Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
moonchaser

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:53:29 AM

so glad skip is done or gone! shadow will explode buy some before its to late!
SDC is the real deal no hype no gimmicks just cutting edge tech and a bright future, get in now be willing to hold LT like a few years! and it will reward you big time, this is not a short term investment, the bloke who just dumped was impatient.
Neither of you guys are offering anything to the discussion here. Just comes off as shilly investment advice with the syntax and vocabulary of mindless unoriginal pumpers. In my opinion, this language is a major turn off. If I wasn't already invested (monetarily and mentally) in Shadow and came into this thread to discuss the coin, saw posts of this nature, I'd leave and never think twice about coming back. Not trying to offend either of you, just calling it like I see it.
he didn't ask about the tech he asked why the price was down he has obviously already researched the tech and that's what the op is for, you have the worst attitude if anything is a turnoff for investors it's your bad attitude not my positive one, people were right this community is toxic, im also going to be a silent investor from now on, your the turn off not me.
Dadon. Is not the community itself is just about few individuals that are poisoning it. It’s about their everyday life  attitude and their tendency to control other people reaction and actions. This guy and his bipolar friend and 2-3 others. You know exactly to whom I referring to.
They are not smart enough to understand or they don’t care that the community is the real power behind the success of any crypto coin and that more than half of the investors don’t give a flying fuck about technology but about the popularity of the coin and the positive attitude of the community….see doge and others.
And that’s the reason why this good coin is not so popular and the prices are so low. Look at the way they were treating Skip…their biggest investor.
In my opinion Is not a smart move to stay away from this community, because you let the “bad boys” take control.
Is just a humble advice, but next time when a member of this community is trying to place judgment upon a positive reaction or any kind of reaction of one of the community member, just tell them to fuck off.
At the end of the day, they are just some lonely sorry dudes behind a PC trying to control the world. 
I don’t see them as part of shadow community or any community but as low life miniature dictators.

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:37:03 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 09:47:36 AM by erok

trolllllllololololol
OKEY DOKEY where to start with this one.... It's late so forgive my brevity. You are wrong about Skip. Skip has been to SDC what AIDS is to humanity. He limited us on growth at our peaks pretty much every time he had the chance. We don't have Magic Johnson juice so if an investor wants to attack their own coin for a cheaper price, it is a douchebag move but effective. He is not the biggest holder and most importantly, HE NEVER DONATED. Or gave anything to the community other than screencaps of his "dumps" which were really just screen caps of him catching his own sells to create fear on the marketplace. He has been doing it for almost a year pretty much every 2 or 3 months. When you said bipolar I swear I thought you were talking about skip. Mindblown.gif.  Skip is a nobody trying to manipulate with an average amount of BTC to play with. If he used his BTC for good to help the community we would be in a much better place than we are with his consistent attacks to create waves.

You are the gross part of this community. Either you are a shill or a troll or maybe you just have such a large ego you just had to get those concerns off your chest as someone from outside this community looking in.... NOPE. Checking into your post history everything is clear. You are a troll. You only get online for negative comments and instigating. Shame, was really hoping for the ego. Dueces "bad boy". moron

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:41:58 AM

@moonchaser.

Go make your own thread please, this is not a business and it is not a discussion about price up and down. It is not about who you do/don't like and what you think of the community.

When will some of you understand the topic and when will you finally get that your topic shifts always turn ugly because everyone has a different opinion. And you are al trying to put all topics into one specific one that is not meant to carry them all!

MAKE YOU OWN TOPIC! This one is for announcements.

"Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) >"

And the subject is all technical

"Re: [SDC] ShadowCash | POSV2 | Untraceable E-Cash | NIZKP | HD+BIP32 | ShadowMarket*"

It does not say anything about exchange rate or community members, troubleshooting etc etc please respect or take your bad habbits and get lost.
moonchaser

Activity: 442

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 10:46:16 AM

trolllllllololololol
OKEY DOKEY where to start with this one.... It's late so forgive my brevity. You are wrong about Skip. Skip has been to SDC what AIDS is to humanity. He limited us on growth at our peaks pretty much every time he had the chance. We don't have Magic Johnson juice so if an investor wants to attack their own coin for a cheaper price, it is a douchebag move but effective. He is not the biggest holder and most importantly, HE NEVER DONATED. Or gave anything to the community other than screencaps of his "dumps" which were really just screen caps of him catching his own sells to create fear on the marketplace. He has been doing it for almost a year pretty much every 2 or 3 months. When you said bipolar I swear I thought you were talking about skip. Mindblown.gif.  Skip is a nobody trying to manipulate with an average amount of BTC to play with. If he used his BTC for good to help the community we would be in a much better place than we are with his consistent attacks to create waves.

You are the gross part of this community. Either you are a shill or a troll or maybe you just have such a large ego you just had to get those concerns off your chest as someone from outside this community looking in.... NOPE. Checking into your post history everything is clear. You are a troll. You only get online for negative comments and instigating. Shame, was really hoping for the ego. Dueces "bad boy". moron
Nice speech Erok. (Clapping hands) I bet you are the kind of guy that wakes up in the morning, take a look in the mirror and feel proud that the Gods admire your existence.
Still…there is too much negativity around here. At times, I feel free to express my opinion…here or anywhere else.
So I stand by my words and say to you: fuck off. Haha…and the “bipolar friend” answered my call - Long and Short… will you put a sock in it?

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

This quite entertaining Cool Cool

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:32:23 PM

so glad skip is done or gone! shadow will explode buy some before its to late!
SDC is the real deal no hype no gimmicks just cutting edge tech and a bright future, get in now be willing to hold LT like a few years! and it will reward you big time, this is not a short term investment, the bloke who just dumped was impatient.
Neither of you guys are offering anything to the discussion here. Just comes off as shilly investment advice with the syntax and vocabulary of mindless unoriginal pumpers. In my opinion, this language is a major turn off. If I wasn't already invested (monetarily and mentally) in Shadow and came into this thread to discuss the coin, saw posts of this nature, I'd leave and never think twice about coming back. Not trying to offend either of you, just calling it like I see it.
he didn't ask about the tech he asked why the price was down he has obviously already researched the tech and that's what the op is for, you have the worst attitude if anything is a turnoff for investors it's your bad attitude not my positive one, people were right this community is toxic, im also going to be a silent investor from now on, your the turn off not me.
Dadon. Is not the community itself is just about few individuals that are poisoning it. It’s about their everyday life  attitude and their tendency to control other people reaction and actions. This guy and his bipolar friend and 2-3 others. You know exactly to whom I referring to.
They are not smart enough to understand or they don’t care that the community is the real power behind the success of any crypto coin and that more than half of the investors don’t give a flying fuck about technology but about the popularity of the coin and the positive attitude of the community….see doge and others.
And that’s the reason why this good coin is not so popular and the prices are so low. Look at the way they were treating Skip…their biggest investor.
In my opinion Is not a smart move to stay away from this community, because you let the “bad boys” take control.
Is just a humble advice, but next time when a member of this community is trying to place judgment upon a positive reaction or any kind of reaction of one of the community member, just tell them to fuck off.
At the end of the day, they are just some lonely sorry dudes behind a PC trying to control the world. 
I don’t see them as part of shadow community or any community but as low life miniature dictators.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:00:30 PM

What is the protocol one should follow when updating their wallet so as not to have any problems with losing coins and such? Is it necessary to delete the previous version on your computer after backing the wallet up? Also, is it only when the HD wallet comes out that you won't have to have a wallet.dat file anymore? Thanks in advance for the help!

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:04:39 PM

What is the protocol one should follow when updating their wallet so as not to have any problems with losing coins and such? Is it necessary to delete the previous version on your computer after backing the wallet up? Also, is it only when the HD wallet comes out that you won't have to have a wallet.dat file anymore? Thanks in advance for the help!
It's not necessary to delete the previous versions. After backing up your wallet.dat, you simply need to run the latest Shadow executable file. And everytime you open your wallet just make sure you're using the latest executable.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:23:36 PM

As a failsafe: on a secure machine use dumpprivkey <address> in the console for each address with coins in it, carefully record the private key it return, store it on a thumb drive, encrypted and protected like it was the Hope Diamond. As an extra precaution you can write the file to a CD-ROM too because that's not volatile at all. You can do this with all your coins. Backing up the wallet.dat externally will also work but if you have the raw private key you know it's not corrupted and you can enter it in an existing wallet without deleting anything. External backups are a good habit, I know a guy who lost a ton of BTC due to a drive failure.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:36:23 PM

As a failsafe: on a secure machine use dumpprivkey <address> in the console for each address with coins in it, carefully record the private key it return, store it on a thumb drive, encrypted and protected like it was the Hope Diamond. As an extra precaution you can write the file to a CD-ROM too because that's not volatile at all. You can do this with all your coins. Backing up the wallet.dat externally will also work but if you have the raw private key you know it's not corrupted and you can enter it in an existing wallet without deleting anything. External backups are a good habit, I know a guy who lost a ton of BTC due to a drive failure.

Alright thanks to you both. Is there anyway to know that your computer is secure and hasn't been compromised by malware... or other issues before dumping the private key?

Additionally, where would I enter the private key once it has been dumped - if I had changed machines or something?

Thanks for being patient with me. I have lingered a while around Shadow but never posted... I have also been around crypto for a while and am still learning how to protect my interests and operate the wallet like an expert.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:03:04 PM

Alright thanks to you both. Is there anyway to know that your computer is secure and hasn't been compromised by malware... or other issues before dumping the private key?

Additionally, where would I enter the private key once it has been dumped - if I had changed machines or something?

Thanks for being patient with me. I have lingered a while around Shadow but never posted... I have also been around crypto for a while and am still learning how to protect my interests and operate the wallet like an expert.

Good question about malware. If your coin machine has it you're in trouble to begin with. If you have large holdings you really want a locked-down Linux machine that never goes to naughty places or plays games for all your wallets. This is especially important if you are holding a coin that needs to stake and thus needs to be online so you don't lose value. If your coin machine is your general machine the best you can do is do regular malware scans with whatever scanners you have.

You add the key to a different wallet with importprivkey <private key> . You may need to close and reopen the wallet but all your coins will be there.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:46:09 AM

Good question about malware. If your coin machine has it you're in trouble to begin with. If you have large holdings you really want a locked-down Linux machine that never goes to naughty places or plays games for all your wallets. This is especially important if you are holding a coin that needs to stake and thus needs to be online so you don't lose value. If your coin machine is your general machine the best you can do is do regular malware scans with whatever scanners you have.

You add the key to a different wallet with importprivkey <private key> . You may need to close and reopen the wallet but all your coins will be there.

This is a giant help! Thanks! I'll definitely be popping in around here more often, as I am keen on staying involved with the community.  Cheesy

pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:49:17 AM

This is a giant help! Thanks! I'll definitely be popping in around here more often, as I am keen on staying involved with the community.  Cheesy

Youll find that there are alot of knowledgable people around this community! Make sure you register for the slack and pop in to say whats up, as the community is always growing and loves seeing new people in the shadows Wink
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:05:59 PM

Guys... we are doing it again. We are ignoring the trollfest that is bitcointalk and we are isolating ourselves to slack.

I fix.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:20:29 PM

Anyone have speculation as to what will happen with the bitcoin fork?

Also, I read there may be an update this week, is that true?

Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:24:36 PM

I don't think that you're in the right thread about speculation about the bitcoin fork.

On the other hand,
An update is coming closer, maybe not this week but it won't take too long anymore.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:27:17 PM

I don't think that you're in the right thread about speculation about the bitcoin fork.

On the other hand,
An update is coming closer, maybe not this week but it won't take too long anymore.

Shweeeet, thanks. Are there any websites that accept SDC as a form of payment? Like precious metals companies or something?

Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:31:19 PM

On the other hand,

Shweeeet, thanks. Are there any websites that accept SDC as a form of payment? Like precious metals companies or something?

Currently I know of no companies that accept SDC as a payment method.

You can however use services like www.ShapeShift.io to swiftly do payments to stores that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies Smiley

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
lawgicc

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 06:42:17 PM

could this blockchain data size problem potentially happen to SDC if everyone were to adopt this currency, say right now?

edit: or is this a pow problem?

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:10:25 PM

On the other hand,

Currently I know of no companies that accept SDC as a payment method.

You can however use services like www.ShapeShift.io to swiftly do payments to stores that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies Smiley

Cool! I have heard of shapeshift. I probably wouldn't trade my shadowcash for silver bullion anyways  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: