Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 [2055] 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:56:58 PM

We already know that Cointelegraph is owned by the Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap people. Why entertain their drivel?

To be honest, I tend to forget which interest owns which popup faux news sites now, there are just too many. i need a easy to referance chart. That would be a nice thread i would think.
So is there a thread on Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap connections. i remember Bytecoin/Cointelegraph and Minergate/Bytecoin being connected in a thread somewhere but I didn't know about the others, is this conjecture or do you have some links. Aren't these same russians connected to coinhive.

My memory just keeps getting worse. Smiley

Is this the thread you are thinking about?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

I just lost most of today reading all that thread.  Amazing stuff - Bytecoin? What a scam!

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vdo

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:00:29 PM

Lol.  Cos he's too far out...  Amir Taaki could be more likely to be Monero's founder, thankful_for_today.  IMHO.
Big respect to Amir, but I don't think he's the man behind Monero. Even the Dark Wallet was abandoned and incomplete back then, let alone something like the Cyptonote wallpaper.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:02:35 PM

I always kind of thought "Thankful For Today" meant Hal Finney, being as how he was dying and knew he'd not have many more "todays" left.

Hal being the force behind TfT wouldn't surprise me too much even without this "pointer" to it being him.

Or, maybe not.  Who knows.

Just a dumb random speculation ima throwin' out here on the thread today just so's you guyz knowz ima still hangin' around herez ;-)

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 12:55:19 PM

Is monero worth a buy now?  
If you believe in future of privacy coins - yes.
McAfee is shilling it for example

Nick Szabo is shilling it too.

Was there any article yet that Nick Szabo made Monero?   Strange how article writers can make a bug stories, but they cant make Monero creator story when Nick Szabo shill Monero.

Lol.  Cos he's too far out...  Amir Taaki could be more likely to be Monero's founder, thankful_for_today.  IMHO.

Oh, so you are saying not thankful for today but Nicolas van Saberhagen. Yes that makes sense Nick Szabo , Nakamoto Satoshi, Nicolas van Saberhagen.  Picture got way more clear now.

Nah..  Don't think so.  Too obvious.  Lol.  And I was talking about Monero, not Cryptonote.

Big respect to Amir, but I don't think he's the man behind Monero. Even the Dark Wallet was abandoned and incomplete back then, let alone something like the Cyptonote wallpaper.

Yeah...  I was just having fun putting out his name out there since we're just throwing darts at the dart board.  But Taaki speaks Esperanto and into protecting privacy and activism.

Was there any hints about thankful_for_today being a poker player at one point or went back packing around the Middle East?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:43:40 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Why there will never be any critical bug in Monero protocol? Because things are done as they should be. This was 4th audit of RandomX  this time by Quarkslab.  Before it was allready auditeted by Kudelski, X41 and TrailOfBits. Some may say it is overkill, but it is just to prevent wet dreams of "minting bugs" article writers.

Quarkslab has studied the security of the Monero Research Lab’s new Proof-of-Work algorithm called RandomX. The evaluation was spread over about three weeks for a total of 32 days with three engineers. It took over from three other security audits, all four made possible thanks to the Open Source Technology Improvement Fund.

Therefore, to maximize the value of a fourth review, Quarkslab focused part of its efforts on:

• the analysis of a few areas less covered by the previous reports,

• the analysis of the previous reports, the responses of Monero Research Lab, and the subsequent changes in the code and in the specifications.

Despite a highly complex and radically new subject, the documentation and code of RandomX were of very high quality. All the attack paths we could think of had already been taken into account or at least studied in the previous audits. Then we reviewed the previous reports, the Monero Research Lab replies and their subsequent code changes. We agree with them.

Moreover, we didn’t find any significant optimization of the proof-of-work algorithm, even with approximations.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 04:54:43 PM

We already know that Cointelegraph is owned by the Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap people. Why entertain their drivel?

To be honest, I tend to forget which interest owns which popup faux news sites now, there are just too many. i need a easy to referance chart. That would be a nice thread i would think.
So is there a thread on Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap connections. i remember Bytecoin/Cointelegraph and Minergate/Bytecoin being connected in a thread somewhere but I didn't know about the others, is this conjecture or do you have some links. Aren't these same russians connected to coinhive.

My memory just keeps getting worse. Smiley

Is this the thread you are thinking about?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

Actually no, that is the thread on the original bytecoin scam synopsis. I'm more interested atm of having a link to the bytecoin scam crew and all the pots they have their fingers in.
Thanks for the link though as i don't have it stored and should. Smiley +sM

I just lost most of today reading all that thread.  Amazing stuff - Bytecoin? What a scam!

Yeah, I just spent an hour re-reading parts and didn't realize how much of it I had forgotten. Smiley

I always kind of thought "Thankful For Today" meant Hal Finney, being as how he was dying and knew he'd not have many more "todays" left.

Hal being the force behind TfT wouldn't surprise me too much even without this "pointer" to it being him.

Or, maybe not.  Who knows.

Just a dumb random speculation ima throwin' out here on the thread today just so's you guyz knowz ima still hangin' around herez ;-)

Weird thought I would find this Very Hard To Believe, i have never read anywhere where he was referenced as being involved in scams but then again he did a have a relationship with CSW. but on second thought if that were so them CSW would have been involved and we all know he can't keep his mouth shut and isn't smart enough to stay hidden as the bytecoin team has done.

But yeah, nice to see you still hanging around. I had a rough week and haven't been online much and have a little catching up to do so any interesting links would be appreciated from the last week..

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 05:08:25 PM

Is monero worth a buy now?  
If you believe in future of privacy coins - yes.
McAfee is shilling it for example

Nick Szabo is shilling it too.

Was there any article yet that Nick Szabo made Monero?   Strange how article writers can make a bug stories, but they cant make Monero creator story when Nick Szabo shill Monero.

Oh, so you are saying not thankful for today but Nicolas van Saberhagen. Yes that makes sense Nick Szabo , Nakamoto Satoshi, Nicolas van Saberhagen.  Picture got way more clear now.

Nah..  Don't think so.  Too obvious.  Lol.  And I was talking about Monero, not Cryptonote.

Yeah...  I was just having fun putting out his name out there since we're just throwing darts at the dart board.  But Taaki speaks Esperanto and into protecting privacy and activism.

Was there any hints about thankful_for_today being a poker player at one point or went back packing around the Middle East?

Well I don't know but aftyer reading this it looks like he would be a good fit for TFT.
https://cryptoanarchy.wiki/people/amir-taaki

Why there will never be any critical bug in Monero protocol? Because things are done as they should be. This was 4th audit of RandomX  this time by Quarkslab.  Before it was allready auditeted by Kudelski, X41 and TrailOfBits. Some may say it is overkill, but it is just to prevent wet dreams of "minting bugs" article writers.

Quarkslab has studied the security of the Monero Research Lab’s new Proof-of-Work algorithm called RandomX. The evaluation was spread over about three weeks for a total of 32 days with three engineers. It took over from three other security audits, all four made possible thanks to the Open Source Technology Improvement Fund.

Therefore, to maximize the value of a fourth review, Quarkslab focused part of its efforts on:

• the analysis of a few areas less covered by the previous reports,

• the analysis of the previous reports, the responses of Monero Research Lab, and the subsequent changes in the code and in the specifications.

Despite a highly complex and radically new subject, the documentation and code of RandomX were of very high quality. All the attack paths we could think of had already been taken into account or at least studied in the previous audits. Then we reviewed the previous reports, the Monero Research Lab replies and their subsequent code changes. We agree with them.

Moreover, we didn’t find any significant optimization of the proof-of-work algorithm, even with approximations.

THIS is a glowing Report!
Thank for sharing Febo. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 05:11:29 PM

One thing I've been noticing is that the distance between XMR and DASH has been increasing, in terms of market cap.
XMR has been holding steady at #13. DASH is #17 and fading. We've almost passed TRON too. Maybe the great culling is in progress.
www.coingecko.com
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 05:37:59 PM

One thing I've been noticing is that the distance between XMR and DASH has been increasing, in terms of market cap.
XMR has been holding steady at #13. DASH is #17 and fading. We've almost passed TRON too. Maybe the great culling is in progress.
www.coingecko.com

With all the concerted FUd lately i'm surprised we are still in the top 20.
This is a multi pronged attack on the monero brand going on before our eyes and there are not enough people setting the record straight.
IF you google that bullshit cointelegraph article there are pages of it being reprinted and quoted as if its truth.

If there is anyone getting paid for marketing (Fucked if I know what goes on on redditt) then they are dropping the ball.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 08:19:53 AM

If Bitcoin continues to linger in this range alts will start to see action. Could happen any time now. Monero led the wave in 2016 that Bitcoin eventually followed, but this time it might be the other way around if impatient Bitcoin speculators begin pouring into alts. Don't forget there may only be a few alts to choose from if you're using a US exchange.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 10:53:42 AM

I didn't see us going under 014. We haven't really ever recovered from that drop.

pleasures

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 03:56:23 AM

Has anyone tried applying planB's stock-flow ratio model to XMR by any chance? Would love to see if there is anyone with any insight as to how XMR can fit into that model given the perpetual 1% inflation of the currency.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 04:57:41 AM

Has anyone tried applying planB's stock-flow ratio model to XMR by any chance? Would love to see if there is anyone with any insight as to how XMR can fit into that model given the perpetual 1% inflation of the currency.

Stock to flow is just one over the monetary inflation rate. Don't get dazzled by the fancy wording.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:27:21 AM

To predict price out of it is sort of a witchcraft. Emission is just part of supply. And to get price you also need to consider demand.

But yes, there is gonna be less then 1800 Monero mined daily from now on. And in few weeks time Monero emission inflation will get under Bitcoins or Monero stock to flow ratio will go over Bitcoins.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 04:14:13 PM

Nice to see XMR back in the top 10 on CMC...

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 08:37:14 PM

I didn't see us going under 014. We haven't really ever recovered from that drop.

I'm with you on that one.

Cool, I hadn't noticed.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 10:36:42 PM

Cool, I hadn't noticed.

It's basically because XMR is a little more resilient than other coins.   Under 0.01 was the one I thought was 'the Rubicon'.  But TBH - Monero has seemed a little tougher in not dropping quite as much as the rest of the alt market, it doesn't want to go lower.  LTC is not far off the XMR price right now, which surprises me after the LTC halvening.

August spike due, perhaps - XMR has historically had one, if usually short-lived...

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:06:35 AM

Cool, I hadn't noticed.

It's basically because XMR is a little more resilient than other coins.   Under 0.01 was the one I thought was 'the Rubicon'.  But TBH - Monero has seemed a little tougher in not dropping quite as much as the rest of the alt market, it doesn't want to go lower.  LTC is not far off the XMR price right now, which surprises me after the LTC halvening.

August spike due, perhaps - XMR has historically had one, if usually short-lived...

LTC has so much less utility than Monero that I just find it insane its cap is still larger at all. Seriously the only thing I have ever thought LTC was good for is to move coins between exchanges.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:14:05 PM

I find it interesting that we are seeing a group of coins that for one reason or another is holding up better than others.  Monero, Decred, Doge.  To a lesser extent ETH, BCH and the IEO tokens like BNB LEO.

To me it looks like the market, though pumping up the BTC dominance is also separating the wheat from the chaff (at least speculatively) for alts.

I am no fan of ETH, BCH the exchange tokens or even Doge really... but I can form a pretty strong narrative as to why those coins are trying to rally or hold more than the rest of the field.  I think the market is getting smarter.  Hopefully they will eventually realize XMR really holds a unique position among crypto assets.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:16:13 PM

Cool, I hadn't noticed.

It's basically because XMR is a little more resilient than other coins.   Under 0.01 was the one I thought was 'the Rubicon'.  But TBH - Monero has seemed a little tougher in not dropping quite as much as the rest of the alt market, it doesn't want to go lower.  LTC is not far off the XMR price right now, which surprises me after the LTC halvening.

LTC has so much less utility than Monero that I just find it insane its cap is still larger at all. Seriously the only thing I have ever thought LTC was good for is to move coins between exchanges.

Exactly.  And Tether as controversial as it is, really deserves the #2 spot (congrats on this, really).  I think it's integration into Liquid is going to prove interesting.  It is possible L-USDT will be more important than USDT... maybe?
Pages: « 1 ... 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 [2055] 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: