Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312248 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:36:08 PM

If Monero implemented masternodes I would immediately sell all (3) of my coins.

I would rather be invested in Etherium.

Well...  Almost.

Is that the reason why XMR price dropped in recent days? In my knowledge, almost of MN coins often drastically drop in the long-run.

There is of course the long running DASH/XMR market om Poloniex that can speak on this subject.  https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dash

Edit: I would not be surprised if see a crash of DASH on the above market in the future, because of bulletproofs.

Do you really think there is a chance that bullet proofs aren't already priced in?

I think it's certain that bulletproofs aren't priced in (much). We've only just begun the research phase to see if they're even safe/viable.

A parallel might be, what happens to a drug company's stock when they begin phase I clinical trials of a new drug?

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that and is saying is the "Buy on the news" already priced in which normally could the be case (would have been in the past) except the word is not out to such a larger audience now and that most new (reddit) speculators don't even understand why fungability is a good thing now days let alone what BP is going to bring to the table. Basically price wise it will just remove a Fud method. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:54:36 PM

way too long to quote!

If it goes to $50 your putting me in the Pool this year!
And if you make it PPR again I'm coming through the webs to throttle you. Smiley

Hahah, no PPR funny business... I swear Wink Guess we’ll see about that free entry Grin
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:16:43 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 01:36:33 AM by Anon136

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that and is saying is the "Buy on the news" already priced in which normally could the be case (would have been in the past) except the word is not out to such a larger audience now and that most new (reddit) speculators don't even understand why fungability is a good thing now days let alone what BP is going to bring to the table.

^ Me when I finally made it to the end of that sentence. ^

But I had a bit of a think about it more and I got to thinking that there is just too much information in this space for people to sort through and absorb. So much fud and so much garbage, so much noise to signal. I mean who here knows what the hell is going on in other projects besides their babies? It seems pretty likely that it is not at all priced in.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Kanati

Activity: 93
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:34:26 AM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that and is saying is the "Buy on the news" already priced in which normally could the be case (would have been in the past) except the word is not out to such a larger audience now and that most new (reddit) speculators don't even understand why fungability is a good thing now days let alone what BP is going to bring to the table.

But I had a bit of a think about it more and I got to thinking that there is just too much information in this space for people to sort through and absorb. So much fud and so much garbage, so much noise to signal. I mean who here knows what the hell is going on in other projects besides their babies? It seems pretty likely that it is not at all priced in.

I think another side effect of that is people in general are starting to cool off toward thowing money at crypto. It makes a certain amount of sense to wait until the feature becomes real, and see if it actually works, before investing.
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:14:13 AM

Well...  Almost.

Is that the reason why XMR price dropped in recent days? In my knowledge, almost of MN coins often drastically drop in the long-run.

There is of course the long running DASH/XMR market om Poloniex that can speak on this subject.  https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dash

Edit: I would not be surprised if see a crash of DASH on the above market in the future, because of bulletproofs.

Do you really think there is a chance that bullet proofs aren't already priced in?

There is no way they are priced in. They are in embryonic stage.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:34:36 PM

Well...  Almost.

I think it's certain that bulletproofs aren't priced in (much). We've only just begun the research phase to see if they're even safe/viable.

A parallel might be, what happens to a drug company's stock when they begin phase I clinical trials of a new drug?

What were the biggest rises in price (vs BTC) is for XMR?  I think they mostly were news connected on its usage in the darknet.  And rightly so...  It's the best anon cryptocurrency out there today and it's getting better.

The tech is great but usage is what gets it's price going up.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:48:45 PM

I still think people are not interested in anonymous blockchains as we expected. That's why Monero is hanging out in these regions. When people beware of the importance of it, Monero will be much more valuable most probably.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:13:11 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 05:54:51 PM by Hueristic

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that and what he is saying is, is the "Buy on the news" already priced in? Which normally could the be case (would have been [the case]in the past) except the word is not out to such a larger audience (now) and that most new (reddit) speculators don't even understand why fungability is a good thing now days let alone what BP is going to bring to the table.
[image removed]

Yeah, my sentence structure is directly correlated to my pain level these days. Smiley

I went in the quoted to ftfy and my head started to hurt! It needs more "ises"! That sentence is a perfect example of why I no longer function in a professional setting, I know what I was trying to say but it was painful to express it. Living in Pain is a humbling experience. And you will note many places where I state i can no longer code (that would be why).

Give me an hour out in the yard working on the bike and my next post will look like that. Tongue

Actually by the end of this post trying to fix the last abortion of a post I'm starting to curtail back! Need m0ar meds! Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:41:36 PM

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that and what he is saying is, is the "Buy on the news" already priced in? Which normally could the be case (would have been [the case]in the past) except the word is not out to such a larger audience (now) and that most new (reddit) speculators don't even understand why fungability is a good thing now days let alone what BP is going to bring to the table.

Yeah, my sentence structure is directly correlated to my pain level these days. Smiley

I went in the quoted to ftfy and my head started to hurt! It needs more "ises"! That sentence is a perfect example of why I no longer function in a professional setting, I know what I was trying to say but it was painful to express it. Living in Pain is a humbling experience. And you will note many places where I state i can no longer code (that would be why).

Give me an hour out in the yard working on the bike and my next post will look like that. Tongue

Actually by the end of this post trying to fix the last abortion of a post I'm starting to curtail back! Need m0ar meds! Cheesy

Sorry if I touched a nerve. I wasn't trying to make fun. I just thought it was a funny image to imagine that it was reading it out loud instead of in my head. I know for a fact that my grammar is not always on point. I probably made some sort of mistake in this message.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Sorry if I touched a nerve. I wasn't trying to make fun. I just thought it was a funny image to imagine that it was reading it out loud instead of in my head. I know for a fact that my grammar is not always on point. I probably made some sort of mistake in this message.

Haha, No just figured I'd explain why you will see those type posts from me at times. I don't take offense at all and found it amusing as well. Cheesy

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2754

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:27:39 PM

At this price, I'm wondering if anything is priced in. Further up the coinmarketcap list we see EOS. They have no working product yet, and a market cap 4X that of Monero, all based on a hope and a prayer.

It seems like there's still froth in the market, but in all the wrong places.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

At this price, I'm wondering if anything is priced in. Further up the coinmarketcap list we see EOS. They have no working product yet, and a market cap 4X that of Monero, all based on a hope and a prayer.

That does chap my ass as well.

I do suppose Ledger support is priced in... BUT I can report I have an operational wallet with a wee little XMR in it working ON MAINNET all protected by my Nano S!!!

It's working!

Big day! Wink
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:44:25 PM

These other projects have bigger bullshit. That has never been Monero.

I mean Darkcoin lies spouting for example. Its not our way. We want people to naturally arrive at monero, maybe its a little naive?

Anyway so be it, we are here and we are honourable.

If the shit eventually goes down we might be glad of this virtue.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:50:11 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

I mean Darkcoin lies spouting for example. Its not our way. We want people to naturally arrive at monero, maybe its a little naive?

To be honest the next big BTC land grab is underway IMO.  May our "virtue" protect us via hashpower.

Chain attacks.

Chains with low enough hashpower (or centralized enough hashpower) which can be 51% attacked will be shorted and attacked.  BIG money to be made here...  and it is already happening.  Even with all the extra RingCTs verge has it fell! Wink

In the end this may be one of the crypto universe's most difficult times.  We could see some big names get hit...  and Joe "CNBC" Schmoe is not going to know what is safe once he realizes it's happening.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:38:46 AM

To be honest the next big BTC land grab is underway IMO.  May our "virtue" protect us via hashpower.

Chain attacks.

Chains with low enough hashpower (or centralized enough hashpower) which can be 51% attacked will be shorted and attacked.  BIG money to be made here...  and it is already happening.  Even with all the extra RingCTs verge has it fell! Wink

In the end this may be one of the crypto universe's most difficult times.  We could see some big names get hit...  and Joe "CNBC" Schmoe is not going to know what is safe once he realizes it's happening.

I checked bitcoin gold after the doublespend. No noticeable effect on the price what so ever... What is this world that I live in?

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:45:56 AM

I checked bitcoin gold after the doublespend. No noticeable effect on the price what so ever... What is this world that I live in?

It has not sunk in yet.  Wait 'till it's ETC, or BCH.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:52:00 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 02:06:05 AM by Febo

It seems FBI found use case for non transparent blockchains like Monero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AHHo9OXiwE&feature=youtu.be&t=40m35s

Blockchain is the best way to secure the information. I think you will see all banks to come to the blockchain. Keeping records through blockchain, because it will become the best way to do so. You cant break the blockchain, you cant change anything on the blockchain. So that bring us to last thing. You cant change anything on blockchain. To some little things that have to be worked out, like example we have many witness programs. So if we know who the person is and we cant change who the person is, then that become the jeopardy to that witness. So the privacy issue comes into play about. Those are the things that has to be tweaked out.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 209

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:57:53 PM

My guess for september 2018 is 0,048  Grin Cheesy Wink

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:46:32 PM

Blockchain is the best way to secure the information. I think you will see all banks to come to the blockchain. Keeping records through blockchain, because it will become the best way to do so. You cant break the blockchain, you cant change anything on the blockchain. So that bring us to last thing. You cant change anything on blockchain. To some little things that have to be worked out, like example we have many witness programs. So if we know who the person is and we cant change who the person is, then that become the jeopardy to that witness. So the privacy issue comes into play about. Those are the things that has to be tweaked out.

This guy likes "blockchain" mentions it in six times in six sentences in a row, but fails to mention "Bitcoin" LOL

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:28:59 PM

This guy likes "blockchain" mentions it in six times in six sentences in a row, but fails to mention "Bitcoin" LOL

Wait--you mean Bitcoin is the only blockchain and he couldn't be referring to the technology that Bitcoin uses?

Pages: « 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: