Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:42:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736731 times)
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

@bitcad4u,
my idea is SuperNET just gives you exposure to different coins and technologies it is going to incorporate without having to research and own them. You basically buy the index fund of SuperNET and let others worry about making it profitable. Which has its pros and cons. I wouldn't invest a whole bunch, but staying out of it could be missing an opportunity.

so, I am correct then that supernet is an umbrell company - an investment in supernet is an investment in umbrella corp, umbrella corps idea is to get friends within to cooperate and share, yet umbrella corp has no means or authority / protocols / laws to enforce the sharing?

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.

I think you know from the beginning what this is , and coming here as normal and then little by little twisting, mind games, you said you are not a troll but little by little we see...mind games

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

Great, it's much clearer to me what you are hoping to achieve. I will buy tokens now. It's limitless Wink

The coinomat thing is interesting too and I didn't even know that James was planning on including that service in the superNET. That means there will be a direct fiat gateway usable right there. I'm thinking that with coinomat there the superNET GUI will be able to handle 100% of all your crypto transactions now unless you happen to need to use some other fiat gateway.

Also coinomat has XUSD. Not sure exactly how this works, but I've noticed it trading on Poloniex. Could have some good potential there depending on how it works.
SuperNET should have all the useful features the crypto universe has to offer, but this can also include services from websites and even a centralized exchange like bter!

This is why I keep saying SuperNET is not a coin, it is not competing with a coin anymore than the highway competes with the car manufacturer.

coinomat and bter are making SuperNET GUI versions of their websites and from within the SuperNET GUI most (probably not all) of their services will be directly accessible. bter will be revenue sharing the trade commissions generated by the SuperNET.

I am now being approached by many businesses that are hungering for the big traffics the SuperNET will have. It is like a big highway system with not so many shops at this point, so if you have some great website appropriate for the SuperNET users, then PM me. We can use the NXTventure model for early stage companies or a simple revenue sharing model for existing companies

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

@bitcad4u,
my idea is SuperNET just gives you exposure to different coins and technologies it is going to incorporate without having to research and own them. You basically buy the index fund of SuperNET and let others worry about making it profitable. Which has its pros and cons. I wouldn't invest a whole bunch, but staying out of it could be missing an opportunity.

so, I am correct then that supernet is an umbrell company - an investment in supernet is an investment in umbrella corp, umbrella corps idea is to get friends within to cooperate and share, yet umbrella corp has no means or authority / protocols / laws to enforce the sharing?

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.

I think you know from the beginning what this is , and coming here as normal and then little by little twisting, mind games, you said you are not a troll but little by little we see...mind games
it's ok, if some srmember wants to commit reputation suicide in an effort to slow down the SuperNET, this is his choice. SuperNET peoples are smarter than the average thread, by quite a lot as can be seen by the thoughtful logical responses to troll's "power" punch of calling SuperNET a fad.

The analogy of SuperNET as the highway system, including toll booths, shopping malls, gas stations, basically everything that is useful and people would pay money for, is quite a good one. I am glad the troll came up with that "attack", I think it made it clearer to many the power of SuperNET. This highway fad we have had for cars is lasting quite long Smiley

We are moved to this "Marketplace" section in BTT so we are not being seen and this is the extent of what the enemies of SuperNET can do. They try to prevent others from finding out about SuperNET. They try to convince people SuperNET is anticompetitive.

SuperNET needs intelligent assetholders with conviction. The assetholders will be part of the SuperNET itself. The ones that decide which direction the SuperNET goes. so, we do not want the below average peoples with this power. Let the trolls make the confusions and convince the people who are not convinced, this is fine too. Without conviction, intelligence might know the answer, but it will lack the action needed.

observe
understand
take action

James

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:12:49 PM

Words are important. One word that keeps coming up is "access." Users of SuperNET will have access to the features of other coins, and access to a fiat gateway. Developers and users of these coins will have access to a much bigger, more diverse market. (See the recent posts by Este Nuno, valarmg, and torshammer, who each use precise language to describe SuperNET.)

One word that comes up on the criticism of SuperNET is "control," but this is in error. James is not seeking and will not have control over any of the internal workings of these coins (except for BTCD, for which he became core developer prior to SuperNET). These coins will not be granted control over any of the interoperabilities enabled by SuperNET. Advertisers will not be granted any control over the functionalities or appearances of any aspect of SuperNET.  

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:22:39 PM

Do you think it would be possible for SuperNET to have some sort of plugin into OpenBazaar?
anything is possible

softstorb

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:22:51 PM

i hope great new underestimated coins like XCR , SYS, NODE will find their place under SuperNET  ''umbrella''

Says the guy bagholding all of those said coins.   Roll Eyes

These are all copycat coins with the same boring uses.

The exact same purpose that bitcoin 100 other coins are having.

I think the supernet is aiming for differents crypto concepts than the

usual, I send you coins anonymously and really fast! lol com on now if

these coins are to be chosen in the supernet im selling asap.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Words are important. One word that keeps coming up is "access." Users of SuperNET will have access to the features of other coins, and access to a fiat gateway. Developers and users of these coins will have access to a much bigger, more diverse market. (See the recent posts by Este Nuno, valarmg, and torshammer, who each use precise language to describe SuperNET.)

One word that comes up on the criticism of SuperNET is "control," but this is in error. James is not seeking and will not have control over any of the internal workings of these coins (except for BTCD, for which he became core developer prior to SuperNET). These coins will not be granted control over any of the interoperabilities enabled by SuperNET. Advertisers will not be granted any control over the functionalities or appearances of any aspect of SuperNET.  
Thank you for understanding.
One small correction, the advertisers will have control over the appearance of their advertising, SuperNET is after all in the advertising business and the advertisers are the paying customers. The customer is always right, I think is the expression.

However, I am not liking the flashing blinking annoying advertisings, so there will be some veto power over obnoxious ads. I want SuperNET to be a place where the advertisings are not noticed as adverts, because they are useful

James

valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

i hope great new underestimated coins like XCR , SYS, NODE will find their place under SuperNET  ''umbrella''

i agree with your point on all except node.. it already has instant transactions(i know there isnt really a use case for instant transactions yet) and also will have a payment processor built in. now dont all cryptos need a payment processor? imagine a payment processor got integrated into supernet.. merchants could just adopt the "supernet point of sale system" and hey presto they accept all coins that support supernet. imo there is no two ways about it. supernet will need a payment processor and how cool would it be if another coin could provide that functionality.

Don't know anything about node, but there is already is coinomat/bter for some payment processor functionality.

Personally, I like the idea of functionality that comes without the attachment of a coin. If a feature doesn't require a coin, it'll probably be much easier for all coins to use. When a feature requires a coin, then there may need to be a trade to that coin, then maybe have to load a new blockchain to access the feature. Previously all developers who thought of cool features made a new coin and hoped to get traction on that coin based on the feature. In the future, I hope developers will forget about creating a new coin, and instead just integrate the cool feature directly into the superNET and use an asset to monetize the feature.

There are enough coins all doing similar things, and not enough new features that everyone can use.

moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:51:47 PM

i agree with your point on all except node.. it already has instant transactions(i know there isnt really a use case for instant transactions yet) and also will have a payment processor built in. now dont all cryptos need a payment processor? imagine a payment processor got integrated into supernet.. merchants could just adopt the "supernet point of sale system" and hey presto they accept all coins that support supernet. imo there is no two ways about it. supernet will need a payment processor and how cool would it be if another coin could provide that functionality.

Don't know anything about node, but there is already is coinomat/bter for some payment processor functionality.

Personally, I like the idea of functionality that comes without the attachment of a coin. If a feature doesn't require a coin, it'll probably be much easier for all coins to use. When a feature requires a coin, then there may need to be a trade to that coin, then maybe have to load a new blockchain to access the feature. Previously all developers who thought of cool features made a new coin and hoped to get traction on that coin based on the feature. In the future, I hope developers will forget about creating a new coin, and instead just integrate the cool feature directly into the superNET and use an asset to monetize the feature.

There are enough coins all doing similar things, and not enough new features that everyone can use.

The way these developpers try to monetize their features is by creating these coins.

we know they wont be making much if its not by creating a new coin since

who is ready to pay for such features? and how much would these feature cost.

This is the easy way for them.
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

The way these developpers try to monetize their features is by creating these coins.

we know they wont be making much if its not by creating a new coin since

who is ready to pay for such features? and how much would these feature cost.

This is the easy way for them.

That seems the common way at the moment, and it's led to hundred of coins, the vast majority of which will never be used by more than a handful of people. On the other hand, consider some features that aim to build on top of already existing infrastructure, and that have issued an asset to monetize those features. Coinomat ,(Nxtty--right now top 12 on coinmarketcap), InstantDex, Privatebet, etc.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

2014-09-12-14:00:01-GMT SOLD 225854.3886404 TOKEN + NXT AE TOKENS 197319

GOT 1015.11845937 BTC, 9728369.06249495 NXT, 18125.66114836 BTCD, 614515.00937761 CNY
AE 24'745'142.67989353 NXT

Also recv 5403 VIA

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:38:22 PM

This is getting more exciting every day  Smiley
2 questions:
Will you be able to Teleport (some?) assets?
Do you have an under-a-bus plan for the large NXT account, even if it's getting your wife to send the private key to a trusted party? (Ideally, you should aim not to fall under a bus, but these things don't always go to plan).
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:52:19 PM

Now we are hearing some use cases of SuperNET I did not think about. This is exactly what I hope for. The possibilities for SuperNET is limited only by the imagination.

James

Assuming several exchanges join supernet
Does this mean that the supernet can be an easy way to arbitrage between exchanges?
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

I see people come here from time to time to talk about other coins to join supernetwork, I think its not a good idea as soon this will be full of people talking about other coins because thyey have big money invested and want more money if they join supernet, It would be a good idea instead to create another thread where people talk about their coins and what unique feature they have to join supernetwork but in a different thread not in this one. Perhaps there is one already and I don't know Smiley I think people would like to know which coins will join supernet before so they can buy in advanced and make profit.

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:22:19 PM

I see people come here from time to time to talk about other coins to join supernetwork, I think its not a good idea as soon this will be full of people talking about other coins because thyey have big money invested and want more money if they join supernet, It would be a good idea instead to create another thread where people talk about their coins and what unique feature they have to join supernetwork but in a different thread not in this one. Perhaps there is one already and I don't know Smiley I think people would like to know which coins will join supernet before so they can buy in advanced and make profit.

Hello, thank you for your idea Smiley The official way to join supernet core is that the coin developers contact coins@supernet.org. Those people who think coin xyz should go into the core should contact the devs of that coin and ask them to send a mail to that address.

Announcements on which coins will go into the supernet core will be sent via the newsletter at http://thesupernet.org first.

I hear there is quite a list so far.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Now we are hearing some use cases of SuperNET I did not think about. This is exactly what I hope for. The possibilities for SuperNET is limited only by the imagination.

James

Assuming several exchanges join supernet
Does this mean that the supernet can be an easy way to arbitrage between exchanges?
The tradebots are already supporting API for the major exchanges, so yes of course arbitrage is possible even if they are not integrated into the SuperNET GUI

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 10:31:40 PM

2 questions:
Do you have an under-a-bus plan for the large NXT account, even if it's getting your wife to send the private key to a trusted party? (Ideally, you should aim not to fall under a bus, but these things don't always go to plan).
I am a recluse now and only leave the bunker when it is time for the relocation, so the buses they are not a danger Smiley

Teleport for the assets will be possible, but not at first, it requires some extra work

As soon as we are getting the Phasing implemented, then the NXT will be able to use the whole Trustee escrow process like the BTC. I believe we are not so far from this, so I just need to stay alive for just a little while longer. There are already some basic contingency plans in place, but it is safer for the details to be not public

James

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:37:43 PM

2 questions:
I am a recluse now and only leave the bunker when it is time for the relocation, so the buses they are not a danger Smiley

Teleport for the assets will be possible, but not at first, it requires some extra work

As soon as we are getting the Phasing implemented, then the NXT will be able to use the whole Trustee escrow process like the BTC. I believe we are not so far from this, so I just need to stay alive for just a little while longer. There are already some basic contingency plans in place, but it is safer for the details to be not public

James

Are you from another planet, by chance?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 10:40:17 PM

All this talk about making bets, well not sure if that was the cause, but now you can make money based on your ability to predict the outcome of the SuperNET!

https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/supernet-in-top-10-of-coinmarketcap/
https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/supernet-in-top-5-of-coinmarketcap-before-2016/

These two events are quite close to the performance triggers and fairlay was kind enough to model the prediction to match them fairly closely.

So, if you are sure that SuperNET is not any good, then you can make a lot of money just by betting against it.

James

fairlay

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Just a short explanation for those of you how are new to Fairlay. Fairlay is a prediction market where user can predict on the outcome of events. The willingness of user to predict on or against an event can result in a pretty good forecast of events, have a look at: https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/altcoins/

To make it concrete: if you want to predict on SuperNet click on one of the events. Choose "yes" and fill in a odds. Odds are the multiplier. If you choose 3.5 that means you would get 3.5 your money back (if you are right). If you place 1 BTC and you win you will get back 3.5 (minus 2% fee on the netwinning of 2.5). However, you need to find someone taking the other site of the bet. That is why we have "suggest odds". They result from the current order book of this event. We have a "covert" suggested odd. Under this condition someone else is already willing to offer a bet. If you place a bet with this odds it will be directly matched. If you choose the "open odds" you basically make a new offer. It is basically like buying at market price or placing a buy-offer and waiting for it to be cleared.

You find the full order book under "show additional information". If trading starts a graph will appear as well.
Some might find the "advanced form" easier - there is also a "help me" button that will guide you through the process.

Finally a explanation how we came up with the percentages from the odds. There is a direct conversion possible between the odds and the percentage. Lets say you prediction on the coinflip. The percentage is 50%, 50% thus you want to have 2 times your money back if it should be fair. Thus odds of to convert to 50%/50%. If you bet on a dice roll and bet on 6 your winning chance is 1/6 = 16,66%. You would like to have odds of 6. The formula is 1/odds  = percentage. That is the way we calculate the likelihood of an event based on the odds people are willing to predict on it.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: