Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:07:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

I finally can end this nightmare for the experience with BA...
I got my refunds by BTC the amount I paid for my order last year. yes,in my heart it's not fair,but some better than none...

I will never do preorder anymore,mining is the lessness and meaningless work in the world...

good luck everyone! hope all you can got want you want..
for the customers here,I want to say,we all are victims...we are cheated by this bitcoin game..wake up !!!
go for your work , go for your friends and family ...forget about bitcoin if you can got out of this stuff like me now...

anyone need help or infos can contact me anyway..
regards

While it's good to hear at least one person got a refund. Are you on crack?
sorry,I am not very good at English ,what does on crack means?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:40:18 PM

So the surprise that Black Arrow was holding back is the fact that they won't price match their competitors and they can't offer any more compensation? Was this really any surprise or just expected?

it doesn't surprise me at all.

they've been delaying further info  on the compensation until ship time with the explanation that it made no sense to talk about it until that point.  stringing people along.

it's what they've been doing since January and probably even before that, when they knew there was a problem with the initial date and waited until shortly before delivery to disclose that fact.

let's recap.  this is all from memory, as I'm not going back through this whole thread to reconstruct their bullshit, so this may be a little off.  I'll leave that to the lawyers and anyone else that would like to correct any of this.

1.  February was a conservative ship date.
2.  they would meet competitor pricing at ship time or offer equivalent compensation, or some such thing.  it's been such a long strange trip even I've forgotten what they've promised, but I know this ain't it
3.  They were two weeks ahead "last I heard" until shortly before delivery, at which point they had essentially nothing, hadn't hashed a hash or even taped out their ASIC.  They offered some cloud hashing BS as compensation.  Could not do anything more.  No way.  Too Broke (but we're working on a scrypt miner)
4.  Then it was May 1 delivery and an additional Th/s unit (but no power supply) and they continued to promise to keep the above promises with respect to $/Gh at shipping and there would be some surprise.
5.  Then oops our backplane doesn't work, but don't worry we're working day and night on this and will still meet our other promises.
6.  And here we are, a delay of ~4.5 months, which is longer than the time from when most people ordered to expected delivery and they have reneged on their other promises and, again, screwed people on compensation after telling them they were simply waiting to ship to update that portion of things.  Again, there's just nothing they can do (you  should believe us this time, although we were clearly full of crap last time)

but no, no lies here.  as far as I'm concerned this has been an obvious and concerted effort to string people along the entire time and they are now selling a unit that's worth about 3k to people for 6K, tossing in a minimal bone and calling it even.  that's utter bullshit.  fraud?  I dunno, you'll have to make your own judgements I suppose on whether or not this was an orchestrated attempt to keep the suckers onboard.  I know I'm filing complaints with every government agency I can find.

and for the couple/few nuthugging fools that were on here defending these people this entire time and berating those of us that were pointing this out all along as if we were paranoid tinfoil hat wearing assholes.  you are the biggest morons of them all.  
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:48:37 PM

Well well well...absolutely no surprise there BA.  You guys are the biggest scam artists of them all, hope you had fun mining with people's orders, and are just now planning to send them out, while offering people shit comp.  Always remember karma is a bitch as you will never receive another dollar from any one of your customers that have previously ordered from you, oh wait, yes you will, because they need PSU's for your shitty product since you didn't announce how to hook them up with ATX PSU's.  SURPRISE!

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:06:22 AM

and Phinneaus Gage was right all along about these people.

Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:29:45 AM

Dear Customers,

We just want to let you know that we have not forgotten our promise and we will match in Ghash any competitor at the time of shipping. There is no point in discussing yet what extra hashing power you will receive as we have not started shipping yet.

ASIC price match announced in this thread is part of our promise.

Regards!

Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:14:19 AM

Dear Customers,

We just want to let you know that we have not forgotten our promise and we will match in Ghash any competitor at the time of shipping. There is no point in discussing yet what extra hashing power you will receive as we have not started shipping yet.

ASIC price match announced in this thread is part of our promise.

Regards!

Dear Customers,

Up your asses.

Regards!
Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:18:30 AM

and just how in the hell does BlackArrow account still have a positive trust rating?
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:46:13 AM

and just how in the hell does BlackArrow account still have a positive trust rating?

I posted my negative feedback just a couple days ago, at that point I was the only one who had commented against them.  I encourage everyone to do the same.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:08:18 AM

Difficulty up 550% since February and customers are getting 50% compensation?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:21:40 AM

For some reason I see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel.

That's the light from oncoming delay train.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:06:39 AM

So now BA=HashFail2. They should have offered chips for their non-deliverable miners in the first 2-3 weeks when they found out that there is an X3 backplane problem. I am sure that the community would've assembled some miners much faster than BA.

Judging from the past experiences my advice would be to take the chips as fast as you can and have them assembled on boards. Getting a refund would take ages and it seems that getting miners is the same.

Good luck.

They did offer 4Th/s in straight hash boards or 70 ASICs back in May. Both options were throwing good money and time after bad so-to-speak. It also included possibly critical technical information being withheld.

The good news I see here is that the wofully inadequate 50% compensation says they may actually intend to deliver something and not just straight up take the money.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:34:48 AM

They did offer 4Th/s in straight hash boards or 70 ASICs back in May. Both options were throwing good money and time after bad so-to-speak. It also included possibly critical technical information being withheld.

The good news I see here is that the wofully inadequate 50% compensation says they may actually intend to deliver something and not just straight up take the money.

Hash boards without a backplane?

Hash board and heatsink only. No mention of drivers or data sheets.
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:11:13 AM

Well I'm trying to look on the bright side and convince myself and Black arrow that there is a small possibility of things working out in the long run. Amongst all the negativity, which I too am guilty of, I'm trying to look at things with more positivity and hope the positive energy rubs off on others.

Also, with the broken english and grammar in these updates, it's sometimes hard to determine exactly what they mean sometimes. Like when David said that the backplanes were fixed and in production, but they have handmade backplanes for testing....some of the info given is convoluted, ya know?

You're an idiot!!  I tried to be a little less harsh but really just thought I'd simply sum it up.  Especially since you've posted this twice after someone tried to explain it to you the first time.

The PSU will not be included with compensation units and I'm baffled how you have related this part of the update to compensation units.

Carry on living in dream land if you like!  The rest of us, I believe, have come to realise that this is a failed venture with very little hope of any decent compensation and not a chance in hell of obtaining a refund.  Lets face it, the compensation has reduced to being shipped at the end of the queue now even though we were promised shipping with our order.  So we are going down hill while you are rising on your cloud of dreams which means soon we will all be able to stand at the bottom and watch you fall a very long way, back to our level.
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

-genuine parts (capacitors, resistors, mosfets, inductors etc)
-capacitors that cannot not explode

Read it cafefully!!  'Capacitors that cannot not explode'  That's a double negative which mean they will positively explode !!!

It's really a bit of a joke though because if the device was designed correctly there would be no reason for the caps to explode anyway!!  They make it sound as if they are a really volatile device which would only be the case if they were cheap or under-rated for the application.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:20:36 AM

Chip cost 0.575$ Gh/s and 0.49$ Gh/s for +4400PCS.

You can get a full miner for well under $1 Gh/s.

Think carefully about your next move people and do the calculations especially in time to get something made and delivered as well as efficiency the device you intend or have made for you at the wall. The numbers are tight at best. Volume is the only way you can get the costs down. There is limited stock obviously. Please be careful out there when taking chips in lieu of miners.

At 50% compensation we're paying $1.58Gh/s at 1W/Gh/s.

The S3 is $1Gh/s at 0.76W/Gh/s in-hand without 8 months of hair-pulling & nail-biting while you wait and watch your investment go down the crapper.
Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:36:22 AM

Fun fact the surprise is the management software on the mine thug let's you control multiple Black arrow devices. So it's a shitty surprise to, Fuck this company all day.

because what's better than running 1 obsolete miner?  being able to control several.

this comes from the book "Investing in Bitcoin for Serious Dummies"
Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:01:38 PM

In the end.. when it comes to compensation. I just hope they remember who of us ordered directly from them and not through a reseller. aka. Who they are making their $ on.

this is a general response to people still thinking that possibly they will make a decision to rectify this, as I've seen a lot of this here and on their forum, so I'm not responding directly to mazedk or calling him out.  the last thing I want to be infighting with other customers.  We know who the enemy is at this point, so it makes more sense, I think, to operate in a concerted fashion against them as a group than to piss at one another.

Anyhow, to this point they've strung people along on false promises and have failed to deliver, attempting to hide behind a ToS that does not seemingly comply with the law.  This makes perfect sense, as that law apparently gives people the right to refunds if they ask for them, so they had to throw bones out there to keep the pot from boiling over.  That they have now retracted some of the primary elements of those things is very telling in terms of their lack of any sort of sense of fair dealings, as well as the fact that they are now in breach of yet another promise they made to their customers.

they have not, at any point that I have seen, taken a concrete action that would benefit anyone but themselves.  they are not going to start now.

the only means I can see of getting any sort of equitable treatment is through legal channels.  file complaints with state agencies in China, Hong Hong and the US.  get a legal action moving that will drag them into court.

if anyone thinks they are going to make this right without being forced to they have not been paying attention to what has transpired here.

Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:02:51 PM

I posted my negative feedback just a couple days ago, at that point I was the only one who had commented against them.  I encourage everyone to do the same.

where is that?  the manufacturer thread?

I was talking about the person that posts  to this forum with BlackArrow as their username.  The same user that posted their now broken price promise.  That account actually has a positive trust rating.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105804
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:17:12 PM

where is that?  the manufacturer thread?

I was talking about the person that posts  to this forum with BlackArrow as their username.  The same user that posted their now broken price promise.  That account actually has a positive trust rating.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105804

Yep, I posted negative feedback to that account, can be found here...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=105804
I encourage others to speak their minds about this company on their trust profile.

Pentax

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:30:14 PM

Here is the Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.0
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: