Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188466 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blakeaholics

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 01:40:04 AM

Hmm, thanks! I tried the new one, fresh wallet, full sync, and was all good until I added my old wallet file. It is definitely from Cannacoin as it showed coins in my wallet on the older version.
The newer version can't even start up with the old copy of the wallet file.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

Announcement: CCN added to StakeMyBit - First automated POS Pool - no miners needed!

Caution: Please be aware that using a service like StakeMyBit is poses some risk as a central point of failure.  
Due to this risk, we encourage users not to store a large sum of coins on this service until it is proven by the community. At this point we are grateful for their support
but want all users to take caution when using this automated "first of its kind" service until it can be vetted.

Major thanks to the guys at StakeMyBit for reaching out and supporting the CCN Community!

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:41:23 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 03:17:50 AM by tokyopotato

Hmm, thanks! I tried the new one, fresh wallet, full sync, and was all good until I added my old wallet file. It is definitely from Cannacoin as it showed coins in my wallet on the older version.
The newer version can't even start up with the old copy of the wallet file.

Honestly, to me it sounds like your wallet.dat file is corrupt some how.  There's some other options to try.  Read Sipa's comments down at the bottom to see about corrupted wallet.dat:  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2395

1) Run your Cannacoin-QT with the -salvagewallet flag at the end.  I'm not sure anyone's tried this with Cannacoin yet

"C:\Users\John\Desktop\Cannacoin-qt 2.0.0.1\cannacoin-qt.exe" -salvagewallet

or "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Cannacoin-qt 2.0.0.1\cannacoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet"

2) Importing the private keys into a new wallet.  Loading the old wallet QT software if need be with the wallet.dat and export your private keys.  Then import them into a new wallet.  

If you want someone else to try with that wallet.dat, I would be happy to help you.
Bitarama

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:34:50 AM

Announcement: CCN added to StakeMyBit - First automated POS Pool - no miners needed!
Thanks for the post.

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:40:09 AM

Honestly, to me it sounds like your wallet.dat file is corrupt some how.  There's some other options to try.  Read Sipa's comments down at the bottom to see about corrupted wallet.dat:  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2395

1) Run your Cannacoin-QT with the -salvagewallet flag at the end.  I'm not sure anyone's tried this with Cannacoin yet

"C:\Users\John\Desktop\Cannacoin-qt 2.0.0.1\cannacoin-qt.exe" -salvagewallet

or "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Cannacoin-qt 2.0.0.1\cannacoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet"

2) Importing the private keys into a new wallet.  Loading the old wallet QT software if need be with the wallet.dat and export your private keys.  Then import them into a new wallet. 

If you want someone else to try with that wallet.dat, I would be happy to help you.

You did it! Thank you thank you!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:39:54 PM

You did it! Thank you thank you!

That's great news!  Glad we could help you get this sorted out.  Cheers
blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 06:32:13 PM

Actually, one last question. With the new wallet, and my old one imported, I don't see my old address listed. I see the transactions from that address but it's not listed under my owned addresses.
Will I still receive coins sent to that old wallet address?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

That's great news!  Glad we could help you get this sorted out.  Cheers

Actually, one last question. With the new wallet, and my old one imported, I don't see my old address listed. I see the transactions from that address but it's not listed under my owned addresses.

You should still receive coins to those addresses.

If you go into help --> debug window --> console --> type 'listaccounts' or 'listaddressgroupings'

I'm not exactly sure how the wallet rebuild process works but that should verify if those addresses are still used in your wallet.  If they don't show up, I would assume not to use them. 
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 2368

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

An official crypto to buy weed?? Sure it sounds legit? Smiley

I though there was a "cannabis coin" already tho...

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 07:31:53 PM

If you go into help --> debug window --> console --> type 'listaccounts' or 'listaddressgroupings'

I'm not exactly sure how the wallet rebuild process works but that should verify if those addresses are still used in your wallet.  If they don't show up, I would assume not to use them. 

Much appreciated.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

Who said anything about "official" ?  Nobody here has claimed "official".  You might be confused with Potcoin.

Also, Cannacoin was launched almost 1 month before CannabisCoin and we launched Cannacoin with a 0% premine and steady block rewards of 12.5 CCN for over 8 months before transitioning to PoSV.

If you are interested in joining a great community and project with serious software developers that have a long background in the Cannabis community in Washington State then I hope you get involved with us... we are usually available in Freenode IRC in the #cannacoin channel.

Thanks
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:16:07 PM

Much appreciated.

Great, glad you got everything sorted out finally Smiley
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:52:20 AM

Who said anything about "official" ?  Nobody here has claimed "official".  You might be confused with Potcoin.

Also, Cannacoin was launched almost 1 month before CannabisCoin and we launched Cannacoin with a 0% premine and steady block rewards of 12.5 CCN for over 8 months before transitioning to PoSV.

If you are interested in joining a great community and project with serious software developers that have a long background in the Cannabis community in Washington State then I hope you get involved with us... we are usually available in Freenode IRC in the #cannacoin channel.

Thanks

My only personal complaint on the cannacoin/cannabiscoin situation is that the names are way too similar and it just ends up being confusing for users.

I guess the better coin will win in the end, otherwise my investments in both will just mean more smoking material.
8-bit

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:55:33 PM

I think Cannacoin is a pretty solid name, it flows well and it's catchy. I know what you mean about the confusion thou. But it seems to get sorted out pretty quickly for new community members coming to the scene.

Hope everyone is having a good new years. 2015 will be an interesting one, time to bust out back to the future II Cheesy

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

My only personal complaint on the cannacoin/cannabiscoin situation is that the names are way too similar and it just ends up being confusing for users.

I guess the better coin will win in the end, otherwise my investments in both will just mean more smoking material.

The reality is that blockchains are much more than just coins.  They are networks and must be sustained and developed over time through code.  These networks do not just die or win over another.  They are a sort of digital living entity...   We expect to continue modernizing the Cannacoin network for a long time to come to provide much more than just single application cryptocurrency.

I'm sure everyone wishes there was a simple way to solve this brand confusion -- and we have approached other communities with the intention to fix this but did not get any assistance... in fact, we've never met the core code developers from either Potcoin or CannabisCoin.  

Maybe some day they will decide it is better to work together than to go it alone.  But we will not wait for them and will continue to develop platforms and work with other developers in the cryptocurrency space to explore innovative blockchain applications.  

Everyday, we are building new relationships throughout the cryptocurrency development sphere and there is steady progress behind the scenes in applying these networks in the Cannabis industry.

Of course, we are also constantly analyzing regulatory compliance developments in both the cryptocurrency and Cannabis industry here in the United States, and our partners and investors are well aware of this!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:01:55 PM

I think Cannacoin is a pretty solid name, it flows well and it's catchy. I know what you mean about the confusion thou. But it seems to get sorted out pretty quickly for new community members coming to the scene.

Hope everyone is having a good new years. 2015 will be an interesting one, time to bust out back to the future II Cheesy

Thanks 8-bit and Happy New Year to you!
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

The reality is that blockchains are much more than just coins.  They are networks and must be sustained and developed over time through code.  These networks do not just die or win over another.  They are a sort of digital living entity...   We expect to continue modernizing the Cannacoin network for a long time to come to provide much more than just single application cryptocurrency.

I'm sure everyone wishes there was a simple way to solve this brand confusion -- and we have approached other communities with the intention to fix this but did not get any assistance... in fact, we've never met the core code developers from either Potcoin or CannabisCoin.  

Maybe some day they will decide it is better to work together than to go it alone.  But we will not wait for them and will continue to develop platforms and work with other developers in the cryptocurrency space to explore innovative blockchain applications.  

Everyday, we are building new relationships throughout the cryptocurrency development sphere and there is steady progress behind the scenes in applying these networks in the Cannabis industry.

Of course, we are also constantly analyzing regulatory compliance developments in both the cryptocurrency and Cannabis industry here in the United States, and our partners and investors are well aware of this!

Thanks for the reply.

I had another question, is there a predetermined value/equivalency you intend for CCN? Say 1 gram/coin?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:13:19 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 07:24:11 PM by tokyopotato

Thanks for the reply.

I had another question, is there a predetermined value/equivalency you intend for CCN? Say 1 gram/coin?

If you go back and read through my analysis of cryptocurrency regulation being developed right now in NY and D.C., you'll see that price-pegging in cryptocurrencies is likely going to be illegal for businesses that don't meet strict financial regulations and acquire Bit-Licenses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.msg9978657#msg9978657

The issue with price-pegging is that you are essentially marketing a currency as an asset-backed security when in fact it is not backed by any assets at all.  We are seeing how GAWminers is not able to back their XPY with $20 as they claimed they would, because they don't have the assets to do it.  They will likely face some serious consequences for operating what in retrospect was a type of Ponzi-scheme.

The major issue with price-pegging in the Cannabis industry is that you have many different grades of product that can weigh 1 Gram.  From the perspective of growers and manufacturers of products, this doesn't make sense whatsoever.

If someone wants to grow some Cannabis and essentially give it away to promote their cryptocurrency, that's their choice, but this doesn't make sense from the perspective of serious businesses because it is not a sustainable model.  There is nobody there to guarantee a buyer at those prices, and there is no guarantee that you will ever redeem your 1 Coin for 1 gram of Cannabis.

It is one thing to do a promotion on occasion to bring more people to your store and it is another thing to back your currency 100%.  If you don't back the value that you are claiming it has, then it simply isn't a price peg.

So a bunch of cryptocurrency traders in Europe, China, Russia, U.S. go buy your currency for 1 cent... then you give away a bunch of product and increase the value of your cryptocurrency on the hype... and then they sell on the price pump and you've made those cryptocurrency traders some money.  But how is that a sustainable model?

It would only be sustainable if you were issuing those coins directly for a realistic price, and for each coin that exists in the market, there is a corresponding product there to back its' value.  At that point, you have a centrally controlled cryptocurrency, which defeats the purpose of even creating a decentralized cryptocurrency in the first place.

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 10:21:14 PM

Does CCN handle URI like the bitcoin client does?
Such as bitcoin:15PwfoWpWu7Kv1FFdz8WDwjpkHPoh8Yyvq but rather cannacoin:CaCY9KbrUZun9UShaXuTb46MQZG15qyCKP?

It'd be great if it could be included if it isn't already.
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:48:59 PM

Does CCN handle URI like the bitcoin client does?
Such as bitcoin:15PwfoWpWu7Kv1FFdz8WDwjpkHPoh8Yyvq but rather cannacoin:CaCY9KbrUZun9UShaXuTb46MQZG15qyCKP?

It'd be great if it could be included if it isn't already.

Yes, the uri is implemented however it will require a user to configure your browser to launch your Cannacoin client when you click an actual "cannacoin:" uri.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: