Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

which is why the upgrade to the gigabyte 980ti extreme cards is taking place ...
which means ALL the gb 750ti oc lp cards are being sold soon after my personal ( house ) move ...
and yes - i know ... pascal ... when it comes out - ill see ... but for NOW - the time is for the gb 980ti extreme cards ...
so thefarm will be looking like a monster light up soon ...
#crysx

The gigabyte 980ti is not so good in Etherum mining with the current DAG size. But with 6BG of memory and a high TLB limit it will be very good in the future, when all the 280x, 7970, 7950's cannot be used anymore.

that was my thinking also ...

in the meanwhile - the gb 980ti extreme cards are powerhouses with most other algos ...

the machine i built for my mate - his is doing 11.35-11.45gh on decred ... thats 4 x gb 980ti g1 + 1 x gb 980ti extreme ... stock clocks ( of course - i dont oc these cards ) ...

yes i get a portion of that mining as well - but the point i was making was that a whole room full of these cards is a LOT of power ...

let alone a small warehouse Wink ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:51:03 PM

in the meanwhile - the gb 980ti extreme cards are powerhouses with most other algos ...

the machine i built for my mate - his is doing 11.35-11.45gh on decred ... thats 4 x gb 980ti g1 + 1 x gb 980ti extreme ... stock clocks ( of course - i dont oc these cards ) ...

yes i get a portion of that minign as well - but the point i was making was that a whole room full of these cards is a LOT of power ...

#crysx

You aim for 7GHASH of x11, then you need to rent a warehouse and quit your job.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:54:30 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 02:04:54 PM by chrysophylax

yes i get a portion of that minign as well - but the point i was making was that a whole room full of these cards is a LOT of power ...

#crysx

You aim for 7GHASH of x11, then you need to rent a warehouse and quit your job.

exactly ...

two notes here sp ...

im moving to a new house ...

thefarm is moving also - but to a small warehouse ...

and - this IS my job ... ive been doing this full time now for about 18months ...

hence the reason why im looking for inhouse devs ... to work with me on granite ( and the other coin im taking over next week ) - no matter where they are in the world ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:55:07 PM

What is the hashrate on the 1gb 980ti extreme?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:02:12 PM

What is the hashrate on the 1gb 980ti extreme?

just a few moments ago sp ... that is the correct time and date also over here ...

Code:
[2016-02-26 00:28:24] GPU #1: Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, 471.26 MH/s
[2016-02-26 00:28:24] GPU #0: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti, 2346.67 MH/s
[2016-02-26 00:28:26] GPU #0: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti, 2346.41 MH/s
[2016-02-26 00:28:28] GPU #0: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti, 2346.16 MH/s
[2016-02-26 00:28:29] GPU #0: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti, 2346.01 MH/s
[2016-02-26 00:28:31] GPU #0: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti, 2345.79 MH/s

#crysx

_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:17:14 PM

Why ? because i wrote this new kind of stratrum protocol, the miner AND yiimp integration (yes the same stratum which is now also used in the bigger pools)
DCR team doesn't seems to want to give me one DCR for that, even if they take 17% of each block for new "devs" + the huge premine

That is not true. A thread was started on the forum and the community supports reward for miner development. As a result of widespread community support for miner development, there will be a miner request for proposal (RFP) to fund work in this area. The funding process works differently compared to what we've seen in the community thus far. There is no bounty system. The entirety of the the Decred development team supports reward for tpruvot and his contributions are not ignored. A bounty would have to come from the developers personally, but we have no funds to do so - all developer funds are locked for 12 months (28% of funds) and 24 months (72% of funds). That means the developers your refer to have nothing to gift as bounties presently.

The development subsidy funds you mention are available for development funding. However, all those funds are tied to a process that must be followed. It's written in the Decred Constitution. I do understand your frustration, but it does create a difficult situation when you ask for funds when no such work was asked for. The project then looks like the bad guy for not being able to accommodate that (after it was developed) without following the funding process. I have personally been contacted by a few people who have expressed a desire to address this, and I've responded to them asking for ideas and proposals of what the miner community would benefit from the most. So I want to ask directly and publicly, what is the optimal outcome for what can be developed in the future in this area, so that an RFP can be developed for this purpose. What will serve the common good for all miners? I would like to ask for input so we can identify areas of need, fill them, and stick to what's part of the process. You would be pretty upset if the project didn't stick to the process outlined.

It's really important to understand it's not just up to the current Decred developers to decide who gets what and send DCR their way. The funding framework was established exactly to avoid misuse of funds and show transparently where funds are spent. The downside of this is that it's a longer process, due to the checks and balances and the reliance on community input. These are worthwhile sacrifices if the outcome is responsible fiscal policy. So get involved, express openly what you'd like to develop, why it's important, and then let's all work with each other and put together a proper miner RFP that many parties can join in on. It's about maximum impact that everyone can benefit from - those are important goals for funding development projects as RFPs.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:25:27 PM

Why ? because i wrote this new kind of stratrum protocol, the miner AND yiimp integration (yes the same stratum which is now also used in the bigger pools)
DCR team doesn't seems to want to give me one DCR for that, even if they take 17% of each block for new "devs" + the huge premine

That is not true. A thread was started on the forum and the community supports reward for miner development. As a result of widespread community support for miner development, there will be a miner request for proposal (RFP) to fund work in this area. The funding process works differently compared to what we've seen in the community thus far. There is no bounty system. The entirety of the the Decred development team supports reward for tpruvot and his contributions are not ignored. A bounty would have to come from the developers personally, but we have no funds to do so - all developer funds are locked for 12 months (28% of funds) and 24 months (72% of funds). That means the developers your refer to have nothing to gift as bounties presently.

The development subsidy funds you mention are available for development funding. However, all those funds are tied to a process that must be followed. It's written in the Decred Constitution. I do understand your frustration, but it does create a difficult situation when you ask for funds when no such work was asked for. The project then looks like the bad guy for not being able to accommodate that (after it was developed) without following the funding process. I have personally been contacted by a few people who have expressed a desire to address this, and I've responded to them asking for ideas and proposals of what the miner community would benefit from the most. So I want to ask directly and publicly, what is the optimal outcome for what can be developed in the future in this area, so that an RFP can be developed for this purpose. What will serve the common good for all miners? I would like to ask for input so we can identify areas of need, fill them, and stick to what's part of the process. You would be pretty upset if the project didn't stick to the process outlined.

It's really important to understand it's not just up to the current Decred developers to decide who gets what and send DCR their way. The funding framework was established exactly to avoid misuse of funds and show transparently where funds are spent. The downside of this is that it's a longer process, due to the checks and balances and the reliance on community input. These are worthwhile sacrifices if the outcome is responsible fiscal policy. So get involved, express openly what you'd like to develop, why it's important, and then let's all work with each other and put together a proper miner RFP that many parties can join in on. It's about maximum impact that everyone can benefit from - those are important goals for funding development projects as RFPs.

while I may agree with all this processes, I still think the main developers and founders of decred should direct some coins to tpruvot.
because he deserves it and because it's a wise choice, for them, to support who is currently making the coin work investing into.
from a business point of view: do it!

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:59:47 PM

I'm one of the folks that got in touch with the Decred team about somehow rewarding the work that tpruvot did.

@_ingsoc:
I've been meaning to respond to your PM on this matter, but traveling right now, so this is just a quick stop by to say that I'm roughly in the same spot as Pallas. I understand the "due process" that's been laid out, as well as the RFP system, and that awarding bounties opens up the door for a flood of people coming up with similar claims (bounty me for this, me for that, and so on).

But at the end of the day, a native miner for one of the only two significant platforms, is absolutely critical at launch time. Not a month or two later, following the natural course of all the RFP formalities. Tpruvot delivered this, and he's here for the community, reward or no reward. As  just "one guy, one community member", I personally donated a few coins and did some mining time for Tpruvot. I also mine at his pool, perfectly happy to pay the above-average-fee as yet another form of donating.

Given the importance of having an inclusive mining community, I'd say that the Decred team should lead by example here. A personal (in other words, unofficial) donation by the developers would be more than adequate. In my mind, it's really not about the money, it's about not letting "the process" get in the way of fairness at such a critical time.

Anyhow, apologies for extending this topic here. I'll followup via appropriate channels when I get a chance.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 03:16:18 PM

while I may agree with all this processes, I still think the main developers and founders of decred should direct some coins to tpruvot.
because he deserves it and because it's a wise choice, for them, to support who is currently making the coin work investing into.
from a business point of view: do it!

in agreement and addition to this ...

epsylon3 ( tpruvot ) has created something that is more viable to the community as a whole - than for personal benefit ...

what you are now asking him to do is put a request in for the project - then an rfp is to be created for this project - then the rfp considered already complete and closed - just so you can administer policies set by the decred constitution ... am i the only one seeing this as a governmental style of dictatorship of process? ...

ie - an entire waste of precious time and effort from ALL parties involved? ...

if an idea is presented - and ALL these steps of the decred process need to be adhered ... wouldnt that make the whole developmental process slower than the current state of the decred blockchain? ...

seriously - there needs to be a better way ... you remind me of government corporations ( yes - i said corporations ... as if they are there for the benefit of the community - pffft! ) that would rather go around on paper trails and policies - than actually FIX issues in society and homes ...

so like these government corporations - the community should band together and create their own subset of process-less rules that they can work with? ...

i fail to see the importance of such processes and rules - when the developer has already finished and succeeded with the project - even before it was proposed ...

here is an idea for you ...

how about allowing a donation-centric subset of rules and regulations ( that you guys CAN create within the decred constitution - doesnt sound governmental does it? ) that allow the community to donate a number of dcr to developers that have projects FOR the decred project via a list of community driven projects outside the jurisdiction of the decred constitution ... allowing the community to make up their minds as to what project they wish to donate to - simply by going through a list on a website ...

in any case - tpruvot is one developer that you really need to take note of ( amongst others of course ) - and so should be duly offered some remittance of a reward ... not because he supplied an answer to a question - but because he supplied the methodology to the answer BEFORE the question was asked ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 03:19:19 PM

I'm one of the folks that got in touch with the Decred team about somehow rewarding the work that tpruvot did.

@_ingsoc:
I've been meaning to respond to your PM on this matter, but traveling right now, so this is just a quick stop by to say that I'm roughly in the same spot as Pallas. I understand the "due process" that's been laid out, as well as the RFP system, and that awarding bounties opens up the door for a flood of people coming up with similar claims (bounty me for this, me for that, and so on).

But at the end of the day, a native miner for one of the only two significant platforms, is absolutely critical at launch time. Not a month or two later, following the natural course of all the RFP formalities. Tpruvot delivered this, and he's here for the community, reward or no reward. As  just "one guy, one community member", I personally donated a few coins and did some mining time for Tpruvot. I also mine at his pool, perfectly happy to pay the above-average-fee as yet another form of donating.

Given the importance of having an inclusive mining community, I'd say that the Decred team should lead by example here. A personal (in other words, unofficial) donation by the developers would be more than adequate. In my mind, it's really not about the money, it's about not letting "the process" get in the way of fairness at such a critical time.

Anyhow, apologies for extending this topic here. I'll followup via appropriate channels when I get a chance.

aaand of course myagui putting it more eloquently than i have ...

im now off to bed ... nite all ...

Wink ...

#crysx

Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:39:48 PM

it's a 980ti worth getting for mining, what are the performance versus a 970?
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:43:12 PM

@ Decred Team

How can you chose such a compute intensive algo and hold onto your coins for 1 and even more 2 years???  Roll Eyes

The ASIC companies will RAPE your ARSE very hard. They have NO intention to EVER hold a SINGLE coin!!!

ASICs are welcome but not in SUCH a short timeframe which IMO will happen especially with blake.
(you made it too easy for them  Cry  )

After 6 months I definitely sell my DCR and rebuy after you got raped. (what a shame)
Vaccomondus

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:46:43 PM

You should move some rigs to Yiimp #crysx. I have done it.
Currently 15-17GHASH, but I might move another 100GHASH this weekend.

In the last 24hours we have found 4 blocks worth around 2.8$ * 76 = $212.

5% to epsylon is only $10.54

$200 to the miners per day
$10 to the developer per day.

Yiimp has currently an average hashrate of around 50GHASH

Fair enough...

but,

The SUPERDUPER  pool is using his stratum code and have 1400 GHASH with a 2% fee.

With $5600 generated  $112 to the pool owner everyday..

what superduper pool? there is another big pool mining decred?
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 05:05:24 PM

You should move some rigs to Yiimp #crysx. I have done it.
Currently 15-17GHASH, but I might move another 100GHASH this weekend.

In the last 24hours we have found 4 blocks worth around 2.8$ * 76 = $212.

5% to epsylon is only $10.54

$200 to the miners per day
$10 to the developer per day.

Yiimp has currently an average hashrate of around 50GHASH

Fair enough...

but,

The SUPERDUPER  pool is using his stratum code and have 1400 GHASH with a 2% fee.

With $5600 generated  $112 to the pool owner everyday..

what superduper pool? there is another big pool mining decred?

SUPRNOVA.CC--

There was a blog article:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/7109-decred-dcr-mining-on-nvidia-with-getwork-over-stratum/

Several pools have implemented stratum protocols for algos that by default use getwork, like decred and ethereum.  Generally, miner performance improves.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:28:48 PM

Probobly a Scam. Not sure.
GPU's work, and they have a resell value. Most of you who mined with an Asic know that it is impossible to ROI.

even if they are real ( and probably are ) - they mine x11 - full stop! ...

gpus are -

1 - reusable ...
2 - multialgo ...
3 - optimizable ...
4 - resellable ...
5 - long life-able Tongue ...

with asics ... when a newer asic is developed and then is sold on the free market - which outperforms the last asic by n times ... you more or less throw the old asic out ...

or use it as a door stop ...

my advice - use the old asic as a footstool ... always sit ergonomically in my books Wink ...

#crysx

You resell as soon as new ASICs come out and preorder new ASICs from reputable companies. That's the rotation of the ASIC market. That's not as feasible with BTC as older ASICs seem to be completely worthless, instead of being less efficient. Every six months they seem to use more power then they mine due to the difficulty climb. Where as something like Scrypt ASICs are still profitable from the first batch close to two years ago.

As far as how big your farm is, who knows, I just saw you skulking around Decred... So I suppose that means you like profits. :]

keep the 5% mate ... you deserve it ...

#crysx

You should mine on his pool instead of Suprnova instead then! XD

Ah nothing quite like hypocrites.

@ Decred Team

How can you chose such a compute intensive algo and hold onto your coins for 1 and even more 2 years???  Roll Eyes

The ASIC companies will RAPE your ARSE very hard. They have NO intention to EVER hold a SINGLE coin!!!

ASICs are welcome but not in SUCH a short timeframe which IMO will happen especially with blake.
(you made it too easy for them  Cry  )

After 6 months I definitely sell my DCR and rebuy after you got raped. (what a shame)

Who generates the coins has no baring on market prices. ASIC miners are no different from GPU miners, CPU miners, or FPGA miners. A miner is a miner. PoS is the only thing that would be drastically different as the reward structure is different.

Donations:
SP - 8aef127224030cbe92d7c7fb77b9267f82b1e8e117d3ff02bfcea663fb13c7ec
Long term support
Tpruvot - 57c87fa1ac7512bd2c243a2e7196b1297ecebb25ca5cafd4f7b16ff8d2426af7
Decred
Genoli - Can't find your BTC address.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:49:18 PM

Donations:
SP - 8aef127224030cbe92d7c7fb77b9267f82b1e8e117d3ff02bfcea663fb13c7ec
Long term support
Tpruvot - 57c87fa1ac7512bd2c243a2e7196b1297ecebb25ca5cafd4f7b16ff8d2426af7
Decred
Genoli - Can't find your BTC address.

Thank you. Good times for the altcoins. Go get those coins!

Happy mining

Vaccomondus

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

what is the exact command line of eth for mining? also it can be mined with the last unofficial fork 1.7.3?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:45:16 PM

what is the exact command line of eth for mining? also it can be mined with the last unofficial fork 1.7.3?
Boy you're so fast with questions so noone can answer.
980Ti is 10 % better at ethereum ( vs 970)  and almost double ( 80-90% better)at decred...
Suprnova pool...
use .bat file from previous miner...to start same way. Just put it inside folder.
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:56:02 PM

Who generates the coins has no baring on market prices. ASIC miners are no different from GPU miners, CPU miners, or FPGA miners. A miner is a miner. PoS is the only thing that would be drastically different as the reward structure is different.

wow that's very wrong

it all depends on who is mining ... that is the single and whole point ...
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:24:58 PM

Boy you're so fast with questions so noone can answer.
980Ti is 10 % better at ethereum ( vs 970)  and almost double ( 80-90% better)at decred...
Suprnova pool...
use .bat file from previous miner...to start same way. Just put it inside folder.

I think the code can be improved..

Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: