Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
0bert

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:23:50 AM

Crazy, never had probs with CCN-Wallet, but now my scanner here (Avast) detect the .exe as malware? WTF  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:02:07 AM

Crazy, never had probs with CCN-Wallet, but now my scanner here (Avast) detect the .exe as malware? WTF  Roll Eyes

So far I've seen Avast and Avira flag it, but Malwarebytes Premium and Windows Defender don't flag it. You are probably getting a warning something like this:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9f4418be05ea22f552b12e4cdb98efcde96b975d61f1e8124f808bb87e2ab86d/analysis/

We definitely will be releasing a future wallet that won't have this issue, but it could take some time and hopefully coincide with some graphical updates as well. Sorry bout that, but there's no virus we are confident and the source code is open-source.

There should be an Exception List in Avast where you can add cannacoin-qt.exe and it will not flag your AV

0bert

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:44:25 AM

Crazy, never had probs with CCN-Wallet, but now my scanner here (Avast) detect the .exe as malware? WTF  Roll Eyes

So far I've seen Avast and Avira flag it, but Malwarebytes Premium and Windows Defender don't flag it. You are probably getting a warning something like this:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9f4418be05ea22f552b12e4cdb98efcde96b975d61f1e8124f808bb87e2ab86d/analysis/

We definitely will be releasing a future wallet that won't have this issue, but it could take some time and hopefully coincide with some graphical updates as well. Sorry bout that, but there's no virus we are confident and the source code is open-source.

There should be an Exception List in Avast where you can add cannacoin-qt.exe and it will not flag your AV

Thanks for your fast reply!
I set a new path as exception, .exe alone is not enough... hope that will be fixed soon.
I just wonder why my scanner is detecting it now, and not earlier... dam bugs right.  Wink

Greets
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:53:40 PM

I just wonder why my scanner is detecting it now, and not earlier...

your AV jus' updated itself?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
8-bit

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

stumbled across these podcasts the other day, worth checking out

http://youmeandbtc.com/tag/cannacoin/

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
0bert

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:59:36 AM

It's updating itself steady...  Smiley
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:27:50 AM

It's updating itself steady...  Smiley
that's what i mean - now u have some new deffs ...maybe one of them was too sensitive?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
StonerStanley

Activity: 535
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:01:22 AM

Thanks for your fast reply!
I set a new path as exception, .exe alone is not enough... hope that will be fixed soon.
I just wonder why my scanner is detecting it now, and not earlier... dam bugs right.  Wink

Greets

I think 15% of the detected apps are false positives, maybe more, on virustotal.  Roll Eyes (especially if you scan uncommon apps)

Just saying.

Source: i like the security Smiley
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:41:35 PM

Does anyone have a summarized note sheet of what happened at the meeting?

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:06:57 PM

Cannacoin Christmas,

The value you're seeing in each coin (currently ~4k satoshi) is directly tied to the planned scarcity or "rarity" of CCN's protocol/supply, just take a look a bitcoin and ask yourself... "Why would Satoshi Nakamoto only create 21 million coins when he started BTC?". The answer is that each coin is almost infinitely divisible (0.00000001) which in turn allows for a frictionless currency that can acquire much more value with a limited supply then a lot of theses over inflated currencies/crypto coins with millions or billions being mined and in circulation (think federal reserve or even DOGE). These coins with an over abundance will have a hard time playing supply/demand when their networks are over-saturated with supply and lack the demand (or future demands) to play keep up. Think about it this way, each coin is made up of 100,000,000 (100 million individual units) satoshi's.. that's a lot of currency for each unit (1 coin).

With our transition to proof-of-stake demand can easily rise and justify increases in price due to an even more limited supply of 2% annual interest going forward. The move also removes aspects of centralization in mining and opens up many more possibilities for broader network security not to mention simply allowing anyone with coin to now participate in earning CCN.

