Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:58:29 AM

So, their whole blockchain is now useless from a privacy perspective right?

The SDC portion was always equivalent to BTC from a privacy perspective (except for being less used which likely makes it worse in practice).

The Shadow portion has functioning (afaik) stealth addresses but the ring sigs did not function. That makes it equivalent to BTC where addresses are never reused. No 'mixing' function.

You are too much of a gentleman.

It is much much much worse than bitcoin because people have used the "anonymous" feature of this coin with the expectation of anonymity. This jeopardizes their freedom, safety, and maybe even life.

It's inexcusable.

No it doesn't. SDT is still functional and SDC ring sig math was fundamentally flawed. I suspect that came from the size changes that were made to increase performance in 2014 which Smooth referenced in December as change he hadn't noticed in the code which I thought at the time was a significant improvement to ring. Just turns out maybe it wasn't or is just buggy. I don't know.

You are in denial. They produced a list of every ring signature of SDC deanonymized.

FINE i erased the "no it doesnt" Tongue

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:01:22 AM

What exactly does this exploit reveal in a single ring signature transaction?

A ring signature has multiple possible signers. The idea is that it is suppose to not be possible to tell which previous transaction's output is being spent.

I edited my original post to include "My limited understanding is that reveals which signature belongs to the original initiator of a ring signature. Can any other information be deduced from that signature?"

RyanOlstren

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:05:04 AM

I edited my original post to include "My limited understanding is that reveals which signature belongs to the original initiator of a ring signature. Can any other information be deduced from that signature?

You have the SDC logo in your avatar but you have no idea what is being offered with this coin or how it works? A knowledgeable investor wouldn't ask this question.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that even though you support this coin you are not just another SDC slimebag.

Here's what you need to do:

(1) Face your denail.
(2) Dump your SDC while the price is still inflated.
(3) If you like it so much, buy back cheaper.
(4) Consider the profit your reward for monitoring this thread and staying loyal to your coin.

If you want to tip me after you realize your profits, I'll take XMR.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:08:11 AM

Looks like the whole chain has been deanonymized.  ugh.  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ShenNoether/Deanon/master/sdcDeAnon.txt
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:10:00 AM

I edited my original post to include "My limited understanding is that reveals which signature belongs to the original initiator of a ring signature. Can any other information be deduced from that signature?

You have the SDC logo in your avatar but you have no idea what is being offered with this coin or how it works? A knowledgeable investor wouldn't ask this question.

I'm a student fascinated by cryptocurrencies. I'm also a father and I work full-time, so I have very little time to do my own research. I have a basic, non-technical understanding of how ring signatures work (non-technical meaning I don't know the math involved).

Nobody in altcoins is an investor. We're all just speculators.
erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:11:12 AM

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that even though you support this coin you are not just another SDC slimebag.

Here's what you need to do:

(1) Face your denail.
(2) Dump your SDC while the price is still inflated.
(3) If you like it so much, buy back cheaper.
(4) Consider the profit your reward for monitoring this thread and staying loyal to your coin.

If you want to tip me after you realize your profits, I'll take XMR.

OH I am the biggest SDC supporter historically because the wallet is legit and a decentralized marketplace IS NEEDED and Monero aint doing it and all of the mainstream solutions are either centralized or require a coinbase wallet or some bullcrap to tie to. And I can't tip you because you are still on your anon troll account.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:16:07 AM

OH I am the biggest SDC supporter historically because the wallet is legit and a decentralized marketplace IS NEEDED and Monero aint doing it and all of the mainstream solutions are either centralized or require a coinbase wallet or some bullcrap to tie to. And I can't tip you because you are still on your anon troll account.

Well, I tried to help.

No, it has been proven mathematically and empirically that the wallet is not "legit".
erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:19:57 AM

Well, I tried to help.

No, it has been proven mathematically and empirically that the wallet is not "legit".

CRZ's designs are beautiful and it's html5 which I love. You are confusing the different components now.

RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:23:58 AM

Well, I tried to help.

CRZ's designs are beautiful and it's html5 which I love. You are confusing the different components now.

I hope you are kidding. It's a cryptocurrency. Beyond that functionality, nothing else matters.
erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:37:56 AM

Well, I tried to help.

I hope you are kidding. It's a cryptocurrency. Beyond that functionality, nothing else matters.

No it's seriously the best looking wallet on the market. But that isn't why I like it. I like it because someone in this crypto space needs to focus on an anon decentralized app platform to build a marketplace with and that has been SDC's focus.

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:06:32 AM

someone in this crypto space needs to focus on an anon decentralized app platform to build a marketplace with and that has been SDC's focus.

Well it sounds like the last 18 months working on your "anon decentralized app platform" was jumping the gun.

Fix the "anon" part first and then come back in another 18 months with a marketplace app and see how it does against open bazaar which will have already established itself.

Good luck!

p.s. Getting quality peer review will be more difficult for you now based on the way you treated a valid bounty claim this time.

p.p.s. Is technovert and rynomster the same person?

erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:20:30 AM

someone in this crypto space needs to focus on an anon decentralized app platform to build a marketplace with and that has been SDC's focus.

Well it sounds like the last 18 months working on your "anon decentralized app platform" was jumping the gun.

Fix the "anon" part first and then come back in another 18 months with a marketplace app and see how it does against open bazaar which will have already established itself.

Good luck!

p.s. Getting quality peer review will be more difficult for you now based on the way you treated a valid bounty claim this time.

No shit. And I don't know.

RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:35:41 AM

Good luck!

Wow, you managed to nail just about every credibility problem this coin has.

(1) The devs are deeply flawed with hubris and incompetent as well, which is a bad combination.
(2) The team/community/devs reject valid criticism and any bounties that reward it.
(3) The devs do specious work and are themselves not honest enough to own up to it.
(4) After 18 months, all this coin has is a pretty wallet.

erok, you are lucky it is the weekend. You need to dump your coins before what has happened becomes widely known.
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:48:09 AM

(1) The devs are deeply flawed with hubris and incompetent as well, which is a bad combination.

All I was able to comprehend was the very informative comment asdf on line 67: http://pastebin.com/bhiGFgdt

Probably you'll enlighten us.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:30:33 AM

A message for Child_Harold,
If you have anything to say about my actions or words, please direct them to me. I don't trust you, or any of your puppet accounts, they are easily spottable by the way. The fact is your approach may be effective from time to time, but it's unethical. If you ever feel about debating your ethics, feel free to quote me.

For far too long this thread has spun on vindictive personal attacks and resentment. People seem to have a limited vocabulary relying heavily on words like "childish" and "FUD".

I will commend you on your can-do spirit as demonstrated when you engaged ShenNoether.
However by your own admission you are "not a cryptographer, nor an expert in mathematics" and therefor are not the Team member the people reading this thread expect to reply to ShenNoether. I would have thought Tecnovert was but, I'll level with you, Im not sure tecnovert is real.

Consequently I hope it was not you who wrote the headline: ShadowCash Deanonymized? Nope. I am curious who did though.

I am surprised ShenNoether produced a proof-of-concept so quickly… perhaps some comments in this thread offended him? LOL

Now:

Do not speak to me of ethics. Yes, I have one other account I use when I'm afk. Sure, I have been known to get drunk and rant but I have also apologized on several occasions for doing so. I have upped my game, thanks for noticing - but that's enough about me.

-It is you The Team who have wholesale copied technologies like Bitmessage and Cryptonote and produced plagiaristic whitepapers whithout proper attribution.
-It is you The Team who failed to deliver on the peer review paid for by this community over a year ago.
-It is you The Team who reduced the total supply without consensus and continued thereafter to make decisions without community consensus.

So please, do not speak of ethics.

RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:44:32 AM

-It is you The Team who have wholesale copied technologies like Bitmessage and Cryptonote and produced plagiaristic whitepapers whithout proper attribution.

The plagiarism of which you speak was patent evidence that the devs here knew absolutely nothing of what they were doing. It should have been a red flag to anyone who ever used this coin for "anonymity".
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:20:20 AM

edu-online: Child_harold, you forgot to mention that it has also been the same team who have been working around the clock for the past 18 months to keep our dedicated users satisfied. Yes. We combine new and existing tech that sometimes needs to be improved. In this case, we will come up with a working solution (like we always do) if needed. As sated on Slack earlier this week, our lead developers are looking into the reported bug. We also think that it is only fair to reward Shen for pointing us in the right direction. It is what the bounty program was set up for in the first place. By constantly focussing on Shadows open source code, we can try to spot and fix it's weaknesses. All of this is done to work towards our main goal: saveguarding the privacy of our users. Anything that might compromise this is taken very seriously by all of our team members. That said, our team will be focusing on the issue at hand first and keep you all informed. In the mean time, please try to find some peace in the fact that we are all trying to achieve the same goal here. Privacy.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:42:13 AM

edu-online: Child_harold, you forgot to mention that it has also been the same team who have been working around the clock for the past 18 months to keep our dedicated users satisfied. Yes. We combine new and existing tech that sometimes needs to be improved. In this case, we will come up with a working solution (like we always do) if needed. As sated on Slack earlier this week, our lead developers are looking into the reported bug. We also think that it is only fair to reward Shen for pointing us in the right direction. It is what the bounty program was set up for in the first place. By constantly focussing on Shadows open source code, we can try to spot and fix it's weaknesses. All of this is done to work towards our main goal: saveguarding the privacy of our users. Anything that might compromise this is taken very seriously by all of our team members. That said, our team will be focusing on the issue at hand first and keep you all informed. In the mean time, please try to find some peace in the fact that we are all trying to achieve the same goal here. Privacy.

How this coin can have any credibility left is beyond me.

The incompetent devs here have played cryptographer and have jeopardized the safety of anyone who have ever used this coin for "anonymity".

This is like a plumber showing up to the emergency room and playing doctor because he saw a couple of episodes of Scrubs.

This coin can never be expected to protect users. It is well documented that the devs just don't have it in them. An unfinished CS degree is not qualification to play with the safety and freedom of others. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO DO THAT WHICH YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:04:33 AM

Pay him in XMR? :-)
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:13:18 AM

Even if the SDC devs manage to fix the ring sigs, the old "shadow transactions" will be deanonymized forever.

How this coin can have any credibility left is beyond me.
+1
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: