Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:19:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:21:16 AM

I guess the better question is. When you no longer have access to incoming mobile SMS how can you use the recovery phrase to at least move the GEMZ to a counterwallet.

You don't need the recover phrase to move gems to counterparty.

All I have is the recover phrase. The app was on a phone I lost.

Ok I'm a bit rusty on this cause info often changes but. Firstly your wallet coins are relatively safe cause anyone finding them even if they understood what they are and where to send them still needs your pin number to make a transaction....which will be locked if they try a few times and its wrong.

So you need to get another device, an iPad, another phone etc and use the passphrase to put your wallet on it. The I suggest moving funds to a new wallet....though you will know if someone attempts to use your wallet on the lost device I believe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:22:34 AM

App not showing in playstore.  Shocked

What's up with this??

i just checked and yeap...the app is not in the GooglePlay Store for me too. Don't see it. Just disappeared.
GETGEMS Team, do check this out asap.

its pretty early on Israeli time....im sure they will see the problem in the next few hours.
weenfan

Activity: 373
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:25:09 AM

I'm just wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the recovery phrase since I don't have a means of getting mobile sms to create another telegram account to use the app. Is there a derivation method to recover the gems using the phrase. https://www.blockscan.com/address?q=1NxsTKCou8H7UjAePb7BZBfW91AWy2RnpY is where my gems are on the counterparty.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:31:27 AM

I'm just wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the recovery phrase since I don't have a means of getting mobile sms to create another telegram account to use the app. Is there a derivation method to recover the gems using the phrase. https://www.blockscan.com/address?q=1NxsTKCou8H7UjAePb7BZBfW91AWy2RnpY is where my gems are on the counterparty.

Like I said i'm not 100% with this info. But reading this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg12001122#msg12001122

means you need to access an sms for your mobile wallet. But you could use anyones phone, open the wallet then send the coins to your counterpart wallet....or wherever.
weenfan

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:11:44 AM

I got it to send to my google voice once .. but now not Smiley
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:18:41 AM

I got it to send to my google voice once .. but now not Smiley

Still works for me...

-tb-

weenfan

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:22:35 AM

https://bip32jp.github.io/english/recovergems.html < after line 157 add

$('#toaddress').val(gen_bip32.extended_private_key_string('base58'));
     return;

then it will give you the bip32 master key from the phrase .. counterparty uses external account i'th keypair mode on http://bip32.org/ to make the counterwallet addresses.

https://counterwallet.coindaddy.io/ << this connected me to the BTC address on that app but not the gemz here .. I guess I'll have to get past the sms part of the app to recover these here :

https://www.blockscan.com/address?q=1NxsTKCou8H7UjAePb7BZBfW91AWy2RnpY

seems that this is not off-chain but is a secondary way the gemz app generates btc addresses from the recovery phrase.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:31:25 AM

What's up with this??

i just checked and yeap...the app is not in the GooglePlay Store for me too. Don't see it. Just disappeared.

its pretty early on Israeli time....im sure they will see the problem in the next few hours.

The app has been removed, its hard to know the reason with google play because they don't provide any details. We sent them an email and should receive a response from them within 72 hours.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:45:07 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 07:00:27 AM by reRaise

What's up with this??

The app has been removed, its hard to know the reason with google play because they don't provide any details. We sent them an email and should receive a response from them within 72 hours.

So stupid they don't give a reasoning at all, they better put it back on where the ratings were. Hope they reply fast at.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

how many downloads Gemz have?
They got more than 10K in week.
https://twitter.com/start_chat

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:32:28 PM

What's up with this??

i still can use it , if i have downloaded it days ago? Or there are problem?
I can't get the free daily gem btw from about 1 month

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:45:07 PM

What device are you running it on?  I'm seeing the same problem on the Xoom tablet.

-tb-

yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 03:55:16 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 04:14:28 PM by yoyoamigo

that ShapeShift Integration is an awesome idea! GETGEMS should have it too in the future.

i am not surprised with the numbers that StartChat is having. Look at the number of Twitter followers it has - 60000. Getgems is only 3000+. Give Startchat some time. i would like to see if the number of downloads will surpass the number of followers. Because Getgems already has  Cool

StartChat 60000 Twitter Followers - 10k+ downloads so far.
GetGems 3000 Twitter Followers - 10k+ downloads so far.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:12:29 PM

that ShapeShift Integration is an awesome idea! GETGEMS should have it too in the future.

i am not surprised with the numbers that StartChat is having. Look at the number of Twitter followers it has - 60000. Getgems is only 3000+. Give Startchat some time. i would like to see if the number of downloads will surpass the number of followers. Because Getgems already has  Cool

NOt to mention Max Kaiser has his own TV show and has been pumping startcoin and related things on twitter forever.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:14:57 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 04:32:54 PM by yoyoamigo

NOt to mention Max Kaiser has his own TV show and has been pumping startcoin and related things on twitter forever.

exactly. We can only say that the GetGems app is performing better, but it doesn't yet have the kind of social network size or influential power that StartChat has - because of Max Kaiser.

However, GetGems influence only recently just got increased by leaps and bounds thanks to Julia (Coinbase and Telegram). We are picking up the pace!
Looks like the airdrop and attention economy will have to start soon. because this is so reminding me of how Facebook came to be successful.

"Facebook - “move fast and break things.” It’s an approach tailored to its gameplan: social networks succeed due to network effects, which means the more users you acquire in the fastest time, the better your chances of becoming dominant. A solid infrastructure allows Facebook to develop features and acquire users instead of worrying about server load, and adding more zeroes to user count is what matters most."

Getgems has a solid infrastructure. Because Getgems is the main focus. i dont know about StartChat. StartChat is just one of the 5 side-projects for StartCoin Eco-System.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:33:12 PM

All Gems needs is a few well placed media articles to intice people to try the app. Which won't be that hard cause Getgems is a news worthy story, ie social messengering that pays its users, it's a unique idea that would be of interest to any casual user of social apps. Once everything is running like a charm I'm sure the marketing department has some great plans to get the word out. It's a personal belief but I actually think effort to convince the Bitcoin community about Getgems is slightly wasted energy, they are very dogmatic about Bitcoin and often are anti alts plus the alt community is too small. Outside the gulag of cryto is where this app needs to get. In fact talking about Bitcoin and coins etc prob will turn the people off. Just keep,to the simple story of giving social back to the people etc.

I know nothing but I wonder if the removal from Google is from disgruntled guy who has a problem with the code not being completely open source. I don't understand the subject of open source but a couple guys on reddit seemed upset about it.

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:36:05 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 07:35:58 PM by reRaise

Sorry to burst your bubble but those aren't actual real followers, followers have probably been bought. I can see when i click on followers, how can you have 60k followers and your best post only gets like 20 retweets.

I would say shape shift integration is the only feature that startchat has an edge on. For the rest GetGems pretty much wins, regarding user experience, interface, devs involvment with the community, simplicity and premium features. Startchat doesn't have an iOS either.

Maybe we should make a comparison of the two, competition is nice, but i personally have bad experiences with every coin max keiser has been involved with.

These pump tactics really turn me off, typical max keiser he did the same with quark and max coin. It's just not my style for devs to promote like this, it looks like they only care about the price and ready to dump. GetGems dev quality is just on another level.

redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:43:53 PM

All Gems needs is a few well placed media articles to intice people to try the app. Which won't be that hard cause Getgems is a news worthy story, ie social messengering that pays its users, it's a unique idea that would be of interest to any casual user of social apps. Once everything is running like a charm I'm sure the marketing department has some great plans to get the word out. It's a personal belief but I actually think effort to convince the Bitcoin community about Getgems is slightly wasted energy, they are very dogmatic about Bitcoin and often are anti alts plus the alt community is too small. Outside the gulag of cryto is where this app needs to get. In fact talking about Bitcoin and coins etc prob will turn the people off. Just keep,to the simple story of giving social back to the people etc.

I know nothing but I wonder if the removal from Google is from disgruntled guy who has a problem with the code not being completely open source. I don't understand the subject of open source but a couple guys on reddit seemed upset about it.

I was thinking the same thing about the open source thing.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:06:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the open source thing.

Yep there were couple guys whining about that, i mean it's ok to raise a concern but one or 2 of them really were pushing it like they had an agenda. I guess they could be supporters of another coin or devs wanting to intergrate GG features in their own app but couldn't.
Demotruk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:10:14 PM

GetGems has sold itself on privacy, but the only way you can be secure in that is if the code itself can be reviewed for flaws by the public. It's also an app that people hold money in. In order to be secure in that, it needs to be possible to review. Closed source code has higher potential vulnerable to both external actors like the NSA (or Mossad, given that the team is based in Tel Aviv), hackers trying to steal your Bitcoin, and even exit scamming. The whole point of Bitcoin is to not have to trust external actors, there's no way I can recommend this as a Bitcoin wallet to my friends until I can be comfortable in it's privacy and security credentials.

Aside from that, it's in violation of the license given by Telegram.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: