Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
TonyHill

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:57:52 PM

Hello people!  Smiley I do not know what you are arguing here, but I do not mind in the joint award of the logo.
As for my work - I do not just repaint it. Font has been changed, as I lined it and made 2 options buttons.
And go to the forum - http://litecoindark.net
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AminerMiner

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:05:08 PM

Hello people!  Smiley I do not know what you are arguing here, but I do not mind in the joint award of the logo.
As for my work - I do not just repaint it. Font has been changed, as I lined it and made 2 options buttons.

but you have to admit that with the right program thats done pretty easy.. good job on the forum tho!!!

Litecoindark (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:09:00 PM

I personally feel that the original author should receive the entire originally offered bounty for the logo, but have no qualms about allowing an additional bounty (valued between 5% to 10% of the original bounty) for the recolor.  Anyone else have input on this?

Agreed

BTC: 1JwLwhZNy8CtKL92NcwNHJNFB8gwF1kRN2
JCJr222

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

I personally feel that the original author should receive the entire originally offered bounty for the logo, but have no qualms about allowing an additional bounty (valued between 5% to 10% of the original bounty) for the recolor.  Anyone else have input on this?

Agreed

I would think this to be a suitable way to go considering it was the edited version that received an overwhelming response in votes, but would not have even been up for consideration without the work of the original designer.
TonyHill

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:18:36 PM

Hello people!  Smiley I do not know what you are arguing here, but I do not mind in the joint award of the logo.

but you have to admit that with the right program thats done pretty easy.. good job on the forum tho!!!

I did not understand you. What do you want me to answer you? Was it easy?
It took 1.5-2 hours time. I do not think that the creator of the red variant spent more, although the idea deserves a lot of respect.
But what these complaints? Once wrote that do not apply to the entire award, and the 1st creator wrote that he was not at all interested in money. Now he complains.
What kind of nonsense? : D

Agreed

I would think this to be a suitable way to go considering it was the edited version that received an overwhelming response in votes, but would not have even been up for consideration without the work of the original designer.

I'm sorry, but how many creators altcoins asked permission from the original owners to change the code or creating a fork?

We seem to be engaged in the development of the collective, and each brings something different to the development. This also applies to code. Why find out who is on how much % was important.
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

well anyways maybe a split of sort is the best then with the two people if they agree on it fine by me  Smiley
Litecoindark (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:46:11 PM

It took 1.5-2 hours time. I do not think that the creator of the red variant spent more, although the idea deserves a lot of respect.
But what these complaints? Once wrote that do not apply to the entire award, and the 1st creator wrote that he was not at all interested in money. Now he complains.

Agreed

I'm sorry, but how many creators altcoins asked permission from the original owners to change the code or creating a fork?

We seem to be engaged in the development of the collective, and each brings something different to the development. This also applies to code. Why find out who is on how much % was important.

We Will Solve this. I Will pm the orginal dev, mainwhile focus yourself at the forum.

BTC: 1JwLwhZNy8CtKL92NcwNHJNFB8gwF1kRN2
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

+1
mothermole1

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:47:05 PM

Agreed

Mate, now you're being slightly unattractive. The original designer created the logo. You copied it an changed some colours and a font. I've done graphic design for years and I know how much effort goes into creating a symmetrical and simple logo. YOur efforts involved a lot less design work than his. Your colour may have won he vote, but his design was what we are looking at. Take the 10% of what is being offered and stop trying to act like a child who didn't get a reward for washing dad's car really badly with a hose, while the older brother used wax by hand.
AminerMiner

Activity: 591

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:51:07 PM

lol.. that was kinda what i was typing.. only u expressed it much nicer sir  Cheesy -edit- im not designer but do play around with design progs sometimes. and those changes arent alot of work.
IF THAT TOOK YOU 2 HOURS ur doing it wrong  Tongue

jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:55:41 PM

Agreed

Mate, now you're being slightly unattractive. The original designer created the logo. You copied it an changed some colours and a font. I've done graphic design for years and I know how much effort goes into creating a symmetrical and simple logo. YOur efforts involved a lot less design work than his. Your colour may have won he vote, but his design was what we are looking at. Take the 10% of what is being offered and stop trying to act like a child who didn't get a reward for washing dad's car really badly with a hose, while the older brother used wax by hand.

lol
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:03:07 PM

Please remove TonyHill's logo on vote.

This person is a thief and stole my logo.

Just changing the color participated in the contest.

Regards.

My original logo (September 14, 2014, 05:03:58 AM): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781305.msg8811973#msg8811973

TonyHill's: (September 20, 2014, 08:50:09 AM): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781305.msg8900789#msg8900789

Yes, it's exactly teh same but different colour.

This blue logo should be:

1. Either removed
or
2. Contributed to 7vpo as originator. If this blue version wins then 7vpo should receive 100% of the price because TonyHill has not asked 7vpo for permission to use his design. Although he mentioned sharing the rewrad but nor exaplained how much he wants to share:

TonyHill
"My version - it's not your work. But relax. I wrote that altered your example to the current status.
1 sample is a good idea, and I developed it and completely finished.
In any case, if my version will win - you will get a part of the established awards. It will be fair."
My task is to help and support of the community for the development of the coin. Let's do it together:)"

We can make a little voting for this, I am fine with it. The original developer get 65% of the bounty for example.

I think she/he should receive 95%. I wouldn't expect to give someone 35% just because they changed the colour...
But that's up to originator to decide how much he is willing to share...

And if he doesn't want any reward then you can for example let the community vote/decide on where to allocate this reward instead. On LTCD development, some charity or whatever else...
Gravy

Activity: 279

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

i just want a wallet that syncs   Roll Eyes
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:28:49 PM

i just want a wallet that syncs   Roll Eyes

Do you have any connections to the network?

Debug console, getblockhash 20000

If it doesn't report c4203f4bd41907ed62f4153eed6473a995a02fccdd198ee188eff60080bfca4e something weird happened.  Delete blocks & chainstate.

Debug console again: addnode 24.199.222.230 add

Try this.  Also verify that you are on version 1.1.0-pre1-dev.  

As for the logo, I really like both versions of this logo, and do in fact prefer the blue one, however it is rather cut and dry that it is a derivative work, and the logo was never offered under an open license.  It was offered in a competition for a bounty, community-oriented, yes, but a competition nonetheless.  If the work is accepted, we would still need some form of license agreement with the original author to be able to use it at all, be it creative commons or whatever.

The recolor was done without license and cannot be accepted without permission of the original author, which was not given.  I'd say that this particular discussion is not up to the community at large, nor even the developers.  Whether or not the logo should be allowed to be submitted is between the original author and the designer who recolored it and/or redesigned it.

When comparing this to the many altcoin forks the difference is in the license agreement.  We are modifying sources that are licensed to us under an open source license.  The agreement expressly allows us to do so.  There is no accompanying license agreement with this logo submission, and unless the original is selected as a winner and we are subsequently issued an open license (at which the point would be moot), or unless the original creator agrees to supply some sort of license agreement (perhaps via compensation in either LTCD, BTC, USD, or whatever else they decide upon) I cannot in good faith condone allowing the recolor entry.

Apologies if this offends anyone, but we've reached a discussion that ties directly into the heart of copyright law.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

Please remove TonyHill's logo on vote.

This person is a thief and stole my logo.

Just changing the color participated in the contest.

Regards.

My original logo (September 14, 2014, 05:03:58 AM): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781305.msg8811973#msg8811973

TonyHill's: (September 20, 2014, 08:50:09 AM): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781305.msg8900789#msg8900789

Yes, it's exactly teh same but different colour.

This blue logo should be:

1. Either removed
or
2. Contributed to 7vpo as originator. If this blue version wins then 7vpo should receive 100% of the price because TonyHill has not asked 7vpo for permission to use his design. Although he mentioned sharing the rewrad but nor exaplained how much he wants to share:

TonyHill
"My version - it's not your work. But relax. I wrote that altered your example to the current status.
1 sample is a good idea, and I developed it and completely finished.
In any case, if my version will win - you will get a part of the established awards. It will be fair."
My task is to help and support of the community for the development of the coin. Let's do it together:)"

We can make a little voting for this, I am fine with it. The original developer get 65% of the bounty for example.

I think she/he should receive 95%. I wouldn't expect to give someone 35% just because they changed the colour...
But that's up to originator to decide how much he is willing to share...

And if he doesn't want any reward then you can for example let the community vote/decide on where to allocate this reward instead. On LTCD development, some charity or whatever else...

This is like, one man creating a game. And another man changing the color of the cover and being rewarded for someone else imagination. The design is what counts, if the color need to be change, should of ask the original creator to change it. A Good Community would not let one get cheated, and let another be the one to collect the rewards for another man creation. To be fair to one is to be fair to all, To be unfair to one is to be unfair to all. Someone should not have touch another man design or imagination, but should have asked for the changes to be made. I vote that the original creator get the reward, and if he decide to share it, it should be up to him. That is the right thing to do. Should not reward others for another man good works.
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:36:34 PM

This is like, one man creating a game. And another man changing the color of the cover and being rewarded for someone else imagination. The design is what counts, if the color need to be change, should of ask the original creator to change it. A Good Community would not let one get cheated, and let another be the one to collect the rewards for another man creation. To be fair to one is to be fair to all, To be unfair to one is to be unfair to all. Someone should not have touch another man design or imagination, but should have asked for the changes to be made. I vote that the original creator get the reward, and if he decide to share it, it should be up to him. That is the right thing to do. Should not reward others for another man good works.

I agree on all but one point:  No permission was ever given to use the original author's work, therefore I submit that unless some sort of agreement can be reached between the two of them I don't feel that the recolor should even be allowed entry as it is (even if it is modified) clearly a derivative.

This isn't for us to decide.  Let them decide whether or not to allow it entry and how to divide reward, and if either logo wins the vote, we will abide by their decision on how to divide the bounty.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
mothermole1

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

I agree on all but one point:  No permission was ever given to use the original author's work, therefore I submit that unless some sort of agreement can be reached between the two of them I don't feel that the recolor should even be allowed entry as it is (even if it is modified) clearly a derivative.

This isn't for us to decide.  Let them decide whether or not to allow it entry and how to divide reward, and if either logo wins the vote, we will abide by their decision on how to divide the bounty.

Words of reason. To the two logo designers: come to an amicable agreement and we will support the winning logo wholeheartedly
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:55:52 PM

I would allow 5% of the reward to go to the Blue Logo owner if that one is the winner.

5% consists of about how much change there is in the logo from the original.
zugvogel21

Activity: 995

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:24:45 PM

Hi Guys.

Whats new?Huh?

I have not been online and have missed 19 pages of chitta chatta!!!

Can anyone briefly fill me in.

By the way its good to be back and I missed you.

Kind regards

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
TonyHill

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:32:13 PM

each ground squirrel in a field agronomist (c)  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: