Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

I'm having trouble getting ccminer.exe to run in WINE. I looked through the threads a bit after failing to get it to work. Seems there are mixed results out there.
Code:
wine ccminer.exe -q -a quark -o stratum+tcp://stratum............
get error
Code:
Driver does not support CUDA 5.5 API! Update your nVidia driver!
Card is GTX-750ti, OS Xubuntu 14.04, CUDA 7.5, nVidia driver 352.68. Pretty sure that's all up to date. What am I missing?

Ask jublo, he made it working. Wich ccminer exe file are you trying to run?

would the windows version run on Linux via wine?  
No - it accesses the GPU, which requires the driver libs, which call into the driver running in the Windows kernel mode eventually. Not fucking happening.
It's fucking happened already.
I've done it and confirmed I get full hash rate.
The GPU doesn't care what the host OS is, it's just given a binary file to run in it's own run time
environment. All it needs is a common driver interface to talk to the host.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZeroFossilFuel

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:55:50 PM

I'm having trouble getting ccminer.exe to run in WINE. I looked through the threads a bit after failing to get it to work. Seems there are mixed results out there.
Code:
get error
Code:
I'm running Xubuntu 14.04, CUDA 7.5, nVidia driver 352.68. Pretty sure that's all up to date. What am I missing?
why do you even want to run it under wine... you have to compile it for linux... 
Because I don't think sp_ wants to sell his private kernel as source code. If I'm wrong about that I'd much prefer to compile it myself.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:57:45 PM

again with these too long message to edit...  Grin

just to react a bit: there is no high demand algo, it is just a question of timing and you can't switch project in the middle of the project because of some p&d scheme going on at an instant t on some unknown coin.

Second, some of you (especially you in fact Grin) need to realize that hashrate can't be increased indefinitely. We know where it is possible (roughly) to get some improvement but for some algos it would be too much work (hence not profitable for us) to develop. For ethereum,  development is stuck by the size of the dag file and nothing can really be done about it, because it is way too large for most of the cards... the alternative would be to recalculate part of the dag element (actually I tried it...) but it is then too slow, because there are very large loop...)
So no matter how much you want a better eth miner, there are constraints which limit any kind of development at that level.

When the market for Feather gets pushed up for 3-4 months, it's probably a good sign that miners will be mining it with Neoscrypt. As I mentioned before, just looking at whattomine would give you a pretty good idea of what's in demand. Some coins are not on What though like Ethereum (despite requesting it a few times) and Spread.

Now that Cryptsy crashed and Feathercoin is pretty much obliterated, there is no demand for Neoscrypt, which means almost no one will be looking to buy a miner for it. You can always market this as 'donations', but that's not what people want or need.

Making a product is a two way relationship. Both the maker and the user have to benefit. Just making something because you feel like it, then complaining when people don't donate doesn't help anyone. You need to eat, I need to eat, I mine whatever is most profitable, you help me make more profits, I help you eat too. It's not too complicated. Right now that's Ethereum and Spread. If x11 could be improved that definitely would be a bread winner too.

I'm all for a miner fee to support you guys long run too and just use whoevers miner is faster (or hopefully a combination miner that everyone can get paid from). In particular, this should hold a lot of interest for you as a developer. It means however much you improve a miner is how much you get paid and just having the fastest miner means you will make money off of it, regardless of how much faster it is then the competition (within reason). If it's just 2% faster then the competition, then a miner fee would be paid for. Claymore marketed his miner this way and it worked quite well.

I've read the thread (and keep up with SP's thread on a regular basis) about Ethereum and I realize there are development hurdles, that doesn't change that it's in demand and if someone figures out how to get around it with some sort of clever trick they'll reap rewards for it. Considering AMD hardware seems to max out at 30Mhs and Nvidia stuff about 30% less, there may be room for improvement to get around the whole memory controller exploding. Even if you can't do it, someone else may come along who might be able to by doing something you never thought of, so it needs to be talked about...

Currently we were talking about Ethminer not working as well in W8 compared to W10, which is a bug and it may or may not be able to be figured out, but we wont be able to tell until things are looked at more thoroughly.

I agree on the part where devs modify whatever they feel like. In a way, it's their right to do so. If they want to make more money. yeah, they should mod whatever is most profitable. And there are out there that do so. But mostly not in public ;-)

And as stated above, in some cases, it just isn't worth the time/effort.

Yup... I understand they can do what they want, but when it comes down to it and people need to profit, we need to talk about what really needs to be done. Right now SP's working on pretty much everything and I would like to buy his private miner, but nothing he's making is more profitable... It's a bad business decision for me. Maybe in the future when something he's making becomes more profitable then say Eth or Spread, I'll buy his miner.

I would love to either buy a miner or use a miner with a miner fee that earns me more money. Everyone profits! It's the best sort of business relationship. I'm sure there are plenty of big farms with their own employed kernel devs working on x11 even if they rather work on Lyra right now or something.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:11:47 PM

again with these too long message to edit...  Grin

just to react a bit: there is no high demand algo, it is just a question of timing and you can't switch project in the middle of the project because of some p&d scheme going on at an instant t on some unknown coin.

Second, some of you (especially you in fact Grin) need to realize that hashrate can't be increased indefinitely. We know where it is possible (roughly) to get some improvement but for some algos it would be too much work (hence not profitable for us) to develop. For ethereum,  development is stuck by the size of the dag file and nothing can really be done about it, because it is way too large for most of the cards... the alternative would be to recalculate part of the dag element (actually I tried it...) but it is then too slow, because there are very large loop...)
So no matter how much you want a better eth miner, there are constraints which limit any kind of development at that level.

When the market for Feather gets pushed up for 3-4 months, it's probably a good sign that miners will be mining it with Neoscrypt. As I mentioned before, just looking at whattomine would give you a pretty good idea of what's in demand. Some coins are not on What though like Ethereum (despite requesting it a few times) and Spread.

Now that Cryptsy crashed and Feathercoin is pretty much obliterated, there is no demand for Neoscrypt, which means almost no one will be looking to buy a miner for it. You can always market this as 'donations', but that's not what people want or need.

Making a product is a two way relationship. Both the maker and the user have to benefit. Just making something because you feel like it, then complaining when people don't donate doesn't help anyone. You need to eat, I need to eat, I mine whatever is most profitable, you help me make more profits, I help you eat too. It's not too complicated. Right now that's Ethereum and Spread. If x11 could be improved that definitely would be a bread winner too.

I'm all for a miner fee to support you guys long run too and just use whoevers miner is faster (or hopefully a combination miner that everyone can get paid from). In particular, this should hold a lot of interest for you as a developer. It means however much you improve a miner is how much you get paid and just having the fastest miner means you will make money off of it, regardless of how much faster it is then the competition (within reason). If it's just 2% faster then the competition, then a miner fee would be paid for. Claymore marketed his miner this way and it worked quite well.

I've read the thread (and keep up with SP's thread on a regular basis) about Ethereum and I realize there are development hurdles, that doesn't change that it's in demand and if someone figures out how to get around it with some sort of clever trick they'll reap rewards for it. Considering AMD hardware seems to max out at 30Mhs and Nvidia stuff about 30% less, there may be room for improvement to get around the whole memory controller exploding. Even if you can't do it, someone else may come along who might be able to by doing something you never thought of, so it needs to be talked about...

Currently we were talking about Ethminer not working as well in W8 compared to W10, which is a bug and it may or may not be able to be figured out, but we wont be able to tell until things are looked at more thoroughly.

I agree on the part where devs modify whatever they feel like. In a way, it's their right to do so. If they want to make more money. yeah, they should mod whatever is most profitable. And there are out there that do so. But mostly not in public ;-)

Yup... I understand they can do what they want, but when it comes down to it and people need to profit, we need to talk about what really needs to be done. Right now SP's working on pretty much everything and I would like to buy his private miner, but nothing he's making is more profitable... It's a bad business decision for me. Maybe in the future when something he's making becomes more profitable then say Eth or Spread, I'll buy his miner.

I would love to either buy a miner or use a miner with a miner fee that earns me more money. Everyone profits! It's the best sort of business relationship. I'm sure there are plenty of big farms with their own employed kernel devs working on x11 even if they rather work on Lyra right now or something.

can I have the executive summary ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
ZeroFossilFuel

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:33:04 PM

LOL! I think that was it!  Grin
ldw-com

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:33:34 PM

Oh shit, i seriously pissed my pants reading that. I knew this was coming and it was already there before i could even think it.  Grin
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:44:46 PM

again with these too long message to edit...  Grin

Second, some of you (especially you in fact Grin) need to realize that hashrate can't be increased indefinitely. We know where it is possible (roughly) to get some improvement but for some algos it would be too much work (hence not profitable for us) to develop. For ethereum,  development is stuck by the size of the dag file and nothing can really be done about it, because it is way too large for most of the cards... the alternative would be to recalculate part of the dag element (actually I tried it...) but it is then too slow, because there are very large loop...)

Oh shit, i seriously pissed my pants reading that. I knew this was coming and it was already there before i could even think it.  Grin

actually, Bensam123 has been serving us for months the extended version of his ideas... we got it the first time, we gave our opinions, but still it is coming back in an even longer format day after day Grin

(must admit, I am running out of good joke to make about it... )

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Genoil

Activity: 438

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:58:32 PM

It's not a bug. It's an overlooked side-effect of randomly accessing huge memory areas. I'm still at a loss as to how the algo designers didn't see this coming. With DAG hitting 1280MB now, the first reports on specific types of AMD cards biting the dust on ETH are already coming in (Tahiti, notably).

antantti's donation of today has motivated me to start working on an optimisation for those cards. That optimisation is already part of my DAGger simulator and seems to work pretty well. I'm not entirely sure why this optimisation seems to negate the effects of TLB trashing, but I think it has something to do with the odd memory architecture of GCN 1.0.  

I was actually planning to sit back and watch the DAGpocalypse happening, but the last thing Ethereum can use now is miners leaving en masse.

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
AliMan

Activity: 2002
Merit: 502

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:00:56 PM

By thinking ..
ETH
970 100ME(elpida) - 22 Mh/s
960 100ME(samsung) -10 Mh/s
ethminer-cuda-0.9.41
Windows 8.1 x64

My 970 works 22Mh/s. 970 no 100ME- 17Mh/s.Assume the memory effect Elpida.

Windows 8.1x64 (970+960)-32Mhs
Windows 10x64 (970+960)-12Mhs
Windows 7x64 (970+960)-31.5Mhs

chart (1).jpeg

I was wondering about the lower hash I was getting on W10, thanks for the info.

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:20:38 PM

My 970 works 22Mh/s. 970 no 100ME- 17Mh/s.Assume the memory effect Elpida.

17 mhash is elpida

and the 22mhash is? (samsung I guess?)

btw what is the core clock AND memory clock set to?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:33:40 PM

It's not a bug. It's an overlooked side-effect of randomly accessing huge memory areas. I'm still at a loss as to how the algo designers didn't see this coming. With DAG hitting 1280MB now, the first reports on specific types of AMD cards biting the dust on ETH are already coming in (Tahiti, notably).

antantti's donation of today has motivated me to start working on an optimisation for those cards. That optimisation is already part of my DAGger simulator and seems to work pretty well. I'm not entirely sure why this optimisation seems to negate the effects of TLB trashing, but I think it has something to do with the odd memory architecture of GCN 1.0.  

I was actually planning to sit back and watch the DAGpocalypse happening, but the last thing Ethereum can use now is miners leaving en masse.

What about a solution of multiple cards working together or in other words the DAG file being shared in chunks over all GPUs. Or is the bandwidth between cards would make it slower?

Not your keys, not your coins!
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:41:03 PM

Code:
get error
Code:
Card is GTX-750ti, OS Xubuntu 14.04, CUDA 7.5, nVidia driver 352.68. Pretty sure that's all up to date. What am I missing?

Ask jublo, he made it working. Wich ccminer exe file are you trying to run?

would the windows version run on Linux via wine?  
No - it accesses the GPU, which requires the driver libs, which call into the driver running in the Windows kernel mode eventually. Not fucking happening.
It's fucking happened already.
I've done it and confirmed I get full hash rate.
The GPU doesn't care what the host OS is, it's just given a binary file to run in it's own run time
environment. All it needs is a common driver interface to talk to the host.

I'm not sure if everything worked with the open source ccminer so I won't assume anything.
Your OS is two years old and ccminer was compiled with the latest cuda 7.5, likely a compatibilty issue.
Check if cuda 7.5 and the supported drives are available for your version (X)Ubuntu. You don't need
cuda to run ccminer but you have to have drivers compatible with the cuda version used to build it.

If you can't get cuda 7.5 supported drivers for your OS you'll have to upgdade the os or ask SP to
build with 6.5.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
AliMan

Merit: 502

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:50:44 PM

Anyone know what BTC can you get with 100 mh/s on ETH?

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:53:55 PM

Anyone know what BTC can you get with 100 mh/s on ETH?

you could use something like this:

http://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator

Vita1ico

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:01:22 PM

17 mhash is elpida
I have 970 100ME(elpida)-22Mhs.
Who is hynix or samsung - 17Mhs maximum.

try-
ethminer -U -F http://pool.eth.pp.ua/?miner=33@addresswallet@Vita1ico --cuda-devices 0 --high-cpu-load --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-schedule sync
"ethminer-cuda-0.9.41-new2"
Genoil

Activity: 438

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:03:10 PM

Chunky ethminer done:

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/opencl-chunks

CUDA users need not bother. AMD users are invited to play around with various values after --cl-chunks command line option. Chunk size in MB. Based on reports for dagSimCL, chunk size of 640 may yield good results. Note that I've written this without access to AMD hardware, so your mileage may vary...

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:15:01 PM

17 mhash is elpida
I have 970 100ME(elpida)-22Mhs.
Who is hynix or samsung - 17Mhs maximum.

try-
ethminer -U -F http://pool.eth.pp.ua/?miner=33@addresswallet@Vita1ico --cuda-devices 0 --high-cpu-load --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-schedule sync
"ethminer-cuda-0.9.41-new2"

haha really? Elpida takes the crown?
So maybe bad vram timings is something the board partners should be blamed for. Afterall they have each their own bios, at least for the custom versions.
Vita1ico

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:24:16 PM

haha really? Elpida takes the crown?
On the screen you can see that one rate of 22-23Mhs 970..
url=https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/vita1ico/album/377049/view/1331941][/url]
DSC03601.JPG
Two friends from our forum does not rise above 17Mhs per samsung & hunix.
Vita1ico

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:16:17 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 06:26:52 PM by Vita1ico

elpida memory and I find no difference in eth hashing speed between them. Windows 7 x64.
elpida memory 970? File .bat as I have  above ?
Flags must be exactly like me . Other flags of a file given only 17..
I'm not a programmer.I am trying to find a reason why others can not do 23Mhs. I then worked at 22-23Mhs ..
ps cuda7.5
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:41:46 PM

can I have the TL:DR?

Make kernels for algos people use.

If you're afraid of putting in a little bit of work and no one buying it, make a miner with a fee.

elpida memory and I find no difference in eth hashing speed between them. Windows 7 x64.
elpida memory 970? File .bat as I have  above ?
Flags must be exactly like me . Other flags of a file given only 17..
I'm not a programmer.I am trying to find a reason why others can not do 23Mhs. I then worked at 22-23Mhs ..
ps cuda7.5

Same, I have Elpedia, Hynx, and Samsung and there is no difference between them except for the OS (W10 and W8).

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: