Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Levels - EW analysis  (Read 355073 times)
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

holy smokes have you guys seen the new POLO UI?

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xcp

OMFG A+++++ job

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:34:41 PM

OMFG A+++++ job

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bagholding XCP huh?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 10:44:25 PM

OMFG A+++++ job

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bagholding XCP huh?

yea i heard it might be used for a stock exchange for a listed stock Wink

i got no problem holding that bag Cheesy

I actually meant to post this elsewhere
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:40:17 AM

[/quote]

By my most probable counts, two weeks from now it should be clear where the market is going.
If there will be a slow uptrend, eventually breaking resistance at 365$, in which case 275$ was THE bottom, or
there will be a slow downtrend which will accelerate about two weeks from now and crash probably below 200$.
[/quote]

Sorry, i don't see us crashing below $ 200. Its not plausible given everything happening around Bitcoin right now. $ 266, possibly and even then, a candlestick hammer with a long tail.

below $200? Really?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:46:45 AM

By my most probable counts, two weeks from now it should be clear where the market is going.
If there will be a slow uptrend, eventually breaking resistance at 365$, in which case 275$ was THE bottom, or
there will be a slow downtrend which will accelerate about two weeks from now and crash probably below 200$.

Sorry, i don't see us crashing below $ 200. Its not plausible given everything happening around Bitcoin right now. $ 266, possibly and even then, a candlestick hammer with a long tail.

below $200? Really?

If we break 266 then the panic could take us there. It's not in my sights yet, but it all depends on how/if we get to $266 (speed and strength)

watuba

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

So much talk about a new bull run beginning  Huh Ive seen online articles published about this little movement from 1870.

There is nothing substantial to support this.

I am still expecting us to wander in zig zags for a month or so to form an ending diagonal. Bad trading environment. Its gonna suck.

Id like to leave you all with this video I find relevant to the thread. See how although the particles of the system are sometimes hopelessly out of phase, they never fail to find a common denominator given time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVkdfJ9PkRQ

I don't quite understand why it's untradeable.  If you're certain this is going to end around 270, why not take a medium term short here with a high stop loss and ride it out?  That's a pretty good risk/reward if like $365 invalidates this count.

chessnut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:50:57 PM

I don't quite understand why it's untradeable.  If you're certain this is going to end around 270, why not take a medium term short here with a high stop loss and ride it out?  That's a pretty good risk/reward if like $365 invalidates this count.

Its not unreadable, just difficult to read and ambiguous. Impulses move cleanly and offer excellent risk/reward entries. The zig zags inbetween are not worth worrying about. Like Ive said wave V could well be diminished as wave III as over extended, so Im not counting on revisit of 270. Id only expect slightly lower lows here for my own protection. Also, while wave V is the count I am following, there are still alternative possibilities that I see are unlikely, but like I noted this behaviour is ambiguous. for example this could be a wave B of a (very!) large flat correction. Furthermore ending diagonals end violently. I would not want to be caught holding a medium term short at the bottom of this market.

Having said that, here is a decisive count. The steep upward thrust which occurred today out of nowhere seems likely to be the result of an EW triangle. Triangles are terminal moves so I expect the move to be fully retraced at least.

As the thrust resolves to the down side we might see what place a triangle has at this point exactly.

Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

below $200? Really?

If we break 266 then the panic could take us there. It's not in my sights yet, but it all depends on how/if we get to $266 (speed and strength)

If it was to break below 266 last weekend was a good time. It stayed above 300 which is a bullish sign to me.
Still have to wait and watch to see which it goes.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:55:23 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 06:20:39 PM by RyNinDaCleM

below $200? Really?

If it was to break below 266 last weekend was a good time. It stayed above 300 which is a bullish sign to me.
Still have to wait and watch to see which it goes.

Just as an option that leads toward the previous ATH and the long term trend line

I even said it in another thread that we would get a bounce from around 300. This count is completely valid and somewhat likely to happen.

edit
This is the ending diagonal that chessnut is talking about. Comprised by all zigzags until the bitter end, possibly concluding in a double bottom.

Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

Just as an option that leads toward the previous ATH and the long term trend line

I even said it in another thread that we would get a bounce from around 300. This count is completely valid and somewhat likely to happen.

What is the time scale for this option? A couple of weeks?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:31:53 AM

There is never any time scale really, just rough estimates based on traders' biases?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:59:49 AM

There is never any time scale really, just rough estimates based on traders' biases?

EW does tend to hold channels for the length of an impulse. Then the group of 5 channels make one large channel. So, often you can gauge an approximate time, but Bitcoin has it's moments where your expectation is just obliterated by a long sideways consolidation. This is why I don't usually give time frames.

I try my best to keep biases out of my charts. Mainly because I will trade in both directions and it does me no good to only look at one direction. It's just that this rise has properties of a corrective pull back as opposed to an impulsive move.
-Too much overlap throughout the move
-Heavily decreasing volume during the rise in price
-Indecision

As well as properties that the last decline wasn't the final decline;
-Lower lows on all the shorter term indicators 4hr and less (read no divergence)
-heavier volume indicating a 3rd wave
-decent spike in the indicators during this rise indicating a 4th wave of some degree

If I had to give a timeline on that particular count, I would say 1-6 weeks.

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:14:58 AM

EW does tend to hold channels for the length of an impulse. Then the group of 5 channels make one large channel. So, often you can gauge an approximate time, but Bitcoin has it's moments where your expectation is just obliterated by a long sideways consolidation. This is why I don't usually give time frames.

I try my best to keep biases out of my charts. Mainly because I will trade in both directions and it does me no good to only look at one direction. It's just that this rise has properties of a corrective pull back as opposed to an impulsive move.
-Too much overlap throughout the move
-Heavily decreasing volume during the rise in price
-Indecision

As well as properties that the last decline wasn't the final decline;
-Lower lows on all the shorter term indicators 4hr and less (read no divergence)
-heavier volume indicating a 3rd wave
-decent spike in the indicators during this rise indicating a 4th wave of some degree

If I had to give a timeline on that particular count, I would say 1-6 weeks.

I went with my gut feel. This move up felt a lot like a while back - when we hit $ 392 for example then went down, $ 380s same happened etc

Also, a strong bull would have broken 330 level in a shorter period. We've been at it for a while now. I recall the move up from $ 275 bottom up past every resistance. Typically, that's the force i expect for a wave V?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

6 hourly on Bitstamp

Down possibly soon?

Looks like an INVERTED double bottom.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

6 hourly on Bitstamp

Down possibly soon?

Looks like an INVERTED double bottom.

So, double top? Tongue
The divergence is quite pronounced there, as well as on all the time frames below it. The main thing holding this up is the reluctance to sell from FOMO. Off the top, a small degree first wave down looks to be complete.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 05:36:40 PM

30 min chart has a rising RSI and a flat to slightly downward price action giving us positive divergence. Also 12HR, 1D, and 3D EMA pattern looks bullish. I'm expecting an upswing.

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:56:47 PM

30 min chart has a rising RSI and a flat to slightly downward price action giving us positive divergence. Also 12HR, 1D, and 3D EMA pattern looks bullish. I'm expecting an upswing.

Bullish on the 30 min is a high tail tip on a higher time frame candlestick.

What bullish number do you have in mind?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:05:58 PM

What bullish number do you have in mind?

Short term: Tree-fitty

That will take us back up to the downward resistance trend line that we've been unable to break.

chessnut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:16:59 AM

Wave v ending diagonal is still valid. The latest rally to 2085 was impressive but not critical. I expect a gentle down trend to complete wave v. Ending diagonals are fragile things, it could end violently bullish so take care bears. 

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:23:48 AM

Wave v ending diagonal is still valid. The latest rally to 2085 was impressive but not critical. I expect a gentle down trend to complete wave v. Ending diagonals are fragile things, it could end violently bullish so take care bears. 

imugr?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: