Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350596 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:38:00 PM

I can't believe I keep doubting this pool. I am a total idiot. I'm still new to this and have slowly gone from 1 S9 to 3 over the last couple of months. Being new I am just in such a hurry to feel like I'm doing the right thing and making the most money back that I can for what I've put into it. In doing so I'm making bad decisions so I can see something each day rather than potentially waiting days or weeks for a payout. This is just not the best way...

I left thinking I was doing the right thing getting consistent payouts and it would even itself out. Yes, maybe I could make more on Kano at the end of the month but Slush would be close enough I wouldn't mind getting a little less for consistency... I looked back at the big months on Kano and thought... wow there were some really big months but they had a lot more hashing power on those months. I thought to myself they only found 10 blocks in December and the hashing is down considerably from mid of last year. I thought, I thought, I thought too much...

If only everyone were half as analytical. Welcome back.
I think all miners "try" to be that analytical but it is really complicated to get a real number for the past.  And yes, the past is the past and it makes no impact on the future, but it does give you the "what if".  It is really complicated to calculate, and even more tricky to keep up with the real numbers.

That is why I created the CDT (Coins per Day per Th) stat on the minergain site.  mtaboneweb, I have had nobody verify those stats and you seem like just the guy to do it!  if you want to spend a few minutes checking my calcs, please pm me and I will get you the raw data.  Speaking of raw data, since the Kano api does not share rewards, the only way I can compute the numbers is to paste rewards data into the site.  I am using my own each time, but I started mining in late July, so can only do 3 month stats yet (soon to be 6).  I would love to get a yearly stat so if anyone has been mining with Kano for more than a year, please create a minergain account, set yourself up in the pools section then click on the monitor tab then rewards.  Select the Kano pool and upload your rewards.  Once I get more data, I will add a yearly CDT on the site since I have slushpool's data since they started.  Already the numbers are heavily swinging towards Kano, and I think that the yearly one will be even more confirmation to all of us here.

Thanks and Mine on!

I signed up yesterday to see what you were all about but couldn't get the rewards to upload. Literally just tried again and no bueno.
minergain.com

Activity: 285

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:42:27 PM

I can't believe I keep doubting this pool. I am a total idiot. I'm still new to this and have slowly gone from 1 S9 to 3 over the last couple of months. Being new I am just in such a hurry to feel like I'm doing the right thing and making the most money back that I can for what I've put into it. In doing so I'm making bad decisions so I can see something each day rather than potentially waiting days or weeks for a payout. This is just not the best way...

I left thinking I was doing the right thing getting consistent payouts and it would even itself out. Yes, maybe I could make more on Kano at the end of the month but Slush would be close enough I wouldn't mind getting a little less for consistency... I looked back at the big months on Kano and thought... wow there were some really big months but they had a lot more hashing power on those months. I thought to myself they only found 10 blocks in December and the hashing is down considerably from mid of last year. I thought, I thought, I thought too much...

I think all miners "try" to be that analytical but it is really complicated to get a real number for the past.  And yes, the past is the past and it makes no impact on the future, but it does give you the "what if".  It is really complicated to calculate, and even more tricky to keep up with the real numbers.

That is why I created the CDT (Coins per Day per Th) stat on the minergain site.  mtaboneweb, I have had nobody verify those stats and you seem like just the guy to do it!  if you want to spend a few minutes checking my calcs, please pm me and I will get you the raw data.  Speaking of raw data, since the Kano api does not share rewards, the only way I can compute the numbers is to paste rewards data into the site.  I am using my own each time, but I started mining in late July, so can only do 3 month stats yet (soon to be 6).  I would love to get a yearly stat so if anyone has been mining with Kano for more than a year, please create a minergain account, set yourself up in the pools section then click on the monitor tab then rewards.  Select the Kano pool and upload your rewards.  Once I get more data, I will add a yearly CDT on the site since I have slushpool's data since they started.  Already the numbers are heavily swinging towards Kano, and I think that the yearly one will be even more confirmation to all of us here.

Thanks and Mine on!

I signed up yesterday to see what you were all about but couldn't get the rewards to upload. Literally just tried again and no bueno.
it is uploading - just not giving the results yet.  Give me 30 minutes and I will get a "rough" display of the rewards table.  Oh, and in case I did not mention it recently, this is free - and not my full time job - so it is pretty rough yet!

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
paulopaag

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:16:33 PM

Guys, do you know if something major happened in the last few days that BTC has lost so much value? I am not complaining, I know it will bounce back, I am just curious.
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:24:16 PM

Guys, do you know if something major happened in the last few days that BTC has lost so much value? I am not complaining, I know it will bounce back, I am just curious.

Go to: www.google.com

Type: Bitcoin

You will find plenty of articles to include technical analysis, fud posts and investment theories. If you are looking for recent news pay attention to the Korean news and also the articles talking about the exchanges shutting their doors temporarily to new customers as they upgrade their infrastructure.

After you have your fill, slap yourself in the face, point one finger at yourself and tell yourself to shutup and hodl.

Always gets me back on track.  Grin
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

You will find plenty of articles to include technical analysis, fud posts and investment theories. If you are looking for recent news pay attention to the Korean news and also the articles talking about the exchanges shutting their doors temporarily to new customers as they upgrade their infrastructure.

After you have your fill, slap yourself in the face, point one finger at yourself and tell yourself to shutup and hodl.

This.   MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!!!
Maus44

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:20:05 PM

is anyone else having issues with the iphone app?
Norm49

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:36:12 PM

Yep, no data on any screen.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:38:14 PM

Go to the forum for the iPhone app here and post your question.  VH probably needs to reboot his end.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.new#new
joreas

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

Yep. It was working earlier. I thought it was only me having problem. Looks like backend issue maybe?
Maus44

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:05:51 PM

Go to the forum for the iPhone app here and post your question.  VH probably needs to reboot his end.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.new#new
done, thanks
bigolin

Activity: 136
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:54:50 PM

Hello All!

Has anyone had any experience with the following power supply?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0C6UU2914&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-9SIAA0C6UU2914&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8-uN1MHa2AIVUUsNCh3wUw_eEAYYAiABEgK_h_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have been running on OLD OLD junk power supplies and it's time to upgrade!

I only have 4 S7's but you have to start somewhere so... Do you think that power supply will really run 2 S7's reliably or should I look elsewhere?

Mine on!

I run Amity labs power supplies on my L3's and S9's.  This unit powers 2 S9's, very good quality!  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-for-Two-x2-Antminer-S9-S7-L3-with-Ready-To-Plug-Harness-/182254895754

+1 to Amity labs PSUs. I have 1 and absolutely love it. If I didn't already have 4 apw3++, I would buy another Amity Labs. Great quality. I even picked up their PDU that runs off of my dryer connection, allowing me to run 4 S9's on 1 220v connection until i have my shed built to run everything.

Do you have a link for the PDU? I have an immersion experiment in the works and would LOVE a unit to power all four S7's!!!
Mine on!

Even though the listing shows out of stock, I sent a message and it took a little while but I got a response that said he had a few still left and that they don't list them on eBay any more because of how quickly they move. I would just shoot them an email or send a message on eBay to the seller. It's been great for me. I actually ended up wiring an extension cord to go from my dryer connection into my garage so my wife doesn't murder me for trying to run 4 Antminer S9's in the laundry room. I can confirm that this thing has in fact run 4x s9's flawlessly for several days now and I will let everyone know if I run into issues with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182469461559
paulopaag

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:55:49 PM

Face slapped. Thanks!  Grin
mtaboneweb

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:08:22 PM

Just curious... Is anyone concerned about the BTC price? Any thoughts on where it might bottom out and if it’s going to recover? I’ve looked at the charts plenty and seen the dips but it really seems to be slumping lately.
Same thing people ask, every time it goes down before it goes back up again Smiley

Smiley Maybe it'll hit a penny a coin just long enough for me to buy them all up! Wink
Mine on!
 Grin
If it drops down close to $11k I'm going to buy a little bit. Easier than buying an S9  Grin

I was up all night working on a refurb S7. You should have been awake about 2 1/2 hours ago : $11,300.  Cheesy
Early bird and all that. Smiley
Mine on!

All input as I expected from people who've been doing this a lot longer than me so thanks for the input. Next question would be do most hodl in BTC? I ask because I played with the numbers a bit...

I have 0.08689536 BTC currently. If price goes up and I can sell at $17k that's $1477.22.

I could also buy 5.07823411 LTC with that right now and if LTC goes to...

$304 = $1543.78
$350 = $1777.38
$400 = $2031.29

All prices that have been hit in the last month or two. I know most probably like to hodl (end of story) but being new I've actually cashed out a few times now when price hits a good number then bought BTC again when it drops, rinse and repeat as long as it dips and raises of course. Always that chance I sell and it goes to the moon as well. I've even bought some other cryptos that have done very well with my mining income.

If this is too far a shift from the forum purpose I apologize but as long as we're waiting for the next block I was curious how others handle their payouts. Much respect to you guys here.
bigolin

Activity: 136
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:24:02 PM

Just curious... Is anyone concerned about the BTC price? Any thoughts on where it might bottom out and if it’s going to recover? I’ve looked at the charts plenty and seen the dips but it really seems to be slumping lately.
Same thing people ask, every time it goes down before it goes back up again Smiley

Smiley Maybe it'll hit a penny a coin just long enough for me to buy them all up! Wink
Mine on!
 Grin
If it drops down close to $11k I'm going to buy a little bit. Easier than buying an S9  Grin

I was up all night working on a refurb S7. You should have been awake about 2 1/2 hours ago : $11,300.  Cheesy
Early bird and all that. Smiley
Mine on!

All input as I expected from people who've been doing this a lot longer than me so thanks for the input. Next question would be do most hodl in BTC? I ask because I played with the numbers a bit...

I have 0.08689536 BTC currently. If price goes up and I can sell at $17k that's $1477.22.

I could also buy 5.07823411 LTC with that right now and if LTC goes to...

$304 = $1543.78
$350 = $1777.38
$400 = $2031.29

All prices that have been hit in the last month or two. I know most probably like to hodl (end of story) but being new I've actually cashed out a few times now when price hits a good number then bought BTC again when it drops, rinse and repeat as long as it dips and raises of course. Always that chance I sell and it goes to the moon as well. I've even bought some other cryptos that have done very well with my mining income.

If this is too far a shift from the forum purpose I apologize but as long as we're waiting for the next block I was curious how others handle their payouts. Much respect to you guys here.

I have been burned both ways so I think it's really whatever's clever for you. My current policy is just to cash out enough for my electric and keep everything else. If I can make it to the next halvening then I feel like prices will skyrocket at that point. I will set what I call milestones and sell a portion at those. For example, 15k, 20k, etc. I won't sell all, I won't sell half, just enough to knock out a dent in some debt my lovely wife and my terrible spending habits have brought upon. Again, to each their own. One of the main reasons I mine on PPLNSG is so I don't get tempted to spend it a little at a time. It takes longer to accrue, but I get it in larger chunks. That's where my head is at.
chuckyphresh

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:28:04 PM

1500+ users! Welcome and let's gooooo!!
Trippank

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:40:41 PM

Is the CKpool iOS app working for anybody now?  It won't load stats since early this morning.  It won't even show my worker stats.  I have verified the API key and username in the config tab. 

It has been working flawlessly over the past 4 months.  I have tried both with WiFi and Cellular.  If I leave it on the config tab, after awhile it says "no internet access"  All other apps work as well as web browsing.
I have killed the app several times.  I have even restarted phone with no success.

Any Ideas?

Tripp

Mine On!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:42:57 PM

Is the CKpool iOS app working for anybody now?  It won't load stats since early this morning.  It won't even show my worker stats.  I have verified the API key and username in the config tab. 

It has been working flawlessly over the past 4 months.  I have tried both with WiFi and Cellular.  If I leave it on the config tab, after awhile it says "no internet access"  All other apps work as well as web browsing.
I have killed the app several times.  I have even restarted phone with no success.

Any Ideas?

Tripp

Mine On!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg28263730#msg28263730

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Sphere360

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

It's been working perfectly for me for a couple of months on my Android based phone. The alerts work well too.
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:46:59 PM

Is the CKpool iOS app working for anybody now?  It won't load stats since early this morning.  It won't even show my worker stats.  I have verified the API key and username in the config tab.  

It has been working flawlessly over the past 4 months.  I have tried both with WiFi and Cellular.  If I leave it on the config tab, after awhile it says "no internet access"  All other apps work as well as web browsing.
I have killed the app several times.  I have even restarted phone with no success.

Any Ideas?

Tripp

Mine On!

You get what you pay for.  Grin  Not working here either. Be patient, they will fix it.
mtaboneweb

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:49:05 PM

Thanks and Mine on!

LOL, I am indeed a newb...

User 'minergain.com' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
Pages: « 1 ... 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: