Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:44:44 PM

Happy holydays.
Glad to have some good news to balance the passing of RebPhil. Very sad to ear such news, our hope and thought go to his friends and family. He for sure is "higher" then he could ever been. He seems like a great/nice person and will be remember for sure. Let's show him we can march on with our commun/shared vision.
All that seems good, I would suggest maybe also an increase in max Coin Age from 45 to 60 or even 90 days. Willing to be part of tesnet if needed also. Best

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 11:07:51 PM

I regret to inform the Cannacoin community that one of our very own, Rebphil has passed over the holiday season. I would like to take a moment to remember an amazing soul who will forever be missed within the Cannacoin and crypto community.  I will never forget the countless hours we spent communicating via voice chat, email, skype etc. testing or reviewing code changes and geeking over crypto and the what if's of the world.  I will also never forget the time we spent together visiting last year during the holiday season when he took time out of his trip to come see me for breakfast and chat like two long life buddies.  This a person who truly believed in my dreams and devoted countless hours of time and energy helping me make them a reality, oh and thanks for the pliney reb!

While Phil was a few generations older then me, I still considered him a great friend and a young spirit who could keep up with us young guys, RIP buddy you will be missed around here.  Thanks for all the tips and tricks you handed down.

Edit: I know you finally got your garden of dreams up there Wink along with the yurt of all yurts!

I don't know rephil, but spoke to him a few times about CCN when i had the CCN pool running. I hope so, but it sounds like he had a good life! Rest in Peace!

Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 03:11:58 AM

Happy holydays.
Glad to have some good news to balance the passing of RebPhil. Very sad to ear such news, our hope and thought go to his friends and family. He for sure is "higher" then he could ever been. He seems like a great/nice person and will be remember for sure. Let's show him we can march on with our commun/shared vision.
All that seems good, I would suggest maybe also an increase in max Coin Age from 45 to 60 or even 90 days. Willing to be part of tesnet if needed also. Best

I think this is a good suggestion and a safe bet for the network at this time, I am ok with a 2x increase of the coin age to 90 days. I could only see this benefiting the network and something that can be revisited in the future. Ultimately I would like to maybe see some variable play here but for now, a fixed solution is safe.

Edit: working on getting a few nodes up and running with the changes now that I have some time to sit down for the day.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
GJayJayG

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:37:13 PM

Happy new year for all !!
Looking forward also to the new wallet.
All best to you all and to CCN
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 07:53:21 PM

Happy holydays.

I think this is a good suggestion and a safe bet for the network at this time, I am ok with a 2x increase of the coin age to 90 days. I could only see this benefiting the network and something that can be revisited in the future. Ultimately I would like to maybe see some variable play here but for now, a fixed solution is safe.

Edit: working on getting a few nodes up and running with the changes now that I have some time to sit down for the day.

I am writing up the launch for my weed coin asset, I am launching it on gethashing but will do a copy/pasta post here on BCT when I have the copy just right.
Please shoot me an ip for the testnet, I have a batch file ready with the testnet flag Smiley
gentamicin

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:11:04 PM

does this asset, pay in cannacoin ? =)
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:35:57 PM

does this asset, pay in cannacoin ? =)

Currently it only pays in BTC, but I have plans to payout in select coins. Have to work out the details on how to verify addresses and manage payouts.
sillypothead

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:50:34 AM

I thought I had mentioned here, but I guess i lost track of the thread after been away for awhile.

The CCN faucet is back up at http://sillypothead.com/ccnfaucet/

New algorithm and look, check it out. =)

Also another note, I'm trying to compile the unix wallet on another fresh dev server, but i'm getting this error.  I'm i missing a package or something since my old wallet on the old server compiles fine.  Any help appreciated.

Code:
db.h:14:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include <db_cxx.h>
                    ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/db.o] Error 1
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 06:54:54 AM

I thought I had mentioned here, but I guess i lost track of the thread after been away for awhile.

The CCN faucet is back up at http://sillypothead.com/ccnfaucet/

New algorithm and look, check it out. =)

Also another note, I'm trying to compile the unix wallet on another fresh dev server, but i'm getting this error.  I'm i missing a package or something since my old wallet on the old server compiles fine.  Any help appreciated.

Code:
db.h:14:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include <db_cxx.h>
                    ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/db.o] Error 1

Try this in your terminal, it should fix it.. it appears you're missing berkley db48 dependencies required to compile Cannacoin.

Code:
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8++-dev 

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
sillypothead

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:43:57 AM

Try this in your terminal, it should fix it.. it appears you're missing berkley db48 dependencies required to compile Cannacoin.

Code:

I get this back:

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libdb4.8++-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libdb4.8++-dev' has no installation candidate
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:44:49 AM

Code:

I get this back:

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libdb4.8++-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libdb4.8++-dev' has no installation candidate

What flavor of nix are your running? Ill check the repositories to see what's available for your build.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
sillypothead

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:50:46 AM

What flavor of nix are your running? Ill check the repositories to see what's available for your build.

Code:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty

I'm open to suggestions on distributions to try, it's a new environment and i have room to play with.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:52:46 AM

Code:

I'm open to suggestions on distributions to try, it's a new environment and i have room to play with.

Start here:
https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin/blob/Proof-of-Stake/doc/build-unix.md

In the meantime I'll check the repo to see what's up with the missing package...

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
sillypothead

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

Code:

Start here:
https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin/blob/Proof-of-Stake/doc/build-unix.md

In the meantime I'll check the repo to see what's up with the missing package...

ok, i'll check back tomorrow. thanks for the help, and quick response.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 08:02:32 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 08:16:23 AM by Cannacoin

If all else fails, there's always compiling the dependencies yourself Smiley

Code:
# Build berkley db4.8
# Technically, this should only be installed if the above              #
# libdb4.8XX-dev packages failed to install but nothing beats a little #
# overkill =)                                                          #
cd ~/Downloads
if [ ! -e db-4.8.30 ]
then
   wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.tar.gz
   tar zxvf db-4.8.30.tar.gz
   rm -f db-4.8.30.tar.gz
fi

cd db-4.8.30/build_unix
../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-cxx # If this doesn't work, try removing or changing prefix
make
sudo make install
cd ~/Downloads
rm -fr db-4.8.30/ # If it still doesn't work, try commenting out this line

locate libdb4.8-dev # Comment this out as it may cause problems

if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
   Failed to install db-4.8.30
   exit -1
fi

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
gentamicin

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:59:05 AM

i like how the market responds to the activity here =)
sillypothead

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:19:49 PM

If all else fails, there's always compiling the dependencies yourself Smiley

Good morning! I switched to a Debian 6.0 distro, and after a few mishaps, finally got it going.  For future references I had to run these:

All of the packages listed in the build-unix.md plus a few needed packages.

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
aptitude install sudo
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost1.37-dev
sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin
cd Cannacoin/src
sudo apt-get install make

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile

make -f makefile.unix

The swap file helps with memory problems while compiling.  Also if getting

Also I think i had to do the miniupnpc part too.

Code:
wget 'http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.6.tar.gz'
tar -xzvf miniupnpc-1.6.tar.gz
cd miniupnpc-1.6
make
sudo su
make install

Now just waiting on the wallet to sync up.

Hope this helps somebody, Cheers!

cryptowiz

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:27:07 PM

Created this account just to copy paste this content from reddit, because I feel it should also be here  Smiley

1. About the coin itself and its current state:

From reddit "Try to convince me to choose to invest in Cannacoin over PotCoin"

That's a good question and I would answer it with a few different reasons that CCN is better then POT.

1st off it was not based off of only 420 everything there was actually a conscious thought about the number of coins to be made. Each coin is meant to actually mean something like bitcoin.

2nd The dev of CCN is still around unlike potcoin's team constantly changing as if they don't seem to believe in what the coin is meant to be and I would agree with that as their direction has been misstep after misstep.

Potcoin has tried to regain some of it's fame by notably switching to POS and dropping the whole 420 scheme which I'd say was a step in the right direction but also now it's turned more into a sloppy clone of ccn and to be honest their switch from POW to POS was marred with problem after problem. Has CCN had any such thing happen to it?

The only "problem" if one would call it a problem that is, is the coins on exchanges have just not been bought up otherwise it could realistically be looking at being worth what litecoin is currently worth per coin as there's far less then 5 million CCN in existence and will be that way for a great while with only a 2% yearly gain.

I'm not buying ccn as a get rich quick idea but it very well could turn that way with just 1 big buyer or dispensary dropping their cash into ccn as it would hold it's value from lack of any real kind of inflation.

The only true non-chinese & non-russian controlled cannabis related coin: Nodes are either American, Australian or Europeans
Very High % of coin stacking,

Total coins:
  • *no premine
    *no ninja launch
    *no IPO
    *Only 12.5 Cannacoin per found block
    *resulting after 370'000 block in less than 5 mil total coins compared to ~ 91 mil for CANN & 220 mil for POT
    *adequate/ rational / pragmatic Stacking % (2&)
    *flawless switch to POSv
    *Almost 2 year old.
    *Cannacoin supported on smartphone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet *Creator / Main dev is still around and active

Massively undervalued ATM !!!

2. About the coin itself and its possible future:

From reddit: "Why I believe 2016 to be THE year for Cannacoin:"

https://imgur.com/TBJjvU4

•     Competent devs that are really working on the key technology components for widespread adoption:
        Wallet for all platforms, including smartphones
        a complete in-house Point-of-sales solution ready for production
        the core foundation for an automated/tasked exchange system (Cannapay)
        Excellent track record of showing over-and-over that this coin is not only clone, but a real coin on its own, with careful and regular implementation of new features and fixes.
        Will also greatly benefit in 2016 from:
        Continued increase in level of trust towards cryptocurrencies from general public, banks & governements around the world as blockchain technology is better understood.
        Legalization of Recreational AND/OR Medical Cannabis in multiple greatly populated states of the U.S.A. as well has depenalization in different European countries (Spain for example with "Social Clubs").
        Number of Computer-knowledgeable new generation of 420's constantly on the rise From a market/$$$ point of view:
        Has shown to not suffer from big downswings when BTC rapidly rise, so it is one of the few coins that actually gain value during BTC swings.
        Pretty unknown/underground coin since launch & it was never properly promoted for it's intrinsic values; so it's really cheap to get on board now.
        Is about to again be flawlessly updated Smiley

3. Beyond direct "in Point-of-Sale" or e-commerce full integration, an interesting idea to take advantage of cannabis related event/venues/conventions via ATM style posted a few minutes:

Someone has to set this up for this upcoming April 20 2016 events, conventions and other social venues. This should get many long terms small stake investors, possibly articles from the press attending venues and will further establish coin image as a community coin.

gentamicin

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:29:33 AM

Created this account just to copy paste this content from reddit, because I feel it should also be here  Smiley

1. About the coin itself and its current state:

From reddit "Try to convince me to choose to invest in Cannacoin over PotCoin"

That's a good question and I would answer it with a few different reasons that CCN is better then POT.

1st off it was not based off of only 420 everything there was actually a conscious thought about the number of coins to be made. Each coin is meant to actually mean something like bitcoin.

2nd The dev of CCN is still around unlike potcoin's team constantly changing as if they don't seem to believe in what the coin is meant to be and I would agree with that as their direction has been misstep after misstep.

Potcoin has tried to regain some of it's fame by notably switching to POS and dropping the whole 420 scheme which I'd say was a step in the right direction but also now it's turned more into a sloppy clone of ccn and to be honest their switch from POW to POS was marred with problem after problem. Has CCN had any such thing happen to it?

The only "problem" if one would call it a problem that is, is the coins on exchanges have just not been bought up otherwise it could realistically be looking at being worth what litecoin is currently worth per coin as there's far less then 5 million CCN in existence and will be that way for a great while with only a 2% yearly gain.

I'm not buying ccn as a get rich quick idea but it very well could turn that way with just 1 big buyer or dispensary dropping their cash into ccn as it would hold it's value from lack of any real kind of inflation.

The only true non-chinese & non-russian controlled cannabis related coin: Nodes are either American, Australian or Europeans
Very High % of coin stacking,

Total coins:
  • *no premine
    *no ninja launch
    *no IPO
    *Only 12.5 Cannacoin per found block
    *resulting after 370'000 block in less than 5 mil total coins compared to ~ 91 mil for CANN & 220 mil for POT
    *adequate/ rational / pragmatic Stacking % (2&)
    *flawless switch to POSv
    *Almost 2 year old.
    *Cannacoin supported on smartphone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet *Creator / Main dev is still around and active

Massively undervalued ATM !!!

2. About the coin itself and its possible future:

From reddit: "Why I believe 2016 to be THE year for Cannacoin:"

https://imgur.com/TBJjvU4

•     Competent devs that are really working on the key technology components for widespread adoption:
        Wallet for all platforms, including smartphones
        a complete in-house Point-of-sales solution ready for production
        the core foundation for an automated/tasked exchange system (Cannapay)
        Excellent track record of showing over-and-over that this coin is not only clone, but a real coin on its own, with careful and regular implementation of new features and fixes.
        Will also greatly benefit in 2016 from:
        Continued increase in level of trust towards cryptocurrencies from general public, banks & governements around the world as blockchain technology is better understood.
        Legalization of Recreational AND/OR Medical Cannabis in multiple greatly populated states of the U.S.A. as well has depenalization in different European countries (Spain for example with "Social Clubs").
        Number of Computer-knowledgeable new generation of 420's constantly on the rise From a market/$$$ point of view:
        Has shown to not suffer from big downswings when BTC rapidly rise, so it is one of the few coins that actually gain value during BTC swings.
        Pretty unknown/underground coin since launch & it was never properly promoted for it's intrinsic values; so it's really cheap to get on board now.
        Is about to again be flawlessly updated Smiley

3. Beyond direct "in Point-of-Sale" or e-commerce full integration, an interesting idea to take advantage of cannabis related event/venues/conventions via ATM style posted a few minutes:

Someone has to set this up for this upcoming April 20 2016 events, conventions and other social venues. This should get many long terms small stake investors, possibly articles from the press attending venues and will further establish coin image as a community coin.

thank you ! i cant wait for the day we can trade canna for cannacoin =)
cryptowiz

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:34:58 PM

First of all Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying some well deserved time off and family time!

I would like to start a discussion surrounding the change to the nStakeCombineThreshold in wallet.cpp for the Cannacoin network.  Currently the threshold for combined stake is set to 2,000,000 coins however this should be reduced to allow for the implementation to make sense and actually work as intended.  I am proposing we experiment with the threshold set at 1-5% of the current network supply, meaning somewhere around 46,000 - 225,000 CCN which from my experience would align with the holdings of many well invested CCN supporters and help keep the network moving properly allowing for the threshold to be met by most investors staking.

For those asking "What is the nStakeCombineThreshold?", from my understanding it is the max number of coins you can combine into one input to use for staking on the CCN network.  Currently with the number set at 2,000,000 CCN this leaves an unbalanced outcome and can slow the network from creating enough input transactions or stake age to generate the next block.  By lowering the combined threshold, this will help dramatically increase the number of staking transactions which will help speed up the network, in theory Cheesy Before any implementation is made live, I will create a testnet to put this theory to the work, if anyone cares to join I need all the help I can get(users).

If anyone has a proposed change they would like to make other then the above please speak now or forever hold your peace! Changes are coming shortly after the holiday, cheers!

-Sub

Is there a testnet active now? I am ready and willing to help test when the need arises.

Ill try to have a testnet up later tonight if I have some time, once I have the node available I'll post up an IP everyone can connect to. Would appreciate the extra help Rd, thanks!

Looking at the blockchain and latest blocks; I believe the network would really benefit from this update, as many blocks are more than TWO HOURS apart.
Current parameters seems to be also making alot of orphan blocks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: