Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:26:05 PM

@ lawsonvl

Why are you still here? since you sold in february 2015

If u are not in it for the money, then what are u in it for?

Do u have a hidden agenda?

Are you paid by a competitor? if yes, how much and by who?

What attracts you in GetGems and why?

Do u work for the fbi or cia?

Do u like donuts and why?

He is the kind of frustrated kid tbat would not support to see a coin he dumped become successful thats why he keep on trolling in here not because he is truly concerned just because he hope with all his heart gems is going to keep going down which would convince him he made the good choice lol
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:05:11 PM

(I read everything on BTT and have already answered the concerns that have been raised relating to PayKey, I answer every PM and I'm available in the GetGems groups).

Daniel, can you please answer the following questions:

Is what you have been calling the Attention Economy currently the "GetGems Advertising" group?

Do you have a commitment to fund Getgems with PayKey's profits?

When did co-founder Eitan Rousso leave the company, and what was the reason for his departure?

Is PayKey a separate business entity?

Are you hiring people to specifically work on PayKey?

These questions are legitimate regardless of the poster's history, I'm also curious to what the answers are.

The main one is "How is GEMZ going to benefit from PayKey?"
softstorb

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:34:56 PM

(I read everything on BTT and have already answered the concerns that have been raised relating to PayKey, I answer every PM and I'm available in the GetGems groups).

Is what you have been calling the Attention Economy currently the "GetGems Advertising" group?

When did co-founder Eitan Rousso leave the company, and what was the reason for his departure?

These questions are legitimate regardless of the poster's history, I'm also curious to what the answers are.

I agree I also want to know whats up with all of these concerns. Why would he avoid answering them as if people doesn't deserve to now?
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:26:41 PM

I have a problem, if anyone can provide any help...

I make a ref, everything goes smooth for him but not for me... Undecided I didnt get my reward...

Both of us send emails to support but no answer...

Is there something else that i can do?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:36:25 PM

Of course they are legitimate and as far as I can see, the only trolls in here are hypers who dont give a shit whats going on once you dont say anything that might affect the price in a negative way. Countering questions with - Shut the fuck up, fags, desperate cunt etc- nuff said
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:51:46 PM

PayKey allows Gemz to be transfered on all social apps, whatsapp, instagram, snapchat, wechat, twitter, kik, facebook, reddit, and tons of others, even those closed sourced. This is one of the most powerful features i have seen in Crypto which no other coin (even bitcoin) has currently, which will benefit Gemz as the userbase grows.
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:59:59 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe PayKey will also have opt-in ads that scroll on the top of the keyboard that can only be purchased with Gemz. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.....
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:37:29 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 12:53:32 AM by lawsonvl

Your questions are hostile.....would you answer questions from a hostile poster? For example:

Please rewrite my questions so that they are non-hostile. Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.

I may be wrong, but I believe PayKey will also have opt-in ads that scroll on the top of the keyboard that can only be purchased with Gemz. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.....

So this is your example of how to ask a non-hostile question:

Start and finish your comment with self-doubt, and address it to "someone".

Either summon the courage to ask Daniel a direct question, or step aside and allow others to do so.

PatHolsg

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:31:38 AM

Of course they are legitimate and as far as I can see, the only trolls in here are hypers who dont give a shit whats going on once you dont say anything that might affect the price in a negative way. Countering questions with - Shut the fuck up, fags, desperate cunt etc- nuff said

Seems like a hard task, to answer a few simple questions. Thats concerning.
lawsonvl

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:47:29 AM

The question:

So basically the big AE project is just a telegram Channel right.

The response:

p.s.s: I'm a great believer in the lean startup methodology, we don't have all the answers but we're working hard on finding what works using this cycle: build, measure and learn.

Currently it made sense to develop a opt-in channel to create a mass of users that are interesting for advertisers, we are measuring, learning and improving. The more users GetGems has the more possibilities open. Please keep in mind that all of the advertising channels you are familiar with today started to explore advertising channels in a much later stage of growth.

An excuse-laden peregrination that not only avoids answering the question, but lacks any useful information.

I can’t fault Daniel for his lack of experience and competence. He never claimed to have either.

But I sure as hell will call him out on his deception and lack of integrity.
dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:20:20 AM

The question:

So basically the big AE project is just a telegram Channel right.

The response:

p.s.s: I'm a great believer in the lean startup methodology, we don't have all the answers but we're working hard on finding what works using this cycle: build, measure and learn.

Currently it made sense to develop a opt-in channel to create a mass of users that are interesting for advertisers, we are measuring, learning and improving. The more users GetGems has the more possibilities open. Please keep in mind that all of the advertising channels you are familiar with today started to explore advertising channels in a much later stage of growth.

An excuse-laden peregrination that not only avoids answering the question, but lacks any useful information.

I can’t fault Daniel for his lack of experience and competence. He never claimed to have either.

But I sure as hell will call him out on his deception and lack of integrity.

Someone should contact his Kibuttz or even someone high up in the Kibuttz system or press as his Dad is a financial treasury of the whole thing. Won't look good in Israeli news, son of Kibuttz head in Bitcoin scam. Clearly even though he covered his ass legally he clearly has scammed investors on false promises...its fraud case imo. At least a scammy scandal for the press.
lawsonvl

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:30:21 AM

Someone should contact his Kibuttz or even someone high up in the Kibuttz system or press as his Dad is a financial treasury of the whole thing. Won't look good in Israeli news, son of Kibuttz head in Bitcoin scam. Clearly even though he covered his ass legally he clearly has scammed investors on false promises...its fraud case imo. At least a scammy scandal for the press.

A lot of the friction here might be due to cultural differences.

A kibbutz is an insular low-trust community — think of an extreme form of a stereotypical Greek/Italian/Korean family — where in-group loyalty is highly regarded.

But the strong commitment that binds low-trust groups tends to come at the expense of trusting outsiders. In this case, that’s you, me, and 1500 other ICO buyers.

In many low-trust societies one is expected to exploit outsiders, just as they’d expect outsiders to try and exploit them. From food market haggling to big business negotiations, this assumption is ever present.

Entire books have been written on this topic:
http://www.amazon.com/Trust-Social-Virtues-Creation-Prosperity/dp/0684825252

So no, I don’t believe Daniel's kibbutz will see this endeavour as anything but a cunningly executed transfer of $800k into the possession of one of its members.

I’ve grown to suspect that Daniel doesn’t see his actions as anything but fair and ordinary. Ex: He believes that he communicates sufficiently. Ex: He believes that he's over-delivered on his promises. Ex: He never apologies for anything.

Where his reputation might begin to concern him is when he is dealing with PayKey's future customers. Trust is a highly regarded trait in the banking community.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:49:58 AM

Yes, it's currently the "GetGems Advertising" group that users can opt-out and other groups that users can opt-in such as the "Cryptocurrency News" group. We're discussing AE features that users will be willing to pay gems for at this point of growth. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Eitan was working at Wix during the initial sell, his goal was to leave Wix and join GetGems full-time if the sell was successful. After the sell, Eitan made a decision not to leave Wix due to personal reasons.

No

The commitment was to work on achieving the milestones. Success of PayKey will help keep the business entity operational and we will be able to continue developing and supporting GetGems.

If we succeed in raising VC funds, than yes.
lawsonvl

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:22:00 AM

Yes, it's currently the "GetGems Advertising" group that users can opt-out and other groups that users can opt-in such as the "Cryptocurrency News" group. We're discussing AE features that users will be willing to pay gems for at this point of growth. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Eitan was working at Wix during the initial sell, his goal was to leave Wix and join GetGems full-time if the sell was successful. After the sell, Eitan made a decision not to leave Wix due to personal reasons.

No

The commitment was to work on achieving the milestones. Success of PayKey will help keep the business entity operational and we will be able to continue developing and supporting GetGems.

GG's future depends on getting more VC money to develop PK.

It might not be what I wanted to hear, but I got my answers.

Thank you.

dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:49:10 AM

Daniel was very quick to answer questions that have been asked many times over last few weeks once his Kibbutz, his dad and the press are mentions. It suggests he fears this repercussion. And he should as it would be easy to contact his Kibbutz.

So AE really is a Telegram group that makes you pay manually for the privilege to post on it and then I suspect he divides the money and manually sends it to users. There is no sugar coating that this is BULLSHIT!!! iF investors had any idea they would get a telegram group for AE they wouldn't of given a single btc. Daniel talked about algorithms and so much complex bullshit and develivered nothing. He must know this is BS.

The entire uniqueness of the project was not based on a wallet but on a developed AE system which clearly they didn't develop. What is a scam is they they got to their milestones, cause really they didn't reach any milestones in terms of the general plan for the app. They knew to leave AE to last, I hate to say it but this scam seems more pre planned that I thought. And please no one suggest a free telegram group is a decent first iteration of AE, spare me that. It's taken over a year to do what any 10 year old could go with a telegram app.
softstorb

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:10:39 AM

No

Sorry but how is this AE is any close to this :
Potential Advertising Models for Gems

The top monetization tool for social networks is targeted ads. Giants like Google and Facebook derive the majority of their revenue from ads. The Gems team is experimenting with several advertising models:

•Paying to send personal unsolicited messages. One of the main problems of any communications platform is spam. The fact that communication is constantly becoming cheaper enables spammers to send bulk messages to unwilling recipients. The common approach to spam is heuristics-based flagging and filtering (this is how Gmail works). The problem is that this method is extremely inaccurate and only works well if the same exact spam message is duplicated thousands of times. Users resort to hiding their personal address in order to avoid receiving spam. Consider what would happen if a celebrity like Oprah would publicly share her personal email. No spam-prevention algorithm would be able to handle it.

In a world where the spam problem has been solved, there would be no need to hide your address. Everybody’s personal address would be public and we would no longer rely on secrecy to stop abuse. If you think about it, every major personal communication platform—such as email, phone, SMS, and WhatsApp—fails at this point.

Why do we hate spam so much? The answer is basic economics. Reading incoming messages is time consuming, and our time is a valuable resource. The straightforward solution is, therefore, basic economics. If consuming messages is expensive, sending them should be expensive as well.

By placing a gem price tag on sending personal unsolicited messages, we can guarantee that users pay for the right to contact you. It’s important to emphasize that messages sent between friends (approved contacts) are not considered unsolicited, since recipients have explicitly agreed to receive messages from these senders. Within the Gems network, sending messages between friends will always be free.

How expensive should sending an unsolicited message be? The natural answer here is also to rely on basic economic principles. The more popular the recipient, the more expensive it should be to contact them. This concept is employed in the bidding system that Google uses for their adwords platforms where every advertiser enters a bid for how much they agree to pay for a click. Roughly speaking, the system displays the highest bids, making popular keywords more expensive because people are willing to pay more for them. Borrowing this principle for our model, we can decide on the number of unsolicited messages a recipient will receive over a period of time, and take the highest bids from competing senders.

It might be a good idea to make this an opt-out mechanism. If a user is willing to receive unsolicited messages, they should be able to allow strangers to message them for free.

Read receipts could be another interesting feature of this mechanism. The sender of an unsolicited message would probably be interested in knowing whether the recipient reads the message.

•Paying to send private message ads. Unlike unsolicited messages, which are personal in nature (such as introducing yourself to a beautiful girl and asking whether she’s single), ads are commercial in nature.

The central distribution channel in Gems is instant messaging. Private message ads will appear in the incoming-message screen next to messages you receive from your contacts. These messages will be marked as promotions, so recipients can differentiate them from personal messages. The promotion tab in Gmail provides a popular example of this advertising format, where users receive promotional emails from advertisers directly into their inbox.

Targeted advertising is key for maximizing the effectiveness of ads. Keeping ads relevant makes both the viewer and the advertiser happy. Advertisers will not choose a specific list of recipients to receive their ads, but they will define relevancy criteria for the target audience. The criteria may be based on content, similar to how Google AdWords works; i.e., showing an engagement ring ad to users interested in buying one. Criteria can also be based on an audience profile, similar to how Facebook ads work; i.e., by showing an engagement ring ad to single males between the ages of 20 and 25.

Employing content based targeting within Gems is largely a privacy issue. Platforms such as Gmail anonymously analyze the content of exchanged messages and attempt to match relevant ads based on keyword similarities. This function can be performed automatically within Gems, but only on non-secure messages. Secure messages are encrypted client to client and end to end, and the Gems infrastructure cannot decipher them. In addition, the user should be allowed to opt out of content analysis in order to maintain privacy.

Profile-based targeting within Gems is even more tricky. The Gems network does not require users to fill in profile information. An interesting potential solution is to let users provide a voluntary profile by answering questions that will help Gems deliver relevant content (for example, “What is your age?”). To encourage users to give more details, the network can compensate them with gems for doing so. A natural way to implement this would be to give the ad recipient a portion of the ad revenues paid by the advertiser. We could even make the payout proportional to the amount of provided profile data. Some profile data could also be generated automatically, but usually at the expense of privacy. A good example would be geolocation. If the user agrees to share his or her location with the app, we will be able to use the data to show local ads. It is important to emphasize that profile data will never be shared with advertisers and it will only be used anonymously so the network can deliver relevant ads.

The cost of advertising should probably be based on bids as well. The size of the target audience is limited to the number of participating users who fit the ad criteria, so only ads with the highest bids will be shown. Another interesting question is whether these ads will be paid per exposure, or per click (an advertiser only pays if a user opens their message and reads it). If we choose the latter, we could maximize network profit by factoring in both the amount of the ad bid and the rate of successful click-throughs from previous exposures, and choose accordingly which ads to display.

•Paying for priority messages. Quality of service (QoS) is an interesting factor worth exploring for monetization purposes. Consider the real-world example of package shipments. A free-shipping method usually involves a standard service such as USPS, which takes a little longer to deliver and offers less control over tracking and delivery status. The shipper can pay extra to use a premium shipping service such as FedEx, which arrives much faster and is generally more reliable.

Borrowing from this example, users of the Gems ecosystem will pay for sending messages of a higher priority. Delivery speed and reliability are probably not necessary aspects to consider, because standard free messages on Gems will always arrive virtually immediately and be extremely reliable.

So what aspects can we use instead? One option is to sort the order of incoming messages. Normally, incoming messages are sorted according to arrival time. High-priority messages would always appear first, regardless of the order in which they were received. Another option would be to highlight high-priority messages to mark them for special consideration. This could be achieved by using a more prominent notification sound, or by using bolder colors or urgency icons with the messages in the incoming list. Another option would be to send several push notifications to announce a high priority message, until the recipient opens it (instead of just a single notification, as with normal messages). We could also provide tighter control over delivery indications and notify the sender as soon as the recipient has opened the high-priority message. Alternatively, we could display priority messages inline within the incoming-message list, meaning the recipient will not have to click on them in order to read their content.

Generally speaking, if recipients are aware that an incoming message was paid for, they will be more inclined to open and handle it in a timely fashion.

•Paying for a sponsored appearance in the contact list. The Gems user profile will potentially include a status message. Every user can write his or her own status line, which is very similar in concept to a Facebook or WhatsApp status. This status line will appear below every username in the contact list and user directory.

The status line is an excellent platform for a quick, one-line advertisement. Consider the following use case. In a startup company looking for new developers, a member of the startup could set his status to say “looking for talented iOS and Android developers” and he could invite his contacts to message him about any potential applicants they may know.

It makes sense that these appearances be sponsored as well. A sponsored result could appear first in contact lists (and be labeled as sponsored). We might also show sponsored results that aren’t related to direct contacts. For example, even if I don’t personally know the startup member who advertises for a developer, I will still see their sponsored result when I enter my contacts screen, or when I search in the user directory.

Keeping advertisements relevant is similar in nature to previous channels, such as targeting by content and targeting by profile. In addition, another interesting criteria is the distance between users (hop count or connection degree - 1st degree are immediate friends, 2nd degree are friends of friends, etc). It makes sense to show sponsored statuses from users who travel in similar circles.

Paying for a commercial company page / e-commerce. The traditional entities within the Gems network are private individuals. Any user can join Gems and connect with their friends. Just like how Facebook grew to accommodate businesses as an entity within the network, Gems might make the same decision as well. Registering a new user as a commercial entity / business is a good candidate for a paid action.

How will company / business users be different from regular users? First of all, the profile page will have a commercial orientation and show relevant details about the business - such as an address / map location, website, logo, phone number, email, link to mobile app, opening hours, etc. In addition, business users will be geared towards e-commerce. Since the Gems network allows for easy fund transfers between users, it will be convenient to use for light e-commerce (1-click purchases).

Deeper ecommerce capabilities will allow businesses to present a goods/services catalog, support checkout with Gems and provide light order management.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:51:42 AM

I agree with softstorb on this one, the ae that was promoted in the beginning which is showed above doesnt look like much with what we see now. I dont care whether its build on telegram or not but i would expect some similarities, also as long as it succeeds im fine with. But i hope daniel is as eager about the ae now which he isnt, as he was at the start where he promoted ae everywhere which got me interested.
PatHolsg

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:13:14 PM

From the Q/A:

The proceeds from the presale will be used for continuing the development of the network infrastructure, paying for servers, paying for bandwidth, the cloud hosting infrastructure and for the development of a set of mobile apps for all leading mobile platforms. The exact spending budget (as a percentage of presale revenue) will be openly advertised to all purchasers in advance.

Daniel, can you point me to where I might find this spending budget?

Also, I can't seem to find the official milestones agreement anymore. A link please?

10% Expenses incurred prior to and related to Pre-sale // 70% Developer Compensation and Ops // 10% Marketing & Community Outreach // 10% Legal Contingency Fund

Has the 25% milestone for the advertising platform been released? Because I dn't believe this milestone was reached yet. Anyone knows?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:15:20 PM

I agree with softstorb on this one, the ae that was promoted in the beginning which is showed above doesnt look like much with what we see now. I dont care whether its build on telegram or not but i would expect some similarities, also as long as it succeeds im fine with. But i hope daniel is as eager about the ae now which he isnt, as he was at the start where he promoted ae everywhere which got me interested.

Deeper ecommerce capabilities will allow businesses to present a goods/services catalog, support checkout with Gems and provide light order management.

We already started discussions with potential advertisers and businesses and they require critical mass of users in specific territory - that is why we're focused on growth at this stage.

Has the 25% milestone for the advertising platform been released? Because I don't believe this milestone was reached yet. Anyone knows?

It hasn't been released yet.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:26:02 PM

Could we have weekly statistical growth of the network?

There isn't much to play with lately, can we just have stats of the amount of new downloads every week just to have something to chew on while bigger news are coming? I don't think there was anything new posted for more then a month so that would be appreciated.

Latest total downloads for iOS and Android are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg14034982#msg14034982
+85,000 users, expecting to reach 100K in less than 30 days.

3968 downloads in the last 7 days on iOS:

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: