Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:19:50 PM

Trade and use Potcoin on Cannapay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deusopus

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:54:08 PM

Listen. These accusations of dishonesty are completely unfounded. The cannacoin team is, and has been, completely transparent in what they do and have my utmost respect as they have exhibited a level of integrity like you NEVER find these days. I've been acquainted with them for over a year now, before they made the coin. I registered with their online forum, joined in on the youtube show, and learned a few things along the way. They are widely accepted as leaders in the Northwest medical cannabis scene and they have a level of skill with the plant that I have never experienced before I met them. Not only that, they are extremely talented all-around, contributing very important and ground-breaking content to the web through their online forum (nwgt.org), youtube channel, and now cannacoin and cannapay. They are no joke. They're good people. They are completely above board with every move they make and have made. They are the epitome of trust. Their online store is nowhere near a scam. I don't know what gives anybody that idea. It's straight-forward easy to use and I was able to get a really nice piece of glass for not many cannacoin and because I live nearby, Jameson delivered it himself. How's that for service? What do they have to gain from fucking anybody over? I really can't say enough good things about these guys. They are good at what they do and they don't intend to screw anybody. If you want to align yourself with successful, highly intelligent, ethical, community-based individuals then you should really align yourself with cannacoin moving forward. Mine it, use it, share it with friends. You won't be disappointed.
8-bit

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

These guys are 100% legit and the store is not a scam

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

Listen. These accusations of dishonesty are completely unfounded. The cannacoin team is, and has been, completely transparent in what they do and have my utmost respect as they have exhibited a level of integrity like you NEVER find these days. I've been acquainted with them for over a year now, before they made the coin. I registered with their online forum, joined in on the youtube show, and learned a few things along the way. They are widely accepted as leaders in the Northwest medical cannabis scene and they have a level of skill with the plant that I have never experienced before I met them. Not only that, they are extremely talented all-around, contributing very important and ground-breaking content to the web through their online forum (nwgt.org), youtube channel, and now cannacoin and cannapay. They are no joke. They're good people. They are completely above board with every move they make and have made. They are the epitome of trust. Their online store is nowhere near a scam. I don't know what gives anybody that idea. It's straight-forward easy to use and I was able to get a really nice piece of glass for not many cannacoin and because I live nearby, Jameson delivered it himself. How's that for service? What do they have to gain from fucking anybody over? I really can't say enough good things about these guys. They are good at what they do and they don't intend to screw anybody. If you want to align yourself with successful, highly intelligent, ethical, community-based individuals then you should really align yourself with cannacoin moving forward. Mine it, use it, share it with friends. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks man, we appreciate it!

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

What he said.

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:18:35 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 09:29:23 PM by Cannacoin

Cannacoin

Cannacoin is the 0% pre-mined and completely transparent blockchain upon which transactions, smart contracts, and other future products and services are developed.  We will be able to utilize the Cannacoin blockchain for many applications in the future.

Cannapay

Cannapay is a cryptocurrency software platform built using NodeJS.  It is far more than just a trading tool and web-wallet that serves users through the web-based front-end user interface.  It is a full back-end solution for payment platforms and future applications.

We will be able to use the Cannapay back-end for everything from Point-of-sale, merchant processing, ATMs, escrow services, wallet hosting, exchange trading and arbitrage, brokerage, and more.  Please refer to the Cannapay API documentation for technical details on updates to invoice generation and inventory management.  Many products and services will utilize the Cannapay API without the user ever knowing it.  

NWGT.tv

NWGT.tv is the publishing platform we are building for providing media content for the cannabis community and industry.  We expect within a year to have dozens of live TV shows and thousands of video archive content.

Cannabis Community Network

The Cannabis Community Network is the brand under which we unify all of our platforms.  It is essentially a public non-profit organization for Cannabis enthusiasts and medical patients.  We envision a place where people can go and get access to whatever information, products, services, etc that they need that is in compliance with regulations and using the latest in trust-based web technology.  This means that people will be able to interact with other people based upon their trust ratings.  

All of the platforms we are developing are to provide outlets and possibilities for business and social relationships.

Cannashares

One of the applications of the Cannacoin blockchain is Cannashares using smart contracts.  This is currently in development as we transition to the Blackcoin Proof-of-Stake 2.0 codebase for Cannacoin. This will allow businesses to issue contracts and pay dividends to investors on the blockchain. Therefore, Cannacoin will be a place for people to crowd fund transparently and through a web-of-trust.

We will be the first to issue Cannashares as shares of revenues in the form of dividends from advertising, products, and services offered under the Cannabis Community Network.

TokeTalk.Net

TokeTalk.Net is a great place to hang-out and have a smoke with people around the world.  It's SSL secured and usernames and passwords are salted and encrypted through hashing functions.  We use the OpenTalk platform to build NWGT.tv and TokeTalk.Net.  

Cannacoin Store

The Cannacoin Store was one of the first things built to support Cannacoin.  It gives users and miners the ability to purchase products directly using Cannacoins (CCN).  99% of the products on the store are made by the team.

Hotbox710.com  

The hotboxes on the Cannacoin store are custom made by our very own developers here in Seattle.  We sell them and distribute them through Hotbox710.com as well as in retail stores.  

Cannaman posing with a custom-made Hotbox Dab Station.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
hybridsole

Activity: 943
Merit: 783

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:03:42 AM

Both communities are screwing each other, congrats. When we stop acting like children rooting for their favorite baseball team, maybe we'll start attracting additional investment.  I own stakes in both coins, I'm embarrassed by the behavior of both communities. I know, 'you're a fuder', 'screw you', etc.. etc..   I understand there's legitimate concerns from both communities, copy/pasting charts over and over again doesn't help anyone.

You're essentially scaring off the investors and only securing the hardcore follower. You'll do what you want, it's just a shame.  If I was one of the developers of the newer coins that are now slapping us all around in market cap, I'd have a good laugh.  The more fighting, the more profit their communities will realize.  Complaints are fine, accusations are fine, acting like kids is not profitable.  I'm not looking for friends, I'm not screaming $5 coins, I'm here for investment.

I understand these communities are driven by very smart individuals, most probably still in their early 20s as a whole. It's expected but a damn shame we're destroying ourselves.  I love what Cannapay is doing in the development side of the house, I love how CannabisCoin is at least hosting events.  Please think about the moderate investors, people with actual money that both communities are scaring away.  I said my peace, I'm sure bold letters and endless graphics will still commence. Shitcoin this, fudder that. Is this the image we want to draw in investors?  Not pump and dumpers, but actual investors.

Some communities never learn. The ones that do, well, they remain in the top 10, top 15.

You sound like a very reasonable investor.  I would consider myself that, also. It's just that I have happened to get to know this CCN team very well over the last several months and they are now more like a family to me.  I invite you to check out some of the communities build around Cannacoin, either via IRC (#Cannacoin), reddit (r/cannacoin), or NWGT.org. 

I have been involved with several coins, including other cannabis related coins.  Subcreative and the CCN team is a very honest and welcoming community, perhaps to a fault.  The developers also believe strongly in the principles that Satoshi laid out which includes transparency in the blockchain.   It's a shame that all of this fighting had to occur.  CCN would rather not have to be the messenger to expose the 18m hidden coins, but that's just the way it has played out.  Either way, it was not to score points or somehow make people think CCN was better. To be completely honest, when CANN was skyrocketing it was much better for CCN because a rising tide lifts all boats.  We experienced much higher prices as a result, but that has never been the focus of Cannacoin.

In the end, what's right is right, and the team felt the need to ask these questions. I believe, looking back, everyone will agree it was the right call to make despite the temporary blow-back it has caused. 

Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 03:55:54 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 04:14:35 AM by Cannacoin

We now have a cryptoID Cannacoin Blockchain Explorer!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ccn/

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:35:18 AM

Very happy to see the news. Feels good to be a strong supporter. Rock on.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
8-bit

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:19:09 PM

Cannacoin has some pretty cool projects in the works, happy to be a supporter

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 10:01:26 PM

We will have a news update regarding the Proof-of-Stake transition for you all by tomorrow afternoon.  We are working diligently on this and are staying focused on the task at hand.  Thanks

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:09:54 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 10:24:09 PM

An update on the transition to Proof of Stake 10/28/14:

Background: A little over a month or so ago, the CCN team proposed a few options to the community regarding protocol changes. It was decided that in order to secure our network and continue forward in the cryptocurrency space a transition to PoS would be a likely solution to the potential threats we face. Below is a quick update of where we stand today.

Since the decision was made, I personally (SubCreative) have begun a transition for proof of stake using the newly released BlackCoin PoS2.0 codebase. During past few weeks it appears that I have run into some barriers during the teams initial testing. The issue are related to transactional formats used by BlackCoin in it's proof of stake model compared to transaction formats used in our Scrypt protocol. Our team has reached out to BlackCoin and Rat4 the lead developer to ask for some advice and guidance on the situation. After our brief conversation Rat4 has suggested that in order to mitigate the transactional format barrier and problems in the future a complete transition would likely be the best option (meaning a new blockchain and buyback).

I want to open the discussion to the community for feedback and comments as well as provide a few (not limited to) options we have put together to continue forward with a move towards securing our network.

1) Investigate further using other PoS (Reddcoin etc) codebases which are originally a LTC fork which has successfully completed a hardfork to PoSV without buyback or creating a new blockchain. The Reddcoin is seen as the most likely possibility for successful Proof-of-Stake transition at this moment.  It also uses a custom "v2" of proof-of-stake. (Blackcoin is not the only alternative PoS Model, we need to investigate into these PoS models further to understand the level of changes to the protocol tx, block etc.)

2) Investigate other options such as forking Dogecoin for AUXPoW which allows merged mining between multiple coins, (Work completed on 1 chain is valid for submitting to another).  This option would open the doors for a wider network security as multiple chains are able to collaborativly secure each other. While this would certainly increase security it is not a proof-of-stake model and can act as a temporary placeholder while we continue our efforts to move towards a PoS model.

3) Open source the current Cannacoin (POS 2.0) codebase for the community in hopes that others will participate in codechanges needed to help make a direct hardfork take place instead of a reset/buyback.

4) ...? Open for discussion, the team has choosen not to include the buyback in our likely scenarios as we feel it is against the model of crypto currency and leaves too many opportunities for lost or unclaimed coins as well as a lack of transparency from one chain to another as the old scrypt chain dies over time.

I will refrain from posting my input or opinions until I hear some feedback from the community. I strongly believe it's important this information be public and that our community is the deciding factor in this move forward. Basically I don't wan't my suggestion or opinions to sway yours just because I'm a dev, this is about the future of our community and network and all voices are important. As always if you have any futher options or suggestions, please put them on the table. If you are a developer interested in participating in the project, we're a small team here and we could use all the extra hands we can get, please contact us at team@cannacoin.cc

Over the coming days I will be continuing to reach out to my colleagues in the crypto space and move forward with my investigation, testing and build change efforts while we as a community discuss. If I have any new details to bring to light I will do so asap. For now I just wanted to provide some info on where things are as of right now.

-SubCreative

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

An update on the transition to Proof of Stake 10/28/14:

Background: A little over a month or so ago, the CCN team proposed a few options to the community regarding protocol changes. It was decided that in order to secure our network and continue forward in the cryptocurrency space a transition to PoS would be a likely solution to the potential threats we face. Below is a quick update of where we stand today.

Since the decision was made, I personally (SubCreative) have begun a transition for proof of stake using the newly released BlackCoin PoS2.0 codebase. During past few weeks it appears that I have run into some barriers during the teams initial testing. The issue are related to transactional formats used by BlackCoin in it's proof of stake model compared to transaction formats used in our Scrypt protocol. Our team has reached out to BlackCoin and Rat4 the lead developer to ask for some advice and guidance on the situation. After our brief conversation Rat4 has suggested that in order to mitigate the transactional format barrier and problems in the future a complete transition would likely be the best option (meaning a new blockchain and buyback).

I want to open the discussion to the community for feedback and comments as well as provide a few (not limited to) options we have put together to continue forward with a move towards securing our network.

1) Investigate further using other PoS (Reddcoin etc) codebases which are originally a LTC fork which has successfully completed a hardfork to PoSV without buyback or creating a new blockchain. The Reddcoin is seen as the most likely possibility for successful Proof-of-Stake transition at this moment.  It also uses a custom "v2" of proof-of-stake. (Blackcoin is not the only alternative PoS Model, we need to investigate into these PoS models further to understand the level of changes to the protocol tx, block etc.)

2) Investigate other options such as forking Dogecoin for AUXPoW which allows merged mining between multiple coins, (Work completed on 1 chain is valid for submitting to another).  This option would open the doors for a wider network security as multiple chains are able to collaborativly secure each other. While this would certainly increase security it is not a proof-of-stake model and can act as a temporary placeholder while we continue our efforts to move towards a PoS model.

3) Open source the current Cannacoin (POS 2.0) codebase for the community in hopes that others will participate in codechanges needed to help make a direct hardfork take place instead of a reset/buyback.

4) ...? Open for discussion, the team has choosen not to include the buyback in our likely scenarios as we feel it is against the model of crypto currency and leaves too many opportunities for lost or unclaimed coins as well as a lack of transparency from one chain to another as the old scrypt chain dies over time.

I will refrain from posting my input or opinions until I hear some feedback from the community. I strongly believe it's important this information be public and that our community is the deciding factor in this move forward. Basically I don't wan't my suggestion or opinions to sway yours just because I'm a dev, this is about the future of our community and network and all voices are important. As always if you have any futher options or suggestions, please put them on the table. If you are a developer interested in participating in the project, we're a small team here and we could use all the extra hands we can get, please contact us at team@cannacoin.cc

Over the coming days I will be continuing to reach out to my colleagues in the crypto space and move forward with my investigation, testing and build change efforts while we as a community discuss. If I have any new details to bring to light I will do so asap. For now I just wanted to provide some info on where things are as of right now.

-SubCreative

I personally am super thankful for the hard work you've put in for Cannacoin and Solarcoin to bring about a transition.

We are in a transition phase and there's a lot of great development out there, and we are going to be a part of the future no matter what.

I would vote for looking into the Reddcoin codebase to implement Proof-of-Stake.  In addition, I also think that Dogecoin AuxPOW is a fantastic idea to secure the network.

Temporarily moving us to Dogecoin for merge mining would put us in a very strong position going forward as well.  

Our ultimate goal should be proof-of-stake, and since proof-of-stake is still very experimental, I don't think being in a hurry is necessary.  However, we should urgently look at getting our network secured and we can achieve that with merge mining.

Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 11:14:03 PM

Merge mining would also help Dogecoin, would it not? That certainly sounds like a very intriguing option.

What other coins are doing this now?

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
8-bit

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:19:45 AM

I would also vote that we look into Reddcoin codebase to implement Proof-of-Stake. As tokyo mentioned above, thanks for all of the hard work

WaGHG

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:16:15 AM

I'd look into the ReddCoin PoSV model.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:07:07 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 04:51:08 PM by Cannacoin

Right now, we have decided to work on moving Cannacoin to the Reddcoin codebase. We have had great success so far in forking the Reddcoin protocol for a Cannacoin hard fork and we will keep you updated on the progress as we debug.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:09:44 AM

Just wondering if there is a tentative date for the Reddcoin PosV rollout... no rush... just asking... thanks!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:27:31 PM

Just wondering if there is a tentative date for the Reddcoin PosV rollout... no rush... just asking... thanks!

At the moment, we are still testing the wallet staking and doing code review.  The blockchain syncs perfectly with the Reddcoin codebase and we have tested transactions.

We haven't picked a POW block number to switch over to yet... we'd like to have the new wallets compiled no later than 10 days from now, but right now we're still focused on checking all the code.  We also reached out to the reddcoin devs to see if they are interested in looking through the code as well.

Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: