Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:45:39 PM

Are the devs aware that the split threshold is set to 50% of the coins total supply?
This high split threshold is also why the coin is seeing only 100 or so blocks/day versus the 1440/day it should be.

I would suggest either lowering the threshold to 500 or implementing the custom threshold code from other coins like hyperstake.

Rdyoung, thanks for voicing your concerns about the network. Would you mind dropping a referencing the portion of code where you are think there might be an issue? Ill take a look and review but first Im trying to determine what "split threshold" you're talking about exactly.  If there is a problem and it needs to be fixed I can easily add an update to the next wallet release along with some other minor changes being made like 8_bit said.  

When you integrated POSv from reddcoin you left the reddcoin code untouched for the split, the split threshold is the size at which the code will split 1 output into 2 when staking. The issue here is that there is only 4.xmillion coin in circulation but the threshold was left at 2million which worked for RDDs billions.

In short the network doesn't have enough inputs trying to stake, therefore there will be times when no inputs are mature enough to stake and no blocks can be staked. It also doesn't matter if someone manually splits up their balance into a bunch of smaller inputs in attempt to push the network, eventually those inputs will get combined into 1 larger block.

Here is the relevant code in wallet.cpp
// we split the coinstake output in two to avoid concentrating
// too many coins in one output. currently almost always split.
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 45 * 24 * 60 * 60; // 45 days
// avoid concentrated transactions. on average, each block contains:
// generated interest  ~= 27b * 5% / 365 / 1440 ~= 2.5k
// corresponding stake ~= 27b / 365 / 1440 ~= 50k
// optimally each output stakes once every week so 50k * 52 = 2.6m
// but only a fraction of the total money supply is staked on the network
int64 nStakeCombineThreshold = 2000000 * COIN;
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

Are the devs aware that the split threshold is set to 50% of the coins total supply?
This high split threshold is also why the coin is seeing only 100 or so blocks/day versus the 1440/day it should be.

I would suggest either lowering the threshold to 500 or implementing the custom threshold code from other coins like hyperstake.

Rdyoung, thanks for voicing your concerns about the network. Would you mind dropping a referencing the portion of code where you are think there might be an issue? Ill take a look and review but first Im trying to determine what "split threshold" you're talking about exactly.  If there is a problem and it needs to be fixed I can easily add an update to the next wallet release along with some other minor changes being made like 8_bit said.  

When you integrated POSv from reddcoin you left the reddcoin code untouched for the split, the split threshold is the size at which the code will split 1 output into 2 when staking. The issue here is that there is only 4.xmillion coin in circulation but the threshold was left at 2million which worked for RDDs billions.

In short the network doesn't have enough inputs trying to stake, therefore there will be times when no inputs are mature enough to stake and no blocks can be staked. It also doesn't matter if someone manually splits up their balance into a bunch of smaller inputs in attempt to push the network, eventually those inputs will get combined into 1 larger block.

// generated interest  ~= 27b * 5% / 365 / 1440 ~= 2.5k

I was looking above at the nStakeSplitAge thinking this is what you were referring to... I now see exactly what you're talking about in regards to the math here on the combine threshold.  This is something we will for sure fix in the next release, I knew there was a good reason to give us a window to collective user feedback and pull requests from the community before pushing our next wallet.  The next changes going in were minor so this gives us an opportunity to do some refactoring and fix some genuine issues in network.  Good find, kudos to you Rd.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:32:47 AM

// generated interest  ~= 27b * 5% / 365 / 1440 ~= 2.5k

I was looking above at the nStakeSplitAge thinking this is what you were referring to... I now see exactly what you're talking about in regards to the math here on the combine threshold.  This is something we will for sure fix in the next release, I knew there was a good reason to give us a window to collective user feedback and pull requests from the community before pushing our next wallet.  The next changes going in were minor so this gives us an opportunity to do some refactoring and fix some genuine issues in network.  Good find, kudos to you Rd.

Glad I could be of help. To be honest though this isn't skill that found this, POTcoin is dealing with the same issue but the devs refuse to release an updated wallet to address it. It took me and a couple of others building out "mega wallets" with a ton of individual addresses to get the network up to speed. Even now if I pull my wallet offline for a day or so the network ends up short on the expected # of blocks.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 01:41:31 AM

Glad I could be of help. To be honest though this isn't skill that found this, POTcoin is dealing with the same issue but the devs refuse to release an updated wallet to address it. It took me and a couple of others building out "mega wallets" with a ton of individual addresses to get the network up to speed. Even now if I pull my wallet offline for a day or so the network ends up short on the expected # of blocks.

You still get the kudos for the find ;P.  I'm aware of the "mega wallet" approach in fact... there are a few users I know who do this on regular basis to try and gain better rewards but it's also good to know that this is also a symptom of the threshold that is causing the hiccup in the network.  There were a lot of things to cover making a POS transition work seamless for CCN, we attempted 3 successful live testnet transition with the help of the community before the actual hardfork. We were confident the network was was functional and "stable" but looking back a year ago now, we all I'm sure understand quite a bit more about the network and POS codebase so it was destined there was something missed. Don't worry though, luckily we've got at least a few active devs here to handle things as they come up Tongue

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:44:39 PM

You still get the kudos for the find ;P.  I'm aware of the "mega wallet" approach in fact... there are a few users I know who do this on regular basis to try and gain better rewards but it's also good to know that this is also a symptom of the threshold that is causing the hiccup in the network.  There were a lot of things to cover making a POS transition work seamless for CCN, we attempted 3 successful live testnet transition with the help of the community before the actual hardfork. We were confident the network was was functional and "stable" but looking back a year ago now, we all I'm sure understand quite a bit more about the network and POS codebase so it was destined there was something missed. Don't worry though, luckily we've got at least a few active devs here to handle things as they come up Tongue

Experience is usually the best way to gain an understanding of how something works. POSv is also quite a bit different from other forms of POS, because of the accelerated aging if the network isn't large enough and not enough inputs are vying to stake, the interest earned won't be what it should. I am sure someone could tweak the code to account for it but there really is no need, if you drop the split threshold low enough the network should spin up to speed within a few cycles.
8-bit

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:21:34 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 04:58:47 AM by 8-bit

You still get the kudos for the find ;P.  I'm aware of the "mega wallet" approach in fact... there are a few users I know who do this on regular basis to try and gain better rewards but it's also good to know that this is also a symptom of the threshold that is causing the hiccup in the network.  There were a lot of things to cover making a POS transition work seamless for CCN, we attempted 3 successful live testnet transition with the help of the community before the actual hardfork. We were confident the network was was functional and "stable" but looking back a year ago now, we all I'm sure understand quite a bit more about the network and POS codebase so it was destined there was something missed. Don't worry though, luckily we've got at least a few active devs here to handle things as they come up Tongue

I appreciate all the work performed in the PoSV switch. They ran a few different live testnets and put a lot of time in making sure the transition was flawless without any buybacks.

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:57:08 PM

The letsgetstaking.com staking pool is officially launched.
Thanks to 8-bit we start with a nice chunk of cannacoin to get things going.

Please check out http://letsgetstaking.com/pool for more info.
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

I've been trying to reach the letsgetstaking site for a cpl days now, but i've been unable to, due to a Cloud Flare error.  Any eta on when the site will be back?

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:21:35 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 03:46:08 PM by rdyoung

I've been trying to reach the letsgetstaking site for a cpl days now, but i've been unable to, due to a Cloud Flare error.  Any eta on when the site will be back?

We had an issue with the server its hosted on. I thought our server monkey gave it a swift kick and it was back up, I am looking into it.

Edit: Server is back up.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:28:55 PM

I am planning on launching a weed coin market making asset in the coming days.
If anyone here wants to be involved, please send me a pm. I am looking for a few larger investors to get it off the ground.

The basic idea is as follows.
50% of the asset will be used to invest in various weedcoins to stake, the other 50% will be used for arbitrage and possibly HFT if I can find the right algo.
For the short term, 75% will be held back to reinvest in more staked coins and the 25% will be paid out as dividends, either weekly or twice a month depending on size and earnings.
To keep things simple it will probably launch on NXT Asset Exchange, but I will probably do colored coins as well.
gentamicin

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

as a reminder, you can mine for cannacoin payouts at themultipool.com ! cheers
8-bit

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:20:58 PM

as a reminder, you can mine for cannacoin payouts at themultipool.com ! cheers

I'm about to fire up my miner now that winter is near. I'll bring some hash power over to your pool.

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:28:35 PM

Hi,
Is there any timeline/schedule concerning the updated wallet, with some of the fix already suggested ?

I myself would think that maybe some more tweak concerning the age/aging of coin might be also usefull, to help the network along.

NOW
Min stake age: 8 hours, 45 day max age.

MAYBE:
Min stake age: 4 hours, 90 day max age.(or maybe even up to 180 days)

And maybe would suggest also that the "suppose" Nominal stake interest: 2% annually , are I think applied only to the coin that are staking and so not the real "inflation", maybe if those 2% could be instead adjust to the staking number of coin.
Exemple:
If 50% of the coins are staking only, that (under my assomption), they get a 2% staking BUT the inflation/nbr of new coin for the year is only 1%.
So I would propose if not the case already and to help the network moving and encourage people to stake, that the 2% can stay the same BUT, if only 50% of the coins are stake they get 4% instead of the actual 2%, if only 25% is staking they get 8% ........

If anybody has more suggestion and knowledge about all that, they are welcom to contribute I would say.
And if there is also any "potential" problem or implementation with some of my suggestion, also welcome to comment/explain/share/crtitic.

Looking forward also to SubCreative response

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:48:13 PM

Hi,
Is there any timeline/schedule concerning the updated wallet, with some of the fix already suggested ?

I myself would think that maybe some more tweak concerning the age/aging of coin might be also usefull, to help the network along.

NOW

MAYBE:

And maybe would suggest also that the "suppose" Nominal stake interest: 2% annually , are I think applied only to the coin that are staking and so not the real "inflation", maybe if those 2% could be instead adjust to the staking number of coin.
Exemple:
If 50% of the coins are staking only, that (under my assomption), they get a 2% staking BUT the inflation/nbr of new coin for the year is only 1%.
So I would propose if not the case already and to help the network moving and encourage people to stake, that the 2% can stay the same BUT, if only 50% of the coins are stake they get 4% instead of the actual 2%, if only 25% is staking they get 8% ........

If anybody has more suggestion and knowledge about all that, they are welcom to contribute I would say.
And if there is also any "potential" problem or implementation with some of my suggestion, also welcome to comment/explain/share/crtitic.

To give the network a good push no change is needed to maturity, a simple change to the split/combine threshold is all that is called for. I would suggest 1/500th of the total supply if the # is fixed, if not integrate the code from hyperstake or another coin that allows for manual setting of the threshold.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 09:58:51 PM

Hi,

NOW

MAYBE:

Exemple:

To give the network a good push no change is needed to maturity, a simple change to the split/combine threshold is all that is called for. I would suggest 1/500th of the total supply if the # is fixed, if not integrate the code from hyperstake or another coin that allows for manual setting of the threshold.

I apologize for the late response, I have been extremely busy during the holiday season and have not had much time to be around.  I have plans to release a wallet update shortly after the new year that will adjust split threshold that RD has mentioned.  It is clear after reviewing the threshold there was some oversight and changes that need to be made in order to get the network moving properly. Other then this change to the threshold there has been no other proposed changes I feel that need to be implemented. 

As always I will have changes pushed to GitHub for peer review along with a testnet setup for those who want to test the implementation. Keep posted shortly after the new year for updates along with a strategy for implementation, 2016 should be smooth sailing for our network after these updates Smiley

Cheers Cannacoiners,
Sub

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:25:44 AM

Glad to hear we are going to have an updated wallet.
Will for sur help the network to be more steady.

Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 01:24:15 AM

First of all Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying some well deserved time off and family time!

I would like to start a discussion surrounding the change to the nStakeCombineThreshold in wallet.cpp for the Cannacoin network.  Currently the threshold for combined stake is set to 2,000,000 coins however this should be reduced to allow for the implementation to make sense and actually work as intended.  I am proposing we experiment with the threshold set at 1-5% of the current network supply, meaning somewhere around 46,000 - 225,000 CCN which from my experience would align with the holdings of many well invested CCN supporters and help keep the network moving properly allowing for the threshold to be met by most investors staking.

For those asking "What is the nStakeCombineThreshold?", from my understanding it is the max number of coins you can combine into one input to use for staking on the CCN network.  Currently with the number set at 2,000,000 CCN this leaves an unbalanced outcome and can slow the network from creating enough input transactions or stake age to generate the next block.  By lowering the combined threshold, this will help dramatically increase the number of staking transactions which will help speed up the network, in theory Cheesy Before any implementation is made live, I will create a testnet to put this theory to the work, if anyone cares to join I need all the help I can get(users).

If anyone has a proposed change they would like to make other then the above please speak now or forever hold your peace! Changes are coming shortly after the holiday, cheers!

-Sub

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 11:54:53 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2015, 12:06:18 AM by Cannacoin

I regret to inform the Cannacoin community that one of our very own, Rebphil has passed over the holiday season. I would like to take a moment to remember an amazing soul who will forever be missed within the Cannacoin and crypto community.  I will never forget the countless hours we spent communicating via voice chat, email, skype etc. testing or reviewing code changes and geeking over crypto and the what if's of the world.  I will also never forget the time we spent together visiting last year during the holiday season when he took time out of his trip to come see me for breakfast and chat like two long life buddies.  This a person who truly believed in my dreams and devoted countless hours of time and energy helping me make them a reality, oh and thanks for the pliney reb!

While Phil was a few generations older then me, I still considered him a great friend and a young spirit who could keep up with us young guys, RIP buddy you will be missed around here.  Thanks for all the tips and tricks you handed down.

Edit: I know you finally got your garden of dreams up there Wink along with the yurt of all yurts!

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:15:41 PM

First of all Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying some well deserved time off and family time!

I would like to start a discussion surrounding the change to the nStakeCombineThreshold in wallet.cpp for the Cannacoin network.  Currently the threshold for combined stake is set to 2,000,000 coins however this should be reduced to allow for the implementation to make sense and actually work as intended.  I am proposing we experiment with the threshold set at 1-5% of the current network supply, meaning somewhere around 46,000 - 225,000 CCN which from my experience would align with the holdings of many well invested CCN supporters and help keep the network moving properly allowing for the threshold to be met by most investors staking.

For those asking "What is the nStakeCombineThreshold?", from my understanding it is the max number of coins you can combine into one input to use for staking on the CCN network.  Currently with the number set at 2,000,000 CCN this leaves an unbalanced outcome and can slow the network from creating enough input transactions or stake age to generate the next block.  By lowering the combined threshold, this will help dramatically increase the number of staking transactions which will help speed up the network, in theory Cheesy Before any implementation is made live, I will create a testnet to put this theory to the work, if anyone cares to join I need all the help I can get(users).

If anyone has a proposed change they would like to make other then the above please speak now or forever hold your peace! Changes are coming shortly after the holiday, cheers!

-Sub

Is there a testnet active now? I am ready and willing to help test when the need arises.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 09:44:59 PM

-Sub

Is there a testnet active now? I am ready and willing to help test when the need arises.

Ill try to have a testnet up later tonight if I have some time, once I have the node available I'll post up an IP everyone can connect to. Would appreciate the extra help Rd, thanks!

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: