Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:23:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHNEST Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 659734 times)
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:10:03 AM

Hellow!
Tell me please how can I buy a used S4 on the cloud and order its delivery to Russia ?

Sale the first NFT of the first foto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:38:38 AM

Hellow!
Tell me please how can I buy a used S4 on the cloud and order its delivery to Russia ?

You will need to purchase 2000 GH of S4 cloud mining in order to be able to receive a used unit.  Once the device is no longer profitable as a cloud miner, you will have 15 days to request miner redemption--you'll need to pay a $50 USD handling fee as well as the shipping costs to your location.

Miner Redemption

1.    If due to falling bitcoin exchange rate or increase in mining difficulty, the electricity fee is greater than 90% of mining revenues, mining contracts on Hashnest will enter a “redemption waiting period”.

2.    As we do our best to keep mining contracts profitable, during this waiting period, revenues will be paid out according to the PPS method.

3.    If owing to a rising exchange rate, the ratio of electricity fees to PPS payout is lower than 90% for a period of ten continuous days, then mining contracts will revert back to the PPLNS method.

4.    During this waiting period, if electricity fees are greater than revenues for a sustained period of ten continuous days, Hashnest reserves the right to retire the machines. When machines are retired, a user’s contract will then enter into the “hardware redemption period”.

5.    Prior to a machine entering into this hardware redemption period, Hashnest will not accept any requests for hardware redemption.

6.    During the hardware redemption period, users are given a period of fifteen days during which requests for hardware redemption must be made.

7.    Customers holding enough GH/s to constitute an entire machine of the associated type (e.g., 1155 GH/s of Antminer S5) are eligible to convert that amount of GH/s into the used unit of the associated type. If a user does not have enough GH/s of the associated kind to exchange for actual hardware, then this user is not eligible for hardware redemption.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:41:04 PM

I doubt S4s will become unprofitable in the short term. Its maintenances fees are not even at 90% yet
TracerX

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:23:24 PM

I doubt S4s will become unprofitable in the short term. Its maintenances fees are not even at 90% yet
Agreed.  It's currently the most profitable option on Hashnest, and is sitting at a ... 68% maintenance fee.  It will be a while before it gets phased out, unless BTC prices drop significantly.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:45:45 PM

Agreed.  It's currently the most profitable option on Hashnest, and is sitting at a ... 68% maintenance fee.  It will be a while before it gets phased out, unless BTC prices drop significantly.

Care to show why its more profitable than the S5? because I would have to disagree with your statement.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:31:51 PM

Care to show why its more profitable than the S5? because I would have to disagree with your statement.

It s more less the same in terms of profitability. The only issue is which of these two will be impacted more when S6 gets out in terms of price.

In order words, which miner ll suffer more price reduction.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:24:25 AM

It s more less the same in terms of profitability. The only issue is which of these two will be impacted more when S6 gets out in terms of price.

not really, there is a pretty clear winner no matter what difficulty adjustments are.  Its the S5 in case anyone is wondering. 

I am sure when the S6 comes out there will be a temporary decrease in price, but it will jump back to the level it should be at quickly since the price of the other offerings don't really rely on the price of any other offering.

TracerX

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:36:56 AM

not really, there is a pretty clear winner no matter what difficulty adjustments are.  Its the S5 in case anyone is wondering.

I am sure when the S6 comes out there will be a temporary decrease in price, but it will jump back to the level it should be at quickly since the price of the other offerings don't really rely on the price of any other offering.

The S5 is more efficient, and therefore more profitable, only if you are are personally hosting the miners.  If, however, you are purchasing the GH from Hashnest, the S4 is more profitable because the price per GH and the cost of maintenance is currently less than that of the S5.  You can feel free to disagree, but the neat thing about Bitcoin is that its reality is dictated by math and nothing else. ;-)

If you feel renting S5 hashrate makes you feel fancier, have at it.  When it becomes more profitable to use S5s on Hashnet, I'll move my holdings to that column.  Until then, it's the S4 (and the math) that adds up for me.
skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:45:15 PM

The S5 is more efficient, and therefore more profitable, only if you are are personally hosting the miners.  If, however, you are purchasing the GH from Hashnest, the S4 is more profitable because the price per GH and the cost of maintenance is currently less than that of the S5.  You can feel free to disagree, but the neat thing about Bitcoin is that its reality is dictated by math and nothing else. ;-)

If you feel renting S5 hashrate makes you feel fancier, have at it.  When it becomes more profitable to use S5s on Hashnet, I'll move my holdings to that column.  Until then, it's the S4 (and the math) that adds up for me.

The slight premium paid for S5 maybe worth as you get bigger protection buffer for potential btc price drop. Already at 210USD/BTC the ROI for both S5 and S4 will be the same (at current hash market prices) and if the BTC dropped more the ROI for S4 would erode much faster than S5. This is worth considering especially now when the BTC price is in permanent downtrend.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:40:32 PM

Actually, I ran all the numbers based on the current price and maintenance charges for various difficulty percent changes, and every single time the S5 had higher payouts in the long run.  So you are right, the math tells the correct tail.  By your logic btw, the S3 is better than the S4 based on current price and maintenance fee.

Also, I asked for you to show your math on why the S4 is more profitable, but you haven't, if your only basing it off of the fact that the maintenance fee is not off in the same proportion as the price, then you are not capturing the whole picture and will not make as much money as you can in the long run.

TracerX

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:20:12 PM

Actually, I ran all the numbers based on the current price and maintenance charges for various difficulty percent changes, and every single time the S5 had higher payouts in the long run.  So you are right, the math tells the correct tail.  By your logic btw, the S3 is better than the S4 based on current price and maintenance fee.

Also, I asked for you to show your math on why the S4 is more profitable, but you haven't, if your only basing it off of the fact that the maintenance fee is not off in the same proportion as the price, then you are not capturing the whole picture and will not make as much money as you can in the long run.

I linked to the math, above.  I'll do it again in longer form: http://nextdifficulty.com/#roi.  Difficulty has zero bearing in this, as we're working with the cost of each GH unit, which will mine exactly the same coin regardless of which chip you are using.

The important factors are the market price per GH of both machines, the cost of electricity (maintenance fees) and the take home after we remove the maintenance fees (which are converted from USD, so you have to take the conversion into account as well, it obviously changes daily).  The S4 will return (based on current market price and maintenance fees) your original investment sooner than the same math on the S5.  You're paying a premium to use the latest gear, which doesn't make sense to me in a cloud mining environment.

In the long run the maintenance fee will knock the S4 off the curve, but currently it's the best bang per GH at the current market price.  If the fees increase because BTC drops, or if the market price increases substantially, then the S4 doesn't makes sense.  That is not the case right now.

Either way, you do you.  My ego can handle it, I promise.  Grin
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

I have held both S3, S4, and S5 hashes. To me the lower you go the more riskier but more rewards you get. Of course having 1th of any of the 3 means S5 will win but if you only have 2 btc you get a lot more GH out of the S3. However now that the price of GH for S3 (used to be around .0048 or so now its .0052+) has spiked I think S4 might be a better buy. I am not doing any math just saying from personal experience.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:34:55 PM

I linked to the math, above.  I'll do it again in longer form: http://nextdifficulty.com/#roi.  Difficulty has zero bearing in this, as we're working with the cost of each GH unit, which will mine exactly the same coin regardless of which chip you are using.

The important factors are the market price per GH of both machines, the cost of electricity (maintenance fees) and the take home after we remove the maintenance fees (which are converted from USD, so you have to take the conversion into account as well, it obviously changes daily).  The S4 will return (based on current market price and maintenance fees) your original investment sooner than the same math on the S5.  You're paying a premium to use the latest gear, which doesn't make sense to me in a cloud mining environment.

In the long run the maintenance fee will knock the S4 off the curve, but currently it's the best bang per GH at the current market price.  If the fees increase because BTC drops, or if the market price increases substantially, then the S4 doesn't makes sense.  That is not the case right now.

Either way, you do you.  My ego can handle it, I promise.  Grin

Good luck I say to you then, I hope we all make a profit.  I will try to get my spreadsheet into google docs and clean it up a bit later.

TracerX

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:40:09 PM

Good luck I say to you then, I hope we all make a profit.  I will try to get my spreadsheet into google docs and clean it up a bit later.

Right on, man.  I'm not so proud that I can't admit if I'm wrong.  I look forward to your spreadsheet.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:40:04 PM

Am I able to change some hash into a code?  I wanted to give my brother some hash for his birthday, but all I am seeing is redeem hash and not a way to code it to give to someone.

Squedge

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:39:35 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 12:41:48 PM by Squedge

*EDIT* This problem has been fixed! HashNest updated their wallet at the time I sent my btc so the address was different, they fixed the problem and all is well I will keep this here incase someone else has a similar problems. Thanks HashNest!

Hi HashNest I have a problem with my balance, on the 29/05/2015 I purchased 348gh/s S4 antminer and 15gh/s S5 antminer at 03:42am 30/05/2015 my balance went to -0.33809551 from 0.00059359. the block took a while and made a negative result which is 0.00012778 - 0.00020428(maintenance fee) which is a total of -0.0000765 which should of left my balance at 0.00051709 still an overall positive balance, however the calculation after the block made my balance -0.33809551 (which is more than i paid for the total gh/s)

heres the screenshots..
http://postimg.org/image/lzn5mvdqp/

a zoomed out version so you can see the top bits "currency" and "type"
http://postimg.org/image/n1ns5vpy1/

I've sent a ticket to which I had an automated response..
"Customer Service :   2015-06-01 09:50:34

Hello,because the block time between one block to other block is too long,the maintaince fees will be higher then profit,so the balance will be a negative value.If this sitiation will keep beyond 10 days,we will stop your mine and repair it.
Thank you!"

After working the maintenance fees out it is still horribly mis-calculated and my balance shouldn't be minus. Please will you look into this as i've sent multiple tickets and responses to your reply and received no response. I have been advised to post on here to try and get a reply.
Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:10:52 PM

Got in touch with this service a while back, and yesterday invested a little bit into it, looking foward to a new Pacmic contract sale or a new miner coming to the service (should take some months), do you guys still recommend buying a hole S5 unit? I saw gh price stays quite stable even with a new miner comes to the market (am i dreaming?)
Well while it stays now i'm content with the service, being one of the biggest, the one that provides more transparency and still having a good "ROI" (GHprice+reward) is something this service (cloudmining) needed long ago.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
SavellM

Activity: 305

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:53:32 PM

Got in touch with this service a while back, and yesterday invested a little bit into it, looking foward to a new Pacmic contract sale or a new miner coming to the service (should take some months), do you guys still recommend buying a hole S5 unit?

I hope we get more news about S6 soon and it has great ROI, as the S5/S4 ROI is a bit long, most of a year (250 to 270 days).
But at the moment I am still buying up whole units eg. 1155 - S5, as if anything happens (can never tell the future) I can do a hardware redeem and get my own miner and either sell it or mine it myself.
skuser

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:14:20 AM

I hope we get more news about S6 soon and it has great ROI, as the S5/S4 ROI is a bit long, most of a year (250 to 270 days).
But at the moment I am still buying up whole units eg. 1155 - S5, as if anything happens (can never tell the future) I can do a hardware redeem and get my own miner and either sell it or mine it myself.

I will bet that S6 will be priced so it has longer ROI than current machines - the argument will be it is more effective so it can mine longer and at lower BTC price

SavellM

Activity: 305

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:25:05 AM

I will bet that S6 will be priced so it has longer ROI than current machines - the argument will be it is more effective so it can mine longer and at lower BTC price

I really hope not Sad

The only issue with HashNest is the LONG ROI.

What you say tho, does make sense but I seriously hope they dont do that.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 303 »
  Print  

Jump to: