Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:39:24 PM

GetGems has sold itself on privacy, but the only way you can be secure in that is if the code itself can be reviewed for flaws by the public. It's also an app that people hold money in. In order to be secure in that, it needs to be possible to review. Closed source code has higher potential vulnerable to both external actors like the NSA (or Mossad, given that the team is based in Tel Aviv), hackers trying to steal your Bitcoin, and even exit scamming. The whole point of Bitcoin is to not have to trust external actors, there's no way I can recommend this as a Bitcoin wallet to my friends until I can be comfortable in it's privacy and security credentials.

Aside from that, it's in violation of the license given by Telegram.

Getgems is still in beta let's not forget. Getgems have their reasons and the reasons I heard on reddit was to protect users info at this early stage, the plan IS to be open source later. So many crypto projects have been all or partially closed source at the beginning. The guys complaining were right but only right in an anal following the letter of the law kind of way.

it's also worth adding that Telegram knows of the project and seem to give its blessing, at least thats how it looks so far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:00:05 PM

And what are you basing this statement on exactly?
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:04:53 PM

That guy might be one of the salty people from reddit that was mad because GetGems is not open source yet.

It's the only person that has come up with reasons, suspicious and now trying to spread fud.
Demotruk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:23:42 PM

https://telegram.org/apps

Every version of Telegram is licensed under GNU GPL. It requires that further changes must also be shared under the same open source license.
threejs

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:52:10 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 09:27:12 PM by threejs

I am trying to sell gems but cannot.  I transferred the gems, $1500 worth out of my app to an exchange, poloniex.  The gems app on google is no longer there, and the main developer daniel peled, is the only guy who can push the transaction through to Poloniex.  He is absolutely nowhere to be found, meanwhile the price is crashing.  At this rate I might get 50 bucks.  Another life lesson, sigh.
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:10:18 PM

I am trying to sell gems but cannot.  I transferred the gems, $1500 worth out of my app to an exchange, poloniex.  The gems app on google is no longer there, and the main developer daniel peled, is the only guy who can push the transaction through.  He is absolutely nowhere to be found, meanwhile the price is crashing.  At this rate I might get 50 bucks.  Another life lesson, sigh.

Actually here is another life's lesson...

If you want to dump your coins, do not announce it beforehand as it will scare others who will then try to dump their coins before you. Best to dump and THEN post your concerns.

As of right now a few people have dumped but overall the buy support is strong.  If you dump and the app reappears on Google play store (which I am certain it will), you will end up panic buying back in at a huge loss. Just my opinion.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:21:24 PM

I am trying to sell gems but cannot.  I transferred the gems, $1500 worth out of my app to an exchange, poloniex.  The gems app on google is no longer there, and the main developer daniel peled, is the only guy who can push the transaction through.  He is absolutely nowhere to be found, meanwhile the price is crashing.  At this rate I might get 50 bucks.  Another life lesson, sigh.

If you want to dump your coins, do not announce it beforehand as it will scare others who will then try to dump their coins before you. Best to dump and THEN post your concerns.

As of right now a few people have dumped but overall the buy support is strong.  If you dump and the app reappears on Google play store (which I am certain it will), you will end up panic buying back in at a huge loss. Just my opinion.

Roger that.  That makes sense.  I was not trying to create Fud, just frustrated.  So far the community and dev's have been great.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Roger that.  That makes sense.  I was not trying to create Fud, just frustrated.  So far the community and dev's have been great.

I tried sending gems from polinex to my wallet 2 nights ago.. still stuck in processing...

tried sending gems from wallet to poli last night still havne't sent..

So basically have have alot of gems in limbo.  Kinda sucks.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:30:03 PM

I tried sending gems from polinex to my wallet 2 nights ago.. still stuck in processing...

tried sending gems from wallet to poli last night still havne't sent..

So basically have have alot of gems in limbo.  Kinda sucks.

Yeah the last time I transferred them, it took 5 days, so I emailed Daniel Peled, and wholla, the gems appeared in my account.  I just assumed he used some kind of special trick to push them through.  Shoulder shrug.......
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:55:09 PM

Well Poloniex is CRAZY slow with coin transfers these days so I have a feeling it's an issue with them and not with Gemz.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:59:27 PM

Well Poloniex is CRAZY slow with coin transfers these days so I have a feeling it's an issue with them and not with Gemz.

I actually wish I had some spare cash lying around now.  I could pick up gemz for a fraction of what I bought it at a week ago.  Another life lesson.......save.
Demotruk

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

I actually wish I had some spare cash lying around now.  I could pick up gemz for a fraction of what I bought it at a week ago.  Another life lesson.......save.

I wouldn't worry about it, we're at the pre-pump and dump price now (I had a feeling that might have been going on). If you believe in the app, basically nothing has changed. We might even have gained a little out of it.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:21:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, we're at the pre-pump and dump price now (I had a feeling that might have been going on). If you believe in the app, basically nothing has changed. We might even have gained a little out of it.

Yeah, I was just freaking out a bit because I was thinking, oh shit, what if the dev's just up and left.  But that makes no sense because the vc investors would never allow that.......I think.

As far as pump and dumping goes, I am relatively new to the crypto scene, been around for a year or two.  I see it happening alot.  I guess it could be compared to a stock ipo.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement. 

When is gems rolling out the feature where commercial advertisers can contact users?  I am currently between jobs, so with nothing else to do, clicking on their ads actually sounds like fun.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:26:57 PM

I actually wish I had some spare cash lying around now.  I could pick up gemz for a fraction of what I bought it at a week ago.  Another life lesson.......save.

Yeah, I was just freaking out a bit because I was thinking, oh shit, what if the dev's just up and left.  But that makes no sense because the vc investors would never allow that.......I think.

As far as pump and dumping goes, I am relatively new to the crypto scene, been around for a year or two.  I see it happening alot.  I guess it could be compared to a stock ipo.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement.  

When is gems rolling out the feature where commercial advertisers can contact users?  I am currently between jobs, so with nothing else to do, clicking on their ads actually sounds like fun.

Dev has been posting in the GetGems group chat aswell, right now he is busy to get the app on google play, we have a group chat (47 members atm) where the dev also posts frequently. It's easy for quick responses, we make it rain, tip and discuss everything. Very fun. also we have Android beta testers group and iOS beta testers group and also Gemz trading group, all in the app. Send me a message in the app to join.

If you want to join us search for my username cyb3rpunk and i'll add you to the group and you will stay updated fast on things.
Demotruk

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

Yeah, I was just freaking out a bit because I was thinking, oh shit, what if the dev's just up and left.  But that makes no sense because the vc investors would never allow that.......I think.

As far as pump and dumping goes, I am relatively new to the crypto scene, been around for a year or two.  I see it happening alot.  I guess it could be compared to a stock ipo.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement. 

When is gems rolling out the feature where commercial advertisers can contact users?  I am currently between jobs, so with nothing else to do, clicking on their ads actually sounds like fun.
I believe that follows the airdrop in terms of priority. I wouldn't expect it too soon personally.

I don't think an exit scam is likely. Daniel has put his face and name all over the place for this app. He's also been really helpful and dedicated in terms of dealing with bugs that users are having here. Not typical of exit scammers, who would spend much more time trying to pump the coin. They would likely have to deal with a response from Coinbase, too, given the Julia bot. Remember that Israel is well ahead of the US in terms of time zone, the devs are likely all just sleeping.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:33:39 PM

I actually wish I had some spare cash lying around now.  I could pick up gemz for a fraction of what I bought it at a week ago.  Another life lesson.......save.

Yeah, I was just freaking out a bit because I was thinking, oh shit, what if the dev's just up and left.  But that makes no sense because the vc investors would never allow that.......I think.

As far as pump and dumping goes, I am relatively new to the crypto scene, been around for a year or two.  I see it happening alot.  I guess it could be compared to a stock ipo.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement.  

When is gems rolling out the feature where commercial advertisers can contact users?  I am currently between jobs, so with nothing else to do, clicking on their ads actually sounds like fun.
I believe that follows the airdrop in terms of priority. I wouldn't expect it too soon personally.

I don't think an exit scam is likely. Daniel has put his face and name all over the place for this app. He's also been really helpful and dedicated in terms of dealing with bugs that users are having here. Not typical of exit scammers, who would spend much more time trying to pump the coin. They would likely have to deal with a response from Coinbase, too, given the Julia bot. Remember that Israel is well ahead of the US in terms of time zone, the devs are likely all just sleeping.

Yeah that timezone thing, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Wisconsin resident myself.  Born and raised.  A cheesehead.  Go packers, They are a football team fyi.

The scammers ARE pretty obvious like you said. You can see them a mile away.
threejs

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:40:54 PM

Yeah that timezone thing, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Wisconsin resident myself.  Born and raised.  A cheesehead.  Go packers, They are a football team fyi.

Daniel has never given me a reason to believe otherwise, personally, and with that "I" am going to say goodnight!

weenfan

Activity: 373
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:40:06 AM

Is there pseudocode on how the Gems wallet address is made from the recovery phrase? .. I know how to derive the BTC keys but not the GEMS keys.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:26:24 AM

Daniel has never given me a reason to believe otherwise, personally, and with that "I" am going to say goodnight

The team is all at the office, we are not going anywhere  Kiss
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:59:10 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 10:00:49 AM by peled1986

Poloniex sometimes has problems because the Bitcoin network spam has been messing with Counterparty.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: