Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347503 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:18:02 AM

Please cut djm a little slack - he's really a good dude, but this is stressing out all of us.

Prove it. Words ring hollow, your actions are what make you who you are.

I can say I'm a pretty rainbow unicorn fairy, that doesn't make me one.

You're an asshole who loves talking about shit you know nothing about, then...

Yup, I know nothing about economics of cryptos or care about anything other then how much BTC I get paid in one large lump sum... and even then when people do offer me a lump sum I'll complain that it's not enough. You got me. (That is rhetoric and sarcasm BTW) That's the whole reason I try to cut back room deals with devs instead of knowing I'm not getting in their good graces to try and help everyone.

I know talking about things you don't like will make you hate me. I know that means you will more then likely never sell me a kernel, regardless of the fact that you say you'll whore yourself to whoever has money. I have a lot of money at stake here and I still do, even after you already fucked me with AMD kernels.

A miner fee doesn't benefit just me, it benefits everyone. I said I'd mine at 2% for SP if he added one to his miner. I really don't care if it doesn't include all the developers. I'd like it to include people like Pallas that helps quite a bit and everyone that contributed, but if no one actually wants to make a system where people get fed and instead no one does, I'll take what I can get.

I don't hate you. I think you're whining about something that YOU want OTHER PEOPLE to do. YOU should learn to implement a miner fee, and then come to devs with a workable, MIT licensed, miner shell that needs algos. If you did some shit like that, maybe there WOULD be a good miner with a fee out there - and you'd get a cut!

Why should I pay you to take my money? How entitled are you?

Just to make sure you read that right. I need to pay money for then again have you take more money.

I have bought private miners. I have donated to people. I don't know what else you're looking for here. I'm not paying more money for you then again to take more of my money. I don't think we have a clear differentiation of our job roles here princess.

Look lets use Nicehash as an example. They provide a service, they get paid for their service with fees for using it. They realize that they're essentially employing both miners and coin traders, therefore they want to keep both in business. They subsidize their work by paying for better miners that are openly available to everyone, so that the miners who aren't sucking enough kernel makers dick will still be able to keep their hardware turned on... Which at the end of the day will benefit Nicehash as well as everyone else.

It's win-win, even if they can't rape the pie like you guys want to do. In the end you're burning everything to the ground around you to build your little shit palace in the middle of it.

No, you would GET money - for having contributed... what? You'd get part of the miner fees, I meant...

I'm a miner, why would I get a portion of a miner fee? I didn't make any code. I want to use a miner fee as a way of contributing with my hardware. It's a donation. I don't want to get donated to. I just want to keep kernel makers employed so they'll keep making competitive kernels and a miner fee is the best way of doing this, so we wont end up in private miner shit valley where all the pub kernels are unprofitable and all the plebs like myself have to shut down and sell our hardware.

Just to set things straight. I would get NO portion of a miner fee. It's all for whoever is making the code. I'm a miner, I mine with hardware, I use the miner with the fee and I donate 2% of my hashrate. Preferably it would be split up among all the developers who contributed, but just getting developers to start accepting a miner fee as a alternative to selling private miners to big fat-cat farms is a start.

You're apparently not even reading what I'm writing, here...

Apparently because you aren't explaining things princess. I wrote two paragraphs on your one broken sentence. I'm not the one who isn't communicating.

I'm not sure what else "You'd get part of the miner fees..." would mean.

Using lots of words doesn't make you effective at communicating. Anyways...

I don't hate you. I think you're whining about something that YOU want OTHER PEOPLE to do. YOU should learn to implement a miner fee, and then come to devs with a workable, MIT licensed, miner shell that needs algos. If you did some shit like that, maybe there WOULD be a good miner with a fee out there - and you'd get a cut!

Try reading that again.

When you're trying to convey a position it certainly helps, especially when you write something ambiguous which can be misinterpreted. Notice how I wrote a second paragraph just to make sure you didn't misread what I wrote?

And once again I'm not a developer, that's not my job. There are multiple jobs in the crypto scene and that's one of them. If I had a lot of money to throw around I'd definitely consider making a startup focused around a miner, but I don't as you already helped me lose a good amount of my initial investment in cryptos. Which is why I either have to deal with your shit and try to change your opinion on it or hope someone like Nicehash does something to help. I'm looking for something that makes everyone happy or at least content.

You could open an exchange and make money off fees there too if you wanted to! Why don't you do that and then use the profits to subsidize your ability to code? Oh wait, you have no interest in that and it's not your job.

Notice at no point did I say I wanted you to give me something for free? I'm even suggesting giving me what you already are, only I pay a fee. I'm offering to do something associated with my job, which is pay a fee.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:13:12 AM

As a FYI release 72 uses 20w more power per 970 for the same hashrate as DJMs build.

What hashrate to you get? Are you using linux and cuda 7.5?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:16:14 AM

Here is lyra2v2 in sp-mod release 72(@github)

Anybody tested on linux yet?  what hashrates are you getting?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:01:31 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 11:34:52 AM by djm34

blabla ... fee ... fee ... fee ... blabla... fee... fee

not again...  Grin Roll Eyes

(internet just ran out of facepalm meme)

regarding the startup, I think you overestimate the profit which can really be made... (not mentioning that a company would have to rely purely on altcoin (mostly shitcoin) value... looks to me as a very risky business model)
also most of the algos which really count have already been open-sourced, and most miners don't really upgrade their program on a daily basis...

imagine how would look that thread (or any open-source miner thread) if I or others had startups and had to keep them afloat...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:24:45 PM

not again...  Grin Roll Eyes

seems when all the algos are in the shitter, the arguing gets more fierce.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:42:04 PM

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:42:42 PM

not again...  Grin Roll Eyes

seems when all the algos are in the shitter, the arguing gets more fierce.
not sure what you are talking about, there is nothing "fierce" in either what I wrote nor Bensam (nor Wolf0), I am just "reacting" (and add some fun to the discussion) on the fact that Bensam is posting all the time about the miner with a fee. (and I never even said it was a bad idea... ).

ps: sarcasm always remains unnoticed... yeah I know... (irony too apparently)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:48:32 PM

When you're trying to convey a position it certainly helps, especially when you write something ambiguous which can be misinterpreted. Notice how I wrote a second paragraph just to make sure you didn't misread what I wrote?

And once again I'm not a developer, that's not my job. There are multiple jobs in the crypto scene and that's one of them. If I had a lot of money to throw around I'd definitely consider making a startup focused around a miner, but I don't as you already helped me lose a good amount of my initial investment in cryptos. Which is why I either have to deal with your shit and try to change your opinion on it or hope someone like Nicehash does something to help. I'm looking for something that makes everyone happy or at least content.

You could open an exchange and make money off fees there too if you wanted to! Why don't you do that and then use the profits to subsidize your ability to code? Oh wait, you have no interest in that and it's not your job.

Notice at no point did I say I wanted you to give me something for free? I'm even suggesting giving me what you already are, only I pay a fee. I'm offering to do something associated with my job, which is pay a fee.

But I'm not telling OTHER PEOPLE how to run their exchanges, and what to do with them.
Grin

djm34 facebook page
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:39:01 PM

Tpruvot is adding my modded kernels now in his fork.(1.7) one by one. Nice. he keeps the compability with older cards too.

With my modded blake. quark was up 1MHASH on the gtx 960. So far Skein and Blake has been added. He need to add the rest of the kernals as well :-)

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:45:15 PM

Quark   0.1656
Lyra2v2    0.1828

The mining profit for both quark and lyra2v2 are declining rapidly..

Vertcoin continues to fall. At the launch of the new lyra2v2 algo the coins marketcap was 100% higher that today..
Mona is also falling.(lyra2v2)

Sharkcoin has stopped falling.. Let's hope for a rebound

Diavulu

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:07:24 AM

Vert was the first thing I have tried to mine with djms help. It is disappointing to see it fall by half since I started.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:19:15 AM

Here is lyra2v2 in sp-mod release 72(@github)

Anybody tested on linux yet?  what hashrates are you getting?

GTX970 +100 OC breaks 10MH on Fedora 20.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:25:23 AM

Vert was the first thing I have tried to mine with djms help. It is disappointing to see it fall by half since I started.
well there are always up and down...

djm34 facebook page
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 04:08:03 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 04:28:35 AM by Epsylon3

Tpruvot is adding my modded kernels now in his fork.(1.7) one by one. Nice. he keeps the compability with older cards too.

With my modded blake. quark was up 1MHASH on the gtx 960. So far Skein and Blake has been added. He need to add the rest of the kernals as well :-)

Yes blake512 made real perf changes (in most algos), for skein only 0.6 to 1%. But no i dont need to add all your kernels, i just added the ones which are faster on both linux and windows

Not sure if the cryptomining blog binary includes it...

Im now close to the 1.7 release, remains the SM 3.0 compatibility tests (and fix at least lyra2v2 on them).... waiting a device for real tests.

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:33:38 AM

As a FYI release 72 uses 20w more power per 970 for the same hashrate as DJMs build.

What hashrate to you get? Are you using linux and cuda 7.5?

Window x64 8.1. I also have a W10 x64 machine, they all perform the same.

regarding the startup, I think you overestimate the profit which can really be made... (not mentioning that a company would have to rely purely on altcoin (mostly shitcoin) value... looks to me as a very risky business model)
also most of the algos which really count have already been open-sourced, and most miners don't really upgrade their program on a daily basis...

Your entire business model depends on so called 'shitcoins'. You make a living off making kernels for them.

Putting aside the hypocrisy, there is a LOT of money that flows through GPU/CPU mineable coins. I don't think I'm underestimating anything. The trade volume is tremendous and checking out Nicehash shows that 2% would easily yield a lot of money... that's just Nicehash. The stats are all there. There aren't many businesses where potential revenue is pretty much laid out right in front of you and you can easily see how much of it you could take.

If you wanted to be a dick, you could tie it to your own pools too and make people mine on them. Which would allow you to make even more money off of it.

I think you just don't want something like this to happen because it would impact your sales (rightfully so).

But I'm not telling OTHER PEOPLE how to run their exchanges, and what to do with them.

Just because you don't own something doesn't mean you can't say anything. If no one uses their exchange it will die. Conversely if they're the only game in town and they rape you out the asshole (price gouge) you will also die. If there is a better method and you believe that it would help everyone out (not just you) in the long run, you definitely should say something. That's about making a proper business relationship.

We all depend on each other, willingly choking one half to build a shit palace wont help you in the long run as the fat-cats you're employed by will eventually get big enough to hire their own talent.

It's actually sorta weird that there isn't more competition in the Kernel scene and the only reason I can think this exists is because you guys keep that you sell them and how much they're sold for so hush-hush.

If Nicehash wanted to help, putting aside making their own miner, they should make a marketplace for buying and selling kernels. I think that would improve things immensely.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:24:30 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 06:53:27 AM by sp_

Your entire business model depends on so called 'shitcoins'. You make a living off making kernels for them.

I just had a quick look at the www.coinmarketcap.com site. Yesterday the exchanges traded bitcoins and altcoins for  $43 026 823. Bitcoin trades where 89% of the market so the altcoins had a volume of around $5 000 000 per day. According to the coinmarketcap.com site, the total market cap for bitcoins and altcoins  together is around $ 4 624 979 409. But coins like sharkcoin and Leocoin  and many of the new coins are not included, so the actual marketcap is higher.

Bitcoin marketcap: $4 150 000 000
Altcoins marketcap: $471 000 000

The inflation in the altocoin economy can be as much as 10% (the minable coins) but let's set it to 5% (Since many coins are POS only). With 5% inflation in average, the altcoins generate a mining revenue of $23 550 000 per year. $64 520 per day.

Let's say your 2% miner was the best in every altocoin algo in the world.. Then you would make $1290 per day.

but..

Many alt's can be mined by ASIC's and FPGAS. The GPU minable coins is perhaps half of that.. $600 per day..

And then somebody steal your kernal and put it on the internet for free. (perhaps with a virus)

And then you end up broke, and wasted alot of time..

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:44:50 AM

I just had a quick look at the www.coinmarketcap.com site. Yesterday the exchanges traded bitcoins and altcoins for  $43 026 823. Bitcoin trades where 89% of the market so the altcoins had a volume of around $5 000 000 per day. According to the coinmarketcap.com site, the total market cap for bitcoins and altocoins  together is around $ 4 624 979 409. But coins like sharkcoin and Leocoin  and many of the new coins are not included, so the actual marketcap is higher.

Bitcoin marketcap: $4 150 000 000
Altcoins marketcap: $471 000 000

The inflation in the altocoin economy can be as much as 10% (the minable coins) but let's set it to 5%. With 5% inflation in average, the altcoins generate a mining revenue of $23 550 000 per year. $64 520 per day.

Let's say your 0.02% miner was the best in every altocoin algo in the world.. Then you would make $1290 per day.

but..

Many alt's can be mined by ASIC's and FPGAS. The GPU minable coins is perhaps half of that.. $600 per day..

And then somebody steal your kernal and put it on the internet for free. (perhaps with a virus)

And then you end up broke, and wasted alot of time..

The .02% was a typo right? It would 2%. I'm not sure you can figure this out from coinmarket cap. Safer bet would be looking at the hashrate on Nicehash and take part of that. The only big ASIC alt-coin right now is Litecoin, so you can exclude that.

All the cryptos are in the shitter right now. Pretty much everything is going negative at this point. Things like Nicehash don't take into account big farms running private pools as well.

I wouldn't be worried about people ripping off the miner, there are ways of dealing with that, but they take time and money. Encryption, authentication, and verification. Those are just the brute force methods too.

A startup isn't something that makes big money. It's something that gets off the ground. Half a million per year in revenue is enough for a small company employing like 10 people with pretty decent wages. I was originally looking at something like 5-7 people as well. Guess coinmarket math is another way of looking at it.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:58:13 AM

The .02% was a typo right? It would 2%. I'm not sure you can figure this out from coinmarket cap. Safer bet would be looking at the hashrate on Nicehash and take part of that. The only big ASIC alt-coin right now is Litecoin, so you can exclude that.
All the cryptos are in the shitter right now. Pretty much everything is going negative at this point. Things like Nicehash don't take into account big farms running private pools as well.
I wouldn't be worried about people ripping off the miner, there are ways of dealing with that, but they take time and money. Encryption, authentication, and verification. Those are just the brute force methods too.
A startup isn't something that makes big money. It's something that gets off the ground. Half a million per year in revenue is enough for a small company employing like 10 people with pretty decent wages. I was originally looking at something like 5-7 people as well. Guess coinmarket math is another way of looking at it.

Scrypt and sha256 based coins are all asic now. Single algo coins like whirlpoolx, blake, keccak are all FPGA. and then we have a few algos left. The biggest problem with a 2% miner is that it has to be the fastest in the world at all times. This is very difficult. People like DJM34 and wolf0 could easily add a few percent to most of the  algos out there. Close the source and be a competetor, and then we will be out of business..

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:35:26 AM

Yes blake512 made real perf changes (in most algos), for skein only 0.6 to 1%. But no i dont need to add all your kernels, i just added the ones which are faster on both linux and windows
Not sure if the cryptomining blog binary includes it...
Im now close to the 1.7 release, remains the SM 3.0 compatibility tests (and fix at least lyra2v2 on them).... waiting a device for real tests.

My version is still 23% faster. (tested by the cryptomining-blog.com) If you merge the rest of my kernals you get the full speed.

Quark:

My version 1.5 sp-mod 71:

your version 1.7 beta:

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:41:49 AM

Scrypt and sha256 based coins are all asic now. Single algo coins like whirlpoolx, blake, keccak are all FPGA. and then we have a few algos left. The biggest problem with a 2% miner is that it has to be the fastest in the world at all times. This is very difficult. People like DJM34 and wolf0 could easily add a few percent to most of the  algos out there. Close the source and be a competetor, and then we will be out of business..

Yeah there aren't much in the way of keccak/whirl/blake coins. This is one of the unfortunate times where one of them got pumped this month (DGB) and all the GPU miners lost out on it. However, before this point they didn't make a difference. The only real scrypt coins are Litecoin and Doge.

Coinmarketcap only covers volume and not mining. It's impossible to tell based on CMC what's actually being held onto and what's being mined and dumped on a daily basis.

Yup, you'd need to be the best in the world. You're assuming that people that basically do this for a hobby that commend the pay of a full time job make the best possible kernels. Like I mentioned before, there is almost no competition in the kernel market... especially with the lack of a marketplace.

Just because you don't own something doesn't mean you can't say anything. If no one uses their exchange it will die. Conversely if they're the only game in town and they rape you out the asshole (price gouge) you will also die. If there is a better method and you believe that it would help everyone out (not just you) in the long run, you definitely should say something. That's about making a proper business relationship.

We all depend on each other, willingly choking one half to build a shit palace wont help you in the long run as the fat-cats you're employed by will eventually get big enough to hire their own talent.

It's actually sorta weird that there isn't more competition in the Kernel scene and the only reason I can think this exists is because you guys keep that you sell them and how much they're sold for so hush-hush.

If Nicehash wanted to help, putting aside making their own miner, they should make a marketplace for buying and selling kernels. I think that would improve things immensely.

You have said something - now drop the mic. You're harping on it, and insulting people when they don't want to, while not doing anything about it yourself.

By the way, I'd happily sell you a private kernel if I thought you wouldn't release it - honestly, while I don't like you, that doesn't matter one iota to me.

I'm sure you would... I would buy your kernel if I thought you were going to actually sell it to me... or something. We already covered this and I'm not the only one you wont sell your kernels to, same thing with DJM, and it has nothing to do with reselling them. I actually participate on the forums which should be telling in and of itself.

I'm not insulting people who don't want to do it. I don't think I directed insults at anyone at any point in time. I did say however you lost me a lot of money. And if you find that offensive, which you should, perhaps you should do something to remedy that. Like not making the rich richer and leaving all the small miners out on the curb, and there are ways of doing that which I suggested. And we can look at examples of it working too... like Claymore.

Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: