
    December 23, 2014, 04:36:58 PM

Yea, I was just gonna say that, he's got his own coin, so why would he be interested in ours? I mean, given, his coin sucks. but yea. lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
        ..Web and Application hosting.
         ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
        ..leveling and voting.
    | https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
                Founder/current dev group facilitator
    [/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
    vbcs

Activity: 137
    Merit: 100

AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 04:52:10 PM

I am sure we know Smiley

1ELCU3hahFLMPPqsoHS2Mg2Rqjya6VXjAW
    coinits
    Legendary

Activity: 1582
    Merit: 1019

View Profile
    December 23, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Yea, I was just gonna say that, he's got his own coin, so why would he be interested in ours? I mean, given, his coin sucks. but yea. lol.

I just had an idea. http://startjoin.com is one of his pet sites. I think that he is part owner. Maybe if the marketing group was to start some sort of crowd funding project on his site, he may take notice and start talking about it. Taking it to the extreme, he may even go so far as to want to do an interview with the DEV...if he is willing to step into the public eye. There is a whole cryptocurrency section:

https://www.startjoin.com/projects/discover/Cryptocurrency

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
    Pages: « 1 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 [815] 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... 1315 »
      Print  

Jump to: