Recently, there has been a few announcements, showing increasing activity in the Burst community. Below we would like to contribute with another one, hopefully to your satisfaction.
Today we would like to make several announcements that a group of us been working on for a while behind the scenes. We’ll also give a bit of information about our future plans, plans we do hope you’ll take part off.
However, we are sorry for the wall of text even if we tried to keep it short, but some background info is needed to understand why we post this. Questions and comments about the content below are well-suited for BurstForum.com
, but can also be asked here.
Please note, that the PR efforts have been discussed with dev and got his support.
So let’s start: the post is divided into four main sections, although they sometimes overlap.1. The Core PR team
2. Funding, work and the community contributions
3. The Roadmap
4. The Next Steps
1) The core PR team
Since Wulfcastle offered his help to promote Burst on November 28
, nothing much happened in the community. In a follow-up post, mmmaybe
suggested we could establish a “PR management team” to handle various activities, but also that idea passed almost unnoticed.
However, what did happen after this was that talks started among three community members. Wulf was offered funding by mczarnek to create a professional website for Burst, no one else did. To secure things, mmmaybe acted as an escrow agent for the deal, and everything worked out perfectly. The URL has been posted before, but due to Wulfcastle’s and mczarnek’s initiative we today have a brand new site:http://www.burstcoin.info
Please have a look!
Keep in mind that some work remains to be done, but shortly will be attended so BURSTers can be proud of their “home”. Also, props must also go out to Irontiga who is currently hosting the site.
Due to the success with the website, the core members returned to idea of creating a “management team” for PR, the primary reason being to try to enroll the personal and monetary resources to reach as far as Burst can – together with its stunning technological development. The “core group” will do whatever they can to promote Burst in the future, but we’ll never be able to do all things required and highly desirable to support the coin by ourselves.
Today six community members constitute the core: crowetic
, and Wulfcastle
. We hope we have your trust, or at least will earn it, as work really starts. Even if new members might be added to the core, it’s important that they are few to remain executive (and not just talk), coordinate the Burst’s roadmap for PR and attract associated PR members to work with items on the roadmap. Would we fail to do so, the core should be replaced, in part or as a whole.
It’s vital to understand that this group isn’t exclusive nor excluding. We are a group of members starting to work together, but as in every establishment a few people have to make some hard decisions and be ready for harsh critique. Here it’s also important to understand that the “core” will not be static: As time passes, new members might be added to the core while others will resign.
2) Funding, work and the community contributions
To reach our goals we’ll need the support
of the Burst community.
We will need your ideas and creativity, your enthusiasm and sometime critique of what we should prioritize. We will need you to work with us, and sometimes also help out with funding of important things to move forward. The core group will be very active with work, discussions and making sure things proceed as planned. But our most important task will be to get you, the whole community, on-board on this journey that dev put us all on. Important will be to coordinate and manage all the Burst’s forthcoming PR activities and show results to everyone involved.
We need as many competent associated PR members from the community as possible. The core alone will not make the roadmap a reality, but your efforts and ideas will. In the thread on BurstForum.com
we have a place for brainstorming of possible things we can and wish to do, where you also can indicate interest in participate in the work. Hence, this process will be very open to change and suggestions. Without the associated PR members, the core group is nothing.
In addition, Burst wasn’t pre-mined. Burst wasn’t a scam. Burst wasn’t an IPO/ICO. Burst has no funds, just the coins the community owns.
Burst was a perfectly fairly launched crypto-currency, notwithstanding all the technical innovations. That is of course awesome, but on the other side, this means that neither dev nor the PR team have any funds for bounties, donations or monetary means to pay (external) developers. Just think of the great looking website created by Wulf and mczarnek’s cooperation by internal funding.
We need more of the things like the website funding. This will not be any sort of “scam” or a one man’s show; we truly believe if everyone, from small miners to large investors, join their efforts and competences Burst will come a long way. As someone wrote: You should not ask what Burst can do for you, but what you can do for Burst. Everyone can contribute with something: Working on a specific task on the roadmap, donating some of your earnings or come up with new ideas.
But why, you might ask, would you do that? Well, all the work put into Burst will increase your investment. Working for Burst in this way, is really just another way of mining new coins, developing advanced technological features of buying at the exchanges – except is free, collaborative and hopefully fun.
When funding a task is upcoming, we'll post about it separately.
3) The PR Roadmap
The core members have spent a considerable amount of time to create a roadmap for PR activities and start working on some of them, but still it’s very much tentative. We need your input, comments, ideas and critique to create the ultimate roadmap.
Below is a number of tasks with a comments where we stand in the development process; points with no comment have not been attended yet.
• Creating the website (done)
• Contribute with more content to the website (see website and discuss with core members)
• Creating backup for main website (done)
• Create a core PR team for coordination and implementation of the roadmap (done)
• Create a dev-fund (done). Here crowetic has been generous enough to donate percentage of his pool’s earnings. We urge the other pool ops to do the same! The Burst and BTC addresses will be found at the end of this text. Of course we will be fully transparent with who receive a donation or a bounty. (on-going)
• Starting and maintaining a Twitter account. Preferably, the person doing this has a lot of connection in crypto; also more than one person can cooperate. This is significant as we’ll be able to spread news of Burst fast and interact with the overall crypto-community.
• With Twitter and other PR means, organize a https://www.thunderclap.it/en
• Making a promo video with voice-over. The cost is estimated to 2.5 to 3 BTC. (planning stage)
• Compile and maintain/update an investor-relevant information on bi-weekly basis in a concise single post/webpage, displaying information such as price-development overtime, emission rate, number of wallets and coins, and network size, along with a summary of technological and PR progress.
• Creating and implementing an e-mail list, where news and developments are announce a couple of times a month.
• Making an inventory of significant people in the crypto-community along with crypto-publications, including blogs, where we can send Burst news.
• Writing articles for publications in online publications as well as printed media, together using the inventory above to get them published
• Create an up-to-date mining guide for Windows (mostly done)
• Create an up-to-date mining guide for Linux
• Develop and maintaining a professional Facebook page
• Develop and maintaining a professional Reddit page
• Develop and maintaining a post or webpage with available assets
• Be active in the troll boxes at Polo and c-cex. Note: this must be made in an appropriate way, but to remained traders of Burst once in a while can’t be bad. Doing it too much can, however, backfire.
• Create a nice paper wallet.
• As many comment, this thread is very long, confusing and hard to navigate. With dev’s help, we suggest to create a new ANN thread, keeping it very clean offering up-to-date guides to miners, information and news relevant for investors, many coming from the Roadmap. No mining questions would tolerated there. However, at the same time, this old thread should remain open, but be renamed it to something more suiting: After all, it will be the place for the never ending questions of mining.
• Establish contacts with the major HDD manufactories to investigate their interest. We will display how many HDDs are in the network and its rapid growth, and thos might be an interesting marked for, e.g. WD and Seagate. (started)
• Create games, from simple dice to casinos and poker.
• Help a projects with hosting a Burst-related site .
• Contribute to bounties when such are announced.
• Work towards getting Burst accepted as payment method.
4) The Next Steps
Please contribute to the roadmap, by solving tasks, donation or come up with new ideas! The primary, initial channel for this will be the following thread on BurstForum.com
; use it for brainstorming, discuss new ideas and seek partners to work on a specific task. Those who joinwill, however, be invited to a working place we have developed for work, where we discuss things quite intensively.
You can also PM all the core members or email us at burst at countermail.com, an end-to-end encrypted service. When PMing or emailing, do expect longer times for answering then on the forums.
Those completing PR tasks, a member be listed in a Hall-of-Fame thread for their efforts, if they wish so! If you like work, please consider a donation.
This is the first post from the PR team, but we will be back shortly with updates. As one point above requires some funding, we will get present details for that very soon. Also, please note: Just because a member of the core make an announcement post like this, it's not the poster but the whole group posting. This text has significant contributions from the core members, just as we wish to work with you in the community.
Sincerely yours,crowetic, Irontiga, mczarnek, mmmaybe, uray and WulfcastleDonation addresses: To-Be-Announced