I knew when creating CCN that a decision to limit the supply would/could dramatically reflect in the overall marketcap and could potentially limit our audience who purely base investments on a coins a coins marketcap however, on the flip side I also strongly believe that current models of "marketcap" are a total fallacy in crypto and feel our goal in the ecosphere is much more long term oriented and follows the supply philosophy that less is more. This longer term vision of ours is what will allow us to continue to drive value to our coin/network over time which in turn will help everyone see the same value you see and make us all happy campers am I right?  

Tokes up,
SubCreative

Dear Investors and Community,

Going forward once this coin becomes Proof-of-Stake the network security and value is in the hands of community members and investors.  You decide the price you want to sell your coins at.  You all decide what the network will be used for.  It is everyone’s responsibility to add value to this network because you ARE the network.

I really believe that now is the time to get involved in the Cannabis industry.  We are making huge progress here in the Pacific NW.  10 years from now, people will look back at the industry and wish they had this opportunity.  I am challenging everyone to invest not just in Cannacoin, but in products and services for Cannacoin and in applications that utilize the Cannacoin network – of which we are just scratching the surface.

We have a dedicated developer.  We have dedicated investors.  We can channel this huge amount of investment of time, energy, and money in this coin into new ventures.  We have an opportunity to be our own bank with our own payment network. This is a crowd-funding platform if you want it to be.  You just need to provide people with an incentive to join the network and be willing to give them the opportunity to invest.  So the question I would ask to everyone is, what do you want to see Cannacoin and the Cannacoin network used for and how are you going to apply your skills to help make it happen?

-Patrick

What does the team need from the community?
1)   Fundraising
2)   Graphic Designers
3)   Social Media promotion
4)   Bring in more Developers
5)   Sponsor Fiverr campaigns: https://www.fiverr.com/
6)   Corporate/Company partnerships

What do we need to do to make it easy for the community to be able to participate?
1)   Open Cannapay Beta completely
2)   Completely secure staking wallets w/ 2FA (fobfuscate project) – free for Cannacoin community
3)   Roadmap for Cannapay and individual donation address– partial open-sourcing of the project
4)   Roadmap for NWGT.tv and individual donation address
5)   Bitcoin Dev Fund
6)   Cannacoin Dev Fund
7)   Lots of Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit content
8.)   Consistent development updates

What we envision for the Cannacoin cryptocurrency network:
1)   Blockchain for content and product activation.  Similar “conditional freeware” concept.
a.   NWGT.TV premium subscribership
b.   NWGT.ORG premium access marketplace/wholesale
c.   Cannapay Premium access and features
2)   Stocks/Commodities traded on the Blockchain through decentralized Cannabis exchange
3)   Voting
4)   The community needs to help fund development or devote time and energy.  It’s not going to happen without everyone pitching in.

Community Feedback:

1) Get a black and white picture of our server costs.

2) Consolidate costs and make a budget plan for the community to see.  

3) Create a visual roadmap and solidify a graphics design team.

Let’s move together as investors in development.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:51:34 PM

Cannacoin Christmas,

The value you're seeing in each coin (currently ~4k satoshi) is directly tied to the planned scarcity or "rarity" of CCN's protocol/supply, just take a look a bitcoin and ask yourself... "Why would Satoshi Nakamoto only create 21 million coins when he started BTC?". The answer is that each coin is almost infinitely divisible (0.00000001) which in turn allows for a frictionless currency that can acquire much more value with a limited supply then a lot of theses over inflated currencies/crypto coins with millions or billions being mined and in circulation (think federal reserve or even DOGE). These coins with an over abundance will have a hard time playing supply/demand when their networks are over-saturated with supply and lack the demand (or future demands) to play keep up. Think about it this way, each coin is made up of 100,000,000 (100 million individual units) satoshi's.. that's a lot of currency for each unit (1 coin).

With our transition to proof-of-stake demand can easily rise and justify increases in price due to an even more limited supply of 2% annual interest going forward. The move also removes aspects of centralization in mining and opens up many more possibilities for broader network security not to mention simply allowing anyone with coin to now participate in earning CCN.

I knew when creating CCN that a decision to limit the supply would/could dramatically reflect in the overall marketcap and could potentially limit our audience who purely base investments on a coins a coins marketcap however, on the flip side I also strongly believe that current models of "marketcap" are a total fallacy in crypto and feel our goal in the ecosphere is much more long term oriented and follows the supply philosophy that less is more. This longer term vision of ours is what will allow us to continue to drive value to our coin/network over time which in turn will help everyone see the same value you see and make us all happy campers am I right?  

Tokes up,
SubCreative

Dear Investors and Community,

Going forward once this coin becomes Proof-of-Stake the network security and value is in the hands of community members and investors.  You decide the price you want to sell your coins at.  You all decide what the network will be used for.  It is everyone’s responsibility to add value to this network because you ARE the network.

I really believe that now is the time to get involved in the Cannabis industry.  We are making huge progress here in the Pacific NW.  10 years from now, people will look back at the industry and wish they had this opportunity.  I am challenging everyone to invest not just in Cannacoin, but in products and services for Cannacoin and in applications that utilize the Cannacoin network – of which we are just scratching the surface.

We have a dedicated developer.  We have dedicated investors.  We can channel this huge amount of investment of time, energy, and money in this coin into new ventures.  We have an opportunity to be our own bank with our own payment network. This is a crowd-funding platform if you want it to be.  You just need to provide people with an incentive to join the network and be willing to give them the opportunity to invest.  So the question I would ask to everyone is, what do you want to see Cannacoin and the Cannacoin network used for and how are you going to apply your skills to help make it happen?

-Patrick

What does the team need from the community?
1)   Fundraising
2)   Graphic Designers
3)   Social Media promotion
4)   Bring in more Developers
5)   Sponsor Fiverr campaigns: https://www.fiverr.com/
6)   Corporate/Company partnerships

What do we need to do to make it easy for the community to be able to participate?
1)   Open Cannapay Beta completely
2)   Completely secure staking wallets w/ 2FA (fobfuscate project) – free for Cannacoin community
3)   Roadmap for Cannapay and individual donation address– partial open-sourcing of the project
4)   Roadmap for NWGT.tv and individual donation address
5)   Bitcoin Dev Fund
6)   Cannacoin Dev Fund
7)   Lots of Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit content
8.)   Consistent development updates

What we envision for the Cannacoin cryptocurrency network:
1)   Blockchain for content and product activation.  Similar “conditional freeware” concept.
a.   NWGT.TV premium subscribership
b.   NWGT.ORG premium access marketplace/wholesale
c.   Cannapay Premium access and features
2)   Stocks/Commodities traded on the Blockchain through decentralized Cannabis exchange
3)   Voting
4)   The community needs to help fund development or devote time and energy.  It’s not going to happen without everyone pitching in.

Community Feedback:

1) Get a black and white picture of our server costs.

2) Consolidate costs and make a budget plan for the community to see.  

3) Create a visual roadmap and solidify a graphics design team.

Let’s move together as investors in development.

An additional idea I have been pushing for someone to try is the super discount. Right now computer developers and marketers are working for free to try and make this cryptocoin stuff work. I want other people to use their skills for free towards getting cryptocoins used in the mainstream.

I want an e-commerce store, retail store or festival popup tent that operates for free or a small 10% mark up. The one problem with this is that it requires up front costs. It requires the $10,000 for a shipping container of product. If there was some way to get that $10,000 into the system then the shop should be able to work.

Unlike normal money, Cryptocoins value can go up. Even at a small 10% markup, if this coin ever goes up 100x in value then you will have made 10x more money than someone running a store.

This is just one idea. I really like the idea of someone using their skills that aren't computer related to improve the coin.

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

Hello everyone,

Remember to have your wallets Unlocked for Staking Only at least 8 hours prior to the transition!

Go to settings --->  Unlock ---> Staking Only box must be checked ---> type in your passphrase and click ok

You will see the lock on the bottom right of the wallet open.  You will STILL need to type your passphrase to make any changes to the wallet or send Cannacoins.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:57:20 PM

An additional idea I have been pushing for someone to try is the super discount. Right now computer developers and marketers are working for free to try and make this cryptocoin stuff work. I want other people to use their skills for free towards getting cryptocoins used in the mainstream.

I want an e-commerce store, retail store or festival popup tent that operates for free or a small 10% mark up. The one problem with this is that it requires up front costs. It requires the $10,000 for a shipping container of product. If there was some way to get that $10,000 into the system then the shop should be able to work.

Unlike normal money, Cryptocoins value can go up. Even at a small 10% markup, if this coin ever goes up 100x in value then you will have made 10x more money than someone running a store.

This is just one idea. I really like the idea of someone using their skills that aren't computer related to improve the coin.

This is great feedback and you are 100% correct

We have plans in the Spring/Summer 2015 to make a push to participate in many street markets Cannabis and non-Cannabis related to bring products/services, glass, vaporizers, encourage NWGT membership, encourage the use of cryptocurrencies and community empowerment!  

We are currently discussing internally many Cannabis opportunities with industry leaders and are analyzing the legal status of both cryptocurrencies and Cannabis laws extremely closely to decide the best strategy for these new markets.

8-bit

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

all markets are on the move Cheesy

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
VirusIEP

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Admin BinPool.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

on pool - http://ccn.binpool.com/ - update wallet matadory
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:47:52 PM

I have asked BrookeFinancial to please remove this post as it appears to be advertising for CANN in our thread.  We don't want there to be any confusion between Cannacoin and CannabisCoin. 

Cannacoin is a serious cryptocurrency protocol with a 0% premine and extremely fair distribution.

If a vendor would like to accept Cannacoin (CCN) we can assist them using our Open-Cart plugin or other methods.  I hope that we can help to educate you and your vendors on the necessity to support 100% pure community oriented cryptocurrencies in the Cannabis industry.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
brookefinancial

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:51:06 PM

I have asked BrookeFinancial to please remove this post as it appears to be advertising for CANN in our thread.  We don't want there to be any confusion between Cannacoin and CannabisCoin.  

Cannacoin is a serious cryptocurrency protocol with a 0% premine and extremely fair distribution.

If a vendor would like to accept Cannacoin (CCN) we can assist them using our Open-Cart plugin or other methods.  I hope that we can help to educate you and your vendors on the necessity to support 100% pure community oriented cryptocurrencies in the Cannabis industry.

No problem.

Have a good day guys!

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:52:11 PM

I have asked BrookeFinancial to please remove this post as it appears to be advertising for CANN in our thread.  We don't want there to be any confusion between Cannacoin and CannabisCoin.  

If a vendor would like to accept Cannacoin (CCN) we can assist them using our Open-Cart plugin or other methods.  I hope that we can help to educate you and your vendors on the necessity to support 100% pure community oriented cryptocurrencies in the Cannabis industry.

No problem.

Have a good day guys!

Thank you and please if you are seriously interested in development of platforms and products/services, get in contact with us!

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 11:06:30 PM

If anyone is interested in accepting Cannacoin (CCN) we have an open-cart plugin and we can assist in development for your web-shop to accept Bitcoin, Cannacoin, and other cryptocurrencies.

If you are a manufacturer of a product and would like to have your product in our store, http://cannacoin.cc/store/, please contact us:

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:36:55 AM

If anyone is interested in accepting Cannacoin (CCN) we have an open-cart plugin and we can assist in development for your web-shop to accept Bitcoin, Cannacoin, and other cryptocurrencies.

If you are a manufacturer of a product and would like to have your product in our store, http://cannacoin.cc/store/, please contact us:

Nice job. I might try out making a shop in OpenCart. Right now my e-commerce websites are in Joomla or Drupal.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: