Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220961 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:12:46 PM

Ok, so we now have a yes on Khomeini, a yes and a no on Yusef Islam (Cat Stevens), and a yes on Arafat.

Interesting, as those are the three who I thought had done right or tried to do right by their religion and their people.

@Greg, two things. One, On the part of the list I made, I, personaly, had put forth no judgement or commentary as to whether or not they were "good" people. I simply asked if you considered them true muslims. As to why Cat Stevens is important, he is, in the west, a very well known man who has been an advocate for world peace for his entire life. Long before his conversion to Islam and taking on the name Yusef Islam. Mr. Zakir states that he is muslim, you state that singing is forbidden, thus he is not.

I agree with you that Khomeini had little choice but to declare war. I think his taking the embassy people hostage was the only thing he did truly wrong in that whole episode, as they had not done anything to him. But in  a war, mistakes are made very often. I would say the same of Yasser Arafat. Both men made the attempt to free their people from oppression. While I think their strategy in both cases was idiotic, I have little moral problem with it. Had the people of Iran sat down and simply refused to obey the edicts from above, the whole world would have seen in a matter of days just exactly what sort of ass the Shah was. Had the people of Palestine sat down and refused to obey the edicts of the Knesset, again, the result would have been that. Instead, both sides chose to fight a dirty war against their enemies, and actually harmed their cause. Easy to see this in retrospect, not so easy at the tip of the lance. Strategically, Terrorism rarely works in the long term as it fosters paranoia on both sides. The two men mentioned above are a lot of why the West fears and hates Islam. Exactly the opposite of what they were trying to achieve. Do you see now, why I asked?

From the secular side, the miserable sons of bitches we cringingly call our government here in the United States have put their ugly noses where they don't belong for more than a century, making this situation far worse than it needs to be. Muslims in the west, by and large, are no better or worse than their Christian, Jewish, or even atheist neighbors. Because they and we are not in a daily struggle for our lives. This makes a HUGE difference in behaviours and motivations, and it's hard to step back from that. Times of relative peace and free trade bring out the best in most groups, but do not empower governments. Government and Religion have been each other's handmaidens for pretty much all of recorded history, so that the one supports the other is not in any manner surprising. It is and always will be in the best interests of central governments and organized religions to have an active, angry enemy. When such does not exist, both major groups will work hard to make one.

Individuals and individual belief, then, are never well served by centralized organizations that purport to have power over them. I state that unequivocally. Even when such central authorities do some good, it is less than the harm they do. Be they secular or religious. All such things tend to divide one man against another, magnifying differences that the men acting on their own likely would reconcile.

I would turn the question around, now, as I believe it has been adequately covered why so many hate islam. Since I don't, I can be fairly objective. I dislike Islam less than I dislike Christianity, and on about the same level as all other religions that I can think of. So... Why do Muslims hate Christians? Why do Muslims hate Jews? (both are overbroad, but too often true).
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:22:00 PM

Ok, so we now have a yes on Khomeini, a yes and a no on Yusef Islam (Cat Stevens), and a yes on Arafat.

Interesting, as those are the three who I thought had done right or tried to do right by their religion and their people.

@Greg, two things. One, On the part of the list I made, I, personaly, had put forth no judgement or commentary as to whether or not they were "good" people. I simply asked if you considered them true muslims. As to why Cat Stevens is important, he is, in the west, a very well known man who has been an advocate for world peace for his entire life. Long before his conversion to Islam and taking on the name Yusef Islam. Mr. Zakir states that he is muslim, you state that singing is forbidden, thus he is not.

I agree with you that Khomeini had little choice but to declare war. I think his taking the embassy people hostage was the only thing he did truly wrong in that whole episode, as they had not done anything to him. But in  a war, mistakes are made very often. ....

I think there was zero tactical or military reason for the Iran hostage situation.  Zero.  They'd already taken the country.

Biomech I am seeing a reluctance to answers to our questions and when that happens there is always good reason.   Obviously someone living in an Islamic controlled area would stay quiet on many matters because of possible retaliation.  So maybe we ask things that cannot be answered, yet this illustrates and cements the "problem with Islam."

At the same time, note they are unified in opposition to ISIS.    Of course, that might instantly vanish when or if ISIS takes over their particular area.  Seems were are all in agreement on opposition to ISIS, and we are all in agreement that "ISIS is not ISLAM", although we are in disagreement over whether it represents a part of Islam, or as Zakir asserts, is not Islam at all.

Obviously, Cat Stevens is Muslim.  It may be that he represents a more secular and Western variety of Islam than those here who speak from rather pure fundamentalist cultures.   Of course from the point of view of debate and argumentation I could say of you....

From the secular side, the miserable sons of bitches we cringingly call our government here in the United States

"Oh, if you talk like that...You'r No American!"

But that would be a tactic, with a goal other than actually discovering the truth of matters.  I use it to illustrate a problem, rather than to criticize.  Similarly, a tactic we've seen here by Zakir and others ( although I think he changed his tune on this...) is/was ...

"Oh, your obviously Islamophobic!"
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:38:20 PM

I agree with you that Khomeini had little choice but to declare war. I think his taking the embassy people hostage was the only thing he did truly wrong in that whole episode, as they had not done anything to him. But in  a war, mistakes are made very often. ....

I think there was zero tactical or military reason for the Iran hostage situation.  Zero.  They'd already taken the country.

Biomech I am seeing a reluctance to answers to our questions and when that happens there is always good reason.   Obviously someone living in an Islamic controlled area would stay quiet on many matters because of possible retaliation.  So maybe we ask things that cannot be answered, yet this illustrates and cements the "problem with Islam."

At the same time, note they are unified in opposition to ISIS.    Of course, that might instantly vanish when or if ISIS takes over their particular area.  Seems were are all in agreement on opposition to ISIS, and we are all in agreement that "ISIS is not ISLAM", although we are in disagreement over whether it represents a part of Islam, or as Zakir asserts, is not Islam at all.

Obviously, Cat Stevens is Muslim.  It may be that he represents a more secular and Western variety of Islam than those here who speak from rather pure fundamentalist cultures.   Of course from the point of view of debate and argumentation I could say of you....

From the secular side, the miserable sons of bitches we cringingly call our government here in the United States

But that would be a tactic, with a goal other than actually discovering the truth of matters.  I use it to illustrate a problem, rather than to criticize.  Similarly, a tactic we've seen here by Zakir and others ( although I think he changed his tune on this...) is/was ...

My answer would be that the so-called government of the United States is composed almost entirely of traitors, by their own laws... but I do see your point Cheesy

As to the rest, of course I tend to agree. Though I think it might go even deeper than outside oppression. As a former Christian, I can attest personally to how HARD it is to let go of an idea that you have embraced uncritically and had reinforced for your whole life. It was one of the more terrible times in my life. I believe I am a better human for having undergone that admittedly awful time, but that doesn't take away from how truly hard it can be to face the fact that you have believed an untruth. It causes you to question absolutely everything you hold to be true. Which is a good thing in itself, but a hard one for an adult. I am trying to teach my children to do that at a young age, so they never have to face such a conundrum. Whether I'll be successful? Who knows.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 04:38:29 PM

@Biomech: I didn't meantion Yusef Islam is a Muslim nor did I mention he is a non-Muslim. I want to check about him before concluding it.

The other two people, from what I have read from medias(truths+lies), they have done more harm than good. Prophet has said that wise men won't do things which won't give positive results, So it was better for them to ignore it though I still don't know what their 'real' intention was.

About Islamic stance on Christians and Jews: In Qur'an, it is is mentioned that they are the closest of all religions. Neither Qur'an nor does Islam hates Christians or Jews or any other person. FYI -- Christians and Jews who believe in 'real' Christianity and Jewish religions can go to paradise according to Qur'an but I have not been able to find anyone who does so. All persons I have seen/heard believe in new (edited) books -- no offence.

Remember that, Islam does not distinguish people in this world. All are equal here but in afterlife(you may not believe in this), they will be distinguished by their deeds.

@Spendulus: I don't think ISIS is even following minor Islamic laws but I will have to check country's laws to tell it. Only thing that makes ISIS part of Islam is their claims.

Actually, there is only one Islam. The laws don't change. However, there can be soft-forks*!but not hard-forks* in Islam. For example, postmortem is not allowed in Islam but as India have certain rules regarding it, we can follow it. For music there are exceptions but they are definitely not related to places people live.

When BADecker was around, I indeed used "Islamaphobi(a/c)" but nowadays, the discussion seems fair and not filled with what it used to be.

By the way, Spendulus, you didn't give me a source for a news I asked. Thought I should remind you.

* In Bitcoin language. See my post -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1101437.msg11763796#msg11763796 for links about soft-fork.

---

I hope I have mentioned what I need to mention. Sorry if I missed anything and if I did, please point it out. Thank you!

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:38:18 PM

@Biomech: I didn't meantion Yusef Islam is a Muslim nor did I mention he is a non-Muslim. I want to check about him before concluding it.

The other two people, from what I have read from medias(truths+lies), they have done more harm than good. Prophet has said that wise men won't do things which won't give positive results, So it was better for them to ignore it though I still don't know what their 'real' intention was.

About Islamic stance on Christians and Jews: In Qur'an, it is is mentioned that they are the closest of all religions. Neither Qur'an nor does Islam hates Christians or Jews or any other person. FYI -- Christians and Jews who believe in 'real' Christianity and Jewish religions can go to paradise according to Qur'an but I have not been able to find anyone who does so. All persons I have seen/heard believe in new (edited) books -- no offence.

Remember that, Islam does not distinguish people in this world. All are equal here but in afterlife(you may not believe in this), they will be distinguished by their deeds.

@Spendulus: I don't think ISIS is even following minor Islamic laws but I will have to check country's laws to tell it. Only thing that makes ISIS part of Islam is their claims.

Actually, there is only one Islam. The laws don't change. However, there can be soft-forks*!but not hard-forks* in Islam. For example, postmortem is not allowed in Islam but as India have certain rules regarding it, we can follow it. For music there are exceptions but they are definitely not related to places people live.

When BADecker was around, I indeed used "Islamaphobi(a/c)" but nowadays, the discussion seems fair and not filled with what it used to be.

By the way, Spendulus, you didn't give me a source for a news I asked. Thought I should remind you.

* In Bitcoin language. See my post -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1101437.msg11763796#msg11763796 for links about soft-fork.

---

I hope I have mentioned what I need to mention. Sorry if I missed anything and if I did, please point it out. Thank you!
No offense taken Cheesy I'm not religious anymore, not for a long time.

I need to read up a bit more before commenting on the rest, lest I sound a fool. Bear in mind talking to me, I always attempt to be fair. Not unbiased, as I am not. But fair. If something could be construed as an attack or a question, read it as a question. I'm just seeking knowledge and discourse. I have nothing personal against Islam. I judge people by their actions more than what they claim to believe.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:09:04 PM

@Biomech: I didn't meantion Yusef Islam is a Muslim nor did I mention he is a non-Muslim. I want to check about him before concluding it.,,,,

Question of Attitude, Zakir.  You see, I never liked Cat Stevens or his music, but if he says he is a muslim, he a muslim.  Makes no difference what some voice on the Internet opinionates about.  No difference whatsoever.  Makes no difference what moldy old verses from some book you come up with.

All such things are is a public display of authoritarian controller mentality, which is of course a great evil, although it is permitted and even encouraged by various cultures and religions, and is most likely part of human nature.

RE ISIS if you or other Muslims have to go check the old verses to figure out if they are good or bad, that's a statement of the problem, not the solution. 

Try just thinking for yourself.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

I agree with you that Khomeini had little choice but to declare war. I think his taking the embassy people hostage was the only thing he did truly wrong in that whole episode, as they had not done anything to him. But in  a war, mistakes are made very often. I would say the same of Yasser Arafat. Both men made the attempt to free their people from oppression. While I think their strategy in both cases was idiotic, I have little moral problem with it. Had the people of Iran sat down and simply refused to obey the edicts from above, the whole world would have seen in a matter of days just exactly what sort of ass the Shah was. Had the people of Palestine sat down and refused to obey the edicts of the Knesset, again, the result would have been that. Instead, both sides chose to fight a dirty war against their enemies, and actually harmed their cause. Easy to see this in retrospect, not so easy at the tip of the lance. Strategically, Terrorism rarely works in the long term as it fosters paranoia on both sides. The two men mentioned above are a lot of why the West fears and hates Islam. Exactly the opposite of what they were trying to achieve. Do you see now, why I asked?

From the secular side, the miserable sons of bitches we cringingly call our government here in the United States have put their ugly noses where they don't belong for more than a century, making this situation far worse than it needs to be. Muslims in the west, by and large, are no better or worse than their Christian, Jewish, or even atheist neighbors. Because they and we are not in a daily struggle for our lives. This makes a HUGE difference in behaviours and motivations, and it's hard to step back from that. Times of relative peace and free trade bring out the best in most groups, but do not empower governments. Government and Religion have been each other's handmaidens for pretty much all of recorded history, so that the one supports the other is not in any manner surprising. It is and always will be in the best interests of central governments and organized religions to have an active, angry enemy. When such does not exist, both major groups will work hard to make one.

Individuals and individual belief, then, are never well served by centralized organizations that purport to have power over them. I state that unequivocally. Even when such central authorities do some good, it is less than the harm they do. Be they secular or religious. All such things tend to divide one man against another, magnifying differences that the men acting on their own likely would reconcile.

I would turn the question around, now, as I believe it has been adequately covered why so many hate islam. Since I don't, I can be fairly objective. I dislike Islam less than I dislike Christianity, and on about the same level as all other religions that I can think of. So... Why do Muslims hate Christians? Why do Muslims hate Jews? (both are overbroad, but too often true).

O my dear !! I told you that they are muslims and the one who fought for muslims or Islam is a true muslim. And i dnt know who was cat steven so i didn't give you any comment on that.. Who said you muslims hate christian. I have a christian friends and i love them.

And We have not sent you but as a mercy to all the worlds." (Quran 21:107)

This verse express that MUhammad (PBUH) is mercy for all humanity.

Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

Are you satisfy..??
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:28:00 PM

That is your point of view that there is no need of revolution in Iran Right ?? But let me tell you that there is v. need of revolution in Iran because all the things that happened in Iran before Imam Khomeni was all against Islam. Gambling,Adultery,Alcohol etc all are become a norm of the day.
Isn't ?? You didn't read the history of Iran Before Imam Khomeni ??
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:24:58 AM

That is your point of view that there is no need of revolution in Iran Right ?? But let me tell you that there is v. need of revolution in Iran because all the things that happened in Iran before Imam Khomeni was all against Islam. Gambling,Adultery,Alcohol etc all are become a norm of the day.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, 1984
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:49:22 AM

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, 1984

@Spendulus what do meant by the sentences which is bolded above ?? We are talking Khomeni and Revolution in Iran ?? Isn't ??
I cannot understand you..??
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:35:47 AM

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, 1984

@Spendulus what do meant by the sentences which is bolded above ?? We are talking Khomeni and Revolution in Iran ?? Isn't ??
It is a quote from a famous book, 1984, by George Orwell.

Have you read it?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:28:49 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

In Ezekiel 28, in the Old Testament in the Bible, Ezekiel pronounces God directed prophesies about the King of Tyre. Some of the prophesies are allegorical explanations about Satan, the devil who inhabited the body of the serpent that talked to Eve, and tempted her into sin in the Garden of Eden. One very interesting part says about the devil, "You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you."

Whatever the purpose that God had for making Satan, God gave him the ability to walk right in the places where God Himself walked. This means that Satan learned much of the knowledge of God. Satan learned how to control aspects of time, the thing that God controls entirely.

The past, the present and the future are entirely known and controlled by God. However, Satan understands and controls them a little. Mankind glimpses the operations of time, but has very little control at all.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:51:57 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

Ok i got it now tell me the purpose of this quotation ??
Because i can't understand the purpose of this quote ?? Kindly tell me Thank you Smiley
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:58:02 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

In Ezekiel 28, in the Old Testament in the Bible, Ezekiel pronounces God directed prophesies about the King of Tyre. Some of the prophesies are allegorical explanations about Satan, the devil who inhabited the body of the serpent that talked to Eve, and tempted her into sin in the Garden of Eden. One very interesting part says about the devil, "You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you."

Whatever the purpose that God had for making Satan, God gave him the ability to walk right in the places where God Himself walked. This means that Satan learned much of the knowledge of God. Satan learned how to control aspects of time, the thing that God controls entirely.

The past, the present and the future are entirely known and controlled by God. However, Satan understands and controls them a little. Mankind glimpses the operations of time, but has very little control at all.

Smiley

@Badecker you are wrong here !! Satan is a creation of God but satan didn't obey God's order when God made Adam (A.S) and said to satan and all other angels to put down their head in front of Adam (A.S) but satan refuse to put down their head in front of Adam (A.S) then God Kick him (satan) out of the paradise.
Satan didn't know how to control time and other things as you said. Satan only attack on those people who don't have Iman. Satan is worst enemy of muslims and we hate him.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:07:32 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

Ok i got it now tell me the purpose of this quotation ??
Because i can't understand the purpose of this quote ?? Kindly tell me Thank you Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXm5hklbBsA

"Open your eyes and learn" does not mean "read and memorize yet more from the Koran."

Neither should these concepts be considered in conflict.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 03:21:05 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

Smiley

@Badecker you are wrong here !! Satan is a creation of God but satan didn't obey God's order when God made Adam (A.S) and said to satan and all other angels to put down their head in front of Adam (A.S) but satan refuse to put down their head in front of Adam (A.S) then God Kick him (satan) out of the paradise.
Satan didn't know how to control time and other things as you said. Satan only attack on those people who don't have Iman. Satan is worst enemy of muslims and we hate him.

Correction: It was Iblise, to be precise and Shatitaan's are Kafir Jinn.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:27:22 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

Smiley

I am not wrong. I might be unclear.

Ezekiel 28 says what it says. You can see from reading it that it talks about Satan in part.

Mankind has control of time from the standpoint that people can look at the past and understand the present from it and predict the future from it. Man's understanding of the past and the present and the future is not completely correct. It is somewhat accurate, but not entirely. You can see this from predictions that people make about the money markets and the stock market, etc.

Satan walked with God. Even though he has been kicked out of Heaven, and has lost much power, and is essentially dead in some ways, his predictions of the future and understanding of the present are way better than that of mankind. It is in this way that he controls time somewhat.

The purpose that God originally had for Satan was to be a guardian angel for the newly created race of people. That is why he was in the Garden of Eden in spirit, and needed to use a serpent to talk to Eve.

Read a translation of Ezekiel 28 in your own language to better understand.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:11:03 PM

― George Orwell, 1984

Have you read it?

Smiley

Correction: It was Iblise, to be precise and Shatitaan's are Kafir Jinn.

Yes @MuhammadZakir you are right he is ibleees and he is most hateable personality.
larsson

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:26:25 PM

I think most of islam people are good, But part of them are extremist which make people fear
We see the Islamic state kill lots of innocent people everyday.
Salman Anjum

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:37:52 PM

I think most of islam people are good, But part of them are extremist which make people fear
We see the Islamic state kill lots of innocent people everyday.

These people are not muslims because Islam is against of killing of innocent people.....
They are so called muslims and islamic state....
They have no concern with Islam.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: