Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:33:58 PM

Be it notified that there is a rare opportunity to buy land in the Old Town Centre (1-C) just now available! The 2nd oldest tavern built in the Town, "Behind the Cathedral", facing the d'Armagnac square, with no conservation or building restrictions (except max height of 15 m due to the church nearby), and views to the d'Armagnac church, Town Hall and Episcopal Palace. Price is only 500 mil!

I'd like to buy it  Smiley

Sold. I felt that "do I really want to sell it - the historical, unique, building from the earliest decades of the town - for merely €250??" but I felt that somebody else can better use the lot now as the advertising value of having holdings in the landing screen becomes relevant. Sometimes it is time to let go. Good bye, Behind the Cathedral! Interesting to see what happens next!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

Lord binaryFate has been created Earl. "The Earl of (insert county name here!) has shown trust in the game at this interesting moment."

Lord binaryFate, the new Earl of Naoned is humbled by this generous promotion! Long live HM and our Kingdom!

Congratulations, my Lordship. And even the humble peasants profit: I, Anjeshka, now own a ring that once belonged to a lord! Wink
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:16:05 PM

Current situation:

5 @ 65  King
5 @ 62  OZ
5 @ 60  King
5 @ 60  Ramsey
-------------------
20 units will be sold at 60,000,000 each, paying back 100,000,000 each (67% APR; 0.140% daily)

The Auction has ended with the result above, and entries will be made shortly! (Bonds will now reside in the /STOCK tab).

The Hypothecary Bank in CryptoTown will consider to start discounting (marketmaking) of bonds, to lend them more liquidity and profit from the commissions.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:00:28 PM

Reconstruction Medal

A scroll is opened and the herald cries with a loud voice:

"Reconstruction is starting, and the Town wants to recognize the characters who give their utmost to the effort. The King has promised to establish a Mint for the various minting needs of the Kingdom, and one of the earliest projects will be the minting of the Reconstruction Medal.

§1 The Medal is given by the Town Council for Valor in Reconstruction.

§2 The Medal is of 3 classes, Bronze, Silver and Gold (of the respective metals, material included), which may be given in succession but only one of each per character.

§3 The Medal is yearmarked, and the earliest year is 1600 and the latest is 1609 or the year when the Reconstruction has deemed to be ended if prior. (1601 is the first week since the launch of V.4: Reconstruction.)

§4 'From Each, according to his Capacity'. The higher status you are, the more you have to contribute to receive the medal. Nobles are not given bronze medals at all."

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:08:55 PM

introducing... CryptoKingdomGold.com

Check here for live price updates without having to bother with slow Google sheets!

You can also calculate the buy/sell price of your orders without needing to download the spreadsheet.

I will be updating the site frequently with additional features, any feedback is appreciated.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:31:55 PM

Building repairs are starting!

Now - this was not expected, was it??  Wink

In the midst of an ordinary day, a cloud of dust was rising from the (still unpaved) road between New City and Old Town. A caravan of bull carts! Carrying window glass! This was estimated in early 1602, and we are still in August 1600.. But time has been strange and surely if we now get these windows, we should use them to prevent further damage to the buildings and make the city look more habitable - even though we have already managed to live very well without the windows, the autumn is coming...

The windows will be added to the owners' accounts in /F_OWN asap (current situation is in /RWWC), and billed.

From now on, until the things change, it is possible to repair the buildings' structures, add windows, and add luxuries!

Cost of a Repair Project (select from the following options)

- Full Repair to 120% (existing luxury must be converted to AIC before repair, excellent work) - 120,000 m/floor-sqm
- Full Repair to 80% (existing luxury must be converted to AIC before repair, shoddy work) - 60,000 m/floor-sqm
- Partial Repair by 20% (luxury remains, and may be increased; only the holes are patched, may raise to max 80%) - 40,000 m/floor-sqm
- Increase of Luxury - 2,000 m/%_of_lux/sqm
- Installing of Windows (standard pane) - 60,000 m/sqm (+ window cost)
- BI (Building Inspector) cost

Benefits of a Repair Project

- Installing the windows causes the immediate benefit that there is no structural deterioration until the game is re-launched (and much less after). Without windows, the buildings may experience further deterioration before re-launch.
- Only 5,000 window-sqm exist and they are allocated to the pre-orderers. Buy from them if you want windows.
- When the game re-launches, the availability of windows will be limited and not having them is a 35-50% hit in the pool shares for that building.
- The year of reconstruction of a building is recorded and only the ones fixed before the re-launch, will be "1600".
- The renovators will get Reconstruction Medals.
- Highest amount of the coveted AIC dated 1600
- If the repair% is low enough, the building has a risk of collapse. Repairing the risky buildings now eliminates the risk.
- When the game re-launches, there is a lot to do. Repairing now has your things in order when it's the time to start the business.
- It is cheaper to repair now! The formula ingame is not decided yet.

Luxury conversion to AIC rules

For the time being, the luxury% of the buildings goes down every passing week. When the luxuries are replaced as part of the Repair Project, they are converted to AIC currently at a favourable formula of rounddown(0.01 AIC*%_of_lux*sqm). Thus a 100 sqm house at 100% lux means 100 AIC! The formula may change in the future. The year of the AIC will be the year of the last Repair Project or 1600 (because it is the first year of non-Ancient items, and Ancient items cannot be created any more).

The AIC can be converted to Items or silver as before, or sold as AIC in the markets. These details will be published soon.

Contact the admins for practicalities in the Repair Projects, and admins: do not hesitate to contact me if at all unsure how to record the trades!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:47:03 PM

More on Building Repair Projects; Q&As

1. New building is not allowed. Modifications are not allowed. The clearing of collapsed buildings is not allowed. The projects now do not change the # of stone in the building, so the project cost is 100% work. (Later also stone may need to be partially replaced to achieve the same result.)

2. The project cost goes 50% to Town (imports), 50% to #37 Special Services Pool, from where it will be prorated to all pools. Admins may charge whatever they like for their troubles; the default fee of 5% is charged if there is no agreement to the contrary.

3. One project is one row in the /BLDG tab. No changing of "Building borders". The relevant columns are:
"H" (set the year to 1600 if renovated)
"J" (floor area affects costs and AIC gains)
"P" (set to "1" when the windows are in place)
"Q" (what type of windows? "WIRS" is the new standard)
"R" (how many windows? Please reduce the amount in the /F_OWN tab accordingly!)
"V" (repair% is the figure that you can set to 0.8 or 1.2 or raise by 0.2 so that it becomes max 0.8, depending on the type of the project)
"W" (luxury% is erased and converted to AIC in the "big" projects - unaffected in the small - after which you can buy new luxuries)
"CA" (for notes, if you do something worth mention)

4. The doors may not yet be installed; each building has the makeshift doors for now.

5. New Rouen Windows Order auction, same as the one now delivered, will start now and last for 24 hours (in /RWWC tab). Minimum price is 140,000 m, since this is their asking price. This will also be the minimum RWWC price and they are backlogged already.  

6. The complete list of windows types that can be installed, and their installation costs (payable as part of the project):

WIA35 (yields 35 sqm of windowglass, may only be given to RWWC for processing at a cost of 2 mil)
WIMA3, WIMA2, WIA1 = installation cost 50,000/sqm (WIMA3 is one sheet of 3 sqm, WIMA2 is 2 sqm, WIA1 is 1 sqm)
WIASG (1 sqm total, small pieces of ancient stained glass, installation cost 400,000/sqm)
WIAL = installation cost 50,000/sqm (ancient large pane; banned in new production)
WIAS, WIRS = installation cost 60,000/sqm (WIRS is new, WIAS is ancient standard pane)
WIASS = installation cost 100,000/sqm (small pane)
WIASSS = installation cost 140,000/sqm (tiny pane)

7. Don't mix different types of windows in the same building without reason and record the types appropriately.

8. For now, because we are afraid of the earthquake, only WIRS windows are manufactured.

9. It makes sense to make a quick fix at least to buildings that are in the danger of collapsing because they may collapse tomorrow.

10. Maximum luxury that can be had after the project can be calculated as follows (Building refers to one row, "building" to the total construction in the lot):

100% baselevel in any Building
+50% if the avg room size in the Building is 40 sqm or more
+50% if the building is called Palace or is a recognized public building
+50% if the repair was made to repair%=1.2 exactness
+50% if the building is 300 sqm or more
+50% on Royal permission

EXAMPLE

The King wants to rededicate the Throne Room this 1600-8-3.

a) First add the "1600" to "last renovated"
b) Check the window situation; it has 21 sqm of no windows, so we will use 21 WIRS factory fresh windows to replace them and remove them from the /F_OWN
c) The repair is 0.73!! That is remarkable and makes it needless to make a structural renovation, which would just cause all the lux to be converted to AIC (some would aim to do it to acquire items but I have enough and will get more in the process of the repairs)
d) The lux is 1.16. We naturally want to have the highest possible and all conditions except having repaired to 1.2 are fulfilled, so 300%-116%=184% of lux is bought. It is possible to buy lux without making structural repairs and vice versa (but large structural repairs erase lux)

The cost is 21 * 60,000 + 184% * 92 sqm * 2,000 = 1,260,000 + 33,856,000 = 35,116,000.

Cheap as yesterday's special in Golden Goose! The money is deposited half in Town and half in Special Services Pool

The structural renovation would have cost 11,040,000, not exactly much, but then I would have needed to buy 21,344,000 worth of lux to get the same result - although I would have received 106 AIC, which I could have converted or sold (if markets emerge).

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:15:51 PM

The Herald from HE The Prince of Soul proclaims:

"My Master is exceedingly glad for having received as much as 2,000 sqm of windows (WIRS) in the recent order. While there is no question whether he could utilize them all and more, he is merciful to smaller holders and is selling small amounts of windows to the needy for 250,000 m/sqm. Not for speculators. Just inform any of the admins for the project and he can tap into these windows. Offer expires when the balance of Prince of Soul WIRS in /F_OWN drops below 800 units."

sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:02:19 PM

Check here for live price updates without having to bother with slow Google sheets!

You can also calculate the buy/sell price of your orders without needing to download the spreadsheet.

I will be updating the site frequently with additional features, any feedback is appreciated.

Looks great! I love the keyup refresh on the price. Those are the kinds of details that make people love sites like those Smiley

wannaPlayCK

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:20:36 PM

This project interests me.

I've gathered that there's currently no playable client, but people are staking their claims in game for when the client becomes available.

How would I go about doing that?

Is there some way to buy land or stock up on gold for cheap prices before the client release? How do I get into this early? Or is it too late and I just have to wait and watch for release? Can I still register an account?

How do I get into this game?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:22:58 PM

It is such a pleasure to tend to the buildings that have been in sorry shape for real-months, without any possibility to be repaired.

I have now reinstated the luxury of the Throne Room to 300% and windowed it, structure-repaired, luxurified and windowed the historic Zenon Castle which was about to collapse, refurbished the Foreign Ministry to 200% lux and the last but not least glorious:

King's Coinshop is still conducting business in the highest floor of the Old Dept Store (est. 1472) in J.G. South.

The Old Department Store is completely renovated, almost rebuilt, to 120% of repair and 80-160% of luxury, with windows of course! The King's Coinshop can now function even better!

The costs for the projects reached 360 mil, proving that repairing stuff is quite affordable and easy. Soul has kindly given his windows to be available for everybody who might have need. Everything is thus ready for the Reconstruction to begin!

HM The King has been given the Silver Reconstruction Medal for his efforts in reconstruction.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:50:09 AM

Looks great! I love the keyup refresh on the price. Those are the kinds of details that make people love sites like those Smiley

Thanks!

I updated the site to display the new midprice value as you calculate your buy or sell order.

For my next project I am working on some admin tools to simplify tedious tasks like adding deposits and transfering moneretos between users in T_MON.

Goal: 1 week

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:04:15 AM

So, about 1,100 mil has been spent by the King, Tavastia, Soul, Town and some others, to fix the most pressing structural needs and

reinstate the grand edifices in the Town!

Throne Room
Embassy Tower
Town Hall (for the exception of the Ballroom, which collapsed and will be dealt with later)
PofC&S
Bank
Tavastia Palace
Halls of Justice
Violin Museum

are among the buildings that have assumed their former glory, or are strongly marching towards it  Smiley

Please note that buildings with too little structural strength may collapse any time, adding to the pile of rubble already existing in town.

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:23:37 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 04:37:42 AM by g4q34g4qg47ww

Hey I read and skimmed and have some questions that I hope are not mentioned so i'm less of an asshole.

1. xmr can be converted to ingame currency, but can you convert ingame currency to xmr? Perhaps in a ingame market?
I'm wonderin if you could only transfer one direction then xmr would go to developers which I think is smart, just wondering.

2. Game does not seem to be live now, right? But i keep seeing these property sell and rewards being given out. I'm not hoping to start off dirt-poor beggar but everyone has to start somewhere.

Any very I'm interested in the game, really want to check it out.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 04:44:53 AM

Hey I read and skimmed and have some questions that I hope are not mentioned so i'm less of an asshole.

1. xmr can be converted to ingame currency, but can you convert ingame currency to xmr? Perhaps in a ingame market?
I figured if you could only transfer one direction then xmr would go to developers which I think is smart, just wondering.

2. Game does not seem to be live now, right? But i keep seeing these property sell and rewards being given out. I'm not hoping to start off dirt-poor beggar but everyone has to start somewhere.

Any very I'm interested in the game, really want to check it out.

I just started yesterday. The easiest thing to do is to contact Saddambitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=53193 and tell him the name, age (< 50) and sex of your character and he'll take care of registering you and give you an xmr address so you can transfer xmr into the in-game currency and provide you with a quickstart guide. I'm still maundering over if I should buy a house or a business as i'm unsure of the liabilities and benefits or what makes a property valuable--sure it's somewhere within the thread--haven't had the time to sift through it all yet.

Ale

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:00:09 AM

Be it notified that there is a rare opportunity to buy land in the Old Town Centre (1-C) just now available! The 2nd oldest tavern built in the Town, "Behind the Cathedral", facing the d'Armagnac square, with no conservation or building restrictions (except max height of 15 m due to the church nearby), and views to the d'Armagnac church, Town Hall and Episcopal Palace. Price is only 500 mil!

I'd like to buy it  Smiley

Sold. I felt that "do I really want to sell it - the historical, unique, building from the earliest decades of the town - for merely €250??" but I felt that somebody else can better use the lot now as the advertising value of having holdings in the landing screen becomes relevant. Sometimes it is time to let go. Good bye, Behind the Cathedral! Interesting to see what happens next!

Thank you for selling it, I'm really happy with it. I don't have any solid plans yet of what to do with it, but it's such valuable property, couldn't pass that one.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:06:36 AM

(1-C-G2) Price is only 500 mil!
it's such valuable property, couldn't pass that one.

Fully constructed at 4 floors, 40 sqm/floor, 160 sqm total, decent-upscale quality of 600,000 m/sqm, this will have cost you 600 mil. (I am not saying you should do it...)

This makes one floor-sqm price 3,750,000! In the back alley, you can buy property including land for 1/10 of the price Smiley

Arda Palace sold for 3,536,000 per floor-sqm.

House of Magnificence cost 1,500,000 per floor-sqm in 1530. Adjusted for inflation (CKG), it would be 7,745,000 m/sqm now.

The most expensive building adjusted for inflation is the iconic Embassy Tower, which was constructed in 1528 to be the private residence of the (now) Prince of Soul, and the most exquisite apartment/office hotel in town. The costs of the land, construction and repairs amount to the total of 1,970,000 m/sqm, which is 13,350,000 m/sqm in current money, and will likely stay the record forever.

Land and buildings prices are in a real slump, which is totally not taking into account the rising CKG price, nor the fact that no new land will be created before the Quarry comes back, which is not happening in V.4. The Town will adjust its prices higher soon to retain something to sell to the newcomers if the population do not pick the ball now and buy it from the Town's hand. The King with some other characters bought all the 1,000 m chapelries from the town long ago as others did not understand the opportunity.

Do not change Lot borders now, we evaluate if they can be changed in the future but right now the pixel files prevent the changes.

Here we can try to approximate the "economic scaling factor" between CK and IRL. The top properties in world cities may cost up to strawberries, but for 10,000 USD/sqm a very upscale one is obtainable. 1,000 USD may be the price for a rural aftermarket dwelling. Here the top properties such as the ones recently sold, cost about 2 USD/sqm. The cost of construction limits the lowest price to about 0.2 USD/sqm.

It seems that the scaling factor in RE prices is about 5,000:1. You get this much more in CK virtual world compared to real life.

In wages, a good worker IRL makes 100,000 USD. This can be compared to the MGR-3/4 level, which makes 600,000 m/real-day and there are 7 real-days in a gameyear. So the gameannual salary is about 3 USD, making the coefficient about 30,000:1. If real-time is used in both calculations, it is about 650:1.

Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:06:04 PM

Building repairs are starting!

I am available to make building repairs that suit your needs! Let me know which of your buildings you would like repaired (if not all), the level of repair you would like to achieve, and the desired luxury%:

Cost of a Repair Project (select from the following options)

- Full Repair to 120% (existing luxury must be converted to AIC before repair, excellent work) - 120,000 m/floor-sqm
- Full Repair to 80% (existing luxury must be converted to AIC before repair, shoddy work) - 60,000 m/floor-sqm
- Partial Repair by 20% (luxury remains, and may be increased; only the holes are patched, may raise to max 80%) - 40,000 m/floor-sqm
- Increase of Luxury - 2,000 m/%_of_lux/sqm
- Installing of Windows (standard pane) - 60,000 m/sqm (+ window cost)
- BI (Building Inspector) cost

A fee of 5% of the total repairs applies (or a minimum fee of 5mil if repair needs are small).

Benefits of a Repair Project

- Installing the windows causes the immediate benefit that there is no structural deterioration until the game is re-launched (and much less after). Without windows, the buildings may experience further deterioration before re-launch.
- Only 5,000 window-sqm exist and they are allocated to the pre-orderers. Buy from them if you want windows.
- When the game re-launches, the availability of windows will be limited and not having them is a 35-50% hit in the pool shares for that building.
- The year of reconstruction of a building is recorded and only the ones fixed before the re-launch, will be "1600".
- The renovators will get Reconstruction Medals.
- Highest amount of the coveted AIC dated 1600
- If the repair% is low enough, the building has a risk of collapse. Repairing the risky buildings now eliminates the risk.
- When the game re-launches, there is a lot to do. Repairing now has your things in order when it's the time to start the business.
- It is cheaper to repair now! The formula ingame is not decided yet.

You can contact me here by PM or at freenode ##crypto-kingdom
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:58:13 PM

The Herald from HE The Prince of Soul proclaims:

"My Master is exceedingly glad for having received as much as 2,000 sqm of windows (WIRS) in the recent order. While there is no question whether he could utilize them all and more, he is merciful to smaller holders and is selling small amounts of windows to the needy for 250,000 m/sqm. Not for speculators. Just inform any of the admins for the project and he can tap into these windows. Offer expires when the balance of Prince of Soul WIRS in /F_OWN drops below 800 units."

I will be wanting a few of these.

Where can I check the windows sqm needed for my house. I purchased one of the HM's starter kit's houses. 2-W-L10.

Thanks.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:37:15 PM

There is always a way to make the earliest actors benefit. In the Repair Project, it is the coveted 120% structural condition. As the workmen have needed to start in earnest, they are no more possible to make such a perfect work. From midnight (UTC), the highest repair% is 115% (price staying the same). Act now to have the top stats!

I will allocate some time to updating the window counts for the buildings designed by me, which do not have the window counts in the /BLDG yet. This way it's possible to save yourself from the faster deterioration of the buildings.

The Prince of Soul decided that 1,000 mil is just not enough of a compensation for his early years' home, the first in King's Park area. He renovated it for 60 mil to have it in top shape and is withdrawing the property from the market. If anyone else is willing to sell 1-C and 1-N real estate (these 2 are the original chapelries in town in 1430), in light of the trades yesterday, they might be in demand now.

Gold mid price is back to 730k+, the first of the new investors that came through my investor mailing list has joined in.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: