Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350105 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:46:46 AM

Nah, the miner should be running at 16-17 without the Asicboost...it's crap.

Some people can't seem to supress the udderly urge to waste meaningless transportation of air by saying things that nobody asked for, nor nobody wanted to hear... You must be a manager in real life i guess...

Why dont you just change your forumname to "white noise"... ?

A manager?   lololol   Try President/CEO.  You are so small time and insecure, it's hilarious.  

You going to go after kano next, or will you just slink away like you did the last time?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:07:14 AM

...Why dont you just change your forumname to "white noise"... ?
A manager?   lololol   Try President/CEO.  You are so small time and insecure, it's hilarious.  

You going to go after kano next, or will you just slink away like you did the last time?
Now, now... Let's all play nice and get back to the chicken, dancing, and block parties. Wink

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
highlander113

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:51:53 AM

...Why dont you just change your forumname to "white noise"... ?

Now, now... Let's all play nice and get back to the chicken, dancing, and block parties. Wink
Well what do you expect with the heat and difficulty rising I say we sacrifice another chicken and MIne on.
Experimenter

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:57:39 AM

Kano, since you didn't respond to my last PM, let me ask it again here.

Situation is the following. I had an account with a few Ebit E10 mining on this pool for several months. Yesterday that account was blocked. Kano said (in PM) the account is blocked because he "no longer trusts them to be mining properly". The E10 I own have a firmware 8.0.0.45 provided by the factory (Ebang). If there are any doubts - this firmware is still available on their web site. I suggested to arrange a remote access for Kano to have a look in case he suspects an incorrect behavior of these miners. In response, I was only asked to "mine elsewhere".

Does this mean Ebit E10 are not allowed on this pool at all?
Something tells me I'm not the only one running the E10. I really don't understand why my account caused any suspicions.

And, if E10 are not allowed, how about Ebit E9 / E9+ / E9.x that are currently offered by Ebang?
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:36:54 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 08:50:06 AM by kano

Kano, since you didn't respond to my last PM, let me ask it again here.

Situation is the following. I had an account with a few Ebit E10 mining on this pool for several months. Yesterday that account was blocked. Kano said (in PM) the account is blocked because he "no longer trusts them to be mining properly". The E10 I own have a firmware 8.0.0.45 provided by the factory (Ebang). If there are any doubts - this firmware is still available on their web site. I suggested to arrange a remote access for Kano to have a look in case he suspects an incorrect behavior of these miners. In response, I was only asked to "mine elsewhere".

Does this mean Ebit E10 are not allowed on this pool at all?
Something tells me I'm not the only one running the E10. I really don't understand why my account caused any suspicions.

And, if E10 are not allowed, how about Ebit E9 / E9+ / E9.x that are currently offered by Ebang?
I don't trust it.
You are the only one using it.

Testing it requires finding Bitcoin blocks.

Pools have lost a lot of BTC due to untested or improperly tested hacks.
The issue with Slush in Dec 2015 was exactly that - up to 500 BTC
ckpool software has lost at least 3 blocks due to shit testing and in the most recent case him then letting the miners take the fall.
Miners in both cases seem OK with losing BTC due to this sort of shit.
That's those pools, not this pool.

I will do my best to stop it happening here.
I keep track of a lot of data related to this, that ckpool DOES NOT BOTHER TO DO.
The testing I do is also well above the level of what Slush does.
ckpool has no idea how to do it at all.

Losing one miner with somewhere between 4 and 9 accounts (no idea why you have so many accounts) with miner versions that are suspect is no issue for me, I prefer to reduce the risk of miners losing rewards.

So can you 100% guarantee the modified firmware in your miners will find Bitcoin blocks?
Will you back that up with returning all the rewards you have made if there is an issue with it?
I think not.

Thus the answer I gave.

Though you left out part of my answer ... how unexpected.

Please mine somewhere else.
Any payouts/dust you are due you'll get the same as everyone else but no more.

Edit: for those wondering about if this is actually useful?
Early on in the pool I did indeed ban a few miners for such problems.

One admitted that indeed his changes to a proxy probably would cause the bad statistics.
He may or may not have lost a block in that time, but it was not a high % probability since the detection was well below block level.

Another I gave the option of continuing mining and I'd withhold payouts until his statistics were no longer so outrageously bad.
He left. I doubt he withheld a block either since it was even less probable than the above case.

However, had I not bothered to generate and keep the statistics necessary and not found these (and there were others) sooner or later one of them would have withheld blocks.

I consider this necessary.
A certain other pool obviously doesn't.
As I've said before, you're stupid to mine there and the payout naming specifically means that you are stupid also.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:03:59 AM

Block! by cryptostarusa Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Experimenter

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:06:04 AM

no idea why you have so many accounts
I am managing my own miners, as well as miners of some of my friends. Each one has its own wallet, of course. So each one has his own Kano account. I am managing it because I recommended them to mine here, and they trust me. It's nothing more than that.

So can you 100% guarantee the modified firmware in your miners will find Bitcoin blocks?
As I asked you in PM, what do you mean by the "modified firmware"?
The firmware on my miners is stock from the factory. Nothing was modified there.
It's not an overclocked S9 or anything like that (yes, I saw someone here trying to say something about custom firmware - but I am NOT using such). I do have my opinion about modifying firmware in general, but I won't even start to discuss it here, as it has no relation to the actual situation.

I can guarantee I did NOT touch the firmware. Thus, I am expecting these miners to work just like any other miner does - FINDING BLOCKS!

Though you left out part of my answer ... how unexpected.

Please mine somewhere else.
Any payouts/dust you are due you'll get the same as everyone else but no more.
It's not because I didn't want people to see it.
It's because my question was about the mining HW allowed, and NOT about payouts. Somehow I didn't even have a doubt my rewards will be paid...

I have a feeling you're trying to chase the wrong guy...
I don't understand HOW you come to think I am among those with the modified firmware...
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:24:12 AM

Love waking up to a block! Cheesy
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

Love waking up to a block! Cheesy

We all love the smell of napalm in the morning.

MINE AND GIN ON WITH KANO-SAN!
BSGMiner

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:42:29 PM

Thanks for the block, CryptoStar!

Mine on!

dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:08:07 PM

Some people can't seem to supress the udderly urge to waste meaningless transportation of air by saying things that nobody asked for, nor nobody wanted to hear... You must be a manager in real life i guess...

I think perception of reality is not one of your strongest capabilitys Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Neither of your stated claims have any relation to it.
Sure, at the end, a plummer that works for hire himself, is a ceo of his company indeed. President is a nice piece of soft cheese.

I'm not going to waste another second discussing with you. its a useless battle. I have a famous quote that fits in this discussion perfectly, and i'm going to exercise: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

bye.

ps. i never went to Kano. I'm a big boy myself.  Cheesy
ccgllc
Copper Member

Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:19:51 PM

I don't understand HOW you come to think I am among those with the modified firmware...

Just taking an educated guess, but I suspect by "firmware" Kano is referring to the version of cgminer your hardware is using.  e.g.  The manufacturer modified cgminer somehow.  

From Kano's response, it sounds like modified cgminer software has been known to cause problems to pools in the past (block stealing, bad stats, etc.).

Thus he isn't banning you as a personal thing, but rather not allowing your hardware on the pool to protect the pool and its other users.   This feels similar to me to the ban of rental equipment he has in place (Nicehash specifically, plus some others)

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:08:58 PM

I think perception of reality is not one of your strongest capabilitys Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Neither of your stated claims have any relation to it.
Sure, at the end, a plummer that works for hire himself, is a ceo of his company indeed. President is a nice piece of soft cheese.

I'm not going to waste another second discussing with you. its a useless battle. I have a famous quote that fits in this discussion perfectly, and i'm going to exercise: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

bye.

ps. i never went to Kano. I'm a big boy myself.  Cheesy

Yep slinking away yet again.   BTW, what is a plummer, are you talking about Christopher?  You're so far in over your head with this, and yet you just don't realize it.

ps, you did go to kano, just not in the way you thought you "didn't".         

"There's only two things I can't stand in this world. Those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch."
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:52:17 PM

I'm liking all these quotes today. Here's one:

Quote from:  Shazam!!! 's Grandpa on Thanksgiving Day 1983
Where's the damn Turkey already!?!?!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Experimenter

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:45:03 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2)

Just taking an educated guess, but I suspect by "firmware" Kano is referring to the version of cgminer your hardware is using.  e.g.  The manufacturer modified cgminer somehow.  

From Kano's response, it sounds like modified cgminer software has been known to cause problems to pools in the past (block stealing, bad stats, etc.).

Thus he isn't banning you as a personal thing, but rather not allowing your hardware on the pool to protect the pool and its other users.   This feels similar to me to the ban of rental equipment he has in place (Nicehash specifically, plus some others)
Thanks! I tried to think of it this way, too. This would make sense if I'm the only person on this pool using Ebit E10. Something tells me this is very unlikely... there were a lot of E10 shipped all over the world around March-April this year...

Even if it's the case and I'm so unique with the hardware I have (or manage for others), my question still remains - how about other Ebit devices? I have a few E9+ (or E9++, or whatever they're called) - should I take them out, too? The decision criteria for banning are unclear to me. And while the technical details may be a know-how and not to be disclosed, I would at least like to have some kind of a list of equipment prone to be banned. So I won't buy one of those next time I go shopping for a miner.
And no, a term 'modified firmware' doesn't give me the answer, as I believe every vendor modifies cgminer - one way or another.

Up until yesterday, I thought the restrictions applied only to rented hash and AsicBoost (with work in progress to add support for the last). Looking at the way things went today, Ebit E10 are also not allowed. What's next? We have Canaan (unfortunately Avalons are still a bit pricey in my region, even today), and Bitmain (noone likes them, but everybody uses their Antminers). Are these the only supported / allowed vendors?
ccgllc
Copper Member

Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:44:02 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2), Experimenter (1)

Up until yesterday, I thought the restrictions applied only to rented hash and AsicBoost (with work in progress to add support for the last). Looking at the way things went today, Ebit E10 are also not allowed. What's next? We have Canaan (unfortunately Avalons are still a bit pricey in my region, even today), and Bitmain (noone likes them, but everybody uses their Antminers). Are these the only supported / allowed vendors?

Well... I for one appreciate Kano watching out for the pool in order to make sure the members get all the shares they deserve.  Few other pool administrators do that, fewer still have any idea HOW to do that.

Kano really REALLY doesn't like repeating himself.  He did state in his original response that you were the only one running the unknown firmware.

From observation:  I can state that all current S9s, T9s, etc. from Bitmain and all Avalon 821 & 841s (and I suspect earlier versions but those were before my time here) are supported since they behave as expected.

Given the problems Slushpool recently had, and that they are one of the ASICboost pools, I'm left wondering if there is a coorelation?  Therefore VERY happy that Kano is as protective as he is.  Am sorry that it affected you personally.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
BSGMiner

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:06:49 AM

...Am sorry that it affected you personally.
Agreed. Sorry for your situation. Best of luck.

Experimenter

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:34:57 AM

Understood and accepted.
I will not point Ebit E10 to this pool anymore.
If there are no objections, I will keep other miners running here as there were no suspicions towards them.

Mine on!
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:36:57 AM

Given the problems Slushpool recently had,

Oh I missed that...
this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg41534985#msg41534985?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Ze777

Activity: 77
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:52:26 PM

Oh boy,i can`t emphasise how happy i am that Kano`s our chief and watching out for our safety and wellbeing,from what i read here and on other forum threads,things are going really numb for the "other" pools.

Waiting for a Pangolin M3x by the end of the next week,so the question comes:

Is it cleared for mining here on the pool ?
Does anyone else own it? I think someone does have it here,can you share some info? Stable hashrate,[EDIT-temperatures],etcetera?  Grin

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!

I proudly mine at kano.is
Pages: « 1 ... 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: