Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHNEST Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 659734 times)
Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:41:21 AM

Got in touch with this service a while back, and yesterday invested a little bit into it, looking foward to a new Pacmic contract sale or a new miner coming to the service (should take some months), do you guys still recommend buying a hole S5 unit?

I hope we get more news about S6 soon and it has great ROI, as the S5/S4 ROI is a bit long, most of a year (250 to 270 days).
But at the moment I am still buying up whole units eg. 1155 - S5, as if anything happens (can never tell the future) I can do a hardware redeem and get my own miner and either sell it or mine it myself.

Well i bought 200Ghs on Hashnest today to give it a try, was considering gathering some friends to buy some 3-5 S5 units, but do i get any advantage buy buying them on the shop (it currently has a higher price than market) or if i just buy on market to complete 1155Ghs i will have the same bennefits (i think hardware redeem is all of it)?
Also as the other user said i do think S6 will have similar ROI but at least it can stay competitive for a little more time and also you can always sell the power to achive 130-160% ROI if you don't expect to reedem it.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:27:27 AM

Well i bought 200Ghs on Hashnest today to give it a try, was considering gathering some friends to buy some 3-5 S5 units, but do i get any advantage buy buying them on the shop (it currently has a higher price than market) or if i just buy on market to complete 1155Ghs i will have the same bennefits (i think hardware redeem is all of it)?
Buying the equivalent GH as an S5 from the market has the same benefits (e.g. you can redeem them when they become unprofitable to host) as buying an entire unit.  You did the math right--the market price is currently cheaper than the unit price.
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 04:14:25 AM

Got in touch with this service a while back, and yesterday invested a little bit into it, looking foward to a new Pacmic contract sale or a new miner coming to the service (should take some months), do you guys still recommend buying a hole S5 unit?

I hope we get more news about S6 soon and it has great ROI, as the S5/S4 ROI is a bit long, most of a year (250 to 270 days).
But at the moment I am still buying up whole units eg. 1155 - S5, as if anything happens (can never tell the future) I can do a hardware redeem and get my own miner and either sell it or mine it myself.

I am afraid we will not see " great ROI "  from bitmain anymore.

When bitmain first came out they made units that at times did give " great roi "  They delivered units fast and it is a major reason they have a good reputation still today.  ( I bought quite a few units over the year )

However, the more recent attitude of bitmain is to no longer provide " great Roi " but more of a " fair ROI ".   Bitmain has also admitted and moved the prices of unit in the past quite dramatically based on market conditions so they could maximize profits.  That is what companies do... Bitmain still gives probably the most fair returns but don't expect units to come out where the ROI is less then 100 days.

I am not faulting bitmain, just saying what I believe will happen based on slow changes bitmain has made over the last 6 months.  Hey if the s6 comes out and on launch day the ROI is close to 100 days I will be buying right away Smiley  

You will also need to take into account if the supply of s6 is there and the ROI is decent that will push difficulty up quite steadily as they come online.  Think we saw something similar on the s1....

Hey maybe they will prove me wrong and switch back to giving customers a little more ROI per unit!  It really will depend if/what competition is doing at the time of release.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:29:13 AM

When bitmain first came out they made units that at times did give " great roi "  They delivered units fast and it is a major reason they have a good reputation still today.  ( I bought quite a few units over the year )

However, the more recent attitude of bitmain is to no longer provide " great Roi " but more of a " fair ROI ".   Bitmain has also admitted and moved the prices of unit in the past quite dramatically based on market conditions so they could maximize profits.  That is what companies do... Bitmain still gives probably the most fair returns but don't expect units to come out where the ROI is less then 100 days.

I am not faulting bitmain, just saying what I believe will happen based on slow changes bitmain has made over the last 6 months.  Hey if the s6 comes out and on launch day the ROI is close to 100 days I will be buying right away Smiley  

You will also need to take into account if the supply of s6 is there and the ROI is decent that will push difficulty up quite steadily as they come online.  Think we saw something similar on the s1....

Hey maybe they will prove me wrong and switch back to giving customers a little more ROI per unit!  It really will depend if/what competition is doing at the time of release.

Personally, I do not think S6 s going to be that spectacular. It ll probably offer a modest efficiency boost but having in mind this limping BTC price and overall market conditions, investing big money into R&D of such a product from scratch does not seem very likely.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SavellM

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:15:07 AM

Personally, I do not think S6 s going to be that spectacular. It ll probably offer a modest efficiency boost but having in mind this limping BTC price and overall market conditions, investing big money into R&D of such a product from scratch does not seem very likely.

I agree with all the above even if I dont wish it to be true.

What do people think of KnC figuring out 16nm chips?
They should be very power efficient. I know they dont have a great rep due to past issues.

But if they start to make really profitable miners again would be a good day, and stir up some competition for BitMain Smiley
skuser

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:44:41 AM

I really hope not Sad

The only issue with HashNest is the LONG ROI.

What you say tho, does make sense but I seriously hope they dont do that.

Long ROI is caused by high demand not by hashnest IMHO. Cloud mining just become mainstream so everybody wants to have some GHS. Look at UMISOO, it will never ROI under current price (technically, because ROI time takes longer than bitcoin block halving will happen).

SavellM

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:12:05 AM

I dont fully get this.

IF I log onto HashNest the first screen is my kinda overall summery:

I have 4x S5's so 4620GH/s
Now it says:
24 Hours Earnings
฿ 0.02159271

24 Hours Maintenance
฿ 0.02327526 + $ 0.0

It seems I am paying more in Maintenance per 24 hours than I am earning.
Am I missing something?

But if I go into my S5's it says:
Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

So I dont really know how much I've made/making with HashNest?!
TracerX

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:27:57 PM

I dont fully get this.

IF I log onto HashNest the first screen is my kinda overall summery:

I have 4x S5's so 4620GH/s
Now it says:
24 Hours Earnings
฿ 0.02159271

24 Hours Maintenance
฿ 0.02327526 + $ 0.0

It seems I am paying more in Maintenance per 24 hours than I am earning.
Am I missing something?

But if I go into my S5's it says:
Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

So I dont really know how much I've made/making with HashNest?!

I'm under the impression that the 24 hour earnings are after maintenance fees.  It is slightly confusing, however, as the individual unit page (S4, S5, etc) show your total payout before maintenance fees.
SavellM

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:52:54 PM

Ah...

So its saying in 24 hours I've mined:
0.02159271 + 0.02327526 = 0.04486797 btc

And Maintenance took 0.02327526 leaving me earning 0.02159271 for 1, 24 hour period?
TracerX

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:55:33 PM

Ah...

So its saying in 24 hours I've mined:
0.02159271 + 0.02327526 = 0.04486797 btc

And Maintenance took 0.02327526 leaving me earning 0.02159271 for 1, 24 hour period?

I believe so, yes.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:58:37 AM

They should be very power efficient. I know they dont have a great rep due to past issues.

But if they start to make really profitable miners again would be a good day, and stir up some competition for BitMain Smiley
[/quote]

Sadly I think the only competition might come from spoondilies or similar.

KNC, from what I understand, is now only making hardware for themselves.  What KNC did was overpromise, take a bunch of preorder money and do R&D with that money.  Later people got substandard late equipment that would never ROI and KNC got the funding to cut out customers after it used them as unwilling venture capitalists.   Now KNC doesn't need to sell equipment it can do the R&D and then take advantage of the tech way before the public.

Sadly there is not enough competition and the common home miner equipment buyer has wizened up.  So now that companies can't defraud the masses with preorder promises etc.. they just keep the miners and mine themselves.

Bitmain is one of the last equipment sellers selling to home miners.  Done right that can work very well for them, little risk and if they share some profits with us and sell new equipment at fair prices where everyone makes some money they could very well have a booming business.   Bitmain needs to get the right balance between profit for them and the customer.   If they get too greedy there will be fewer and fewer of us customers left if we never have a chance to ROI.

For me all I want is a chance to ROI as I do it for a hobby.   Smiley

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:28:21 AM

Sadly I think the only competition might come from spoondilies or similar.

KNC, from what I understand, is now only making hardware for themselves.  What KNC did was overpromise, take a bunch of preorder money and do R&D with that money.  Later people got substandard late equipment that would never ROI and KNC got the funding to cut out customers after it used them as unwilling venture capitalists.   Now KNC doesn't need to sell equipment it can do the R&D and then take advantage of the tech way before the public.

Sadly there is not enough competition and the common home miner equipment buyer has wizened up.  So now that companies can't defraud the masses with preorder promises etc.. they just keep the miners and mine themselves.

Bitmain is one of the last equipment sellers selling to home miners.  Done right that can work very well for them, little risk and if they share some profits with us and sell new equipment at fair prices where everyone makes some money they could very well have a booming business.   Bitmain needs to get the right balance between profit for them and the customer.   If they get too greedy there will be fewer and fewer of us customers left if we never have a chance to ROI.

For me all I want is a chance to ROI as I do it for a hobby.   Smiley
[/quote]

I think the main KnC advantage is that SOLAR part. For the first time, they ll be able to offer fee free miners. This ll affect the diff and I hope BTC acceptance as well.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 06:51:38 PM

Anyone notice they have been bringing down the USD price of ANT s5?

Slowly... for a reason... still way above market price...

SavellM

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:08:51 PM

Anyone notice they have been bringing down the USD price of ANT s5?

Slowly... for a reason... still way above market price...

Down by $2 in like a week. Hardly worth writing home about.
But they could be trying to sell their last stock or keep new miners competitive vs market prices.
chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:26:55 PM

2 dollars twice this week...

Just saying they are lowering them now. ( previously they were not budging even as the offering was depreciating in value )

Bitmain's new way of doing business is to use their knowledge of the changing market and what is coming and adjust price accordingly.

They increased the prices quite a decent amount one time when they found out a competitor would not be releasing a product.

They also have decreased the price when bitcoin/usd was having problems ( to sell units ).

Like I said the days of " great roi " are gone but I believe they still do try and give somewhat "fair roi" these days.  Good thing when they are basically the only one selling..

IMO it could be just because of the prolonged depression in btc/usd prices or maybe new units coming soonish.  Then again, probably just trying to bring the shop price closer to the cheaper market price is most likely.

chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 01:38:49 AM

Well my Pacmic is almost paid off now.  Was nice while it lasted... hoping we get a ants 6 PACMIC maybe one day.

TracerX

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:07:29 AM

Well my Pacmic is almost paid off now.  Was nice while it lasted... hoping we get a ants 6 PACMIC maybe one day.

Mine is 85% paid off--I'm hoping that BM will open up those retired assets for a second round.
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:15:25 AM

what was the first pacmic  payout rate  ,   pacmic v2  is 0.45
BITMAIN_Rob

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:10:11 AM

Hashnest is now available in 4 languages Chinese Engling Russian and Spanish.

you can change your languages on top and right of website

https://dn-bitmain.qbox.me/FniqWWWSb1Dxjuq9YWprgb9Z-fXW
BITMAIN_Rob

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:15:09 AM

New PACMIC v2 is on subscribe

Following the success and popularity of Hashnest’s proprietary PACMiC offering, we are pleased to announce that we are continuing this product, although the terms of the new PACMiC will be slightly different than before.

What is PACMiC? Read more here! https://www.hashnest.com/contracts/new?contract_id=2

Hashnest continues to be the leading platform in the cloud mining industry, and is the only cloud mining service which manufactures its own hardware. This significant point allows Hashnest to maintain its competitive advantage over the others. As a trusted supplier of physical mining hardware, Bitmain & Hashnest are able to supply the large real hardware base necessary to run such an operation.

The PACMiC is a cloud mining offering for those who would like lower risk but more steady and reliable payouts from their cloud mining contracts. PACMiC contracts do not charge a maintenance fee, and do not expire based on the cost of bitcoin. In fact, owning PACMiC is a way to hedge against bitcoin price decreases, as PACMiCs give their owners mining revenue payouts even when the price is low.

This new round of PACMiC will offer users 0.45 satoshis per second, per outstanding bitcoin, in bonus payments until the contract expiry.

About PACMiCs

Each PACMiC represents one terahash of mining power, and is sold for 1 BTC. The contract goes into effect immediately upon completion of payment. Once the contract is in effect, users will immediately begin receiving mining revenues equivalent to owning 1TH/s of mining power; payouts made will be according to AntPool’s PPLNS method. Electricity is calculated at 0.098 USD per Kwh, and payment of maintenance is assumed by Bitmain.

Each time a PPLNS payout is made, it will go towards paying back the 1 BTC initial purchase price. Additionally, a bonus payout of 0.45 satoshis per BTC per second is also made to the user. The contract expires when the original 1 BTC purchase price is repaid to the user. In the event that 1 TH/s is not enough to pay for both electricity and pay back the user, the contract will be suspended until such time that payouts are able to made again. Unlike regular cloud mining contracts, a PACMiC does not terminate when the bitcoin price falls too low, it just becomes inactive.

A 1 BTC PACMiC contract represents 1 terahash of mining power, making the PACMiC cheaper than traditional cloud mining contracts. Traditional cloud mining contracts generally price one terahash of mining power between 1.5 and 2 BTC.

If a user were to buy 1000 BTC of PACMiCs, they would receive 1 petahash of mining power. At present bitcoin network difficulty, on the first day the user would receive approximately 10.57 BTC in mining revenues, which count towards paying back the 1000 BTC in capital, and an additional 0.3888 BTC as bonus payment. On the second day, assuming same difficulty and pool luck, the user will again receive the same amount, ~ 10.57 BTC, in mining revenue, but this time the bonus paid will be slightly less than on day one, while the amount paid back to the user, in percentage terms, will be greater than on day one.

With PACMiC, users no longer need to worry about high electricity fees or soaring difficulty. Mining with PACMiC is less stressful.

PACMiC FAQ

What is a Payout Accelerated Cloud Mining Contract (PACMiC)?
The PACMiC is a value-added cloud mining service product from Hashnest. The PACMiC is an electronic contract structured in a new way. BITMAIN will pay all the maintaining cost of the mining rigs, and all the mining revenue will be used to pay back the PACMiC owners. When the principal is not fully paid back, it will share profit with buyers. When the principal is paid back, the mining rigs will belong to BITMAIN. Both principal and profit payments will be made to the contract holder based on the mining revenues of AntPool. Since PACMiC will not bear the maintenance cost, so the payout is accelerated.

Purchasing a PACMiC
In the initial sales open day, one PACMiC will be sold for one (1) bitcoin. Each PACMiC represents one terahash of hashing power. The contract will become active immediately upon receipt of full payment.

Computing principal and profit of an PACMiC
As soon as the PACMiC is activated, payouts will be made through Hashnest in accordance with the mining revenues generated by AntPool’s PPLNS payout method. Profit payments will be made beginning with the first block found by AntPool after the contract’s activation. From the first block until the contract’s expiry, profit will be accumulated every second.

Profit Calculation Method
Unpaid principal (BTC) * 0.45 (satoshis per BTC per second) * time to find a block (seconds).
For every block found, the remaining payout after the profit is paid will count towards the principal payment. After each principal payment is made, the amount is subtracted from the amount of remaining principal.

Please note: information on blocks found will only be transfered to Hashnest.com from AntPool after receiving six network confirmations. Because of this, profit and principal payments will be on a slight delay from the network.

Contract Suspension
If after 120 days, a PACMiC has still not recovered the initial capital for its user, and is not mining enough revenue to pay for its own electricity cost (fixed at 0.098 USD per kWh, calculated using an ideal AntMiner S5 hashing at 100% uptime per PPS payout), whether because of difficulty increase or BTC price decrease, the PACMiC will continue paying out for ten days as though it were running, even if the machine is turned off. If these conditions persist for ten continuous days, the contract will be considered temporarily suspended. During the suspension period, mining revenues and profit payments will also be temporarily stopped. If after the suspension period, difficulty has dropped or bitcoin price has risen, making mining possible again, the contract will be reinstated and pick up where it left off.

Contract Expiry
The contract expires at the moment that the principal has been paid back in full.
BITMAIN may pay extra Bitcoin to the owner of PACMiC before the purchase cost has been paid back in full, which will accelerate the payout even more.

FAQ

Q: Can the PACMiC be sold or transferred to other users?
A: No, PACMiCs may not be traded on the exchange.

Q: Do PACMiCs deduct electricity and maintenance fees?
A: PACMiCs do not deduct electricity or maintenance fees separately, all fees covered by Bitmain.

Q: Can I redeem my PACMiC before contract expiry?
A: No. The contract will be closed automatically at the time that the principal has been repaid in full. Contracts may not be terminated prior to this.

Q: Does PACMIC returns miners after contract end?
No, PACMiC is different from Hashnest's other cloud mining services in this regard.

Q: If AntPool experiences bad luck, will this affect bonus payments?
A: Bonus payouts are calculated using the amount of unpaid initial cost, and are unrelated to the pool luck of AntPool. Changes in pool luck will only affect the speed at which the cost is repaid.

Q:How does the user make profit?
A: Bonus payouts are calculated using the formula: unpaid principal (BTC) * 0.45 (satoshis per BTC per second) * time to find a block (seconds). Mining revenue will first be used to make bonus payments, the remaining of mining revenue will be payment towards the purchase price.

Q:When does the user start to get the bonus payout? Where does the bonus go?
A: Bonus payout begins accumulating when the first block is found after contract activation. Bonus will be paid directly to user’s wallet on Hashnest.com

Q: What is Auto-Rebuy feature ?

After enabling the Auto-Rebuy feature, your payout and profit payments will be used to automatically and incrementally purchase more PACMiC hashrate.

When you disable the feature, mining revenue and profit payments will continue accumulating inside your account balance as usual.

Q: I already bought a PACMiC, If I re-buy a part of new contract in PACMiC from my profit from old contract, how long will my new contract last?
Same terms as before -- a PACMiC expires only when the purchase price has been paid back to the owner. If the BTC price drops too low and the contract does not generate revenue, the contract becomes suspended (but not ended) until the time that it may generate revenue again.

Q:When does the contract end?
A:When the one BTC purchase price has been paid back in full.

Q:Is the PACMiC risk-free?
A: Like all forms of bitcoin mining, there is a certain level of risk involved. If network difficulty unforeseeably skyrockets, or if the price of bitcoin drops too much, the Antminer S5 units backing the PACMiC may not be profitable to run and be forced to go offline, in which case contracts would be suspended (possibly indefinitely) and the user may not recover the initial cost of the miner. However, the AntMiner S5 is currently the most power efficient bitcoin miner available on the market, and would be among the last to be forced to power down under unfavorable market circumstances. We ask that our users to do their own research and understand the risks inherent to any sort of bitcoin mining, and also to understand that there is no such thing as a risk-free product.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 303 »
  Print  

Jump to: