Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:11:09 AM

The sell orders seems to be lower compared to the past few months which I guess is a good sign. That could mean that people are not willing to sell their XMR for cheap.

We seem to be heading upwards, at least for the next month ;O.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:39:42 AM

Traditionally this time of the year has been good for Monero. No matter how much bitcoin express has been trolling, the price wants to go up during the Q1.
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 12:31:49 PM

Any news on when the Q1 GUI project is going to be completed. Eagerly waiting for it.... Hoping it by January or early..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 12:38:34 PM

Any news on when the Q1 GUI project is going to be completed. Eagerly waiting for it.... Hoping it by January or early..

on XMRmas
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 01:06:42 PM

Ho Ho Hoddle 

Mbokani

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:59:07 PM

Monero does have some competition now with all the new coins and with the price of bitcoin increasing the price is expected to go down further unless and until new dark markets starts accepting Monero.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:18:54 PM

Id say it is a more mature coin, also a strength for BTC.

Creeping up now with the imminent wallet and so on.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:01:25 PM

I was very wrong at all kind of Crypto speculations. But I give tiny chances that GUI will be out after 5th January.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:51:50 PM

I was very wrong at all kind of Crypto speculations. But I give tiny chances that GUI will be out after 5th January.

the gui is likely already priced in
xmr is a nice project ,my only worry is so many other coins are coming to the party
with privacy features ......
hopefully the XMr network effect will be too strong.......
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:58:07 PM

xmr is a nice project ,my only worry is so many other coins are coming to the party

Really, any already announced features have already been priced in by the market...
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:32:21 PM

The market seems to think a step closer to the GUI is positive....

The GUI will bolster XMR up significantly.  That is see that is stronger which WILL support the price.   Up is more likely, down is less likely.

The lack of it has held XMR up.

Priced in? To a certain extent, yes - but the lack of a GUI has had a negative effect, too.

我想要火箭和火车
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:44:11 PM

Really, any already announced features have already been priced in by the market...

In my opinion it is not even possible to price in GUI. You see, there are people who are refusing to buy Moneros before they can store them in a safe and sound manner. Therefore, once the wallet is out, they can buy into Monero.
That being said, this can create a speculative bubble and drive the price of Monero literally nuts like we have never seen before.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:49:28 PM

In my opinion it is not even possible to price in GUI. You see, there are people who are refusing to buy Moneros before they can store them in a safe and sound manner. Therefore, once the wallet is out, they can buy into Monero.
That being said, this can create a speculative bubble and drive the price of Monero literally nuts like we have never seen before.

i moved mine to paper wallet for as few years  ,hot wallets are not partculary safe anyways (for large amounts )
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 07:05:24 PM

The GUI will be no more secure than running the wallet from command line. Strong passphrase is essential but Monero could really use adoption by Trezor or Ledger. Ledger is more likely as they have more manpower than Trezor and btchip has already mentioned he is interested. Monero app is not on Ledger's public roadmap yet though. GUI is nice yes but using command line is not really a bother. Paper wallets have a point of failure when you have to import private keys to spend.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:08:36 PM

Yes, even if GUI is priced in, it can still make a bubble and latter on return to previous levels.

In general I am sure Monero will be at higher price on 5th January as it is right now.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 07:22:19 PM

The market seems to think a step closer to the GUI is positive....

The GUI will bolster XMR up significantly.  That is see that is stronger which WILL support the price.   Up is more likely, down is less likely.

The lack of it has held XMR up.

Priced in? To a certain extent, yes - but the lack of a GUI has had a negative effect, too.

Only the hype about the GUI may be priced in.

What cannot be priced in is actual demand increase/supply decrease due to more people hodling more Monero safe and snug in their own Fluffyboxen.

Some of those people may be DNM users and some may be investors.  The point is all the various CLI averse folk (aka drooling masses) will have an easy point and click method to take coins off the exchange(s) and conveniently use them for whatever they want.  That creates the feedback conditions needed for a price spiral, as increased network effects intensify XMR's status as a Giffen good.

There is also the class of potential XMR investors who have eschewed (or limited their) exposure until the core devs prove they can ship their GUI.

Apparently "fat protocol" investments are quite au courant, so that class may be much larger than we imagine.

http://qz.com/861721/bitcoin-prices-are-at-a-2016-high-despite-silicon-valley-having-soured-on-the-currency/

Fat protocols

Bitcoin is an instrument of financial speculation; what value the traders see in it remains open to interpretation. But there are some clues.

A new theory is emerging in Silicon Valley, led by prestigious investors like Union Square Ventures, about bitcoin’s worth. It’s what Union Square Ventures’ Joel Monegro calls the “fat protocol”—and it’s driven by the failure of heavily funded bitcoin companies to produce the kinds of spectacular results Silicon Valley expects, even as the value of bitcoin itself continues to climb.

Venture capital has usually been rewarded for investing in the application layer of the technology stack. Facebook and Google, for instance, are basically mega-popular applications built on top of the hypertext transfer protocol, the foundation of the web. But cryptocurrencies buck the trend. The underlying protocol keeps growing in value but the companies building applications never get anywhere close to that. All the bitcoin in circulation is worth $12.5 billion (and ethereum is worth over $700 million), for instance, but the biggest bitcoin companies are only valued at several hundred million, Monegro estimates.

The rule of thumb when it comes to fat protocol investing is this: “The market cap of the protocol always grows faster than the combined value of the applications built on top,”
as Monegro puts it.

The reason: Successful cryptocurrency applications drive up demand for the currency, or more specifically, the tokens that are coded into the currency’s protocol. For instance, when Dread Pirate Roberts dreamed up Silk Road, people embraced the idea of e-commerce for drugs, driving up demand for bitcoin to pay for them. An example that doesn’t involve contraband might be the Bitfinex exchange coming up with a peer-to-peer margin-trading mechanism, which presumably prompted more people to buy bitcoins to trade.

Polychain Capital

The fat protocol rule, and the underlying feedback loop animating it, might explain bitcoin’s current price rise. Union Square Ventures and fellow bitcoin bull Andreessen Horowitz are shifting their bets accordingly. They’re now increasing their exposure to bitcoin itself, if not by buying coins directly, then by taking stakes in companies that do.

One such company is Polychain Capital, a new cryptocurency hedge fund. Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures have pumped $10 million into the firm, and into the fund itself. Polychain founder Olaf Carlson-Wee won’t say much about how his fund invests, except that it’s long-only and the goal is to get into blockchain assets at an early stage.

IMO Bitcoin and Monero are the best, fattest protocol tokens easily obtainable by anyone with access to Bitfinex or Shapeshift.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:46:51 PM

People that do not want to store their XMR in exchanges because of security and that did not want to bother to use CLI because it is intimidating will be able to enter with the GUI. Hard wallet missing it is still better than to store your cryptocurrency in exchanges.

People in the DNM market will most likely want to use XMR instead of BTC with the Monero GUI that looks easy to use and with RingCT for privacy after the 5th of January. Why wouldn't they?

Investors/users that were reluctant in buying XMR due to not having a GUI after years and being a joke can now be more confident with Monero having a GUI and RingCT. It proves that there is continuous development being made and that it is here to stay.

Articles to come and get the words out about Monero having a GUI and RingCT for privacy. Fungibility solved, strong foundation. We like our Monero.

Personally, it looks like a no-brainer that we're gonna go way up but I could be wrong. Anything can happen in the cryptocurrency world ;P.
chennan
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:53:26 PM

The GUI will be no more secure than running the wallet from command line. Strong passphrase is essential but Monero could really use adoption by Trezor or Ledger. Ledger is more likely as they have more manpower than Trezor and btchip has already mentioned he is interested. Monero app is not on Ledger's public roadmap yet though. GUI is nice yes but using command line is not really a bother. Paper wallets have a point of failure when you have to import private keys to spend.

If Ledger does come out with hardwallet capability first, I'm pretty sure it would be easy(ish) to convert that code to be compatible with the Trezor... I'm not quite sure if Ledger uses open sourced firmware, but if that's the case then hopefully it can be used with Trezor as well.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 08:12:21 PM

Ledger uses a smartcard element that is proprietary so Ledger is not fully open source. Trezor has already stated they have no time for Monero ATM as they are working on getting Trezor 2 to market. Next to Ledger Jaxx has been making noise about integrating Monero but found it way more complicated than they expected, if they actually do they have the Ice Cube hardware wallet planned for early 2017.

fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:27:11 PM

Ledger uses a smartcard element that is proprietary so Ledger is not fully open source. Trezor has already stated they have no time for Monero ATM as they are working on getting Trezor 2 to market. Next to Ledger Jaxx has been making noise about integrating Monero but found it way more complicated than they expected, if they actually do they have the Ice Cube hardware wallet planned for early 2017.

Jaxx should focus on getting all the basic BTC features into its wallet rather than focusing on other stuff...
Pages: « 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: