Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350616 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
bigolin

Activity: 136
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:15:35 PM

wouldn't worry too much about what you see on your S9s...that's been doctored by Biteme in BMminer.  I would focus on the errors shown on the Kano Workers page and then only to verify that it is close or lower than the Invalids shown at the top of each Kano page.
I do notice that too cold is bad.
For reference what are we calling "Too cold". Less than 70? Less than 60? I still have no idea where everyone else's system runs. Lately my 4 s9's have been enjoying the cold snowy air in Arkansas and the spread ranges from 62c chip temp to 77c chip temp at the moment.

My best hash rate is right around 80-83 degrees.

Anything less than 75 and  they're losing 20% of the hashrate. They seem happy to chill around 80-82 degrees with fans around 4500 to 5400 rpm

That's interesting....Mine are in the 59 to 61 range. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I need to monitor carefully because during the day we have a window open and the high cfm fan sucks a lot of heat out. In the evening, we lock it down and the room runs warmer. I've noticed my hash seems to do better in the top right corner of Kano when I monitor it from home (windows shut).

I will be doing a little recon into this now and collecting some data. Thanks for the info, I'll see if it holds true over here.

gl man. Yeah I have mine in a shop, separate building than my home. Its small, only 120 sf with a 9' ceiling on a 4/12 pitch for a total volume of around 1000 cubic ft. I started leaving the window open a little but noticed that if it got too cold they lag.  Roll Eyes Huh Huh let me know if you want any other infoz

When you say shop, do you have central air out there or are you running a portable A/C or no A/C at all in the summer? I am building a shed to house my miners, currently only 4 S9's but plan to add on as profits allow. I am planning on running an exhaust fan to the shed and boxing in the hot side , while running a portable AC unit with 10000 BTU cooling. This should allow me to keep the shed cool even on the hottest summer days. Not sure what your setup is looking like but I am all about any input other users have on mistakes they may have made in the past or things they wish they had done differently.
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:24:54 PM

gl man. Yeah I have mine in a shop, separate building than my home. Its small, only 120 sf with a 9' ceiling on a 4/12 pitch for a total volume of around 1000 cubic ft. I started leaving the window open a little but noticed that if it got too cold they lag.  Roll Eyes Huh Huh let me know if you want any other infoz
When you say shop, do you have central air out there or are you running a portable A/C or no A/C at all in the summer? I am building a shed to house my miners, currently only 4 S9's but plan to add on as profits allow. I am planning on running an exhaust fan to the shed and boxing in the hot side , while running a portable AC unit with 10000 BTU cooling. This should allow me to keep the shed cool even on the hottest summer days. Not sure what your setup is looking like but I am all about any input other users have on mistakes they may have made in the past or things they wish they had done differently.

I built this shop especially for mining though it has more purpose than just mining including storage and a work bench, etc, with the consideration of a great deal of heat being generated. It is an "open building" in that I constructed it, and when I build the roof system I opted to ommit the 2x6 rafter blocks and went with 2x4 so there is an open air gap at the top of the roof pitch. This is a flat roof, btw.  so considering the rise of heated thermal air, a constant cycle of air is produced. I have no HVAC quipment, just a 3d printer on the desk running sometimes. my miners are on shelving that built at about 6'.

So far, I am very pleased with the design. It doesn't get too hot (yet), though if it does its resolved simply by cracking the window.

If I'm not mistaken, I read that anything sub-100 deg. C is A. O. K.
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Now's the time on sprockets where we dance.   HIT THE MUSIC!

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:35:02 PM

gl man. Yeah I have mine in a shop, separate building than my home. Its small, only 120 sf with a 9' ceiling on a 4/12 pitch for a total volume of around 1000 cubic ft. I started leaving the window open a little but noticed that if it got too cold they lag.  Roll Eyes Huh Huh let me know if you want any other infoz

I built this shop especially for mining though it has more purpose than just mining including storage and a work bench, etc, with the consideration of a great deal of heat being generated. It is an "open building" in that I constructed it, and when I build the roof system I opted to ommit the 2x6 rafter blocks and went with 2x4 so there is an open air gap at the top of the roof pitch. This is a flat roof, btw.  so considering the rise of heated thermal air, a constant cycle of air is produced. I have no HVAC quipment, just a 3d printer on the desk running sometimes. my miners are on shelving that built at about 6'.

So far, I am very pleased with the design. It doesn't get too hot (yet), though if it does its resolved simply by cracking the window.

Mine are thriving in their custom lava submersion tank.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 12:01:52 AM

lol kk
ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:06:48 AM

Damn - down 6000 TH/s in 2 days?  That many people jump ship that quick without even ramping up?  Anyone have any patience these days?
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:18:21 AM

lol kk

alright, first of all I'm sorry. I'm not sure wtf I was thinking. Those temperature numbers I talked about are crazy. Nevermind that, I wasn't looking at my terminal. I am now. My temps average around 38 deg Celsius, though at times it may spike to 42.

smh sorry about that!

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:20:42 AM

Damn - down 6000 TH/s in 2 days?  That many people jump ship that quick without even ramping up?  Anyone have any patience these days?
Some people want instant, smaller payments. Too bad for them. Our luck so far this month's in the green too. I don't actually think it was too many people leaving, though- I looked at the pool stats and it seems like one or two people with ~1PH each left.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:33:24 AM

Damn - down 6000 TH/s in 2 days?  That many people jump ship that quick without even ramping up?  Anyone have any patience these days?
Some people want instant, smaller payments. Too bad for them. Our luck so far this month's in the green too. I don't actually think it was too many people leaving, though- I looked at the pool stats and it seems like one or two people with ~1PH each left.
Not much point paying too close attention to the daily hash rate, it goes up and down a lot.
Just look for a pattern in the Pool->Graph Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:44:35 AM

I’m thinking about joining Kano pool. I started out mining recently at BTC.com but have recently learned that they are more concerned with themselves than the crypto community. Can anybody with experience tell me what to expect differently switching to Kano? Currently I get some BTC every minute or so it seems like and then get the payout at 6pm every night with a little extra from transaction fees. I’m just curious what to expect from Kano. I’ll only have about 20th to bring to the pool for now until I get some more mining funds and can buy a few more miners.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:51:14 AM

I’m thinking about joining Kano pool. I started out mining recently at BTC.com but have recently learned that they are more concerned with themselves than the crypto community. Can anybody with experience tell me what to expect differently switching to Kano? Currently I get some BTC every minute or so it seems like and then get the payout at 6pm every night with a little extra from transaction fees. I’m just curious what to expect from Kano. I’ll only have about 20th to bring to the pool for now until I get some more mining funds and can buy a few more miners.
Rewards each time we find a block.

I guess that other pool is PPS, here it's PPLNS.

See Help->Payouts for information about PPLNS and how the payouts work, and then ask questions about that information since it's all there.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:54:40 AM

You need two things here at Kano pool. Patience and a decent pair of dance shoes. If you can summon up some patience and stick out your ramp-up time you will have higher payouts than anywhere else. You will also experience a very active pool community and a very responvie pool operator.
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 02:18:58 AM

You need two things here at Kano pool. Patience and a decent pair of dance shoes. If you can summon up some patience and stick out your ramp-up time you will have higher payouts than anywhere else. You will also experience a very active pool community and a very responvie pool operator.

Did someone say dance?

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:19:58 AM

Not much point paying too close attention to the daily hash rate, it goes up and down a lot.
Just look for a pattern in the Pool->Graph Smiley
Yep, well aware of this but I noticed a name or two that fell off the board or dropped heavily in hashrate. Just an observation I thought was interesting.
A.Delaney

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:26:02 AM

Rewards each time we find a block.

I guess that other pool is PPS, here it's PPLNS.

See Help->Payouts for information about PPLNS and how the payouts work, and then ask questions about that information since it's all there.

Ya FPPS they call it.

I had read the payout info on the website. I’ll just try it out. That will probably be the easiest way to figure it out.
A.Delaney

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:32:24 AM

I always have patience for money. I still haven’t figured out the whole ramp up thing yet but I’ll figure it out as I go.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:36:36 AM

I always have patience for money. I still haven’t figured out the whole ramp up thing yet but I’ll figure it out as I go.
The 'ramp' is a side effect of how PPLNS works.
This 'pic' might help:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg26608107#msg26608107

Each reward is based on how much work you put in vs everyone else.
The total work for a reward is the N in PPLNS - so it takes time for you to get the full ratio of work based on your hash rate - which also happens to be N Smiley

Pecker

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:56:38 AM

Hey folks,

I'm a newbie and just switched my 4 s9 over to Kano. Someone told me to try Asspool and I was not impressed.   I don't really know much about all of these number and equations/calculations that are often discussed.  But I am HERE TO STAY WITH KANO.  Just let it all ride, lol

So what do you mean when you say ramp up?  People switching back and forth to different pools?  How do the mining blocks get allocated to all the different pools?  In other words, how does Kano get theirs when competing against the big pools?  How do you receive a reward and what for?

Just a lot to comprehend when your just starting out... all the different numbers and calculations overwhelming.  As long as I am hashing, and it shows all good on my miners and Kano workers I am good to go right?  Anything else I really need to pay attention to?

Thanks,

Pecker

Jeremiah1610

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:12:19 AM

The pay period is 5 times the network difficulty. Your pay per block is based on how many shares you put in during that period no matter how many blocks are found. So each time a block is found the pool will total your shares for the 5nd period vs the pool, and pay you. It takes roughly 2 weeks to ramp up, but then there is also ramp down after you stop mining. This keeps people from pool hopping as you need to stick around through the ramp up, but with the ramp up you are also covered for any potential downtime you experience. The pool expects to find a block every 3 or 4 days so don't expect a daily pay. To save transaction fee's when we pay ourselves we attach our payment to the next block we find so we can process it for free.
A.Delaney

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:30:07 AM

Ok I created a username and password. Then like a dummy I tried logging in a couple time not realizing my browser switched my username to my email so now Im locked out temporarily. I just connected the miner without logging in. I used my btc address for the user name. Is there anywhere on the site I can view the miner running? Or do I just assume its mining fine? Once I can log back in I will switch to my username instead of a btc address.

I did read where it says to view the worker stats to use the address shown. I cant get it to work though. Am I suppose to just copy and paste it?
Pages: « 1 ... 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: