Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:24:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:26:20 AM

Doesn't matter what Wolf is doing on FPGAs... Where can you purchase FPGAs? How much are they? Is he openly selling it? Pretty much no to everything there.

New version of Decred might be worth it if it gets the actual hashrate on pools now... But I bought Decred with the intention of getting that speed on pool. Doesn't seem worth buying another version that gives me 25% less hash then I should be getting. Not interested in Vanilla, haven't been for some time. There are quite a few fallback coins I'd hit before Vanilla, that's even with the extra hashrate if it were free.

Just because you have such a short attention span you can't google long enough to find out where to get FPGA boards doesn't mean no one can...

Last I checked the FPGAs for mining were hellah expensive and being sold used on eBay.

Shows what you know.

where can you find fpga's units for mining that dont cost a fortune. Australia seems to have a very weak range to pick from :-/

australia has a very weak range - of ANYTHING ... fullstop! ...

believe me - ive tried ...

which is one of the reasons we here are so far behind in technological advancements - that anyone worth a pinch moves out of australia into europe or uk or usa ... or the tech itself is sold offshore to everyone else ...

if we were to import / produce fpga or asic here - it would be only worth it in HUGE bulk orders ... but who here has a million dollars to do that in those quantities ...

nup - better to go to china and manufacture it all there and sell it worldwide from there - if you have that sort of cash ...

forget any real opportunities here ... ive even been looking at moving ( and subsequently growing ) thefarm off shore also ... we even have limitations on how much solar power we are 'allowed' to have - even if one were to buy a 1000hectare farm ...

what a government ... bloody pathetic ...

#crysx

Sadly i have to agree with you on all points. Pretty sad country it has become Sad
And its only going to get worse, especially for SA.....
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:33:50 AM

Doesn't matter what Wolf is doing on FPGAs... Where can you purchase FPGAs? How much are they? Is he openly selling it? Pretty much no to everything there.

New version of Decred might be worth it if it gets the actual hashrate on pools now... But I bought Decred with the intention of getting that speed on pool. Doesn't seem worth buying another version that gives me 25% less hash then I should be getting. Not interested in Vanilla, haven't been for some time. There are quite a few fallback coins I'd hit before Vanilla, that's even with the extra hashrate if it were free.

Just because you have such a short attention span you can't google long enough to find out where to get FPGA boards doesn't mean no one can...

Last I checked the FPGAs for mining were hellah expensive and being sold used on eBay.

Shows what you know.

where can you find fpga's units for mining that dont cost a fortune. Australia seems to have a very weak range to pick from :-/

which is one of the reasons we here are so far behind in technological advancements - that anyone worth a pinch moves out of australia into europe or uk or usa ... or the tech itself is sold offshore to everyone else ...

if we were to import / produce fpga or asic here - it would be only worth it in HUGE bulk orders ... but who here has a million dollars to do that in those quantities ...

nup - better to go to china and manufacture it all there and sell it worldwide from there - if you have that sort of cash ...

forget any real opportunities here ... ive even been looking at moving ( and subsequently growing ) thefarm off shore also ... we even have limitations on how much solar power we are 'allowed' to have - even if one were to buy a 1000hectare farm ...

#crysx

Sadly i have to agree with you on all points. Pretty sad country it has become Sad

yup - it is ...

sa has the highest unemployment rate in the whole country - yet the most expensive electricity and water and food ... and this is goign to become a lot worse with the new 'rules' that the government are setting out for this financial hell hole of a state ... beautiful to visit - just dont stay here like i did - you WILL be trapped ...

rent is cheaper than most other states - but that is a small token of relief when you have to pay through the nose for your water and electricity - and through the bum for your food ( yes - i mean that the government like to enter from there - without lubricant ) when it comes to cost of food ...

when australia was called the 'lucky country' - it was completely short lived - and VERY little was done to maintain it as being a lucky country ...

i would LUV to go back to sydney - but due to the cost of rent there - i cant move thefarm with me - so it wont happen anytime soon ... at least until i can BUY a property - then its a different situation altogether ...

which state are you in mate? ...

#crysx

nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

Shows what you know.

#crysx

yup - it is ...

sa has the highest unemployment rate in the whole country - yet the most expensive electricity and water and food ... and this is goign to become a lot worse with the new 'rules' that the government are setting out for this financial hell hole of a state ... beautiful to visit - just dont stay here like i did - you WILL be trapped ...

rent is cheaper than most other states - but that is a small token of relief when you have to pay through the nose for your water and electricity - and through the bum for your food ( yes - i mean that the government like to enter from there - without lubricant ) when it comes to cost of food ...

when australia was called the 'lucky country' - it was completely short lived - and VERY little was done to maintain it as being a lucky country ...

i would LUV to go back to sydney - but due to the cost of rent there - i cant move thefarm with me - so it wont happen anytime soon ... at least until i can BUY a property - then its a different situation altogether ...

#crysx

SA born and raised mate.  and atm i have situations that require me to stay in this state despite how horrid it has become. hence why i try to mine to give me a few extra dollars in the pocket, but re-setting up again is not an easy task atm.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:00:30 AM

Decred #5 and Vanilla #3 is ready to be sendt to the donators. (0.2BTC)

Nobody want to buy the profitable v-cash kernal? Mine it while it's hot.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Velgelm

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:27:33 AM

My results :

960 - 73c 970 - 74c
Thanks SP, good work!

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:57:27 AM

My results :

960 - 73c 970 - 74c
Thanks SP, good work!

Wow on the 970 - How are you getting such a high hash rate?

Velgelm

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:01:22 AM

Good sample GPU, overclock CPU +230Mhz , Full Tower Desktop With 3+ fans 200mm, 1x140 mm 1x120mm.
My sample 960 overclocked GPU to 1600Mhz - cool and stable

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 12:17:49 PM

Shows what you know.

#crysx

yup - it is ...

#crysx

SA born and raised mate.  and atm i have situations that require me to stay in this state despite how horrid it has become. hence why i try to mine to give me a few extra dollars in the pocket, but re-setting up again is not an easy task atm.

o ok ...

well a coffee may be in order mate - if interested ...

maybe even a coalition of farms / miners ... you never what can be forged in todays day and age with this tech ...

we have just finalized ozziecoin ( ozc ) as an adoption and addition to the granite ecosystem - and the original dev has been VERY helpful indeed ... also an aussie - although in victoria ...

i cant do much at the moment with grn or ozc currently - as im in the process of moving - but in the coming weeks will be back working diligently on the development of both coins now ... as well as the rebuild and restructure of thefarm ...

if there is anything we could do to compliment the others farm or mining - or development - then maybe a discussion is not out of order and a few more extra dollars in the pocket wouldnt hurt ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 12:20:12 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 01:13:13 PM by chrysophylax

i am interested in what it can do on thefarm sp ...

any way to test first? ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:51:53 PM

More is comming in decred#6:

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Velgelm

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:54:56 PM

nice!

s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:12:13 PM

lemme guess everyone has to rebuy it again? lawl
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:57:26 PM

@SP - what do you use to overclock a multi GPU rig?  All Nvidia cards.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:39:30 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 03:21:07 PM by sp_

Standard clocks.

Testing it now:

http://zpool.ca/?address=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd

but didn't work.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:54:17 PM

Choosing the correct intensity is important. Because the 32bit nonce overflows and work is lost with incorrect intensities. Might explain why bensam is getting lower rates on the pool.

Decred buyers can try -i 29.6

s7icky

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:20:58 PM

Choosing the correct intensity is important. Because the 32bit nonce overflows and work is lost with incorrect intensities. Might explain why bensam is getting lower rates on the pool.

lolololololol k so why does no ones rates show up on pool? Is ANYONE actually seeing ANY increase poolside?
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:48:30 PM

lolololololol k so why does no ones rates show up on pool? Is ANYONE actually seeing ANY increase poolside?

http://yiimp.ccminer.org/?address=DskKQokmXSFdeU6EF7mYcAJox6xwcAqY35s

4x970, testing with -i settings continues...

There really are some problems with miner/poolside hash but there is no question if it is faster.
s7icky

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:05:20 PM

Standard clocks.

Testing it now:

http://zpool.ca/?address=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd

but didn't work.

So... SP_ please explain how this works? Or can you just come out and admit you are screwing people? this is your decred #4

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:18:57 PM

Shows what you know.

Don't buy mining ones - look into something like the Arrow SoCKit if you want a good dev board (Terasic has them) or if Xilinx is your thing, Digilent has a nice selection For mining with Xilinx, I would go with Artix-7. Scratch that, I DID go with Artix-7 - my Nexys 4 DDR board should be delivered today by 10:30AM. :3

And where do you get firmware to run on these, specifically made by you?

Still waiting for the 25% pool vs miner discrepancy to be fixed.

What are you getting for a 970 on x11?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:23:50 PM

So... SP_ please explain how this works? Or can you just come out and admit you are screwing people? this is your decred #4

Ofcouse it works

Here is a snapshot of #6 beta:

Here is why it works.  (I have removed the intensity parameter.)

Code:
	int dev_id = device_map[thr_id];
//int intensity = 29;
// if (device_sm[dev_id] < 350) intensity = 22;
// if (device_sm[dev_id] > 500)
// {
// intensity = 30;
// }
//
//uint32_t throughput = cuda_default_throughput(thr_id, 1U << intensity);

uint32_t throughput = (0xffffffff-5) / 5;
if (device_sm[dev_id] > 500)
{
throughput = (0xffffffff - 6) / 2;
}

And here is the result that I am working on in #6:

This is 14 rounds of blake and not 8.. (decred)

Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: