Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350827 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
site2017

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:58:52 PM

Hi
Have good time
I do agree that the ramp up and ramp down are far too long, since they are more than 14 days (difficulty adjustment).  I know more hash rate would help get that further down, but it can be one minor negative to new miners who come online with koan.
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:07:20 PM

I do agree that the ramp up and ramp down are far too long, since they are more than 14 days (difficulty adjustment).  I know more hash rate would help get that further down, but it can be one minor negative to new miners who come online with kano.

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!

Don't you have some miners at that other pool?  Smiley

Nope.
Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:20:05 PM

As a new miner, my gripes are many; take it as constructive criticism.

There are a lot of repeated questions on here that could be easily addressed by an updated more concise website.

There is no way to know exactly where your ramp is, and with a ramp up taking over a full difficulty adj period, that is a lot of time to wait, coming from someone who already waited 2 plus months for their miner to arrive.

The website sucks: Compare it to slush, because yes that is the biggest competitor. Their interface is gorgeous. Lots of information, lots to see. All relevant stuff is addressed and laid out.

The app sucks: Again compared to slush, its ridiculous.

Spend the time and money to update the site. Make it more user friendly.(read newcomer) I'm slowly getting the hang of things, but I have to say none of the questions I've needed addressed would have happened at slush. Theres really no reason for the website and app to suck so hard in what is more or less the top of the computing world.
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:24:05 PM

There are a lot of repeated questions on here that could be easily addressed by an updated more concise website.

There is no way to know exactly where your ramp is, and with a ramp up taking over a full difficulty adj period, that is a lot of time to wait, coming from someone who already waited 2 plus months for their miner to arrive.

The website sucks: Compare it to slush, because yes that is the biggest competitor. Their interface is gorgeous. Lots of information, lots to see. All relevant stuff is addressed and laid out.

Spend the time and money to update the site. Make it more user friendly.(read newcomer) I'm slowly getting the hang of things, but I have to say none of the questions I've needed addressed would have happened at slush. Theres really no reason for the website and app to suck so hard in what is more or less the top of the computing world.

It's ok, bud. You may be happier at slush, but you'll make more here. Are your feelings and impressions of GUI's more important than your wallet balance?

edit: wanted to add that the website has all the information you need. 'sall good, homey.
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:28:42 PM

Ever wondered where the time and $$ comes from to make websites glitz and glamour? Or for that matter to pay to maintain them?  If so, you'll know exactly why there is the difference between payouts, pool fees, miner rewards, etc.

fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:37:42 PM

Ever wondered where the time and $$ comes from to make websites glitz and glamour? Or for that matter to pay to maintain them?  If so, you'll know exactly why there is the difference between payouts, pool fees, miner rewards, etc.

Beat me to it. I was going to say, while I agree that the site may not be the most visually stimulating and your points are not ridiculous, it takes time and money to get what you are asking. I am sure that if someone offers to pay Kano 10 BTC to update the site he would have no problem adding those features for you.
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:47:18 PM

Have there been any issues with the pool today? I just got back from an out of town wedding and see that my miners had all failed over to the 3 pool I have them on. Primary is the stratum.kano.is and secondary is nya. Not sure what happened to cause it. Maybe my internet connection bounced a couple of times or something.

Right here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg29061797#msg29061797

Yes, I was aware of that. I had blips in shifts quinn and again in sena and was just trying to decide why. Lost stratum and nya and ended up on my third pool. Not for long, about 15 min on quinn and 7 minutes or so on sena. Not to concerned, probably something on my end as no one else seemed to have the problem.

Mine on!

I was sitting here trying to figure out why my S7's were screaming at me. They all caught back on, but my ths never fully recovered. I'm not sure what's going on here but here's a snipet from where I lost stratum and my miners haven't recovered though all workers are hashing.
https://imgur.com/a/JYjQF

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:56:53 PM

It's ok, bud. You may be happier at slush, but you'll make more here. Are your feelings and impressions of GUI's more important than your wallet balance?

edit: wanted to add that the website has all the information you need. 'sall good, homey.

This isn't exactly how you win new people over, homey.

The website looking like a middle school science fair project with an app to match IS a legitimate issue. Someone suggesting that making it more usable than the current pile of dogshit would cost over 100k? or take time; implying that over three years isn't enough? Come on, lets be realists.

ROI is why I chose this pool, and adding a bit more horsepower to the pool would help lower the awesome variance.
perfectplus174

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:15:15 AM

The website looking like a middle school science fair project with an app to match IS a legitimate issue. Someone suggesting that making it more usable than the current pile of dogshit would cost over 100k? or take time; implying that over three years isn't enough? Come on, lets be realists.

ROI is why I chose this pool, and adding a bit more horsepower to the pool would help lower the awesome variance.

It's comments like this that make me understand the ramp more and more. I have zero complaints so far from this community or the payouts. The luck sucks right now, but that's luck for ya. We also had one hellova luck streak with 4 blocks in a couple days. I'm happy, but if bright lights and colors are needed to keep you clapping your hands, you could always leave......unless you have a couple thousand terahash, then moan as much as you wish. Happy mining.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
overcon

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:49:49 AM

I don't get why you need a fancy website for stats. Is it because they are difficult for you to understand? Or you think they are not clear enough? I mean he could invest time in a fancy site that might have some vulnerable code to make it all fancy. Or he could leave it self-coded with no vulnerabilities and your coin is safe and you get some stats on pool history. I like fancy sites as well, but in reality, it doesn't impact my usage of this pool or that pool. Whichever gets me the most return BTC short of mining solo.

Donate BTC to: 1PXBBTLqXQnT9qAyWsc51XGj2GUt4WW57x
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:52:20 AM

I don't get why you need a fancy website for stats. Is it because they are difficult for you to understand? Or you think they are not clear enough? I mean he could invest time in a fancy site that might have some vulnerable code to make it all fancy. Or he could leave it self-coded with no vulnerabilities and your coin is safe and you get some stats on pool history. I like fancy sites as well, but in reality, it doesn't impact my usage of this pool or that pool. Whichever gets me the most return BTC short of mining solo.

I agree. As far as I am concerned, everything I need is available and crystal clear.
admidiral

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:00:05 AM

im only interested in payment. not an any fancy gui or anything else

if money is good

no ui is fine. just something that we can check is fine

by the way, i eat an bucket of kfc already. blockkkk
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:05:56 AM

im only interested in payment. not an any fancy gui or anything else

if money is good

no ui is fine. just something that we can check is fine

by the way, i eat an bucket of kfc already. blockkkk

teriyaki chicken is being devoured as we speak.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:11:46 AM

What are you guys doing. Nothing is ever the pools fault. Its all luck. Kano has and continues to give 110 percent to this community. The difficulty is high and thats why Bitmain has branched out into newer algo type miners.
bigolin

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:16:27 AM

What are you guys doing. Nothing is ever the pools fault. Its all luck. Kano has and continues to give 110 percent to this community. The difficulty is high and thats why Bitmain has branched out into newer algo type miners.

They also just announced the T9+, which should really be the T9- based on the hashrate specs. They appear to be going backwards. This T9+ unit is 10.5 Th/s. No thanks.
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:23:15 AM

LoL wut? /s

Do you even have dance shoes, bro?

If I hear that you've not consumed chicken lately, my concern increases rapidly.

but, in all seriousness, because I can tell you don't like to "keep it light" as they say, and you are needing us to take this very seriously, I'll say that I understand your observations. Your assertions contain a degree of validity. I hope you stay, I appreciate the additional xh/s.
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

It's comments like this that make me understand the ramp more and more. I have zero complaints so far from this community or the payouts. The luck sucks right now, but that's luck for ya. We also had one hellova luck streak with 4 blocks in a couple days. I'm happy, but if bright lights and colors are needed to keep you clapping your hands, you could always leave......unless you have a couple thousand terahash, then moan as much as you wish. Happy mining.

Once I found the graph on the website it all became clear.
bigolin

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:00:13 AM

That moment when your entire neighborhood loses power and you immediately think your miners are to blame. Either way the worst news is the zero shifts being recorded as I wait for the power company to figure it out. Let's all take a moment and pray for the bigolin house to have power restored quickly, and this block to crack even quicker!
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:07:28 AM

That moment when your entire neighborhood loses power and you immediately think your miners are to blame. Either way the worst news is the zero shifts being recorded as I wait for the power company to figure it out. Let's all take a moment and pray for the bigolin house to have power restored quickly, and this block to crack even quicker!

I can fully relate. Never good to have idle miners!
2tights

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:12:59 AM

I can fully relate. Never good to have idle miners!

It's been really windy, here. The power went out briefly.
Pages: « 1 ... 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: