Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:30:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:09:13 PM

...but it's still now controlled by the same  pricks who created that fiat system...

Hahhha! That might be true  Grin
If they can trace every transaction like this SABR company claims they can.
And they have rules and regulations governing it and the power and money to buy up and also confiscate to ultimately hold a large portion of the supply, if they don't control it right now it won't be long.
Lets be honest with ourselves here because  i also like BTC I'm not running it down, but If BTC can really be traced as easily and effectively like SABR claims it's about to lose a massive percentage of it's user base, because that was thing that made it so special in the first place the fact it was near untraceable, It thrived on the Darknet for that reason, what will happen to it now? in actual fact if the blockchain is as transparent as they claim fiat is safer because i can hand someone a fiat note with no trace but i can't do that with BTC anymore apparently.
But maybe it will get even bigger and more popular  ? but why ? we already have a fiat system that is basically digital, you have to ask yourself what now makes BTC so different ? nothing really, so what gives it value ?
But BTC is only one part of crypto and all this does is make me feel more confident about the future of SDC because SDC is very different to fiat and BTC, in a good way, and regardless no matter what happens to BTC or SDC, crypto is here to stay.

BTC has many advantages over fiat. A big one for me is I don't need to consult a bank before I can make a big transaction. I don't need anyone's permission, or have to fill our some federal form. It's easy to send BTC anywhere in the world, and if your wallet is properly encrypted and backed up, no one can ever steal it. There will always be a need for coins like BTC, Litecoin, Megacoin, and so on. Each will be valued according to it's usefulness. Almost any Crypto will be better than fiat in the near future. But it's like asking yourself if you would rather have a Chevy or a Ferrari. Or you could say SDC is like a class A stock vs. something less desirable. The more features, the more security, the more elite, the more rare, the more desirable. I think there will be changes in the Crypto food chain. Services like Shapeshift are leading that change. SDC is like cream rising to the top. It will take time, but people notice quality and superiority.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:32:52 PM

I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.
like how you changed your signature to making an exception for SDC hahaha i saw that the other day and was going to comment on it saying you should change that now your in SDC.

I think if BTC fails, it will be because the big. lethargic and intractable community can't decide on how to move forward.
I Agree they are very stubborn they talk about the tech but are reluctant to embrace anything new and innovating and that doesn't make any sense to me, they are just stuck in there ways and emotionally attached to their investments it will probably be it's biggest downfall eventually like you said.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:56:41 AM

I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.
like how you changed your signature to making an exception for SDC hahaha i saw that the other day and was going to comment on it saying you should change that now your in SDC.

I think if BTC fails, it will be because the big. lethargic and intractable community can't decide on how to move forward.
I Agree they are very stubborn they talk about the tech but are reluctant to embrace anything new and innovating and that doesn't make any sense to me, they are just stuck in there ways and emotionally attached to their investments it will probably be it's biggest downfall eventually like you said.

I believe if BTC fails it's going to be due to mining problems. As a miner I can tell you, it is barely worth it even under ideal circumstances now, the tech is not going to catch up to the next halving just due to the  reality of Maxwell's equations and the fees are not going to take up the slack. Unless the price rises above $1K (and why would it?) there's not going to be any reason to hash beyond an opportunity to screw the blockchain, which is an act that would make the coin worthless. This makes it totally unknown economic territory, and a failure of BTC is going to take down many altcoins with it.

That's why it would be really nice if Shadow was its own "thing" at that point, that people who don't even own any BTC are accustomed to using.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:51:53 AM

I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.

I believe if BTC fails it's going to be due to mining problems. As a miner I can tell you, it is barely worth it even under ideal circumstances now, the tech is not going to catch up to the next halving just due to the  reality of Maxwell's equations and the fees are not going to take up the slack. Unless the price rises above $1K (and why would it?) there's not going to be any reason to hash beyond an opportunity to screw the blockchain, which is an act that would make the coin worthless. This makes it totally unknown economic territory, and a failure of BTC is going to take down many altcoins with it.

That's why it would be really nice if Shadow was its own "thing" at that point, that people who don't even own any BTC are accustomed to using.
I agree. POW boils down to a couple companies quietly in an arms race for the fastest hashing chip. You end up with like 3 companies with like 90% of all the hash and 1 company with dangerously close to 50%. I see the future and no one uses the term cyberpunk or has a hoverboard but POS is on everyone's tongues. The opportunity to transfer perceived wealth from btc to altsimproved blockchains is fast approaching. I personally do not hope for BTC to be the gold standard for the above reason.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:13:17 AM

Guys, remember to vote!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151078.0

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:15:07 PM

i thought we were cool skip but you tried dumping on me? LOOOOL not stupid

I didnt try to dump on u, come on why to do it. I tried to increase the price around 100k. But some other guys couldnt put btc like they promised

I pissed off and sold like 250k sdc

Waiting for a reasonable buy wall to dump the rest of my sdc

Ps: i tried to help u all the time, why to dump on u. I dont even know if u still hold sdc
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:25:34 PM

Looks like central server based dark markets are turning into honey pots.

http://www.coindesk.com/interpol-held-a-dark-market-war-game-using-its-own-cryptocurrency/
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:50:20 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/interpol-held-a-dark-market-war-game-using-its-own-cryptocurrency/

I wonder was the internally developed cryptocurrency ByteCoin by any chance?
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:47:21 PM

I wonder was the internally developed cryptocurrency ByteCoin by any chance?
All cryptonote coins bytecoin monero etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#NSA_involvement http://web.archive.org/web/20141106091836/http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/10/05/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-for/
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:05:48 PM

That Cryptonote Wiki page makes me think we should create one for Shadow as well. All the resources are pretty much ready, on our website (or wiki), so it shouldn't be such a problem.
What do you think? Wiki page always helps .)

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 03:09:48 PM

That Cryptonote Wiki page makes me think we should create one for Shadow as well. All the resources are pretty much ready, on our website (or wiki), so it shouldn't be such a problem.
What do you think? Wiki page always helps .)
Yeah i think i heard back a few weeks ago someone was working on one, since it links all our competition to the NSA on that page including DASH it's a good idea hahaha show em not only does SDC have better tech but also clean with no back doors and i can guarantee they have them.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

code: Wiki: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Shadow_%28software%29>

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:21:58 PM

I don't see BTC failing. In fact BTC is growing faster and faster when you consider adoption and services being built around it.

One thing I know is SDC is getting noticed. It is already my biggest crypto investment. If the Shadow Market is properly implemented I could see SDC moving into the top 3 market cap pretty fast.

I'm not going to change my avatar yet, but I'm definitely a believer.
systh

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:38:38 PM

Awesome! Let's do this.

There are some missing segments that are already written at Shadow Wiki, that can be used surely.
I'd love to write about the rest, but I'm not that good with words (not a native speaker) and definitely not a pro in crypto either :/

Also, there's a lot of stuff in official infographics, that could be copier over (once the copy has been written once, why don't use it again..). While we're at it, I won't be afraid to use some/a lot of those amazing graphics by crz -- they are really attractive (moreover in contrast to what is seen in crypto scene).

systh

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:40:27 PM

Also, when we're at it and with all the trouble people are having, I suggest to remove Cryptsy from all listed exchanges etc. I've personally never traded there (well just once when I discovered alts), not impressed. And if many are complaining about their Cryptsy wallets not working etc., wouldn't it be easier?

Bittrex/Poloniex are way better after all.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:46:30 PM

The attack vector that concerns me more is not one of traceability but some type of DOS attack on the network, by a competing coin, some disgruntled party or blackmailer, or a government who fears Shadow and knows of no other way to beat it. It seems to me there is going to have to be at least one more mandatory upgrade that addresses this: one that detects and bans phony or misbehaving wallets, and a solution for abuse of Shadowsend. It might also help to include some straight PGP messaging in the wallet for communications where you don't have to obscure the identity of the sender and receiver, take a bit of the load off the globally distributed system. Then a tiny fee could be added to use Shadowsend. The Tragedy of the Commons proves that anything that is "free" to use will eventually be abused.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:01:19 PM

code: Documentation has really been one of Shadows weak points, and I hope to change that.
Systh, the fact is that you don't have to be a pro at anything, write some stuff up and people will correct it if it's wrong. When something is posted that is incorrect, people actually get more pleasure of fixing mistakes than writing up the text in the first place.

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:15:39 PM

Also, when we're at it and with all the trouble people are having, I suggest to remove Cryptsy from all listed exchanges etc. I've personally never traded there (well just once when I discovered alts), not impressed. And if many are complaining about their Cryptsy wallets not working etc., wouldn't it be easier?

I have been buying SDC on Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Shapeshift. I do this to avoid running the price up on a given exchange. My coins on Cryptsy have now been locked for over a month due to "Wallet Maintenance". Multiple requests for an explanation have been denied. Although I have traded on Cryptsy since early 2013, I am done using them for anything. There is simply no excuse for the poor service I have experienced lately. I'm quite happy with Poloniex. Speed, and service is excellent, but prices are inconsistent. Shapeshift is the fastest, and I have been able to get excellent prices without playing games with other traders.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:31:13 AM

I have been buying SDC on Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Shapeshift. I do this to avoid running the price up on a given exchange. My coins on Cryptsy have now been locked for over a month due to "Wallet Maintenance". Multiple requests for an explanation have been denied. Although I have traded on Cryptsy since early 2013, I am done using them for anything. There is simply no excuse for the poor service I have experienced lately. I'm quite happy with Poloniex. Speed, and service is excellent, but prices are inconsistent. Shapeshift is the fastest, and I have been able to get excellent prices without playing games with other traders.

Cryptsy just shittiest exchange, I'm going out from that shitty exchange.. Wallet maintenance is not logic while it's have been over a month.
LuxMoneroj

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:07:55 PM

An update on the status of the market would be nice.
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: