Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156640 times)
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:36:14 PM

does not look like this incident will be resolved this year

Who would like to take bets on which comes first :

-BFL ASIC launch
-Bitcoinica relaunch
-reward drop

I like this. Where are you setting it up?

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:39:33 PM

does not look like this incident will be resolved this year

Who would like to take bets on which comes first :

-BFL ASIC launch
-Bitcoinica relaunch
-reward drop

I like this. Where are you setting it up?

Maybe betsofbitcoin. I was just doing market research and seeing if there is any interest.

But that should be in another thread ...

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:45:50 PM

It's a good time for the following quote:

"An intelligent person learns from their own mistakes, but a genius learns from the mistakes of others."

My alarm bells always rings when somebody brags alot about what they know and what they do. This rings of insecurity, and in many instances of lack of competence.

When it comes to security the best anyone can do is an ongoing best effort following recommended industry standards for security. Young men bragging about their achivements soon enough fall on their nose.

Let's hope there are a lot of geniuses in the bitcoin community which can learn from the numerous mistakes that's already taken place in this community.

And a suggestion to everyone, don't believe anyone that claims to be infallible or that tries to give the impression that they are infallible, the true masters of their craft don't even have the need to brag, they do their work in silence.

But when this mess has first happened, be patient and let the Bitcoinica crew have their time to sort it out (admittedly I'd not be as calm if I had funds in this calamity). At this point throwing stones doesn't help the cause.
thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 04:48:22 PM

have there been any us dollar payouts yet?

genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 01:45:00 AM

Let's have a look at this in the context.
the post immediately above my post:
OK - so........... I got a mail that my account is verified as accurate - but nothing but crickets after.

I was apparently under the mistaken impression that meant I was to see some kind of funds returned?

Again - wtf? Kinda irritating because now I'm checking the damn inbox again, and I really don't want to check if the check isn't coming in the mail. Tongue

Or, are we doing the - communicate one line of email and then nothing for yet another month. This game is getting tiring Sad

same for me, checking emails several times per day, without any news any more.. very disappointing

Bitcoinica LP crew is definitely not businessmen at heart. Should have set up a blog, with daily updates, put adsense ad on it. They would by now make more money out that blog that it was stolen. LOL

This has got to be the stupidest post I've read. Why would be blogging instead of processing payouts? And putting ads on there? I'd rather not be a businessman then. Thanks for the bad advice.
stupid is:
- to have no security concept at all
- stupid ist to get no backups at all

Thank you, bremer-btc-user.

@genjix:
This is very rich for YOU and rest of your gang to call ANYONE here stupid. Real pro!. And no, it was not an advise, it was a joke. You are too smart apparently to get it.

I quit advising Bitcoinica the moment my advise to use colocation instead of linode back in September 2011 was
ignored. I have not been advising anyone in Bitcoinica since then. So please do not even for a second imagine that I am advising you here.

Funnily enough, after you guys got owned by linode, you (Bitcoinica) have "fixed" it by moving to rackspace VPS's, GENIUS! (yea for real smart ones clarification: this means IDIOTS!). Do not you see now all the hilarity of this?

P.S. Ohh and by the way "LOL" means "laughing out loud", often used on interwebs as substitute for smiles and it is usually indication that there is a joke somewhere close by.

What do you mean by "you". We were not even involved in Bitcoinica during that time. We did not move to rackspace VPS. I don't know what game you are playing, but I know that you know this.

I only notarised the signed document for the formation of Bitcoinica the day before the hack. This is public information, yet somehow you are implying false things which is very sly and strange. The only thing we are guilty of is that Patrick's personal email got added access to critical infrastructure without his knowledge, and that his email was compromised. And now it is us that bears the brunt of processing payouts.

You know this. Yet you seem intent to just make fun of me. Are you bitter or something? Did I burn you? It's honestly pathetic considering that we hung out in London a few times, you seemed a cool person and I vouched for your trusted character to others.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:28:53 AM

Is Tihan really the one holding this up or is that an Intersango lie?

Tihan is not holding it up I don't think. It's just time consuming.

And 27% of the claimed value (not 1 in 6) has been paid out so far. Consider that's for 50% of their claimed value.
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:29:52 AM

Let's have a look at this in the context.
the post immediately above my post:
OK - so........... I got a mail that my account is verified as accurate - but nothing but crickets after.

I was apparently under the mistaken impression that meant I was to see some kind of funds returned?

Again - wtf? Kinda irritating because now I'm checking the damn inbox again, and I really don't want to check if the check isn't coming in the mail. Tongue

Or, are we doing the - communicate one line of email and then nothing for yet another month. This game is getting tiring Sad

same for me, checking emails several times per day, without any news any more.. very disappointing

Bitcoinica LP crew is definitely not businessmen at heart. Should have set up a blog, with daily updates, put adsense ad on it. They would by now make more money out that blog that it was stolen. LOL

This has got to be the stupidest post I've read. Why would be blogging instead of processing payouts? And putting ads on there? I'd rather not be a businessman then. Thanks for the bad advice.
stupid is:
- to have no security concept at all
- stupid ist to get no backups at all

Thank you, bremer-btc-user.

@genjix:
This is very rich for YOU and rest of your gang to call ANYONE here stupid. Real pro!. And no, it was not an advise, it was a joke. You are too smart apparently to get it.

I quit advising Bitcoinica the moment my advise to use colocation instead of linode back in September 2011 was
ignored. I have not been advising anyone in Bitcoinica since then. So please do not even for a second imagine that I am advising you here.

Funnily enough, after you guys got owned by linode, you (Bitcoinica) have "fixed" it by moving to rackspace VPS's, GENIUS! (yea for real smart ones clarification: this means IDIOTS!). Do not you see now all the hilarity of this?

P.S. Ohh and by the way "LOL" means "laughing out loud", often used on interwebs as substitute for smiles and it is usually indication that there is a joke somewhere close by.

What do you mean by "you". We were not even involved in Bitcoinica during that time. We did not move to rackspace VPS. I don't know what game you are playing, but I know that you know this.

I only notarised the signed document for the formation of Bitcoinica the day before the hack. This is public information, yet somehow you are implying false things which is very sly and strange. The only thing we are guilty of is that Patrick's personal email got added access to critical infrastructure without his knowledge, and that his email was compromised. And now it is us that bears the brunt of processing payouts.

You know this. Yet you seem intent to just make fun of me. Are you bitter or something? Did I burn you? It's honestly pathetic considering that we hung out in London a few times, you seemed a cool person and I vouched for your trusted character to others.

Zhoutong says he sold the company to YOU, so now I am going to ask YOU again. Where the fuck are my fucking bitcoins? If you do not know what the fuck I am talking about, please read my last 50 post. I have a donation list waiting for you mother fuckers. Get your shit straight.

Maria. -G-

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:03:17 AM

Yep, we all know that. The problem is that when one buys a biz (or part of it) one gets it's assets and liabilities and comedy value too.

We all know that too. It is quite damn embarrassing, nevertheless. And here people were quite understanding for long time. And I was the first one here to come out and say that only those who do nothing do not make mistakes. Now I kind of forced to add that those who do effectively nothing about releasing significant funds to many people must be doing something badly wrong.

Make fun of you? Well yes and no. Not really you personally (however, it is you are the one who responds with personal attacks).

You are here effectively the spokesman of Bitcoinica LP, so in my posts here "you" usually means "Bitcoinica LP". But think about it, what else here left for us here to do? No seriously! Just cracked a innocent light joke or two and you immediately respond with ad homini attack and moved on to "we are not friends anymore" stance. Whether my character is trusted or not, I am not the one here who holds millions of other people money.

Bitter? Yep, to some degree. I suppose like many others here. One of the companies I was involved with has happened to have some small'iish 4 digit amount held there for quite some time now. While it is not much, that money were earmarked to be used to pay for print of Bitcoin Magazine #1, and now #2 and given that "we hanged out" and "trusted character" and that people on our side were in direct contact with Bitcoinica it tastes rather bitter to not have a single reply on our small 'ish claim in 50+ days. We must be on a "untrusted scammers, to not be paid out a single penny and to ignore" list there in Bitcoinica. This makes no sense. Would it explain some bitterness?

However small this amount is, it adds up, we had to rise some finance for Bitcoin Magazine and sell some tiny amount of equity (less than one percent) to finance print of #2. This equity could have been not sold and it easily can worth 10 times the amount a few month down the road, once we are in B&N stores and land a few more distribution deals. I am sure you (Bitcoinica LP) are damaging many other parties as well. This little example illustrates how damages you cause can be many times more than amounts you hold hostage.

I wish you have taken Zhou's offer to sort most of this in one week instead of doing all this "processing" for about two month now (and counting) with no end in sight.

So why such an overreaction and ad homini attacks in response to some innocent jokes? Do you really think that you (Bitcoinica LP) can hold hostage millions of dollars and your victims shall not even crack a joke at your expense?

Just to summarise. I am not attacking you personally (it seems you do attack me personally, however). I am, like others, irritated by the way Bitcoinica LP handles this and how long it takes.

-
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 12:35:33 PM

OK, sorry I took it so personally. I understand the frustration, but I'm confident that progress is being made now. It will take time. Donald has taken the initiative largely and is making solid progress. There are some holdups, and Zhou is being helpful too by sharing information needed.

There's something with Tihan going on, but I am not following that because it's unneeded drama for me - it seems he got fired, although I'm not sure for what. Personally I don't know if it's justified because I don't know the specifics. On the one hand, his boss felt the need to do so. On the other hand, when Bitcoinica was first hacked, I was terrified and suicidal at the thought that users funds could not be replaced. Tihan put those funds up, which is why we can now process payments out.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 01:54:04 PM

OK, sorry I took it so personally. I understand the frustration, but I'm confident that progress is being made now. It will take time. Donald has taken the initiative largely and is making solid progress. There are some holdups, and Zhou is being helpful too by sharing information needed.

There's something with Tihan going on, but I am not following that because it's unneeded drama for me - it seems he got fired, although I'm not sure for what. Personally I don't know if it's justified because I don't know the specifics. On the one hand, his boss felt the need to do so. On the other hand, when Bitcoinica was first hacked, I was terrified and suicidal at the thought that users funds could not be replaced. Tihan put those funds up, which is why we can now process payments out.
oh shit! the man with the money got fired... this is not gonna end well.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 01:54:21 PM

so no one has got us dollar payouts?

if anyone has got usd payouts please let me know.

can someone with authority tell me when to expect usd payouts?

Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:09:38 PM

Are you going to ignore my question? I have a few friends in London, can they pay you a visit and inquire about the missing funds? Genjix, answer this question clearly for me, is Zhoutong responsible for my lost bitcoins or YOU are responsible for my lost? I thought Zhoutong at first because he lied to all of us and based on that I targeted him, but since I see you are making payouts and you seem to represent bitcoinica now, I now ask YO
u.

ONE LAST TIME, When will you payout my bitcoins? TOTAL = 16,000 BTC

Maria.

BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:26:01 PM

Are you going to ignore my question? I have a few friends in London, can they pay you a visit and inquire about the missing funds? Genjix, answer this question clearly for me, is Zhoutong responsible for my lost bitcoins or YOU are responsible for my lost? I thought Zhoutong at first because he lied to all of us and based on that I targeted him, but since I see you are making payouts and you seem to represent bitcoinica now, I now ask YO
u.

Maria.

Maria: as speaking for everyone on this forum, Shut the fuck up.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:40:11 PM

u.

Maria.

+100

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
mrbrown
VIP

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:32:11 PM

u.

Maria.

and this loss was from this hack??
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:42:16 PM

u.

Maria.

+100

Yep, Maria, stop this nonsense. They have no obligation to meet you or your friends whether virtual or real. If you are not happy you can email them, you can write them to their registered address in NZ and/or you can sue them. You also can whine here. If you really want to go after them personally you sue them and try to pierce the veil of limited liability.

Overstep this and you should be in jail.

-
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:56:14 PM

Any information you have can help your claim get processed faster:

- MtGox deposit codes
- Any emails received from Bitcoinica
- Photograph of your ID to prove account ownership
- Bitcoin transaction IDs or addresses used with Bitcoinica.

Send any information to bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 04:00:58 PM

u.

Maria.
ONE LAST TIME, When will you payout my bitcoins? TOTAL = 5 BTC

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:50:21 PM

everything is clear ... Maria = Hacker... Return the target database - and you get a fake claim payout .. So all will be easier .. Reputation completely destroyed .. Your goal - to complete. What are you waiting for? This is obvious for me and for you to be the same .. No one will sue, it would be a good lesson for safety .. Take Action! Purpose - is reached, the price rose above the moving averages .. I know you made a backup, then - had a goal to return it ... All will believe in this nonsense, and I'll be happy to end, the success of the process. Sorry for machine translation ..

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:52:58 PM

Any information you have can help your claim get processed faster:

- MtGox deposit codes
- Any emails received from Bitcoinica
- Photograph of your ID to prove account ownership
- Bitcoin transaction IDs or addresses used with Bitcoinica.

Send any information to bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com
I realized that it needed to do these things again ...

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: