Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218393 times)
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 09:07:08 AM

In case you didnt know the story with Raspberry Pi:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/ce-compliance

Hahaha "China Export"

intentionally left blank
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 09:18:30 AM

In case you didnt know the story with Raspberry Pi:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/ce-compliance

Hahaha "China Export"

Yeah, I love that:

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 10:34:50 AM

Note about EMC. If certification is needed for European customers (and I've no idea if it is), it's worth mentioning that Enterpoint has a CE logo on their board (and the right one, not the fake meaning "China Export") : I just checked mine.

Given that Enterpoint seems full of friendly people Tom might want to get in contact with them (if it's not already done) on this subject.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3068

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 12:23:59 PM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Enough with the trolling. I'm tired of seeing thread reports for this thread. Next step is I talk to theymos about banning all the BFL shills.

I'm so pleased someone with a bit of clout has said this, it's so incredibly transparent what they're up to. And I knew full well that speaking out would almost certainly get me labelled as a bASIC or Avalon shill, so that was never a winner. Why can't these people see that they're damaging their own reputation, not that of bASIC or Avalon? It seems most unwise as a long term strategy (which implies, worryingly for the BFL customers, a short term strategy)

Vires in numeris
Nootropic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:53:31 PM

bASIC product details do not mention power supply, only DC barrel connector in the specs.
So do i need to acquire separately a power supply and connector?

Or is there even the barrel connector supplied  so i can easily hook it up to any power supply providing sufficient 12VDC?

It would be really nice if bASIC is just as finished product as BFLs are, ie. everything supplied in a case + fans, just plug it in.

I would like too to know if the  barrel connector is supplied with the device or should I buy it, in that case any suggestion?

Best

I'd like to get an answer for this too :/
WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 02:38:18 PM

bASIC product details do not mention power supply, only DC barrel connector in the specs.

Or is there even the barrel connector supplied  so i can easily hook it up to any power supply providing sufficient 12VDC?

It would be really nice if bASIC is just as finished product as BFLs are, ie. everything supplied in a case + fans, just plug it in.

I would like too to know if the  barrel connector is supplied with the device or should I buy it, in that case any suggestion?

Best

Guys, bASIC boards will have both Molex and barrel connectors on-board and you are free to use any one.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:38:58 PM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Enough with the trolling. I'm tired of seeing thread reports for this thread. Next step is I talk to theymos about banning all the BFL shills.

Thanks D3, much appreciated!
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:41:18 PM

Or is there even the barrel connector supplied  so i can easily hook it up to any power supply providing sufficient 12VDC?

I would like too to know if the  barrel connector is supplied with the device or should I buy it, in that case any suggestion?

Best

Maybe someone with a little time should help with a FAQ so that Tom could amend them into the first post.
Nootropic

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:46:58 PM

Or is there even the barrel connector supplied  so i can easily hook it up to any power supply providing sufficient 12VDC?

I would like too to know if the  barrel connector is supplied with the device or should I buy it, in that case any suggestion?

Best

Guys, bASIC boards will have both Molex and barrel connectors on-board and you are free to use any one.

What does a "barrel connector on-board" mean. Does that mean that the bASIC will have a female dc barrel connection available and we will need to provide our own dc adapter? Or does that mean that the bASIC will actually include the proper dc adapter? A couple pages back it was discussed how not all dc adapters are the same.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

From reading the thread I expect that the bASIC board needs a 12V power supply that is not delivered with the boards. Maybe Tom can clarify this point and writes the exact specifications for the onboard power connectors?!

BTW you can get 12V server PSUs ranging from 300W to 1kW on eBay for about 10USD. These PSUs have a high quality and are a cheap solution to power your mining hardware.
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 03:21:55 PM

Best

What does a "barrel connector on-board" mean. Does that mean that the bASIC will have a female dc barrel connection available and we will need to provide our own dc adapter? Or does that mean that the bASIC will actually include the proper dc adapter? A couple pages back it was discussed how not all dc adapters are the same.

From what I understood.

The device will have a molex connector (similiar to what a hard drive/DVD would have)

and also a barrel connector, possibly something like this:

No power supply will be included with the device.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 03:45:03 PM

Barrel connectors are pain in the arse, especially socket ones. You should wait Tom to give you exact specs for what is he using before buying the power converter.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:22:02 PM

Barrel connectors are pain in the arse, especially socket ones. You should wait Tom to give you exact specs for what is he using before buying the power converter.

Power supplies FTW.  There should be plenty of them around when ASICs arrive. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:25:35 PM

I believe what abracadabra posted is correct. The board is supposed to have a female 4pin molex as well as a female DC coaxial connector.  
My understanding was that it is to be a center +ve 2.1mmID 5.5mmOD type.

I also see from the bASIC website that a power adapter aka "wall wart" does not appear to be included in the accessories so you will probably have to provide your own.

I would wait though for Tom to confirm these points.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
cablepair (OP)

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 06:11:54 PM

for board power we included the option of using either 4 pin molex or your common 12v dc barrel jack connector like what they use on the bitforce single.

As we do not provide power supplies for these units we wanted to make sure everyone would be able to power their units in the way that they wished.

My personal opinion would be to

buy something like this:

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

which is a highly efficient and top notch PSU - as far as I know the only PSU certified to platinum efficiency status is Seasonic.

I personally use these on my fpga rigs - one of these 1000 watt babies will easily power 8-10 54Gh/s bASICS

Now I owe a huge apology to my customers who are waiting on email responses. I have some family issues I have to deal with that are going to keep me away until monday. but I give you my word that I will have all outstanding emails inquiries addressed by monday morning at the latest.

For anyone else that needs me you are certainly welcome to call me at any time (315) 514-0269

as many of my friends here can attest to - if you do not get me on the first try its likely I am with another customer or otherwise cannot come to the phone so PLEASE keep trying
if your calling from the USA and leave a message I will almost ALWAYS return the call. If you are calling international please keep calling - I will answer eventually I promise!

Take care my friends and hang in there- things are moving forward and looking really good and so far we are looking like we can keep that tentative ship schedule

to DiabloD3 and all the other excellent staff members here I highly appreciate your level handed justice, not many of us remember what this forum once was, but I for one do. It was my favorite, most intelligent and open minded and polite place on the internet,  however attempts at its destruction are being made daily by agenda driven trolls with no lives have made it their duty to disrupt this thread and this forum in general I applaud the staff members for doing such a good job, you have my continued support and if there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Lets keep this thread on subject gentleman please. If obvious trolls pop up and try to post off topic and de-rail again please dont hesitate to report to moderator, but otherwise I want to see my supporters posting on topic and I am sure you will. Remember we are the good guys here and we need to act like it  Smiley

anyways I am off - I will be around as much as I can be but email's pm's wont be answered until monday - if you need a question answered and it cant wait until monday do it the old fashion way and give me a call

take care my brothers
Tom

Nootropic

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:31:41 PM

for board power we included the option of using either 4 pin molex or your common 12v dc barrel jack connector like what they use on the bitforce single.

As we do not provide power supplies for these units we wanted to make sure everyone would be able to power their units in the way that they wished.

My personal opinion would be to

buy something like this:

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

which is a highly efficient and top notch PSU - as far as I know the only PSU certified to platinum efficiency status is Seasonic.

I personally use these on my fpga rigs - one of these 1000 watt babies will easily power 8-10 54Gh/s bASICS

Now I owe a huge apology to my customers who are waiting on email responses. I have some family issues I have to deal with that are going to keep me away until monday. but I give you my word that I will have all outstanding emails inquiries addressed by monday morning at the latest.

For anyone else that needs me you are certainly welcome to call me at any time (315) 514-0269

as many of my friends here can attest to - if you do not get me on the first try its likely I am with another customer or otherwise cannot come to the phone so PLEASE keep trying
if your calling from the USA and leave a message I will almost ALWAYS return the call. If you are calling international please keep calling - I will answer eventually I promise!

Take care my friends and hang in there- things are moving forward and looking really good and so far we are looking like we can keep that tentative ship schedule

to DiabloD3 and all the other excellent staff members here I highly appreciate your level handed justice, not many of us remember what this forum once was, but I for one do. It was my favorite, most intelligent and open minded and polite place on the internet,  however attempts at its destruction are being made daily by agenda driven trolls with no lives have made it their duty to disrupt this thread and this forum in general I applaud the staff members for doing such a good job, you have my continued support and if there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Lets keep this thread on subject gentleman please. If obvious trolls pop up and try to post off topic and de-rail again please dont hesitate to report to moderator, but otherwise I want to see my supporters posting on topic and I am sure you will. Remember we are the good guys here and we need to act like it  Smiley

anyways I am off - I will be around as much as I can be but email's pm's wont be answered until monday - if you need a question answered and it cant wait until monday do it the old fashion way and give me a call

take care my brothers
Tom

PSUs and molex connectors are great, i'm sure, but I for one do not have a pc to use with my bASIC. I will be using a RPi to host it, so molex  and PSUs are out of the question.

I suppose I will wait for you to specify exactly what kind of dc adapter we will need.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:31:49 PM

There you have it guys, thats the power estimation, now we know its NOT "up to 10 27GH bASIC" devices.
So, power consumption is anywhere between 1.85w/GH to 2.31w/GH

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:51:52 PM

There you have it guys, thats the power estimation, now we know its NOT "up to 10 27GH bASIC" devices.

Excellent news and I doubt anyone would dispute the fact that these power consumption estimates are in fact competitive.

gyverlb

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 07:44:12 PM

It could be lower than 1.85J/GH (or W/(GH/s), but you get my meaning). Tom said "easily power 8-10 54GH/s bASICS".

If it's easy to power 8-10 it should be easy to power 10. I suspect this fuzzy estimation is because he knows the absolute worst case scenario for power requirements and it probably involves bASICS running at more than 54Gh/s (through better mining software or overclocking) in this worst case 8 should be the max. But in a more likely configuration (no or small speedup) 10 should have a healthy margin : <1.85J/GH.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 07:45:03 PM

I believe what abracadabra posted is correct. The board is supposed to have a female 4pin molex as well as a female DC coaxial connector.  
My understanding was that it is to be a center +ve 2.1mmID 5.5mmOD type.

I also see from the bASIC website that a power adapter aka "wall wart" does not appear to be included in the accessories so you will probably have to provide your own.

I would wait though for Tom to confirm these points.

Are you sure it's the 2.1mm ID barrel connector?  There is also a type with 2.5mm ID.

If you use a "wall wart", you will need one that supplies quite a few amps.  To supply 100W at 12V, it would need to handle 8.333A.  You can get 12V "power brick"-style adapters on eBay rated up to 10A.

I plan to use an ATX power supply myself.  I trust their quality and output stability more than I do random wallwarts.  I'd hate to kill a thousand-dollar piece of hardware because I powered it using a crappy wallwart.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: