Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:47:22 AM

Donations:
Genoli - 4162f333173bf8fa9d4c4a7340a1030fe22b6f7a793f8d20716d015d26c750da
Ethereum Quality of Life Mining Improvements

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:51:01 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 02:01:09 AM by bensam1231

Who generates the coins has no baring on market prices. ASIC miners are no different from GPU miners, CPU miners, or FPGA miners. A miner is a miner. PoS is the only thing that would be drastically different as the reward structure is different.

wow that's very wrong

it all depends on who is mining ... that is the single and whole point ...

Glad you backed that up with reasoning and rational.

From a network security perspective, it doesn't matter. From a price perspective, the greater the distribution, the less chance of it being instantly dumped. ASIC mining causes more centralization and less distribution of the mined coins, therefore, more of a chance it's sold immediately.

Not sure GPU miners are less likely to dump then ASIC miners, regardless of ASICs probably being in large farms. Large farms can also employ coders and day traders who could maximize profits with said coins, which includes investment. Where as GPU miners often times are clinging to the edge of their seat just to pay for power bills as they can't afford either.

GPUs are harder to stack than ASICs - ASICs stack *very* well. Running a shitton of GPUs when your limitations have more to do with maintenance and shit than cost is harder than running ASICs which can take many forms, and would be easier to get bulk discounts on.

That doesn't have anything to do with how you treat the coins you mine, rather just the ability to centralize and increase density.

Day trading, hiring professionals because you're a large scale operation changes how you treat coins.

GPU miners aren't less likely to dump because they have ghetto hardware. They're miners too.

It's not about GPU vs. ASIC, it's about large amount vs small. Let's assume they have the same likelihood of dumping - it takes less ASIC miners dumping to do serious damage than GPU miners. Now, if you assume EXACTLY the average amount of miners who are mining a given coin will dump (by hashpower) then it works out the same. But it doesn't work like that - sometimes more than expected hold, but sometimes more than expected dump. Better distribution will reduce the volatility.

You know percents are equal across the board right? If ASIC miners and GPU miners are just as likely to dump (lets say 50% of both), that's still 50% regardless of how powerful their hardware is as it scales, since there is almost never an occasion where ASICs are mining the same thing as GPUs. Even then it'd still be the same as both would be just as likely to dump (50%) as you said.

There is nothing you've offered that would change how ASIC or GPU miners would treat their coins differently and you've event stated that they are just as likely to dump, percentages again. I offered the idea that ASIC miners have better allocation of resources due to being more profitable in large operations, such as using day traders and other professionals GPU miners don't have access to. You've offered nothing like that.

I mean I can just will magic out of my butt as well, but as I mentioned earlier... you don't have any rational for what you're talking about and what you've offered is logically circular.

Are you deliberately being thick? Given that they are equally likely to dump - you know what, let me put it this way: You have one student take a test, randomly selected. He's likely to get an average grade, but there's a chance that he'll score very high or very low - you never know. Now, take 100 students, have them take the test, and average the results. The latter will look a lot more like the average than the former.

The relation here is that there will be far fewer ASIC miners than GPU miners, and they will hold more coins. Less of them need to dump in order to cause issues - if it's spread out more, you have more of a chance that one or a few people outside the norm have a massive negative effect.

I don't think you understand how stats work. You don't get to pick whether or not someone scores high or low. That's what averages are for. If you state that miners for ASICs are just as likely to dump as GPU miners, that means 50% of them will dump. You don't get to pick if that's all in one part of the distribution or the other. Just the same as it doesn't mean the larger 50% will be more likely to dump then the smaller 50% (if they're weighted differently).

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:29:48 AM

Who generates the coins has no baring on market prices. ASIC miners are no different from GPU miners, CPU miners, or FPGA miners. A miner is a miner. PoS is the only thing that would be drastically different as the reward structure is different.

wow that's very wrong

From a network security perspective, it doesn't matter. From a price perspective, the greater the distribution, the less chance of it being instantly dumped. ASIC mining causes more centralization and less distribution of the mined coins, therefore, more of a chance it's sold immediately.

Not sure GPU miners are less likely to dump then ASIC miners, regardless of ASICs probably being in large farms. Large farms can also employ coders and day traders who could maximize profits with said coins, which includes investment. Where as GPU miners often times are clinging to the edge of their seat just to pay for power bills as they can't afford either.

GPUs are harder to stack than ASICs - ASICs stack *very* well. Running a shitton of GPUs when your limitations have more to do with maintenance and shit than cost is harder than running ASICs which can take many forms, and would be easier to get bulk discounts on.

That doesn't have anything to do with how you treat the coins you mine, rather just the ability to centralize and increase density.

Day trading, hiring professionals because you're a large scale operation changes how you treat coins.

GPU miners aren't less likely to dump because they have ghetto hardware. They're miners too.

It's not about GPU vs. ASIC, it's about large amount vs small. Let's assume they have the same likelihood of dumping - it takes less ASIC miners dumping to do serious damage than GPU miners. Now, if you assume EXACTLY the average amount of miners who are mining a given coin will dump (by hashpower) then it works out the same. But it doesn't work like that - sometimes more than expected hold, but sometimes more than expected dump. Better distribution will reduce the volatility.

You know percents are equal across the board right? If ASIC miners and GPU miners are just as likely to dump (lets say 50% of both), that's still 50% regardless of how powerful their hardware is as it scales, since there is almost never an occasion where ASICs are mining the same thing as GPUs. Even then it'd still be the same as both would be just as likely to dump (50%) as you said.

There is nothing you've offered that would change how ASIC or GPU miners would treat their coins differently and you've event stated that they are just as likely to dump, percentages again. I offered the idea that ASIC miners have better allocation of resources due to being more profitable in large operations, such as using day traders and other professionals GPU miners don't have access to. You've offered nothing like that.

I mean I can just will magic out of my butt as well, but as I mentioned earlier... you don't have any rational for what you're talking about and what you've offered is logically circular.

Are you deliberately being thick? Given that they are equally likely to dump - you know what, let me put it this way: You have one student take a test, randomly selected. He's likely to get an average grade, but there's a chance that he'll score very high or very low - you never know. Now, take 100 students, have them take the test, and average the results. The latter will look a lot more like the average than the former.

The relation here is that there will be far fewer ASIC miners than GPU miners, and they will hold more coins. Less of them need to dump in order to cause issues - if it's spread out more, you have more of a chance that one or a few people outside the norm have a massive negative effect.

I don't think you understand how stats work. You don't get to pick whether or not someone scores high or low. That's what averages are for. If you state that miners for ASICs are just as likely to dump as GPU miners, that means 50% of them will dump. You don't get to pick if that's all in one part of the distribution or the other. Just the same as it doesn't mean the larger 50% will be more likely to dump then the smaller 50% (if they're weighted differently).

Are you saying there's the SAME amount of variance in the average of a large amount of people vs. the average of a small amount of people?

I prefer the small amount of intelligent people in america....Rare.. but the best are very good..

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:40:46 AM

and a billion dollar blockchain support...

Nice support from the creators of bitcoin and the blockchain...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 02:55:21 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 04:41:36 AM by scryptr

VARIANCE--

Variance in a small sample set can be much larger than variance in a larger sample set, even if the small sample set is completely contained within the larger sample set.         --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:16:13 AM

I added some more decred hash @ yiimp.ccminer.org 7 blocks found in 24hours now. (150GHASH)
You should join to support opensource development. (5% fee, but low rejects and stable payouts)
Please save some decred coins. Could go 1000% like etherum...
An altcoin made by the bitcoin core developers...

1000% more with 500k satoshi are you joking? would mean 0.05, above 0.01 is very difficult for any alt, and who is the dev behind decred from bitcoin core?

I am not saying it will go parabolic but devs are competent and even core devs know that. This is from core slack's core dev IRC integration. BTCD is done by same devs as decred.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:35:09 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 09:32:28 AM by tbearhere

SP anyone why is the 750ti's hashrate so bad with ethereum? Is it because it's not implemented fully yet? Thx
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:50:40 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 09:10:48 AM by chrysophylax

wow that's very wrong

Probobly a Scam. Not sure.
GPU's work, and they have a resell value. Most of you who mined with an Asic know that it is impossible to ROI.

even if they are real ( and probably are ) - they mine x11 - full stop! ...

gpus are -

1 - reusable ...
2 - multialgo ...
3 - optimizable ...
4 - resellable ...
5 - long life-able Tongue ...

with asics ... when a newer asic is developed and then is sold on the free market - which outperforms the last asic by n times ... you more or less throw the old asic out ...

or use it as a door stop ...

my advice - use the old asic as a footstool ... always sit ergonomically in my books Wink ...

#crysx

You resell as soon as new ASICs come out and preorder new ASICs from reputable companies. That's the rotation of the ASIC market. That's not as feasible with BTC as older ASICs seem to be completely worthless, instead of being less efficient. Every six months they seem to use more power then they mine due to the difficulty climb. Where as something like Scrypt ASICs are still profitable from the first batch close to two years ago.

As far as how big your farm is, who knows, I just saw you skulking around Decred... So I suppose that means you like profits. :]

keep the 5% mate ... you deserve it ...

#crysx

You should mine on his pool instead of Suprnova instead then! XD

Ah nothing quite like hypocrites.

@ Decred Team

How can you chose such a compute intensive algo and hold onto your coins for 1 and even more 2 years???  Roll Eyes

The ASIC companies will RAPE your ARSE very hard. They have NO intention to EVER hold a SINGLE coin!!!

ASICs are welcome but not in SUCH a short timeframe which IMO will happen especially with blake.
(you made it too easy for them  Cry  )

After 6 months I definitely sell my DCR and rebuy after you got raped. (what a shame)

Donations:
SP - 8aef127224030cbe92d7c7fb77b9267f82b1e8e117d3ff02bfcea663fb13c7ec
Long term support
Tpruvot - 57c87fa1ac7512bd2c243a2e7196b1297ecebb25ca5cafd4f7b16ff8d2426af7
Decred
Genoli - Can't find your BTC address.

aaah ...

once again bensam - talking through that hole that was misplaced from between your legs and put on that face of yours ...

incredible ...

hypocrite you say? ... well - lets see ... if mining FOR tpruvot - AS WELL AS - mining on yiimp AND continue to do so on a rotational basis every week - qualifies as donation enough? ...

what you dont know - doesnt mean didnt happen - and therefore doesnt make me a hypocrite ... in fact - because i did this - it actually makes me a donor of better standards than you are ...

but then - what does a 'hypocrite' like me know - right? ...

i started with 2 x gigabyte 290x oc cards two years ago - and have mining ever since ... have grown and learned and become one of the people to contend with in the mining department - and will continue to do so ... while you continue to complain and accuse and misdirect as well as mislead - with your innate disgusting demeanor and false 'facts' ... had you and nous at all - let alone integrity bensam - you would put you money where your mouth is - and not your bumhole ...

but then again ... at least you are consistent ...

i will continue my way - and continue to grow and become part of the community that helps me grow ... while you - errr - ummm ... while you stay consistently - ummm - consistent ...

ah! ... nothing like imbeciles ...

#crysx

Nice to see you on MN pool with a anonymous account now. <3

really? ... and you KNOW im anonymous? ...

wow - you must be psychic mate ...

wrong again ...

i NEVER go anonymous - EVER! ...

nor do i mine at mn pool as i get a HUGE amount of rejects there for some reason ...

the list is basically coinmine ( which are rejecting almost all shares now with 'unknown user' error - so no mining there at the moment ) - suprnova yiimp - and soon zpool ...

maxminers was on the rotation list - but that too get a huge amount of rejects ...

the miners are all on yiimp at the moment and will be for the next few days ...

next in line is zpool - and as long as rejects dont run rampant there - ill be helping crackfoo with the pool mining for decred for a few days ...

your assumptions are far fetched - and really - becoming a real joke ...

the day you accept that i DONT stuff around with what i say that thefarm does - is the day you will realize that maybe - just maybe - there is a legitimate person out in crypto world that means what he says AND doesnt break his word ...

oh hang on ... there are quite a few of us that do that ...

if you were actually a decent person bensam - i would have teamed up with you and some of your ideas a long time ago - and made it all a reality ... but here we are ...

though i suppose - if your assumptions and guesswork is anything like your statistical analyses - then its understandable why you are way off ...

anyway - back to mining and more work ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

SP anyone why is the 750ti's hashrate so bad with ethereum? Is it because it's not implemented fully yet? Thx

You should get 5 MHASH. But on linux only..

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:00:43 AM

I added some more decred hash @ yiimp.ccminer.org 7 blocks found in 24hours now. (150GHASH)
You should join to support opensource development. (5% fee, but low rejects and stable payouts)
I've been on yiimp for 24-hours with Decred. Here is my acceptance rate: "accepted: 3713/3719 (99.84%)" 

For those that don't check Epsylon3 git release page, his decred address is DsdYLRUyTF7QKouD3LmFviZJ9dGzwd8DAwq .

208 ghash @ yiimp now. Great pool. Great developer

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:40:45 PM

But why so little ? And no windows ?
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:44:34 PM

Because Cuda 5.x cards seem to have TLB cache which is not big enough for >1GB of addresses being cached.
750Ti were getting~8MH in the beginning, but when DAG size went to 1.3GB - bang, speed dramatically decreased.
It seems under Windows there are problems allocating and addressing so much ram effectively.
Under linux they still get ~ 5MH/s, but under Windows its 10x less. Its due to driver&chip limitations.
It seems most Nvidia cards, except most recent ones, have this "full speed for half the memory" limitation
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 12:47:00 AM

RIGHT CARD FOR THE COIN--

Currently, my 750ti cards are mining Decred (DCR) with no difficulty.  My compute 5.2 (900 series) cards are mining Ethereum (ETH).  I am planning on putting my AMD 280x cards back online, they reportedly can handle ETH pretty well.  Both DCR and ETH are on the rise.

I notice that DCR has a very long confirmation time.  I had DCR coins coming in for 2-3 days after I stopped mining them last time.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:23:09 AM

I've been on yiimp for 24-hours with Decred. Here is my acceptance rate: "accepted: 3713/3719 (99.84%)"  

For those that don't check Epsylon3 git release page, his decred address is DsdYLRUyTF7QKouD3LmFviZJ9dGzwd8DAwq .

208 ghash @ yiimp now. Great pool. Great developer

I joined yiimp yesterday as well with a few Gh/s. I prefer solomining but it's too much of a pain in the ass for decred and Eth (mostly because of the estimated average block finding period with my hashrate) and I had like 40% reject rate on suprnova.

It's probably the wrong forum but damn, tpruvot's new ccminer is quite amazing. 100% stability and pretty great speeds.

And of course I have a feeling sp_ won't release anthing remotely profitable anymore, especially when Pascal comes along. Hopefully I'm wrong though as I don't mind paying for changes that actually benefit me.

Not your keys, not your coins!
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:57:48 AM

Because Cuda 5.x cards seem to have TLB cache which is not big enough for >1GB of addresses being cached.
750Ti were getting~8MH in the beginning, but when DAG size went to 1.3GB - bang, speed dramatically decreased.
It seems under Windows there are problems allocating and addressing so much ram effectively.
Under linux they still get ~ 5MH/s, but under Windows its 10x less. Its due to driver&chip limitations.
It seems most Nvidia cards, except most recent ones, have this "full speed for half the memory" limitation
Ok I see...thx  Wonder if windows  vista would be any different?  Maybe I'll give it a try.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:01:57 AM

Currently, my 750ti cards are mining Decred (DCR) with no difficulty.  My compute 5.2 (900 series) cards are mining Ethereum (ETH).  I am planning on putting my AMD 280x cards back online, they reportedly can handle ETH pretty well.  Both DCR and ETH are on the rise.

I notice that DCR has a very long confirmation time.  I had DCR coins coming in for 2-3 days after I stopped mining them last time.       --scryptr
Thx  scryptr...what hashrate on ethereum do you get on a 980ti?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:34:58 AM

Currently, my 750ti cards are mining Decred (DCR) with no difficulty.  My compute 5.2 (900 series) cards are mining Ethereum (ETH).  I am planning on putting my AMD 280x cards back online, they reportedly can handle ETH pretty well.  Both DCR and ETH are on the rise.

I notice that DCR has a very long confirmation time.  I had DCR coins coming in for 2-3 days after I stopped mining them last time.       --scryptr
I'll answer : 980Ti Extreme: 20 Gh ( bad )     .... 390G1 GAMING : 28Gh....  280X GAMING 4G : 22Gh....
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:01:24 AM

wow that's very wrong

Are you saying there's the SAME amount of variance in the average of a large amount of people vs. the average of a small amount of people?

I'm saying you don't get to choose which part of a distribution that 'variance' happens in. If you assume because there are 5 data points, 2 of which are high, two that are low, and one in the center, you don't get to choose if it's high or low 'just cause'. Based on your logic it can be just as likely that those miners will hold and therefore ASIC miners will be less likely to dump. You don't get to pick unless you use logic to start adding rational as to why you think they'll be more likely to dump. That's no longer stats though and you haven't, I have.

This is also putting aside you're just randomly pulling stats out of your ass and I haven't done the same.

really? ... and you KNOW im anonymous? ...

You're like the only person that mines with 2% or higher donation (you didn't turn it off). Not so anonymous and it matched your hashrate from the other day when you dumped all your miners pool side.

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:13:05 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 10:55:26 PM by scryptr

GTX 980ti--

My dream card!  I don't own one yet, but I hope to purchase one new.  I plan to replace my Win 7 GTX 960 SC with a Zotac AMP! or an EVGA Classified.  From what I read the Zotac will outperform the Classified out-of-the-box.  It may have no room to overclock, though.

But Pascal cards loom near.  Currently, my GTX 970 FTW+ cards get just below 20 Mh/s each, stock, mining ETH.  No spare change for a deluxe model at the moment.       --scryptr

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:17:01 AM

GTX 980ti--

My dream card!  I don't own one yet, but I hope to purchase one new.  I plan to replace my Win 7 GTX 960 SC with a Zotac AMP! or an EVGA Classified.  From what I read the Zotac will outperform the Classified out-of-the-box.  It may have no room to overclock, though.

But Pascal cards loom near.  Currently, my GTX 270 FTW+ cards get just below 20 Mh/s each, stock, mining ETH.  No spare change for a deluxe model at the moment.       --scryptr

where are you located scryptr? ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: