Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

Our Majesty has a long memory and remembers well that last time there was a Councillor vote, nobody voted for anything, and the town continued to (dys)function with 2 Councillors. Now the same must not happen - we are about a thousand people here, and you should be enlightened enough to demand self-rule! Smiley

The Town is in a really interesting situation - the finances are about 10 billion in the red, but the development is paid for. Every year we get closer and closer to zero. Perhaps the biggest decision awaiting the new Councillors is what to do with the 2-C chapelry. In the daytime it is noisy because of the quarrying, but otherwise the location in the center is perfect. The quarry workforce could provide very good income to taverns etc. if we just get the zoning done and land sold to the needy. If it were the 1-C, it could be sold for 10 billion, but even in the current condition and location, a few billion is realistic. And whether to make a village or a new monumental square out of it? A multitude of other matters also need to be decided, and we are proposing a 5 million yearly salary for the councillors (50 times the servant pay for a quarter-time job, hehe).

From rulebook: The votepower is 1 gold = 1 vote, so the level does not matter. Everyone with gold has votes.

You need 1/5 of the gold + 1 gold (currently 124,001 gold) backing a candidate to make sure he passes. If the owners of 4/5 + 1 gold (496,001 gold) reach a consensus, they can collectively nominate all 4 seats.

So this is an exercise of consensus-building. Small owners of gold are best voicing their ideas here before the election, because in the actual election their votes don't count that much. For sure everybody wants a council of the best mix of people.

Below is the list of votepower (number of gold on the year when election was announced):
Note how the 10 largest owners (20%) own 80% of the gold. This is a beautiful example of the 80-20 rule at work here  Smiley

Code:
HM The King	295,716 
Sir Riccardo, Earl of Forte Spagnolo 68,886
The Marquess of OZ 26,781
Marquess Joseph of New Liberty 26,730
The Royal CryptoArmy 20,000
HG The Bishop 13,104
Sir Rhadamanthus, Earl of Arda 12,525
Dr. Choo 12,046
Lord James 10,623
Sir Jacket, Earl of XX 10,111
Chancellor smooth 10,056
Lord saddam 10,036
Foreign Investor 2 (HH) 10,000
Earl Ale 9,449
Zechariah, Earl of Tavastia 7,286
Master binaryFate 6,985
Master Asenath 4,515
Lord Paulson 4,206
kronicblazer 4,060
Master drfred 4,015
Lord Luigi 3,285
Master AdamWhite 3,210
dnaleor 3,161
Master Damoiseau 2,985
Dame Roopatra 2,905
Quentin Moon 2,865
The Church 2,600
The University 2,200
xulescu 2,111
Master BlackWidow 2,015
Itrix 2,010
The Grand Hotel Corp. 2,000
Troy 2,000
Riddick (cat - in the 'net you never know) 2,000
Knight Febo 1,814
Baron sXpher 1,615
Noble Palace Club 1,550
iluvbitcoins 1,500
Ms. Leila Liekki 1,370
superresistant 1,323
Knight serje 1,047
Zenon the Sorcerer 1,025
proride 1,015
Haruki 1,015
nikke1 1,010
The Town Hall Corp. 700
Lucky Lion Corp 200
The Hypothecary Bank in CryptoTown 200
Monero House 60

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:06:14 AM

how many players did you have now?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:32:56 AM

how many players did you have now?

The game resources can be accessed via links from OP (see for yourself!). The number of players is about 50. Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:36:37 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 01:52:47 AM by Roopatra

Our Majesty has a long memory and remembers well that last time there was a Councillor vote, nobody voted for anything, and the town continued to (dys)function with 2 Councillors. Now the same must not happen - we are about a thousand people here, and you should be enlightened enough to demand self-rule! Smiley

I am not a large gold holder, and therefore cannot much influence the outcome of the vote. But I decided to run for Councillor, so that this time there would be enough people in the Town Council, together making the best decisions for the future of this great Kingdom.

I have pretty effectively invested my time for playing this game, and helping to make it playable to others. So if you think that I could get things done in the Council as well, please consider giving your vote for me.

My vote, with 2905 gold, goes to Roopatra.
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:19:09 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 04:20:31 AM by Karl Hungus

I am not a large gold holder, and therefore cannot much influence the outcome of the vote. But I decided to run for Councillor, so that this time there would be enough people in the Town Council, together making the best decisions for the future of this great Kingdom.

I have pretty effectively invested my time for playing this game, and helping to make it playable to others. So if you think that I could get things done in the Council as well, please consider giving your vote for me.

My vote, with 2905 gold, goes to Roopatra.

I use my voting rights (26,781 gold) to support Dame Roopatra's election to the City Council. I have had many dealings with her over recent times (designing & building works) and I have found her to be intelligent, hard working, courteous and very professional. I think she will be a great asset to CK!

The Marquess of OZ
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:38:03 AM

I would like to nominate Paulson for town council.

I also would support roop for town council
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:44:27 AM

Lord Saddam and young Riddick (12,036 gold total) support Dame Roopatra, her help has been instrumental in establishing our presence in the Kingdom.

Lord Paulson also gets our support, he has demonstrated some mastery in game mechanics and sophistication with his El Bulli Restaurant.

I will nominate some others I think are worthy but first I will leave some time up for discussion while others can nominate themselves if interested  Cheesy

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:46:21 AM

Im humbled about my nomination by Earl Jacket and Lord Saddam. I accept to enter as a contestant, and i assure my much esteemed Lords and Sires that their voice will be heard if i finally take part of the Council.
I dont find appropiate a self nomination, so i support Dame Roopatra with my 4206 gold (I planned to do it anyway, her contribution to the game is crucial at this moment) and i suggest also the nomination (if they will) of any of the high gold owners, like Earl Riccardo or Marquess of New Liberty.

This space is for lease, apparently.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 09:03:58 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 10:10:53 AM by David Latapie

My vote with 13,104 gold, goes to Paulson, esq. He proved many times his commitment and active participation. If this matters, I am also a Councillor and after discussing with the highest member of the Church, the latter with 2600 gold expressed interest in Paulson to become a councilor.

Dame Roopatra is a person we increasingly appreciate, and if a second seat is available, we would support her candicady too, although we believe that "power shall not be given to the one who ask for it".

Correction:

I'd like to vote for my reelection and if an extra seat is available, would like it to go to Paulson. As for my programme for the town
- the Church is an important part of the life of the Kingdom and as such shall be represented, even if there was no other reason
- the Church is actively welcoming the younger generations by building a Youth Center. Design is done, building is underway
- the Church is also working on building social housings for poor but worthy citizen. Here too, design is done, only the actual location is being considered now. The Church plans to have such social housings in any borough and to reward the most active players who don't have much revenu with a relocation in a higher place as the activity increases (thus the need for social housings in several boroughs).

Clearly,  the Church wishes to encourage involvement from players and such a participation in the life of the city is easier to be done by being a councillor.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:37:07 AM

I am also a Councillor ....

YG, Councillor David, it is time to seek re-election! Our Majesty's gold can ensure the nomination of ourselves + decide about one other seat (or heavily influence 2 other).

We do not have objections against the current nominees but are also not pledging our gold in support just yet. The most important things in a Councillor are interest in playing the game (knowing the things), but also enough time to think in benefit of the town and not herself. So a member of nobility, but not extremely rich, would make the best councillor.

Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:06:30 AM

I am also a Councillor ....

YG, Councillor David, it is time to seek re-election! Our Majesty's gold can ensure the nomination of ourselves + decide about one other seat (or heavily influence 2 other).

We do not have objections against the current nominees but are also not pledging our gold in support just yet. The most important things in a Councillor are interest in playing the game (knowing the things), but also enough time to think in benefit of the town and not herself. So a member of nobility, but not extremely rich, would make the best councillor.

I nominate His Grace, The Bishop, for the position of City Councillor. I believe he fulfils all the requirements, and has done a marvellous job helping HM in the early stages of CK.

The Marquess of OZ
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 10:11:54 AM

I updated my post by and I thank both His Majesty and the Marquess of OZ for their benevolence.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:17:52 AM

I updated my post by and I thank both His Majesty and the Marquess of OZ for their benevolence.

I have heard rumors that we would be having a fifth entrant to the game soon, backed by a huge amount of gold. It will be an interesting election, since all the current nominees have merits also.

Grin

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:45:02 AM

I'll commit 5000 gold each to HM, Roopatra, Bishop David, Paulson and Asenath, keeping 1700+ reserve votes....for now.
Asenath will vote herself 4500

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:22:28 PM

Quarry subgame ends now  Wink

Haha, JOKE!! It's just beginning!

6 quarries have been assigned to new QC's (Quarry Corporations) and some have even started operations. According to the rules of the quarry subgame, from now on I will not give any hints about the subgame (except most important rules clarifications) in public. The quarry operators will be notified if/when they can ask questions, receive help, or if they hear a rumor or something that may help them in running the quarry, and the frequency of such things happening is coded in the rules.

Everything I have said concerning the quarry (now and in the past) is most valuable, and if all the things were parsed together, it would give a quite complete picture of the organisation, perhaps even help towards the secret code.

Our Majesty believes the NPC's who assured that this is the best quarry site remaining nearby, and therefore locks the remaining 2 sites for now. Once it is clear how much the existing quarries start to produce, we can perhaps auction out the remaining sites if there is the need for them.

We exhort the operators to make their companies public by offering to sell shares in the similar way as several existing corporations do, with the operator as the market-maker. This is best to be done right at the start, because the risk is best shielded when it has not yet been realized.

We hope that the quarries will serve us for a long time, yet also that some land soon becomes ready for development!
Both wishes have a chance to be granted

Quarry subgame starts now Smiley

- Everything that you can build/buy/hire for your quarry is now visible in the /QUARRY tab in Character DB.
- The secret codes are final.
- To start, you must consult with the King that you have the financial resources to do it, for Quarry is merciless. If your allotment produces weakly, it may be because of multiple factors, you may or may not find out why. On the other hand, a combination of luck and skill might make you a billionaire in a few years' time.
- The subgame is designed so that there is no luck or gamemaster decision involved from now on. Everything is fair. The people who know too much to participate (His Majesty and Lord Paulson) are exempted from revealing their secrets or participating in the management of the quarries. Shareholding is allowed.
- Whatever I have said so far concering the quarries, the tiniest bit of information, is meaningful. From now on, information will only be given according to the subgame rules.
- The initial consultation costs 10 million, and if you decide to start, the allotment (150 q of land, which the town has the right to buy back at the closing of quarry for the same price) is 150 million + corporation registration is 10 million (it is very advisable though not strictly mandatory to start a corporation).
- Quarry corporations may not run a deficit. If such is about to happen, it means nonpayment to workers, which is probably neither a boon on reputation nor a good business decision.
- The Hypothecary Bank shuns away from quarry (or other) business. Obtaining a loan against your other lands, residence or business property, is possible.

Good Luck!
you need it...

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:09:03 PM

With my 4000 gold, I vote for Roopatra

Looking for a signature campaign.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:34:48 PM

Thanks for the Council nomination, NewLiberty!

Again, i see it as a way to be the voice of several players in the directions or the fine tuning of some rulings of the game and future versions. My aim right now is to get a massive player adoption by offering a very user friendly entry level but also challenging and deep rulings that let good players enjoy the pleasures of Economy, Tactics, Politics... And the magic of Compound Interest! ^_^ Also is a great way to be involved with Monero, which is a feature im sure it will be strenghtened by the side of XMR devs once we take off. All in all, im wildly bullish on this project.

About the Quarry operations: As HM has stated, i will not take part of it as i was advising HM on some general considerations for implementation. However, as HM suggest, i will be interested on seeing how those operations become corporations and can be participated by less rich players and/or new players arriving the kingdom.
If i participate myself, it will in any case be in less of a 1% on any given corp, and beforehand i assure everyone that i dont know the codes, as the parchment received by the King was For His Eyes Only.

Nevertheless, im kinda broke right now so my engagement will be small anyway ^_^

Regards,
Lord Paulson, Esq.

This space is for lease, apparently.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:37:58 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 05:31:03 PM by NewLiberty

We exhort the operators to make their companies public by offering to sell shares in the similar way as several existing corporations do, with the operator as the market-maker. This is best to be done right at the start, because the risk is best shielded when it has not yet been realized.

Exhortations from HM are words of deep wisdom from His Most Ancient of all Ancients.

And so without further ado,
A small trumpet sounds, a bell is rung and the New Liberty Herald proclaims:

The New Liberty Quarry (NLQI) is hereby opened, incorporated and open for shareholder equity purchases.

Initial investment portfolio:

150M Land
10M Inc
206.4M Buildings
25.5M Equipment
25.875M  Labor (yearly)

Corporate structure:
500 shares are created 200 of these remain available for public purchases.
All shares are common and voting shares, and are offered at an initial price of 1MM each!  (not expected to be available at this price for long)

The Marquess Joseph will make a market for these shares and attempt to maintain <>300 shares in order to facilitate swift and wise decision making through majority holdings (though it is whispered that Asenath in consultation with the most experienced director found among the formerly peasant quarries make the important decisions).  It will be an open market for both buy and sell after initial offer is closed.

Financial Governance and operations plan:
Stone will be sold in such quantity to pay the yearly labor salary for all workers and the balance to be held or sold as market forces dictate, with shareholders having always the option of first refusal at all stone purchases at the low market buy rate (offering a nice arbitraging opportunity to the more intrepid shareholders).  Shareholders are eligible to purchase a percentage of the warehoused stone at this discounted rate equivalent to their percentage of shares held PER DAY.
Warehoused stone may be sold to the public at large at the midpoint sale market price, with revenue from this accretive to earnings of shareholder equity.

Our engineers have told us that we have selected only the best area for quarry and our Director is well pleased with the operations so far.  To give a view:

The operational goal is to make swift work of the quarry location and once the stone supply there is exhausted, to then dissolve and remit to all shareholders the value.

Operations are viewable here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Hu2qsR0KMPlbiOq9Pu5EXHuSZ50IisbbNYhKLcNwlE/edit#gid=579857194

And also on the Char DB / Quarry Tab

Asenath has offered to buy all shares remaining for sale after 24 hours at the offer price.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:41:42 PM

With my 4000 gold, I vote for Roopatra

Currently,

HM has enough gold to pass.
Roopatra has received 2nd most support.
Paulson is ahead of Bishop, who still needs to gain support outside of the Church.
Asenath has some votes.
The joker is: what is Earl of Forte Spagnolo doing with his votes?

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

And so without further ado,
A small trumpet sounds, a bell is rung and the New Liberty Herald proclaims:

The New Liberty Quarry (NLQI) is hereby opened, incorporated and open for shareholder equity purchases.

I would be pleased to get 100 shares if having such a reasonably large holder is acceptable to the Marquess.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: