Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:32:06 PM

Could we have weekly statistical growth of the network?

There isn't much to play with lately, can we just have stats of the amount of new downloads every week just to have something to chew on while bigger news are coming? I don't think there was anything new posted for more then a month so that would be appreciated.

Latest total downloads for iOS and Android are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg14034982#msg14034982
+85,000 users, expecting to reach 100K in less than 30 days.

3968 downloads in the last 7 days on iOS:

Great at this rate we might reach 100k even in the next 2 weeks combining both ios and android.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:34:13 PM

Thanks Daniel,

What amount are we aiming at when you say require critical mass, a million or more/less?

Nice to see we are getting to 100k, seems 10k downloads p/m has raised to 15k p/m.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

Thanks Daniel,
What amount are we aiming at when you say require critical mass, a million or more/less?
Nice to see we are getting to 100k, seems 10k downloads p/m has raised to 15k p/m.

There is no clear answer to your question. From the analytics we get from the GetGems Advertising group we will be smarter and able to build a value proposition for advertisers / businesses.  
dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:19:51 PM

Do I have to keep repeating myself AE will never create value to gems. I keep saying you need to have some way of using the gems for something useful or having in wallet buying otherwise the project is a dud run by a scammer.
Kuriko

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:30:43 PM

Do I have to keep repeating myself AE will never create value to gems. I keep saying you need to have some way of using the gems for something useful or having in wallet buying otherwise the project is a dud run by a scammer.

You think it will never bring value to gems but you have no idea what you are talking about.

AE will bring value by directly buying gems for the advertising purpose. Right now If I were to buy 10k gems lets say so  I can advertise. The reward of these 10k gems would be splitted amongst thousands of user instead of having it remain under 1 user for a potential future dump.

These 10000 gems will turn to be 2-3 gems for a couple of thousands of users, these thousands of users wont be trying to sell these 2-3 gems for a ridiculously small profit so what happen? they will be holding these gems in hope of a higher accumulation to purchase in app gift card or what ever will be introduced in the future.

10000 less gems on the sell wall will make 10 000 gems less to buy from the market and conclude in a price rise. This wont happen over night but slowly as the demand grow you will see the price of gems exponentially grow.

If we go with your logic there is not a single coin out there that have the capability of bringing value to their own coin, its the same principle of asking for more adoption with bitcoin. What exactly make bitcoin a high value coin? the potential of see it grow and the use people make of it. The same logic must be applied to gems. The more users the higher the demand. The more purchase for advertising purpose the less bulk supply we will see. 

Your fear comes from the fact that these coins will eventually end up being sold on the market, but this is just not what happens. Right now the demand is low since there is not a big enough userbase.  You need to give it time just like any other altcoin out there a dump can happen any time. There is more use to gems then only the advertising purpose but this advertising industry is a real money maker. If you really don't feel like holding just give it up already this wont be a fast process.
omgnaro

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:39:48 PM

Quick chart i whipped up from numbers given by Daniel.
I had to estimate the first 2 android numbers but the last one is accurate. As you can see since 11/24/15 GetGems has gotten 57K new users and the rate at which iOS is getting new users is clearly increasing. Pretty good if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the story with android as well if we had real data instead of estimates

Kuriko

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:00:40 PM

Quick chart i whipped up from numbers given by Daniel.
I had to estimate the first 2 android numbers but the last one is accurate. As you can see since 11/24/15 GetGems has gotten 57K new users and the rate at which iOS is getting new users is clearly increasing. Pretty good if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the story with android as well if we had real data instead of estimates

Great looking growth, the more users the faster it will grow. Whatsapp got to 200m in 2 years with a fully built bug free app. In the 2years following they went from this to over 800m!

Were going to get there slowly  but it will happen!
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:37:26 PM

Huge potential. What other virtual currency do you know has this platform? GEMZ should be at $1.00++
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:05:52 PM

Do yall think GG will hit a million downloads this year?
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:23:34 PM

Huge potential. What other virtual currency do you know has this platform? GEMZ should be at $1.00++

Bingo!  That's why there are a group of us that are more excited about Gemz than about any other alt out there. Once downloads/users hits a certain threshold, big investors/advertisers will want in, and once that happens Gemz is going to go nuclear.

No other alt out there has nearly the same potential as Gemz (IMO).
softstorb

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:49:06 PM

Bingo!  That's why there are a group of us that are more excited about Gemz than about any other alt out there. Once downloads/users hits a certain threshold, big investors/advertisers will want in, and once that happens Gemz is going to go nuclear.

No other alt out there has nearly the same potential as Gemz (IMO).

That's cute and all but altcoins don't go up unless whales are in. Just look at some of the shitty coins lately. They have nothing new to offer but whales are keeping them alive that's how it works.

The gems whales are supposed to be these " advertisers" This project has been running for more then a year and went from being pumped to 10k sat to constantly going down and soon probably will be under 2000 satoshis.

The main reason this coin went from 10k to 2k is because there is simply nothing happening here. We are looking at days passing while they fix imaginary bugs which holders have no idea what bugs are being fixed. Ive seen no change with this app in term of technicality in the past 2 months, so what is being done exactly here?
PatHolsg

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:22:15 PM

In 5 years maybe, This is a ghost town. Community as well as inside the app different groups. Barely see 10-15 people active. Its understandable since there is nothing good happening like softstorb stated.
omgnaro

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:17:34 PM

In 5 years maybe, This is a ghost town. Community as well as inside the app different groups. Barely see 10-15 people active. Its understandable since there is nothing good happening like softstorb stated.

Do you live under a rock? If we sustain the current growth we will reach 1M users within a year. (80K users this month, 50% increase a month) 120k, 180k, 270k, 405k, 600k, 900k, 1.350M by October. Will GetGems continue to grow at the same pace? I dont know, but it has for the past 4 months. Devs are still actively updating the app (iOS still isent on android levels), and Airdrop / AE entices new users.
omgnaro

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:25:21 PM

I think that we should incorporate a community market. For example i would like to see it be easy to upload stickers to the GG store and have users buy them for say 2gemz (1 going to charity/w.e 1 going to the content creater). This idea can be expanded into themes, fonts, sounds, ect.  I think this type of community marketplace would be a great benefit to the GetGems App because it would allow people to spend there gemz. This would also be a huge benefit to the content creator and make a huge marketplace for them, just consider if GG did reach 1M users and you made the most popular sticker pack with 800K buys. Thats 800K gems for a sticker pack! That is a great reward for the content creators and i think because of this we will see alot of high quality content
PatHolsg

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:03:41 PM

Do you live under a rock? If we sustain the current growth we will reach 1M users within a year. (80K users this month, 50% increase a month) 120k, 180k, 270k, 405k, 600k, 900k, 1.350M by October. Will GetGems continue to grow at the same pace? I dont know, but it has for the past 4 months. Devs are still actively updating the app (iOS still isent on android levels), and Airdrop / AE entices new users.

Yep a nice growth while there was still some hype. Keep in mind these are downloads and in no way this app is providing features that attract non cryptoers to keep using it.

Who cares about airdrop and AE when you just want to download a messenger?  Some people have been complaining about the fact that attention is more on paykey then getgems and thats the truth. Thats why this app wont make it to 1M anytime soon.

Stop thinking we are almost at 100k users were far from this I wonder if there is even 10k users on the app. Downloads and users are 2 different things.

By the way Daniel should introduce a thread for paykey as a part of the GetGems Company, since paykey was clearly funded with Some of the Getgems ICO.

Why  Keeping both project completely separete when the same funds were used to start both?
omgnaro

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:15:09 PM

Yep a nice growth while there was still some hype. Keep in mind these are downloads and in no way this app is providing features that attract non cryptoers to keep using it.

Who cares about airdrop and AE when you just want to download a messenger?  Some people have been complaining about the fact that attention is more on paykey then getgems and thats the truth. Thats why this app wont make it to 1M anytime soon.

Stop thinking we are almost at 100k users were far from this I wonder if there is even 10k users on the app. Downloads and users are 2 different things.

By the way Daniel should introduce a thread for paykey as a part of the GetGems Company, since paykey was clearly funded with Some of the Getgems ICO.

Why  Keeping both project completely separate when the same funds were used to start both?

OK i see what you mean, so lets assume only 10% of the people who download it are active. So you'd need 10M downloads for 1M users. Following that rate of downloads GG will hit it march of next year. And id argue that as the downloads increase user retention will increase as well because people will keep using the app to chat with there friends.
PatHolsg

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:19:18 PM

Why  Keeping both project completely separate when the same funds were used to start both?

OK i see what you mean, so lets assume only 10% of the people who download it are active. So you'd need 10M downloads for 1M users. Following that rate of downloads GG will hit it march of next year. And id argue that as the downloads increase user retention will increase as well because people will keep using the app to chat with there friends.

10% is speculation could be more but I would say it is wayyy wayy less. Right now only people using it are probably coins holders. The ad channel is a total failure in my opinion since people just open it quickly look at it and then ends up closing the app since they have no1 to talk too ( for most of them)

short term/mid term/long term    which ever your in for, the way this is going is a direct failure.

Daniel need to start advertising Paykey and getgems as being from the same company and stop hiding developments and future projects on both apps. Where the roadmap here? all we can do is wait and hope that tomorrow will bring something new? I got 35 000 gemz from the ICO late stage price and holding since then but right now its pure bullshit to have to wait not knowing whats coming and when its coming.
Kuriko

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:15:32 PM

10% is speculation could be more but I would say it is wayyy wayy less. Right now only people using it are probably coins holders. The ad channel is a total failure in my opinion since people just open it quickly look at it and then ends up closing the app since they have no1 to talk too ( for most of them)

short term/mid term/long term    which ever your in for, the way this is going is a direct failure.

Daniel need to start advertising Paykey and getgems as being from the same company and stop hiding developments and future projects on both apps. Where the roadmap here? all we can do is wait and hope that tomorrow will bring something new? I got 35 000 gemz from the ICO late stage price and holding since then but right now its pure bullshit to have to wait not knowing whats coming and when its coming.

I know you wont but what if I buy you out at 2800 sat all your 35k gems?

If not just be patient im pretty sure we are getting a nice update soon calm down. You should be exited about paykey but I understand your concerns when you see the big volume others coins are getting you probably feel like gems is missing on this but thats not the case.

Do you really believe paykey is not going to profit gems? Citi bank is a huge name and when Daniel's team product is going to be ready and they will start monetising it , gems will fly directly toward success.

My offer still stands for your coin I dont blame you for your concerns  your totally entitled to them since you invested here.
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:27:19 PM

Time to get gemz!!
Buy when nobody wants them.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:41:05 PM

finally some action, i dont care which way just wanted some exitement lol, we are nearing bottom tho, after that only upwards.
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: