Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:39:08 PM

Boroughs 6, 8, 9 will be opened in 1605-1607.

Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:48:33 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 10:28:43 AM by Roopatra

- Some buildings have their stone count missing in CharDB/BLDG/"I".
- Tell us in the thread that you start.
Please help me! Smiley Ultima needs you  Grin

Roopatra is now working in the sheets to make the stone counts.

Edit. All done! All the buildings now have stone counts except: 3-C-A10 , 3-C-A11 , 2-SW-K4 , 2-SW-K1 and 2-C-A5, of these the details were not found from the old building registry. If you have the total stone count for these, can you please add in the BLDG tab, column "I".
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:57:21 PM

- Some buildings have their stone count missing in CharDB/BLDG/"I".
- Tell us in the thread that you start.
Please help me! Smiley Ultima needs you  Grin

Roopatra is now working in the sheets to make the stone counts.

Edit. All done! All the buildings now have stone counts except: 3-C-A10 , 3-C-A11 , 2-SW-K4 , 2-SW-K1 and 2-C-A5, of these the details were not found from the old building registry. If you have the total stone count for these, can you please add in the BLDG tab, column "I".

2-SW-K4 has been updated
3-C-A10 has been updated
3-C-A11 has been updated
2-C-A5 has been updated

2-SW-K1 has to calculated from this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Hu2qsR0KMPlbiOq9Pu5EXHuSZ50IisbbNYhKLcNwlE/edit#gid=1025549009
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:47:38 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 07:12:24 AM by rpietila

Meanwhile, we have got a new player, "TDL" (renamed "Syksy"), who started by constructing 4 rowhouses, 6 apartments each, in Borough 4. The expected return of the investment is 9% per year. (I think we should change to per year figures as they seem to make sense with real life rates).

Building in Borough 4 is forbidden for Nobles and corps (except Church).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:06:02 AM

Town Council Elections

Rules say that 6 Councillors need to be elected, and they decide the rules.

The electors are the CKG holders, so that each holder may give any part of his gold votes to support a candidate. Each candidate with 142,858 votes is secured and once 6 candidates are secured, the vote ends. Electors may change their support at any time while the election is ongoing.

Town Council elections are periodical, and now is a good period to hold one, since 1 councillor passed away and another has taken a journey to faraway lands.

We the King have about 485,000 votes and support the existing councillors to continue. We are interested in hearing about the new candidates!

Councillors' duties are quite high level, and they need to be active in playing to be able to contribute.

There is currently no compensation for the post, but has been in the past and might be in the future.

For those that do not already know the existing Councillors are:

HM - Mayor
The Marchioness of Neverland
Duke of North Face
Earl of White Cross

I would like to nominate HE The Prince of Ramsey (Saddam) for the position and would be interested to hear of others who feel they have the time to commit to this position.

The Prince of Ramsey indeed is a fine man for the job. We discussed about this with him, but decided to withdraw our support because he is so busy with other stuff atm. (We got the impression that he is OK with the nomination nevertheless and may be elected without our support if he gets enough gold.)

Our proposal is to candidate Lord Thud, who has been the mastermind behind the Ultima Project and is well connected IRL, having met not only us, but also the Duke of NL, Princes of Soul and Forte Spagnolo, the Bishop, Earl of Sarajas, Knights serje and othe, and some Master-level characters as well. He is a long-term heavy gamer and designer.

The second opening we would like to fill with Expert Mooo, since he has been interested in the game, and could give the insight by a commoner player, not too often had in the TC yet.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:45:11 AM

NewCorp stone market has opened. In the mid-longer term (once we get the Quarry3 running and before the Boroughs 6, 8, 9 are opened to break the monopoly*) we intend to sell stone.

But right now we also need to buy stone. So unless you have a reason for holding stone balances, now is a good time to sell them and net about +70% compared to the price of as little as 2 years** ago!

So please mention directly to the admins if this is in your interest!
- The current price is in /trade_stone tab!
- The admin to record the trade gets a 7% commission payable by the buyer, NewCorp
- The seller gets a NC1600C gold coin p.o.

Also every buyer of stone from NewCorp gets the NC1600C gold coin p.o. as follows:
- minimum buy to get the coin is 200,000 stone, or the whole amount needed in the building project, if it is less
- minimum sale to get the coin is 200,000 stone, or the whole holding in a borough, if it is less
- (when buying stone from us for a building project, the BI does not get a 7% commission, sorry Wink )

We are looking forward to the Luigi stone market to open a competing service!

Please check from the Map DB, the recent developments in San Pietro. NewCorp is thinking to build its headquarters in Champs-Élysées 3, in a lot left unbuilt by the Prince of Soul in 5-W, located a stone's throw from such amenities as the Round Table House and the Golden Goose.

* The monopoly is naturally formed in the markets - no gamemaster coercion is used. When quarriable land was for sale in 1560-1599, it did not interest many people because it did not have good geology, stone markets were at an ATL and selling the land as lots did not really work before the online version. So after weeks of warnings, The King, Prince of Soul, North Face and Tavastia bought up and consolidated all available land. Others who had whole chapelries, either sold them to the abovementioned, or zoned them (noms). The characters pooled their land to NewCorp to enjoy the monopolist advantages. Now the jury is out, whether buying gold would have brought a better return with less planning.

** The period from 1599-1601 is 168 realdays, so in fact longer than the whole of Ancient Era (147 realdays)

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:46:23 AM

Free Land experiment continues in Borough 4

Borough 4 "Free Land" started in the Cultured era in the game (late 1500s). Because of its many drawbacks (unhealthy for characters living in there, pedestal required for all construction, no stone available locally, height limit, impassable areas), it was designated to be a land free for building - you can claim the land in the process.

This was meant to be the way for the commoners to get a better life affordably, but has been used extensively by the nobles to get free land by building massive ugly housing projects there. Once that was outlawed, the masters turned to exploit the rules as well.

Now we need to rethink - how to preserve the opportunity to get cheap land and houses to the people. There is a zoning process going on with some new streets built by the Town. The Central Park will stay a park, and the Town offices will be constructed to the south of it. A new street, Restaurant Row, is opened with land claimable only by restaurants. A lot is given for the Borough Church in the center.

- 2 Chapelries are totally given to the Church to organize housing there. The only limitation is that no profit shall be sought and beauty shall be upheld to the extent possible.
- 1 Chapelry shall be reserved for future use.
- The rest, 5 partially-claimed chapelries, will be zoned for (mainly) residential use, with interestingly sized and shaped lots, with minimum building requirements, and 1/character limit, commoners only. This requires a unique building project per character but 1-2 model houses will be provided for reference or outright use. About 100 lots will be zoned for new players to take advantage, in addition to what the Church decides to make.
- A few small lots in the central areas will also be listed for sale.

(all changes are not yet listed in /LOT, please enroll yourself for help if you have time! Smiley )

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:52:42 AM

[You discover an exotic-looking papyrus stapled to a suitable sign post near the city center]

Dear honorable leaders and co-habitants of the Crypto Kingdom,

I am Syksy the Datamancer (previously referred to as 'TDL' a few posts ago by 'rpietila'). I just recently arrived with my meager caravan from a land far to the East, after hearing rumors and seeing signs of a great future event called the Ultima for the Crypto Kingdom, which provoked my interest in coming to learn of your ways. By trading some exotic goods that I brought along, I managed to obtain a chunk of land and a few humble abodes, where I hope to start practicing my strange arts of datamancery. I officially settled in Borough 4 and am looking forward to getting to know my fellow neighbors better and to learn more of your kingdom! Smiley

While I could not afford to bring many valuable gifts to the leaders and wisemen of your great kingdom, I hope to bring some future words and tricks of wisdom. At my mystical country far East, I studied the arcane language R ( https://www.r-project.org/ ), and am adept in this complex art of data trickery, foresight and mystical visualizations of strange phenomena. I offer my services openly to those that may require such, if I am not too pre-occupied in mumbling and arguing with myself inside my head.

I can assure you, datamancery is a completely harmless arcane art, and at best may provide wisdom, and at worst will provide only random ramblings, which should not harm anybody. Any strange lights and flickers occurring near my abode at Borough 4 should not be of any concern, as I am most likely only performing some (non-explosive, non-flammative) alchemical experiments and simulations to better grasp insight to the ways of your lands.

Yours truly,
Syksy the Datamancer

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:37:09 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 03:29:46 PM by rpietila

TFLP - Town Free Land Plan

The Mayor has finally finished the plans about how to provide homes for the new players who are soon flocking to our town.

TFLP is the scheme where each new player who reaches the rank of Beginner (L3) is given a TFLP point. It can be used to redeem free land (in connection to building a minimum sized house (30-60 sqm) to the said land), or even to gain a free lot with a modest 15 sqm building included! Also the existing players who are at least in the rank of Beginner (and at most Master), and who do not own any land, are given a TFLP point.

The Town has also listed 10 small lots for sale (in chapelries 4-N, 4-C and 4-S) to all players at very modest prices (8-25 mil a lot!). For the first 48 hours though, HM and his wealth management clients and anyone Earl or higher, may not buy these cheap lots. Let them be saved for other players who might want to invest their dividends or otherwise have extra money to spare Smiley

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:13:36 PM

NewCorp stone market has opened. In the mid-longer term (once we get the Quarry3 running and before the Boroughs 6, 8, 9 are opened to break the monopoly*) we intend to sell stone.

But right now we also need to buy stone. So unless you have a reason for holding stone balances, now is a good time to sell them and net about +70% compared to the price of as little as 2 years** ago!

So please mention directly to the admins if this is in your interest!
- The current price is in /trade_stone tab!
- The admin to record the trade gets a 7% commission payable by the buyer, NewCorp
- The seller gets a NC1600C gold coin p.o.

Also every buyer of stone from NewCorp gets the NC1600C gold coin p.o. as follows:
- minimum buy to get the coin is 200,000 stone, or the whole amount needed in the building project, if it is less
- minimum sale to get the coin is 200,000 stone, or the whole holding in a borough, if it is less
- (when buying stone from us for a building project, the BI does not get a 7% commission, sorry Wink )

We are looking forward to the Luigi stone market to open a competing service!

It appears presently I'm again in the lead in total stone reserves, but overall stone reserves in the kingdom are very low. My stone market is open again, and prices have been adjusted...significantly.

I encourage the wonderful citizens to consider selling to me, instead of reinforcing the coming monopoly! To help you to make the right choice, I'm offering significantly better purchase rates.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 05:33:41 PM by rpietila

San Pietro (borough) opens in Full Glory!

Please have a quick look at the Map DB /OV-5 and the full look in the Ultima version.

Borough 5 is becoming a monument of the new Baroque era. We have a 30 m wide King's Esplanade coming from the Old Town and continuing south (one of our main trading directions). The new 40 m wide Champs-Élysées is starting from the San Pietro Cathedral and going to the Versailles borough. When we get the Quarry4 and Building Project subgames working, the slack capacity of NewCorp will be used to build Versailles, thousands after thousands of sqm of Royal Château.

Town has zoned the new Piazza di San Pietro, and 6 new lots lining it, with views to the Piazza and the San Pietro itself over it. The lots are for sale, priced at 300-700, for the most demanding buyers.
- Piazza di San Pietro 1
- Piazza di San Pietro 2
- Piazza di San Pietro 3
- Piazza di San Pietro 4
- Avenue de Champs-Élysées 1
- Avenue de Champs-Élysées 2

Two more lots lining San Pietro to the south are also for sale @200.
(The lots mentioned in this post are 4-5 q in size)

"Where do you live?"
  - In Champs-Élysées 1, why?
Cool

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:00:36 PM

The second opening we would like to fill with Expert Mooo, since he has been interested in the game, and could give the insight by a commoner player, not too often had in the TC yet.

I am honored by the trust His Majesty affords me, and will be glad to accept this nomination to the City Council, at gold holders' pleasure. I do not have such a thorough knowledge of all the city's rules as do other councillors, but will try my best to help the council steward the city's future.

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:15:13 PM

I am honored by the trust His Majesty affords me, and will be glad to accept this nomination to the City Council, at gold holders' pleasure. I do not have such a thorough knowledge of all the city's rules as do other councillors, but will try my best to help the council steward the city's future.

Excellent!  I also back the addition of Moo to the council!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:08:26 PM

No one else except Thud and Mooo have been nominated.

We will give 24 more hours until the decision is final, and the new Council can start meeting.

Some of the pressing issues:

- Everything related to the data migration to the Ultima platform and the release of V3.9U in 2015-8-27 (next Friday)
- Marketing of the game now, as we finally are online - strategies, execution
- Giving more admin responsibilities to the Sheriffs and Deputies (Sheriff is administering a Borough and Deputy a Chapelry). Mayor continues to administer the whole Town. Rules and compensation.
- Money flow in the pools (currently dividends 7,000 mil+ per week, which is a lot)
- Giving out admin responsibilities (promotion of commoners, Town character management)

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

San Pietro (borough) opens in Full Glory!

Please have a quick look at the Map DB /OV-5 and the full look in the Ultima version.

Borough 5 is becoming a monument of the new Baroque era. We have a 30 m wide King's Esplanade coming from the Old Town and continuing south (one of our main trading directions). The new 40 m wide Champs-Élysées is starting from the San Pietro Cathedral and going to the Versailles borough. When we get the Quarry4 and Building Project subgames working, the slack capacity of NewCorp will be used to build Versailles, thousands after thousands of sqm of Royal Château.

Town has zoned the new Piazza di San Pietro, and 6 new lots lining it, with views to the Piazza and the San Pietro itself over it. The lots are for sale, priced at 300-700, for the most demanding buyers.
- Piazza di San Pietro 1
- Piazza di San Pietro 2
- Piazza di San Pietro 3
- Piazza di San Pietro 4
- Avenue de Champs-Élysées 1
- Avenue de Champs-Élysées 2

Two more lots lining San Pietro to the south are also for sale @200.
(The lots mentioned in this post are 4-5 q in size)

"Where do you live?"
  - In Champs-Élysées 1, why?
Cool

I've been away for some time but I don't get it about what currency we talk here 300-700 CKG or m or XMR Smiley

Also Thank you for N1 Arco di Sergiu         

Also I wan to buy 100 bottles of VOD xD

And if it's good I will take more ... this 100 bottles are only for tasting the vodka

Space for rent if its still trending
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:15:47 PM

I also believe that mooo would be an excellent choice. I support his nomination.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:48:41 PM

Forte Spagnolo Vineyards Last Produce For A Long Time

The grapes have gone bad both in 1600 and 1601. The workers have dutifully tried a third time in the hostile climactic conditions. 830 bottles of wine, grown and made in Old Town, have been able to be produced. Initial tasting shows that while everything turned out well this year, it just does not make sense to produce wine with a low yield and average quality.

Let's see what the Prince wants to do with the batch! Smiley

King is selling useful items

It is still possible to increase the Rental pool payouts a lot for this Sunday dividend (1602): Buy ancient windows from the King! Many sizes available.

King is selling W1600, price lowered to 60,000 m/bottle (100,000)!

King is selling IC, price lowered to 300,000 m/IC (400,000)!

King is selling TS silver coins, for instance the ask for old TS148 is only 3 mil, near the melt value!

Callixtus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:49:16 AM

It pleases me to announce that the church has finally opened the long-awaited brewery in 4-NW! Please come by for a tour and try some of our excellent brews!

http://www.goodmanhamarms.co.uk/images/barrel.jpg
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:59:25 AM

I am actively following this but still have not had time to open an account.  

How long after Ultima launch before you plan to ask Poloniex to start trading CKG?

It would be nice if an active player would provide me with Crypto Kingdom ideas to tweet. Please post them here in 140 characters or less:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153751.0

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:39:28 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 08:16:08 AM by rpietila

1602 - The Year When We Started Counting Drinks

Huh -  Embarrassed -  Cry -  Smiley -  Grin

In the merry old years, drinks were not implemented, because even the water was very good, and there was no need to drink for health - everyone was immortal just because of the life-giving water.

Now it's not so merry anymore. Yearly (realweekly), 168 bottles of something needs to be drunk. MEAD is cheap but dangerous for health, BEER is neutral, and different WINEs and spirits are good.

The /CHAR/"M"(drink plan) shows the approximate consumption per character. The exact data is in /F_OWN very end.

Please make changes to both if you want to tailor your drinking. If your drink total is less than 168 bottles, water is drunk instead (health warning - even worse than mead!). More than 200 bottles is not really needed.

Exact health, life and death, are known only to God. Take heed on every hint you get how things happen behind the scenes, and do what you can on your part Smiley

Current estimate:

SPIRITS
 CLXII - 6 bottles
 CVS - 12 bottles
 VOH - 19 bottles

WINES
 W1600 - 936 bottles
 W1601B - 727 bottles
 W1600M - 780 bottles

BEER
 - 7812 bottles

MEAD
 - 6720 liters

WATER
- 0 liters

Future peek: In Ultima V5-6 and beyond, you can drink 24 bottle lots in restaurants at bulk prices for sustenance, and individual bottles for show and specific purposes. In addition to the various kinds of spirits and wines (perhaps a hundred of both will eventually be available, making the stocking decisions of the restaurants more difficult), other substances can also be enjoyed to boost health. Coffee, Cigars, Green Herbs, and Mushrooms will eventually be added.

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: