Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:13:15 PM

The 0.5 % goes to Daniel and his fellows.

Daniel is the ceo of GetGems and his 'fellows' are the iOS developer, Android developer, backend and graphics designers. The 0.5% is called a fee, you pay a fee in exchange for services. It's how a company makes money to run a business, offer new services and for its staff to make a living, even Bitcoin has fees. This is a far reaching project not just the average altcoin.

If you are looking for a serious project then i would stay away from one where its devs can't earn money from it because that is a lack of users adoption and interest, having no funds for development is a fail.

I think you just missed my point. You are so excited about the PayKey that you do not see what is really going on. I am a bit worried about the ethical issues here. I am only defending the interests of the community.

The GetGems team collected 800 000 dollars from the community. The point is that the team spent the money to develop PayKey that generates 0.5 % to the team members. In my view, the money should have been used in a way that benefits the community. Obviously, the PayKey generates nothing to the community. The benefits, which are all drawn from the community as well, go directly to Daniel & Fellows. In fact, besides that GetGems team collected the 800 000 dollars in crowdsale, it wants to suck even more money from the community trough transaction fees, you fools. Don’t you understand: PayKey is a side project, a by-product of GetGems, which was developed with the money drawn from the community. That is very unethical, unfair, sad, and disappointing. I hope the community will react. 

Ps. I believe that the PayKey may be a great product. However, it was produced in a very unethical manner. There is no question about it. I feel cheated.

You cant really say that paykey is of no benefit to the gemz community as you will be able to transfer gemz/bitcoin through it. Also I presume the advertising space on paykey will follow the getgems model . IE the advertisers pay with gems which are then returned to users who do not turn off the option to view advertising. The 0.5% is for fiat transfers afaik which is fine by me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

Just look at btc-e or poloniex trollbox where people try to screw eachother over 24/7 to do a good word about the coin they're are hodling or even in this forum, this all to gain new users and get people buying their product, it's so ridiculous, imagine if GetGems didn't have this issue and majority of buying power came from regular users outside. That would really be amazing.

If people buy something based on what someone says in an exchange troll box, they get what they deserve.

Nail meet head. this is exactly what I have been saying from the start with Getgems. The whole point is this project goes outside the crypto scene which for alts is tiny, even Bitcoin is pretty small. Maybe it's cause I did a year of pre college level economics (which I hated) where you study tons of Price/Supply/Demand graphs, you get to understand why something has value and how the factors interact, ie economics 101. So I think the crypto community does have some role is validating a coin before it moves wider but actually getgems leap frogs this mainly straight to newbie users of crypto. So just using an example, coins like say NXT could be the most awesome coin in the world but if it only gets used by 10,000 alts coin hoarders it will never ever grow into a billion dollar marketcap. Why do you think we don't get much fUD here?

All getgems have to focus on it the user friendliness of the app and decreasing 'friction' for new users (which they are) Daniel and the team get this 100%. Of course there needs to be a way for users to buy gems, but if we get millions of users then actually that isn't a problem as a third party would step in BUT sure I trust the team is thinking how purchases can be made. But also don't forget you are making a micro economy of gems by giving gems to Getgem users and I expect Paykey users, so they will have gems which they will see have value and can be used to buy something.....and of course the person selling something then recieve gems and then so an economy is formed with demand, supply, price and market dynamics etc. This is even before you mention the attention model which I think the team will still have a focus cause it's actually a massive selling point of paykey and getgems and potential revenue fpr the team and users ie. Advertising.

My only nagging question is if paykey brings in millions of users who become familiar with gems I would love to see a standalone getgems app that was 100% a getgems app, not relying on Telegram. I think it makes clearer the project cause later people will see gems used on all platforms then one hooked up to only Telegram, it muddies the water IMO. And makes everything about getgems and paykey kind of look parasitic being on top of other platforms rather than its own app. A standalone communicates this is THE getgems messenger app....and the paykey is a separate use across all platforms. For now though if it's not broken don't fix it and take advantage of Telegram...but later I hope we don't need them.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:27:30 PM

While we don't get much overt FUD I'm sure kj15 is trying his best to do a subtle 'oh this isn't ethical' form of it.

As someone who followed this project for the start it's 100% BS and so personally I would say don't bother answering them, they aren't trying to understand, as answers have been given. This project has been above board, devs names have been public, everything is what it is with full transparency.

And hey if they keep on then enjoy it and get the cheap coins cause once a few million download Paykey no FUD in the world will matter.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 04:12:19 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 05:07:47 AM by yoyoamigo

The 0.5 % goes to Daniel and his fellows.

Daniel is the ceo of GetGems and his 'fellows' are the iOS developer, Android developer, backend and graphics designers. The 0.5% is called a fee, you pay a fee in exchange for services. It's how a company makes money to run a business, offer new services and for its staff to make a living, even Bitcoin has fees. This is a far reaching project not just the average altcoin.

If you are looking for a serious project then i would stay away from one where its devs can't earn money from it because that is a lack of users adoption and interest, having no funds for development is a fail.

I think you just missed my point. You are so excited about the PayKey that you do not see what is really going on. I am a bit worried about the ethical issues here. I am only defending the interests of the community.

The GetGems team collected 800 000 dollars from the community. The point is that the team spent the money to develop PayKey that generates 0.5 % to the team members. In my view, the money should have been used in a way that benefits the community. Obviously, the PayKey generates nothing to the community. The benefits, which are all drawn from the community as well, go directly to Daniel & Fellows. In fact, besides that GetGems team collected the 800 000 dollars in crowdsale, it wants to suck even more money from the community trough transaction fees, you fools. Don’t you understand: PayKey is a side project, a by-product of GetGems, which was developed with the money drawn from the community. That is very unethical, unfair, sad, and disappointing. I hope the community will react.  

Ps. I believe that the PayKey may be a great product. However, it was produced in a very unethical manner. There is no question about it. I feel cheated.

I don't think you understand. Paykey gives gems the perfect platform to operate on. Just look at my above post with the comment from yoyoamigo to see how connected the two are. The TL;DR is ads will optionally(?) display in the keyboard, ads will pay gems, advertisers can only get ads in gems. This is a really nice ecosystem imo and if you don't see value in this then gems probably isent for you.

i am part of the community and so, i am gonna 'react'.

Economy System
Firstly, Yup to omgnaro. PayKey is the Key to the whole GETGEMS Project. But its a useless key if its not part of an Economy System - social market, mobile market, banking and financial services market, etc. PayKey alone, as a keyboard, will not work by itself, without being in an Economy System. It is the EcoSystem that fuels the (1) Advertisers (2) Users (3) GETGEMS Team. Because when we use it and we don't get anything for using it, nobody wants to use a keyboard with *annoying* ads on it. If i am simply going to use it to send money to another user, i can easily find an alternative (another app) for that purpose. This EcoSystem...the 3 mentioned above each plays an important role:

The GEMZ Flow
(1) Advertisers will flock in to show their Ads to us users, to only show to interested people only. so every GEMZ spent will be 100% worthy of spending. a sum of GEMZ will be paid to us.
(2) We, as Users, helped Advertisers advertise by making sure the ads come to us, interested parties only! So Fashion for Ladies ads will only go to ladies interested in Fashion. Not to men. So we are getting paid for having done a very simple job and by playing a very simple role - choose what ads you are interested in, search for what ads you are interested in or get asked to view an ad by said brands/companies. Yes...that simple yet the difference it makes for advertisers is game changing.
(3) For every transaction, GETGEMS TEAM will get 0.5% of it to fund its operations and services: pay employees, elec and water bills, any outsourced jobs like maintainence, office rental, etc. so we get 99.5%.

Contribution to the EcoSystem
(1) Advertisers buy GEMZ and show ads of their products, services, etc.
(2) Users direct the ads to themselves without Advertisers directing it to them. We get paid for doing that + expanding the social GEMZ Network and whatever else...
(3) GETGEMS Team provides this wonderful technology, platform, space and services, for us and them, for everyone, to make all these possible. they take a cut (0.5%) from each transaction.

someone send you money using Paypal, you can get less than 90% and Paypal can get more than 10%. You are not even earning. you get less than 100%. For receiving money, your total net worth in Paypal is >-10% (loss) while in GETGEMS its -0.5% (loss). GETGEMS is 20 times better. OH WAIT! that's sending money. You can't earn in Paypal. But you can in GETGEMS. So when getting GEMZ, total net worth is +99.5% (profit).

Money Mis-spent, Misuse, Misinvested...
Now, reading several pages back from this page onwards of this thread, there appears to be some kind of misunderstanding of how the Early Buyers Funds are being misused or misinvested or whatever you want to call it. Firstly, i don't think Daniel and his GETGEMS Team are stupid enough to completely separate PayKey and GETGEMS, to the point whereby we can throw out GETGEMS out of this world.

Even if PayKey ends up being a standalone app in which we can download it without downloading GETGEMS, i foresee that the GETGEMS app will still be required to enjoy the full benefits of PayKey, logically speaking. And if that is really the case, the PayKey may ask the user to download the GETGEMS app in order to use certain functions of it. such as to receive GEMZ, to store GEMZ, etc. i highly doubt you can do EVERYTHING in a keyboard app. what? you want to squeeze in primedice, transaction history, QR Code, all the settings, chats tab, store tab, earn tab, etc??? all within half the space of a smartphone screen? And obviously, GETGEMS app will be able to do MORE in the future. So yea...you gonna put all those future additions as well into a keyboard app???

No...clearly no. PayKey need GETGEMS App to handle those stuff, to manage, to do more than what a keyboard can do. the keyboard, PayKey, will just be one of the critical components of the whole GETGEMS Project. it is not simply a "side" project. It is crucial and the other 2 are crucial as well:
-- Without Attention Economy, the other 2 may probably just survive but will lose out to competitiors.
-- Without GETGEMS App, well...i'm not going to be happy using an All-In-One keyboard app. with no art & design whatsoever, it will be an interface with layers of interface.
-- Without PayKey, it will be what we thought we invested in. but man...it's not market breaking, its not taking the world by storm...its not...slam dunk.

Put the 3 together, you better have some really good words to describe it.

Anyway, our funds aren't the only concern here. What about Magma VC's $400k funds? Or CitiBank's if there's any? Never mind the $250k from Buffalo since they won it. How about let's not talk about funds. there are also resources provided by whoever is supporting this GETGEMS Project, services like guidance and advises offered, time and manpower contributed by certain people of high status, etc. How are they all being spent?

Let's not forget that we funded the project to be developed, not its operations. GETGEMS needs to be financed in order to run. Nothing runs free forever (not even mmorpg) only unless you are freaking rich that will lasts for decades or being sponsored by a rich somebody for decades. Transaction fees are nothing...for what we are getting. did you thought of what you are going to get? Yoyo! the GEMZ you fool:

- the daily free GEMZ
- the friend invitation GEMZ
- the airdrop GEMZ
- the Early Buyers Presale Perk GEMZ
- the Ads GEMZ
- who knows what else...(from the Attention Economy)

Conclusion
i think you are being very unfair towards Daniel and the GETGEMS Team. produced in an unethical manner? feel cheated? don't blind yourself. you see that you are getting less when you are actually getting more. you don't like more? getting more makes you feel being cheated? Look at Facebook. If you were an early investor of Facebook, what you are saying is like - you feel cheated because you didn't know Facebook was going to make a Facebook Messenger App that allows users to send money and the App is where all the money is being invested in. not Facebook.com.

Your sense of reasoning is...well...worthy to take note of in the very least but seriously, very poorly timed and absolutely no proofs to back your claims and statements. You want to say this...come back when GETGEMS App suddenly has less downloads than PayKey downloads (only if PayKey is a standalone app).

Tell me which altcoin does this??? which social messaging app does this???
which KEYBOARD does this.......!? Does your Keyboard even pay you!? (my bad for the harsh joke)

My react...is done.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:20:51 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 12:00:34 PM by eightnineten

Since we're all throwing our hat into the ring, I'll just echo what others have said here. I think it's important to note that a small group of people are working their asses off to fulfill a promise to investors, which is unlike most of the terrible coins out there. They're here a year later, pumping out updates and implementing features, while most of us just wait for news. You act as though they owe you every idea they ever think of because you've thrown a few dollars at one of their ideas. You funded one idea; that's it. There was no mention of ownership of the company in the ANN that I'm aware of.

PayKey directly and indirectly benefits GetGems, and without it, we would have Gemz, plus GG Messenger, plus a desktop application. And all of that would be enough to make me incredibly excited. But if PayKey goes mainstream, then Gemz will definitely go up in value.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:07:43 AM

Nice post yoyo and I totally agree with your assessment on the economy system.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:53:16 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 12:07:16 PM by Netnox

There is no doubt about GetGems being one of the most groundbraking Crypto related projects in the making, but there is one very importent thing that is holding up Gemz real potential to increase its price big time.

And that is pairing Gemz with BTC, pairing with bitcoin isn't beneficial to Gemz at all. It's too volatile and when bitcoins price goes up people sell to ride bitcoin and when its price goes down it drags other projects down with it so to me it's a lose lose scenario. Even when in gemz case the project is doing very well its price still depends on bitcoin volatility, this ruins some great efforts imo. It just holds up a projects price like Gemz from growing.

Now what can we do about this issue, other alts can't do anything because if they would only be paired with fiat not many would buy because they have no community outside crypto. Since GetGems userbase eventually will exist 90% outside Crypto they would prefer to buy Gemz with fiat anyway.

Imo Gemz should be just like bitcoin where the majority is trading it with fiat, once the attention economy gets implemented i say we should ditch BTC pairing, it really is holding down some potential in GetGems marketcap. Lets say Bitcoin crashes to 50, this would screw up Gemz price aswell. Put Gemz pairing only against fiat i will bet the Gemz price will appreciate much more.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:38:23 PM

BTC pairing is affecting almost all alts atmo. In previous bitcoin rallies in the past, most Alts would gain alongside it. This time however, people dumped Alts for bitcoin and when bitcoin dived, they converted to fiat mainly which led to a further loss for Alts. So a gemz/fiat option would be ideal in the long run.
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:06:03 PM

desktop gemz app? any news about this?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:26:24 PM

BTC pairing is affecting almost all alts atmo. In previous bitcoin rallies in the past, most Alts would gain alongside it. This time however, people dumped Alts for bitcoin and when bitcoin dived, they converted to fiat mainly which led to a further loss for Alts. So a gemz/fiat option would be ideal in the long run.

The thing is, it's not up to anyone to decide what people trade Gemz against. The market will do what the market will do. Sure, if there is a Gems market in in GetGems app that is strictly Fiat/GEMS that's fine. But, that won't keep exchanges from pairing it with BTC.

What you usually see is the pairing with the most liquidity/activity usually sets the price. So, if you want Fiat/GEMS parings you should get with your favorite exchange, request the pairing and only trade that pair. But, good luck with that.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

desktop gemz app? any news about this?

From the update: "We are very exciting to be creating the GetGems Desktop Client and anticipating its release before the end of November."

btw guys we have created a Marketing/PR group within GetGems, if anyone wants to join send me your username i'll add you.
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:14:19 PM

I hope Paykey will not steal the attention over getgems since this was the initial project which is still in beta phase and not even promoted yet.

Is daniel introducing getgems when he introduces paykey to the bigcrowds? starting to feel like getgems is about to become their number 2 priority.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:14:22 PM

I hope Paykey will not steal the attention over getgems since this was the initial project which is still in beta phase and not even promoted yet.

Is daniel introducing getgems when he introduces paykey to the bigcrowds? starting to feel like getgems is about to become their number 2 priority.

Any success of Paykey will feed into the getgems token AND app, I don't see why that is hard to understand?

Plus the Getgems app is pretty much finished....of course it will keep developing but I mean apart from the advertising/attention model which has already been discussed as not much point until the app reaches a much larger user base.

Put simply its all good.....why the worry and moaning from this thread all of a sudden....especially when the app really is starting to work great.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:38:22 AM

Any success of Paykey will feed into the getgems token AND app, I don't see why that is hard to understand?

Plus the Getgems app is pretty much finished....of course it will keep developing but I mean apart from the advertising/attention model which has already been discussed as not much point until the app reaches a much larger user base.

Put simply its all good.....why the worry and moaning from this thread all of a sudden....especially when the app really is starting to work great.

i just realized...they can't read. So its alright.  no amount of explanation will help. in the end, they will get left behind once it hits mainstream, by then, its probably too late for them Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:54:07 PM

The thing is, it's not up to anyone to decide what people trade Gemz against. The market will do what the market will do. Sure, if there is a Gems market in in GetGems app that is strictly Fiat/GEMS that's fine. But, that won't keep exchanges from pairing it with BTC.

What you usually see is the pairing with the most liquidity/activity usually sets the price. So, if you want Fiat/GEMS parings you should get with your favorite exchange, request the pairing and only trade that pair. But, good luck with that.

I do agree that btc pairing is ruining other projects upside price movement, btc goes up alts go down, btc goes down alts go down. I hope the majority of trades happen through gemz/fiat outside of an exchange. Hopefully GG with the connections they have in the financial industry they introduce a way for users to buy Gems with fiat without going to an exchange, preferably from the app.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:20:53 PM

I do agree that btc pairing is ruining other projects upside price movement, btc goes up alts go down, btc goes down alts go down. I hope the majority of trades happen through gemz/fiat outside of an exchange. Hopefully GG with the connections they have in the financial industry they introduce a way for users to buy Gems with fiat without going to an exchange, preferably from the app.

I agree, buying/selling directly from the app against fiat would be a great feature... after all, it's a wallet. That might violate the in app purchase rules in iOS though... I'm not sure. SB fine in Android app.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 04:04:00 PM

All this speculation about gemz/paykey... Why dont the Devs respond?

_@/'
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:11:12 PM

They are planning on setting up an AMA session on zapchain. 

-tb-

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:16:37 PM

See the latest development update, they are going to compete at the regional finals of ubs finance challenge tomorrow representing GetGems. An ama is probabaly after that.
glavos

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:39:19 PM

Devs are having lots of work with introduction gems/paykey around the world.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: