Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

These endless discussions. Got to give it to you guys. I would have given up a long time ago  Grin
I try to put some discussions, otherwise it would look like some endless call for donation  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

It isn't new nor secret that Wolf0 has been working for quite some time on a new miners (he might be able to make more accurate statement if he passes by), things like that are more often discussed on #ccminer.

I always respect the work of other people so if someone include a gpl licensing, and I happen to use that piece of code, then I keep it as I found it with the licensing. (also as you don't seem to know, even though I repeat it all the time, I don't release private really often... so 98.5% of the time, when I release something it is directly on github wirh proper licensing and the other time, the code is even given with the binaries).

And again it isn't about what other may or may not understand  (which I don't really care) it is just the way it should be done.
I want people to deal with my code the proper way, so don't expect me to deal with other people code differently.

Alright, so it's the way 'you' do things...

As I've mentioned before, a miner fee is the best way of supporting developers long term while they work on improving their miner. It scales to both small and large miners. So if you don't care about picking apart the rats nest of licensing most people don't care about, then a miner fee works fine. All the GPL code is available to everyone already anyway, so people aren't losing out on that GPL code if it's not freely available. They're losing out on the kernel optimizations, which really have nothing to do with the GPL code, hence why we talked about something like a blackbox miner.

If you're really worried you could post the rest of the miner without the kernels next to it so people have it readily available and can see what it's built off of (not that anyone cares).

Two versions, one without the kernel and one with the kernel that isn't opensource. I'm sure they'll understand your spirit of keeping things alive. ^^

Ethereum is still hot guys, you should be mining, Nvidia or not.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:15:50 PM

My git is still active. Just submitted a 0.2% increase in lyra2v2.
yeah I saw you commited something you removed... still the same activity as usual... half of the change which happens are just to correct some shit you put it in at the previous round...   Grin

It isn't release 78, actually it is more likely 39 (in terms of real progress).  Grin
Seriously can't you just check what you are doing before committing anything  Grin

Stop trolling and finish your pledge miner.  Grin

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:24:01 PM

so basically you expect other dev to work on the opensource so to make your private miner faster Huh
pallas says thank you to you  Grin

I will study your new optimized Neoscrypt code and learn.
You should study my code as well. We use different ways to reach our goal. I do small compiler/assembly optimalizations while you are reinventing the algorithm. You should buy my private miner and analyze it. I will give you a discount of 0.05 BTC.  Roll Eyes

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:09:28 PM

so basically you expect other dev to work on the opensource so to make your private miner faster Huh

You should study my code as well. We use different ways to reach our goal. I do small compiler/assembly optimalizations while you are reinventing the algorithm. You should buy my private miner and analyze it. I will give you a discount of 0.05 BTC.  Roll Eyes
that's your problem, you need to study my code to get something out, while if you knew what you were doing it is the original code would have to read to make it easier for the gpu.
Basically you don't get any real upgrade because you don't look at what the code does, you are just trying random stuff expecting it will work based on what and other devs wrote... well good luck with that Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:19:58 PM

that's your problem, you need to study my code to get something out, while if you knew what you were doing it is the original code would have to read to make it easier for the gpu.
Basically you don't get any real upgrade because you don't look at what the code does, you are just trying random stuff expecting it will work based on what and other devs wrote... well good luck with that Grin

I must be the luckiest man in the universe then. My private kernals are the fastest in the world.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:57:39 PM

I must be the luckiest man in the universe then. My private kernals are the fastest in the world.
I feel like discussing with a tv commercial right now... where's the fucking remote ? Grin

djm34 facebook page
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:00:21 PM

pallas says thank you to you  Grin
You should study my code as well. We use different ways to reach our goal. I do small compiler/assembly optimalizations while you are reinventing the algorithm. You should buy my private miner and analyze it. I will give you a discount of 0.05 BTC.  Roll Eyes
I feel like discussing with a tv commercial right now... where's the fucking remote ? Grin

Saturday night. You should go and DJ. That is your profession isn't it?

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:06:06 PM

Ethereum to the moon. that's what i'm seeing!

Damn i'm so happy that i own AMD cards  Cool

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:13:05 PM

Nope. Probably just bob and his minions p'n'd-ing

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:16:41 PM

Nope. Probably just bob and his minions p'n'd-ing

Nope? i just ROI'ed my ROI from my ROI on top of my ROI  Grin Shocked

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

This thread has 550 000 Views. This is real Human programming....

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:31:50 PM

You should study my code as well. We use different ways to reach our goal. I do small compiler/assembly optimalizations while you are reinventing the algorithm. You should buy my private miner and analyze it. I will give you a discount of 0.05 BTC.  Roll Eyes

lol what make you think that ? The vibe I put on your thread  Grin
is SP your profession ?  Grin

djm34 facebook page
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:37:35 PM

I am a DJ. You are not

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:46:27 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 12:02:09 AM by djm34

I am a DJ. You are not
never said I was Grin
You are making stuff up then telling me that I am not what you made up Grin good one Grin
(you should stop drugs, it clearly alters you consciousness and your programming skill)

djm34 facebook page
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:01:39 AM

I'm aware of a couple of  assembly code optimizing techniques I've used before but require an initimate knowledge
of the CPU (GPU in this case) architecture including memory interface, cache organization and execution environment.

I intend to give this a try with cpuminer-opt once I get up to speed on Intel architecture. Would you be interested in
doing it for cuda? I could explain the details.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 12:30:32 AM

I'm aware of a couple of  assembly code optimizing techniques I've used before but require an initimate knowledge
of the CPU (GPU in this case) architecture including memory interface, cache organization and execution environment.

I intend to give this a try with cpuminer-opt once I get up to speed on Intel architecture. Would you be interested in
yeah because it is well known that we just do random stuff  Grin

djm34 facebook page
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:53:06 AM

Winners don`t use drugs. My crypto kernals are profitable. Yours are not. Finish the plegde please...

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:01:34 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 02:43:20 AM by joblo

I'm aware of a couple of  assembly code optimizing techniques I've used before but require an initimate knowledge

yeah because it is well known that we just do random stuff  Grin

LOL. Trial and error also works sometimes, the key is to figure out exactly why it works.

In my teaser ity's about code scheduling to maximize throughput by avoiding processor stalls
and maximizing superscalar operation.. It's not something that compilers can do easilly
because it requires so much anlysis and detailed understanding of the operation of
a CPU.

You may think I'm joking or boasting but I'm willing to discuss it openly and be subject to humiliation.

You may also wonder why I would do this. If the techniques work I would ask the developpers to
open some of their private code. Also I want to leverage the cuda expertise available to improve
the product for everyone.

I'll post one technique in a while that requires CPU support, but I have to dig out my old processor manuals
for a refresher. This one is something compilers should do since it is documented.

Edit: I've reviewed my manuals and checked out haswell optimization maual online and didn't see
anything at first glance that indicates they have the support to do the following:

allocate load

A special form of the load instruction will cause a line of cache to be allocated without accessing memory to fill it.
This is usefull when allocating mem and you don't care what data is in it. Memory isn't accessed unless the cache line
gets flushed for other reasons. An if the buffer is used for a short time it may never need to access memory.

Example:

uint32_t* p = allocate_load( size )
crunch some data
free_and_invalidate_cache ( &p )

even better lock  the cache line to guarantee it never gets flushed, effectively expanding the
register set.

struct * my_struct  my_regs = alocate_load _and_lock_line( size )
do stuff with my_regs.r1 etc
free_unlock_and_invalidate_cache( &my_regs );

What do you think?

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:23:23 AM

Im selling popcorn for 0.1 BTC with 500% faster pop.
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: