Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SativaL.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:00:41 PM

blabla   Roll Eyes

Thank you all for this bullshit so i can get me more cheap coins  lol Grin Grin
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:45:37 PM

...nazi member...

Grin Grin Grin Nice! Now explain me how come the output of `diff nazi.deeds zionism.deeds`is nada.

Except for your middled notions of people, everything else sounds plausible. Even if the hash turns to be a critical bug, the fact that competitors are paying serious attention to ShadowCash, speaks for itself. $1.5K is how much? A day's wage.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:58:25 PM

...nazi member...

Grin Grin Grin Nice! Now explain me how come the output of `diff nazi.deeds zionism.deeds`is nada.

Except for your middled notions of people, everything else sounds plausible. Even if the hash turns to be a critical bug, the fact that competitors are paying serious attention to ShadowCash, speaks for itself. $1.5K is how much? A day's wage.

Sorry to disappoint but there was no serious attention. Shen identified the potential pitfall while working on something else decided to look at existing ring signature implementations he could find to see if any of them had the bug. Both OZcoin and Shadow seemed to have it. It's possible he missed something too, and Shadow is protected in some manner, although it doesn't really look that way (the code posted here doesn't seem to fix it). I guess we'll see after further attention is given to it.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:03:40 PM

I would be interested to see SDC try to implement zerocash.

First market with this currency would be worth watching.

https://z.cash/team.html

edit

Let's see.

ZCash say they are going to launch in ~6months.

That would be a nice target window for SDC too. Let's say it works out great, you figure out a way to get the market connected; and you can figure out a way to get the launch handled in a way that people trust.

Where would that leave both competing anon and markets?
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:07:18 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 10:19:03 PM by erok

trash

Sorry to disappoint but there was no serious attention. Shen identified the potential pitfall while working on something else decided to look at existing ring signature implementations he could find to see if any of them had the bug. Both OZcoin and Shadow seemed to have it. It's possible he missed something too, and Shadow is protected in some manner, although it doesn't really look that way (the code posted here doesn't seem to fix it). I guess we'll see after further attention is given to it.

Another assumption by Smooth and Co. So he happened to be working on something else and just decided to create a blog (who's only post is dedicated to this FUD) and reddit post and a ton of other bad PR around his assumption which turned out to be incorrect and again you backed him even though he had no proof. slowclap.gif. You have really dug another hole again for Monero Smooth. And then quoting the guy that called me a "Jewish rat". Way to keep it classy Smooth!

"Sorry to disappoint but there was no serious attention" no kidding just an ignorant PR blast from Monero. You guys have changed. Makes me feel like I need to dump the Aeon I hold.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:10:05 PM

lets see if he can actually deanonimize a transaction Wink
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:27:29 PM

lets see if he can actually deanonimize a transaction Wink

If he can, I think that It's best that SDC Devs know about it and fix it, pay him the bounty, and thank him for finding the bug. Thats why a bounty exists, to find bugs and stomp them.

If he cannot actually deanonymize a transaction, then I'd say Monero will take a beating for this.  

Popcorn time.  Cool
X1235

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:37:05 PM

My vacuum brain has been insulted.

I haven't seen a single concrete statement from this clown erok. Only hypotheses and imbecile clucks.
erok

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:52:50 PM

My vacuum brain has been insulted.
I'm racist and hate everyone around me because my parents never cared.
My logic goes over your head frequently. It's ok pobrecito. I'll do the research that historically you have been incapable of. Got any more brain twisters like, "Does shadow have tor?" that I can answer for you, again?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
X1235

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:20:43 PM

I2P is not exactly Tor but I am just a propaganda rat, so how can I know? Plus my technical skills incline to zero.

How typical for a cheap persona like you, a cheap tries to imprint his own attitude to everyone else! And my parents?! That's your best shot, Froyd? Grin A malevolent imbecile.
erok

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:29:09 PM

I2P is not exactly Tor but I am just a propaganda rat, so how can I know? Plus my technical skills incline to zero.

How typical for a cheap persona like you, a cheap tries to imprint his own attitude to everyone else! And my parents?! That's your best shot, Froyd? Grin A malevolent imbecile.
No, my best shot was proving you are a moron a couple times over. Reality proves you are a racist that is unloved by the people around you. I feel sorry for you. And citing Sigmund Freud then misspelling his name? Sigh, how stereotypical you morose non-contributing zero.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:38:47 PM

trash

Another assumption by Smooth and Co. So he happened to be working on something else and just decided to create a blog (who's only post is dedicated to this FUD)

No, he discovered the issue and wanted to write it up somewhere. That's what you do when you are a cryptographer, you write up math stuff. It wasn't really enough substance for a real paper so he put it on a blog.

and reddit post

The reddit post didn't come from him, and as for the rest of the "PR blast", I'll just say you are naive if you think this sort of thing isn't going to be talked about. That's just the nature of crypto. There are plenty of people commenting about bugs in Monero when we've had them.
X1235

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:46:41 PM

I am genius, I know the name of another shit like me, well, bigger than me. Freud.

Freud, Froyd, Droid... I cannot care less for propaganda cretins like you and this one. Have a nice night!  Smiley
complexring

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:24:53 AM

trash

Another assumption by Smooth and Co. So he happened to be working on something else and just decided to create a blog (who's only post is dedicated to this FUD)

No, he discovered the issue and wanted to write it up somewhere. That's what you do when you are a cryptographer, you write up math stuff. It wasn't really enough substance for a real paper so he put it on a blog.

and reddit post

The reddit post didn't come from him, and as for the rest of the "PR blast", I'll just say you are naive if you think this sort of thing isn't going to be talked about. That's just the nature of crypto. There are plenty of people commenting about bugs in Monero when we've had them.

Agreed that the math doesn't justify a full paper.  Glad to see that some people are attempting serious mathematical and cryptographic discussions on potential implementations (granted, it could be an oversight in thinking what the code does versus what it actually does).  In the civilized world, cryptographic researchers don't call other people trolls for making honest mistakes about an implementation when the scenario is that they are trying to have an honest discussion about the potential overall problems of systems that may have a faulty implementation.
* complexring goes and gets his popcorn stand
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:21:56 AM

code: Almost all of you have been acting childish, borderlining at the edge of uncivilized. I don't even know where to begin if I were to dissect each action individually. I don't like the tone of these seemingly two communities clashing against each other. It's a poor minority of each community with a some personal vendetta's against each other trying to wage a war. To me, it shows that some people, on either side, don't care about the goal of either project and that is financial privacy.  A goal that drives all the developers and cryptographers behind the scenes of anonymous coins. The true open source mentality is ruined in the altcoin scene, open source used to be 'you made something based on our work? Cool  tell me all about it'. When some people put money in it and the capitalistic mindset makes either side demonize their "competitors". The truth is ShadowCash plays a niche market of the decentralized markets, which  Monero isn't. One of the many reason why I hate this forum so much. The illusion of competition when you're not even playing the same game. I doubt the exchange rate will drop because of it, most people are here for other features anyways. Except for some traders that get scared way too fast. The project's cryptocoin comes in second and even if the bug is real, it still provides decent anonymity at the same level of Bitcoin. (Not trying to make the possible bug looks like a cosmetic error, it could be critical to the protocol). Some people will lose their mind about the previous two sentences, guaranteed. To keep it short, the cryptographer of Monero did a good thing reporting the possible bug, ofcourse their community will take some childish stabs at ShadowCash, no need to escalate an argument into flame wars because some troll feeders got the best of you. Anonymity prevents censorship but also enables keyboard warriors, on either side of the communities.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:38:21 AM

trash

and reddit post

Agreed that the math doesn't justify a full paper.  Glad to see that some people are attempting serious mathematical and cryptographic discussions on potential implementations (granted, it could be an oversight in thinking what the code does versus what it actually does). In the civilized world, cryptographic researchers don't call other people trolls for making honest mistakes about an implementation when the scenario is that they are trying to have an honest discussion about the potential overall problems of systems that may have a faulty implementation.

I think that was meant towards OzCoin and not Shadowcash. OzCoin simply stole some work without crediting/referencing, hence. Also, one should read the discussion here:

https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25#issuecomment-183024476

Perhaps makes things more clear.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
complexring

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:27:57 AM

trash

and reddit post

Agreed that the math doesn't justify a full paper.  Glad to see that some people are attempting serious mathematical and cryptographic discussions on potential implementations (granted, it could be an oversight in thinking what the code does versus what it actually does). In the civilized world, cryptographic researchers don't call other people trolls for making honest mistakes about an implementation when the scenario is that they are trying to have an honest discussion about the potential overall problems of systems that may have a faulty implementation.

I think that was meant towards OzCoin and not Shadowcash. OzCoin simply stole some work without crediting/referencing, hence. Also, one should read the discussion here:

https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25#issuecomment-183024476

Perhaps makes things more clear.

Thanks!  That does make things more clear.  Looks like github comments is a much more civilized world than here.  Go figure. Cool
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:04:41 PM

I'll disagree with you. I don't see the point of adding zcash tech when shadow tech is doing the same thing, is further along, tested in the wild, etc. We have a public coin and a private coin, use ring sigs, stealth addys & NKZIP. From what I've read on zcash that's the same thing they're trying to make.

We don't need it imo.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 02:15:57 PM

I'll disagree with you. I don't see the point of adding zcash tech when shadow tech is doing the same thing, is further along, tested in the wild, etc. We have a public coin and a private coin, use ring sigs, stealth addys & NKZIP. From what I've read on zcash that's the same thing they're trying to make.

We don't need it imo.

I depends on the size of the anonymous transactions. It can be interesting to implement the tech that has the smallest one.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:16:59 PM

https://blog.shadowproject.io/2016/02/12/deanonymize-shadow-nope/

If anyone from the Monero camp wishes to help attempt to deanonymize an actual transaction, feel free.
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: