Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156640 times)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:54:08 PM

Cut them some slack guys. It is Sunday in UK.

Nobody works then ... they are not robots.

I work everyday.

About the payouts: working on it. Not much to add except going slowly through accounts to verify the low hanging fruit. There are some accounts marked accurate but they aren't immediately paid because the balance is so large.It could be a devastating blow if a large amount is paid erroneously, so those accounts require more checking.

50% of my 700 BTC if found not to be true would be "devastating"?

We need this to pay back the bond holders of TyGrr-Bot. Please at least give us the 50%. The amount of evidence I have sent in is massive and it is shocking that nothing has been done.

Not so shocking once you realize what kind of people they are.

I'm grumpy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:41:20 PM

There are some accounts marked accurate but they aren't immediately paid because the balance is so large.

Ah, so verified accounts with large balances need to be verified verified?

I have sent in all my wire transfer IDs, MtGox claimcode IDs, BTC transfer IDs, Bitcointalk ID, Emails, AML documentation, Screenshots, etc. I had no positions. Anything else you need?

It could be a devastating blow if a large amount is paid erroneously, so those accounts require more checking.

Fine, but it basically sounds like you are sending your largest customers to the back of the line. Even in the face of overwhelming proof from their side.

If you can guarantee that Bitcoinica is able to meet *all* valid claim requests in full (no matter the size) I can deal with that. I'm not asking for the interest I've been missing out on for the last 6 weeks, just my balance back as it was on May 11. At least provide customers with an approximate date on which you expect payments to be made.

Note: I'm not angry at genjix in particular (I think he is doing a great job) but at Bitcoinica in general and the way they have been handling this situation.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:48:58 PM

ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:04:42 PM

ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.

Hi Genjix,

Any updates on my public claim? I want to make some donations but because my funds are locked up in this mess, I am not able to. If you at least refund 50% then I can at least donate %50.

Maria.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:07:44 PM

ninjarobot, thanks.

The trouble I'm having is that for lack of any specific communication over the course of weeks, despite several emails sent, I'm unable to assess whether I need to offer any more evidence of any kind.  I don't know if information I've offered is verified, not verified, if I'm untrusted for some reason, or not.  I just don't know what my status is.  That's what I, and I'm sure others, would like to know.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:22:12 PM

ninjarobot, thanks.

I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

If your answer has to be a "NO" what will you do then?Huh
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:32:09 PM

I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

Personally I think the majority of people will be refunded. However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less. I really want everyone to get paid back fully, but I'm not going to lie and say that we're going to recreate a perfect database from imperfect records. The process will be fair albeit slow. There's not any other better way around this (I don't think).
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:13:13 PM

maybe it will be more useful to identify "fake-claims" than to try to verify the honest ones?
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 06:16:05 PM

I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Personally I think the majority of people will be refunded. However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less. I really want everyone to get paid back fully, but I'm not going to lie and say that we're going to recreate a perfect database from imperfect records. The process will be fair albeit slow. There's not any other better way around this (I don't think).

Genjix, are you confirming through EMail when you are paying back the claims?  For instance, could it be possible for you to mistakenly think you have paid a claim, when in reality you haven't? 

Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.  Also, I am in the same boat, I don't have 50% of my coins yet.  I am cool with this as long as it's coming sometime, but mainly I wanted to know if you are confirming through EMail when giving back 50%.

Thanks
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:45:33 PM

I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Genjix, are you confirming through EMail when you are paying back the claims?  For instance, could it be possible for you to mistakenly think you have paid a claim, when in reality you haven't? 

Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.  Also, I am in the same boat, I don't have 50% of my coins yet.  I am cool with this as long as it's coming sometime, but mainly I wanted to know if you are confirming through EMail when giving back 50%.

Thanks

I was surprised not to have gotten an email before receiving my 50%.
dancingnancy

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:52:49 PM

Yes, I would think that they would be doing this?
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:11:33 PM

However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less.

I don't think customers that know for a fact that their claim is correct will accept this, nor should they.

Sounds to me that there will have to be an 'Appeals' process in the near future if this will be the case.
ssaCEO

Activity: 568

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 08:15:42 PM

I emailed bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com several days ago asking for a status update. No response yet. Please let me know what further action you require. You have my passport on file, and you know who I am.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:22:13 PM

I emailed bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com several days ago asking for a status update. No response yet. Please let me know what further action you require. You have my passport on file, and you know who I am.

Good luck.  I've emailed them a bunch of times over the past month(s) at every address they've posted in this thread, including several emails to the email address you just mentioned, and I haven't gotten back a single response.  All I want to know is the status of my claim and whether any additional information is needed from me.  Others have reported getting responses back, and that only worries me more because it makes me wonder if there's some reason I'm being completely ignored.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
dancingnancy

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:24:00 PM

Yes, you're correct.

Thanks

I was surprised not to have gotten an email before receiving my 50%.

Forgot to ask, but does your personal "claim page" reflect any notation that your 50% has been paid back to you?

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 10:31:54 PM

Forgot to ask, but does your personal "claim page" reflect any notation that your 50% has been paid back to you?

Nope, it does not. Suddenly I got an incoming 112,50 BTC transaction in my client. Haven't received an email about the 50% payment either.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:24:20 AM

Nope, it does not. Suddenly I got an incoming 112,50 BTC transaction in my client. Haven't received an email about the 50% payment either.

I was just about to comment on the size of your 50% payout, until I realize you didn't mean 112kBTC. Wink
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:47:57 AM

ugh - now I realize I haven't sent my mails "FROM" the mail account used as the email address on the account. duh. (I did send them gpg signed with my otc registered key, which is posted all over guruvan.net, which I think one can see I clearly own. (they were cc to the bitcionica email addy tho)

of course, just like on this website here, I use inbound only email addresses for most sites.

sigh.

shall I inundate you with a bunch more mail? What can I do to make this easier for you to pay me? I'm happy to do anything that helps.

3 months and almost a $2 move ........

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:52:02 AM

ninjarobot, thanks.

The trouble I'm having is that for lack of any specific communication over the course of weeks, despite several emails sent, I'm unable to assess whether I need to offer any more evidence of any kind.  I don't know if information I've offered is verified, not verified, if I'm untrusted for some reason, or not.  I just don't know what my status is.  That's what I, and I'm sure others, would like to know.

This

btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:38:52 AM

HOW DO YOU GET VERIFIED IF YOUR PASSWORD HASH IS NOT FOUND ?

Angry  Angry  Angry

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: