Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:33:47 PM

supernet is a platform for providing anti-competition.  To innovate you need competition.  Supernet = anti innovation platform.  

Also, superNET is the opposite of anti-competition. It's actually expands the marketplace and puts all the products in services in one 'place'(but that place is not just a single place, it is the network which is accessible from every wallet which has added superNET)  for users to access. Thus making it more competitive. People are going to want to offer the best assets and the best crypto services because the best ones will compete to become part of superNET. This competition will increase the rewards for all developers by expanding the amount of potential users for each service. I think this is at least part of what James means when he says that crypto is not a zero sum game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

So serious question, why if, if I really believed in Ford, would I not just invest in Ford.   Why would I invest in a company that claims to ensure that Ford works nicely with Honda?   Why would I increase this "umbrella" companies marketcap instead of increasing Fords market cap - considering I believe heavily in Ford?

Why would you invest in a mutual fund rather than the individual equities that it holds?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:56:16 PM

Why did the price go down to 121Nxt for a token?

Price of NXt has been rising so this is reflected in the exchange price.

But if I would have my money in Nxt, it would have gone up 10-15%. As I have it in Tokens, it didn´t move.
The price of Nxt is not adjusted if the price of BTC moves. So what is the idea behind this? :-/

wrt to BTC the value of your TOKENS have not changed. wrt NXT they have.

Just like as the USD value of BTC changes so change the values of the other alt coins.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:01:53 PM

I am going to take this a step further, and say its a bad idea to invest in it.  You are now making an investment in someone elses coin selection, someone elses management (centralized) , someone elses technological idea.   Not within your own.   The point about (well now you dont need to research all these things) - if you are not researching what you are investing in then what the hell are you doing wasting your money ?

think about it.

peace.

I think about my Bershire Hathaway stock. BH is basically a holding company that invests in other companies. Why did I buy it, because BH has two things I don't.

1. A huge amount of resources to buy large volumes of undervalued stocks.
2. Because Warren Buffet has made billions by making others millions. He is a rock star investor so I put my trust in him.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:36:46 PM

I am going to take this a step further, and say its a bad idea to invest in it.  You are now making an investment in someone elses coin selection, someone elses management (centralized) , someone elses technological idea.   Not within your own.   The point about (well now you dont need to research all these things) - if you are not researching what you are investing in then what the hell are you doing wasting your money ?

think about it.

peace.

I think about my Bershire Hathaway stock. BH is basically a holding company that invests in other companies. Why did I buy it, because BH has two things I don't.

1. A huge amount of resources to buy large volumes of undervalued stocks.
2. Because Warren Buffet has made billions by making others millions. He is a rock star investor so I put my trust in him.

The thing that makes superNET interesting as well is that not only is it asset backed and holds multiple assets but it is also intended to be a fully functioning profit generating system.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

think about it.

peace.

here is how i understand it.

there will be two groups of coins. The big guys and the normal ones. The big guys will be the "core" and the normal ones will be the ones looking to use the core features.

the "core" coins will be selected based on the unique feature that they can offer. this is my opinion. maybe the dev will chose from other features. but mainly i see the, being something that will be used by most of the coins.

the normal coin should be ones that show great volume in market and future plans. They will be most likely made of not many compelling features and it will not be expected to have features that other coins will use.

Basically the core coins will profit from the normal coins using their feature. The normal coins , being linked up with the core coins , they will benefit using the core coins feature. Think of a copypasta coin joining. all of the sudden they can say that their coin can now send coins out with annon features.

it is hard to understand what and how they normal coin will have to go through to use the annon feature. Let say a normal coin caller NORMALCOIN (aka NORM) and this coin has joined the superNET. To me , the way i see it so far is that , the jLlibrary will link NORM with NXT feature. especially the exchange. NORM coin will be linked with the same exchange as BBR coin that has the annon feature.

now let say i have a friend who i want to send 100k NORM but i want to hide this exchange so i want to use annon feature. I guess i put in the send info (my friends addres and amount) then open an other tab and select annon feature. and send the coin. after certain of times my friend will recieve the NORM coin that came via Annon transactions.

Now here is what i am having trouble to see so this is also my guess. In the back end. Norma and BBR are connected to the same exchange thanks to NXT. I believe when i send my coins , in the back end my coins with auto sell via a bot scrypt , to the highest buyer of NXT. then these nxt will be used to autobuy the lowest sell order of BBR. These BBR will be send to my friend accounts therefore utilizing the annon feature. those BBR coins will autobuy the first sell order of next. then the next will auto sell to the first buy order for NORM coin and these NORM coins will finally we seen in my friends wallet. 

Maybe it will not use NXT coins but it will go straight into NORM>BBR >>send BBR coin>>BBR>NORM>>receive NORM

There fore Core coins will gain from people utilizing their features and normal coin can gain to use features that they do not have.

again , that whole process was my understanding of it. If it basically the way i understand it than this model goes to benefit the CORE coins more. JL has mentioned that normal coin users can choose not to use the features. The normal coin will loose coins as they go through these process due to the spread of the trades but i am sure with proper marketing this will not be bad. Example. send NORM coins with tiny fees. Send NORM coin with SuperNET feature and it will cost you %0.30 fees.

I am sure some people will not mind paying a fee to use features.   

Overall the idea is nice but it expects every coin community to play fair.

there is an other thing i havent understood well exactly. Before any coin is added JL has to buy or be given %10 of all the coin or something. I don't understand how that is justified. one person should not own %10 of any coin.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:58:46 PM

that is my understanding of the link between coins in superNET.

as far as SuperNET or Unity Investment. Here is my opinion:

SuperNET will bring revenues if all these coins work together successfully. It seems like the more coin community join in the more revenue they will get from ads and transactions fee.

SuperNET will be a controlled service. while not controlling each coin marker it could regulate a lot of features fees. Where it us higher or lower.

If a lot of hard work is put into it i could see SuperNET investment grow. But it will be at the cost of all the coin that join. And as mentions the more coin with the bigger the communities the better.

since a lot of coin are using Supernet hype to try to hype their prices , once supernet opens their doors to more coins they will get a lot of coins signing in. Especially the new coins lunched for pump and dumps.

therefore i see invesmtent returned good at first , but then JL has to decided if it will take the harder path and make sure no community uses them for pump and dumps , or the easier path. allow any coin to coin and profit from the pump and dumps and have a graveyard of dead new coins.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:06:25 PM

i hope great new underestimated coins like XCR , SYS, NODE will find their place under SuperNET  ''umbrella''

IOTA
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

SuperNET will bring revenues if all these coins work together successfully. It seems like the more coin community join in the more revenue they will get from ads and transactions fee.

SuperNET will be a controlled service. while not controlling each coin marker it could regulate a lot of features fees. Where it us higher or lower.

If a lot of hard work is put into it i could see SuperNET investment grow. But it will be at the cost of all the coin that join. And as mentions the more coin with the bigger the communities the better.

since a lot of coin are using Supernet hype to try to hype their prices , once supernet opens their doors to more coins they will get a lot of coins signing in. Especially the new coins lunched for pump and dumps.

therefore i see invesmtent returned good at first , but then JL has to decided if it will take the harder path and make sure no community uses them for pump and dumps , or the easier path. allow any coin to coin and profit from the pump and dumps and have a graveyard of dead new coins.

SuperNET is very selective. All these hypothetical coins you're referencing will not be a part of superNET. It won't be easy to become part of the network. So far the only confirmed member other than core member BTCD is BBR. And BBR is a coin that's been out for a while and currently has the best transaction anonymity in crypto, as well as a developer widely regarded to be one of the best in the space.

The coins that are a part of superNET should benefit from increased user base and increased usage. Theoretically there shouldn't be any downside to joining superNET in the long run once it's fully developed and secure. Joining superNET will be a motivator for new coins to develop new and unique technologies that can provide value and earn themselves a place in superNET.
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:04:51 PM

i hope great new underestimated coins like XCR , SYS, NODE will find their place under SuperNET  ''umbrella''

Says the guy bagholding all of those said coins.   Roll Eyes
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:15:14 PM

So I want to understand "SuperNet" better - so please do not think I am here trolling or whatever.  My questions are serious.

So supernet seems to be like a "Stock" that represents a "group of coins" which are all part of this "stock" - the goal of this stock is to have all these coins within, work together, share ideas, share benefits on advert costs - basically share to the point of becoming a better crypto space?  and so on ?   (please correct me if I am totally wrong)

So I am trying to get my head around lets say if this was a supernet for "motor indusrty" - so lets say we had ford, GM, toytoa, mazada, etc... what benefit would these companies have in joining a auto supercar company.  Whereby, the autospercar companies goal was to make the auto companies within, work together, share ideas, share buildings, share parts, share revenue streams adn advertisements.  What benefit would that have to each of these auto companies ?   and why does such a thing not exist for the auto industry ?

It would appear to me, that investors who are investing in supernet are making an investment in a comapny whose goal is to try and get competing brands to cooperate for the greater good of crypto, or or the greater good of car companies (lets say).   

So serious question, why if, if I really believed in Ford, would I not just invest in Ford.   Why would I invest in a company that claims to ensure that Ford works nicely with Honda?   Why would I increase this "umbrella" companies marketcap instead of increasing Fords market cap - considering I believe heavily in Ford?

These are all serious questions - please reply with serious response only, I really am trying to wrap my head around this supernet idea.  thank you for your time.

The fund part of SuperNET is just one of four major parts of SuperNET
https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?topic=41.0 has a summary

If SuperNET is for cars, it would be the highway system. The highway system is not a car, but it helps all car manufacturers by making cars more useful. This will of course make the car makers more valuable, but the highway system, it has some automatic toll booths where some small amount of fees are charged when it is used to the drivers. There are also advertising billboards that Coca-Cola pays advertising for. We cannot forget the restaurants that make the meals for the hungry drivers, they are also sharing some of their revenues with the SuperNET.

20% of all these revenues are then shared with the car manufacturers proportional to their contribution, so investing in the highway system is also financially helping the car company.

James

P.S. I am trying to make analogy and the above is not precise.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:20:03 PM

I remember at the very beginning of this year, the trend was "ASIC Resistance".  Coins were competing to have the "best" algorithm.  Then it moved on to the trend of "anon" and again, coins were competing to have the "best" anon.  All of these trends will continue to happen, but that also means people move on from one trend to the next and crypto in general ends up not really going anywhere.

This is why I believe SuperNET will truly have long term potential as compared to everything else that came before it.  It doesn't try to be the best in anything, but rather, it combines the best of everything.  It's an incredibly novel and brilliant idea.  And it has a person (jl777) with a lot of brains and influence behind it to make it all happen.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:24:09 PM

It is not the coins who are sharing. It is the users of different coins who are free to move from blockchain to blockchain through a shared GUI, accessible by a button in the individual coin's wallet. If they chose to remain within their own coin's ecosystem / wallet, that's ok.

There is no force involved. However, there is much profit incentive built in to reward devs who work together and anyone who wants to build a product to be avaialable to the community through the shared gui. That's what the incubator portion of the ico is there for.

Say i have a great idea about how my favorite mini blockchain coin can allow smart contracts to be built on a cellphone in 2 minutes or less, with confirmation in 10 seconds. This sort of app functionality combining two or three coins could be very profitable for a couple of devs from different coins who decide to make it available through the GUI.

Say I have an idea for a reputation system based on proof of burn. I can implement this idea in a small marketplace through the GUI and be up and running in a dozen coins.

Just a couple ideas.
Now we are hearing some use cases of SuperNET I did not think about. This is exactly what I hope for. The possibilities for SuperNET is limited only by the imagination.

The above is a work in progress GUI, to give some visual context. It is HTML GUI so really anything that is possible with HTML is possible to do. With the variety of services that are expected there will most likely need to be some sort of summary page and then you select which service and just use it. All in a single GUI to create a seamless user experience.

GUI skills are very weak in me, so if there are people who are good with GUI, then please the suggestions are most welcome!

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:25:20 PM

@bitcad4u,
my idea is SuperNET just gives you exposure to different coins and technologies it is going to incorporate without having to research and own them. You basically buy the index fund of SuperNET and let others worry about making it profitable. Which has its pros and cons. I wouldn't invest a whole bunch, but staying out of it could be missing an opportunity.

so, I am correct then that supernet is an umbrell company - an investment in supernet is an investment in umbrella corp, umbrella corps idea is to get friends within to cooperate and share, yet umbrella corp has no means or authority / protocols / laws to enforce the sharing?

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.
It is too bad you are impatient to make a decision based on incomplete understanding, but this is OK. SuperNET is not for everybody

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

You can transfer between the coins?  Bitcoin already allows this.. you can transfer any coin into bitcoin and back out to any other coin via any exchange (no) ? Why do we need a supernet (stock)  which is jsut a Nxt stock... to do this?  Bitcoin already is the supernet embracing all the other coins.   The dectenralized exchange built within some of the alt coins could be used already regardless if a coins part of supernet or not...  (again not trolling , but really where is the benefit in INVESTNG in supernet?)

as i said, the exchange is decentralized which is a huge difference, at least to me.

and ofc bitcoin "embraces" the other coins, but supernet is planning to add coins with real potential, which basically gives you a prefiltering of coins.

i see it a little bit like a big physical fruit market, where everyone who wants to enter needs to meet certain quality standards.
also if anyone finds a new method to store fruit better or enhance something etc... they share it among the other fruit sellers.
people who shop on the market can be sure to not buy complete crap and they can choose if the want apples, oranges,...

the ones who organize the market and take care of the quality control etc. take a little of the profit for doing so.

please dont judge me on details...

right then... so you need to ask - what athority and governing does supernet have over quality control?  if supernet says "YOU cant do this"  does the coin within stop doin it?      sounds to my like jl7777 has absolute NO authority over anything within.  No power..  Only promises ... promises it cant enforce
I have no authority, I do not want any authority.
I want to give people choice. They can choose to use SuperNET or not. If they use the coinomat service via SuperNET, then coinomat will be sharing revenues with SuperNET. There is no need for any authority over the coin for this.
I also have ways to reinforce the paying of 1/1024'th of the trade size in InstantDEX, however somebody can certainly fork all of SuperNET, convince the vendors and other coins to join, this is opensource

The one thing that SuperNET will always have that no other copy will have is the funding that is raised and me. Maybe this is enough to make the network effect. If so, then the TOKEN owners will be quite happy. If not, then there is at least all the BTC+NXT backing it as a floor value.

James

pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:31:21 PM

Great, it's much clearer to me what you are hoping to achieve. I will buy tokens now. It's limitless Wink

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

Do you think it would be possible for SuperNET to have some sort of plugin into OpenBazaar?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:37:15 PM

Great, it's much clearer to me what you are hoping to achieve. I will buy tokens now. It's limitless Wink

The coinomat thing is interesting too and I didn't even know that James was planning on including that service in the superNET. That means there will be a direct fiat gateway usable right there. I'm thinking that with coinomat there the superNET GUI will be able to handle 100% of all your crypto transactions now unless you happen to need to use some other fiat gateway.

Also coinomat has XUSD. Not sure exactly how this works, but I've noticed it trading on Poloniex. Could have some good potential there depending on how it works.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

think about it.

peace.

here is how i understand it.

there will be two groups of coins. The big guys and the normal ones. The big guys will be the "core" and the normal ones will be the ones looking to use the core features.

the "core" coins will be selected based on the unique feature that they can offer. this is my opinion. maybe the dev will chose from other features. but mainly i see the, being something that will be used by most of the coins.

the normal coin should be ones that show great volume in market and future plans. They will be most likely made of not many compelling features and it will not be expected to have features that other coins will use.

Basically the core coins will profit from the normal coins using their feature. The normal coins , being linked up with the core coins , they will benefit using the core coins feature. Think of a copypasta coin joining. all of the sudden they can say that their coin can now send coins out with annon features.

it is hard to understand what and how they normal coin will have to go through to use the annon feature. Let say a normal coin caller NORMALCOIN (aka NORM) and this coin has joined the superNET. To me , the way i see it so far is that , the jLlibrary will link NORM with NXT feature. especially the exchange. NORM coin will be linked with the same exchange as BBR coin that has the annon feature.

now let say i have a friend who i want to send 100k NORM but i want to hide this exchange so i want to use annon feature. I guess i put in the send info (my friends addres and amount) then open an other tab and select annon feature. and send the coin. after certain of times my friend will recieve the NORM coin that came via Annon transactions.

Now here is what i am having trouble to see so this is also my guess. In the back end. Norma and BBR are connected to the same exchange thanks to NXT. I believe when i send my coins , in the back end my coins with auto sell via a bot scrypt , to the highest buyer of NXT. then these nxt will be used to autobuy the lowest sell order of BBR. These BBR will be send to my friend accounts therefore utilizing the annon feature. those BBR coins will autobuy the first sell order of next. then the next will auto sell to the first buy order for NORM coin and these NORM coins will finally we seen in my friends wallet. 

Maybe it will not use NXT coins but it will go straight into NORM>BBR >>send BBR coin>>BBR>NORM>>receive NORM

There fore Core coins will gain from people utilizing their features and normal coin can gain to use features that they do not have.

again , that whole process was my understanding of it. If it basically the way i understand it than this model goes to benefit the CORE coins more. JL has mentioned that normal coin users can choose not to use the features. The normal coin will loose coins as they go through these process due to the spread of the trades but i am sure with proper marketing this will not be bad. Example. send NORM coins with tiny fees. Send NORM coin with SuperNET feature and it will cost you %0.30 fees.

I am sure some people will not mind paying a fee to use features.   

Overall the idea is nice but it expects every coin community to play fair.

there is an other thing i havent understood well exactly. Before any coin is added JL has to buy or be given %10 of all the coin or something. I don't understand how that is justified. one person should not own %10 of any coin.
you are very close in your assumptions. The details are always improving, like there can be many paths to take on the highways to get to your destination.

Please do not equate SuperNET to myself. Unless SuperNET is achieving Top5 coinmarketcap I will have 1.5% or less of the SuperNET coins. And when these are PoW coins that continue to mine, this percentage it is shrinking anyway.

There is no assumption of coin communities to "play fair", only that their tech works and is able to be part of a function the user wants to use. If it doesnt work, I dont imagine users will use it very much.

The google analogy is a good one. People will be able to see what the other SuperNET users are using and this would allow for the most popular to rise to the top of the listings. Still, nothing is forced, just ranked.

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

If you think I am going to let any pump and dump coin into the CORE, then you dont know me very well.

I have made many warnings to people that if I am not announcing a coin's inclusion into SuperNET, then their announcing of SuperNET inclusion is either false or meaning that they are adding SuperNET access to their coin. This usage of SuperNET is allowing for 10x increase in the userbase and benefits the SuperNET and also the users of these coins.

I hope it is clear that the SuperNET has many levels of integration

James

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: