Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:42:50 AM

whaleclubco: Factom Possible Bull Flag

https://whaleclub.co/i/gk4lUk
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:08:19 PM

Looks like testnet release might be delayed till Nov:

www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/54pwt2/m2_release_date/

Most recent posts ATM:

"I emailed Paul Snow asking about a release date, This was his Reply:
Matthew,
We are putting the "Factom Federation" release (m2) through a huge amount of testing. The problem of building and deploying a multi-leader consensus protocol has proven to be harder than I expected. (I will take responsibility for my optimism in past statements about our schedule.)
That said, the first step to release is to get a public Test Net running with the new code base. This step will be taken in a matter of weeks. Then the release of M2 will depend on the performance of the test net. That will be at the very least a couple of weeks, but almost certainly longer to support users in different parts of the world. Also keep in mind that Factom Federation is a hard fork, and we need to help transition current users and exchanges to the new platform. We will make the transition as painless as possible, and that will require time.
Thanks for believing in the project, and we appreciate your support."

and...

"It is not official, but someone in #Factom at freenode (around 1week ago), said it would be in early November. So, its normal, we need some more time."

As long it is this year, I have no problem with that anymore. We ve been waiting for M2 since Q1 so a few more weeks does not make any real difference.

That OP "redditor for 1 day" sure let's take what he says at face value. Not like there is a lot of money on the table to be made as M2 draws near. Now I could be wrong but the info he put out on Paul is easily found on Google and that Paul would give random investors information they could trade on privately and not announce that information publicly is ludacris.

This all reminds me of about a month ago or so when somebody put out a fake article that Factom was flawed or something like that.

Agreed Factom team has been very quiet about testnet purposely. It seems rather strange Paul would say this in an email given all the sensitivities to consider.

I agree—looks like both users I quoted have been redditors for less than a week. Sorry for the (hopefully) false alarm ...
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:14:49 PM

Most recent posts ATM:

Matthew,
We are putting the "Factom Federation" release (m2) through a huge amount of testing. The problem of building and deploying a multi-leader consensus protocol has proven to be harder than I expected. (I will take responsibility for my optimism in past statements about our schedule.)
That said, the first step to release is to get a public Test Net running with the new code base. This step will be taken in a matter of weeks. Then the release of M2 will depend on the performance of the test net. That will be at the very least a couple of weeks, but almost certainly longer to support users in different parts of the world. Also keep in mind that Factom Federation is a hard fork, and we need to help transition current users and exchanges to the new platform. We will make the transition as painless as possible, and that will require time.

and...

"It is not official, but someone in #Factom at freenode (around 1week ago), said it would be in early November. So, its normal, we need some more time."

As long it is this year, I have no problem with that anymore. We ve been waiting for M2 since Q1 so a few more weeks does not make any real difference.

That OP "redditor for 1 day" sure let's take what he says at face value. Not like there is a lot of money on the table to be made as M2 draws near. Now I could be wrong but the info he put out on Paul is easily found on Google and that Paul would give random investors information they could trade on privately and not announce that information publicly is ludacris.

This all reminds me of about a month ago or so when somebody put out a fake article that Factom was flawed or something like that.

Let's not get too carried away. The email looks authentic to me. I think Paul was just being helpful. It's not exactly game-changing information. Tech companies are always delayed. The testnet was already delayed a few months, is anyone really shocked that it'll take a few more weeks?

What bothers me most is how sad and pathetic the crypto community has become. The guy sends a friendly, open email and it gets pasted around the internet, like it's some kind of news release, complete with personal contact details.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:50:32 PM

Most recent posts ATM:

Matthew,

and...

Let's not get too carried away. The email looks authentic to me. I think Paul was just being helpful. It's not exactly game-changing information. Tech companies are always delayed. The testnet was already delayed a few months, is anyone really shocked that it'll take a few more weeks?

What bothers me most is how sad and pathetic the crypto community has become. The guy sends a friendly, open email and it gets pasted around the internet, like it's some kind of news release, complete with personal contact details.

Hey noob account
Yes we can.
Sincerely, Barack Obama

Super authentic! By the way you haven't made any posts for over 2 and a half years since this thread today and only to validate the email and vouch for the 1 day redditors authenticity. Hahaha!

twitter.com/erikledgers
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:16:47 PM

That M2 delay is fake.  For Paul Snow to update a single person in private and not the general public would be incredibly unprofessional.  And Paul Snow is not unprofessional.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:18:29 PM

Nice try shorters. Sleazy move but nice try.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
flashbit

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:22:31 PM

Great news..

Our @LaurenceTiana & Andrew rocked the stage @usnistgov with @factom. #blockchain4healthcare #fintech #blockchain #technology #healthcare

https://mobile.twitter.com/factom/status/781021912281538560

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/781021912281538560

Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:40:19 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2016, 02:35:41 AM by Josef27

Just to add some evidence to the possible fraudulent Reddit / M2 postponed date was this supposed email tagline they used. It was verbatim  the same as a GitHub message reply from 2015. I actually looked into this the day of but, thought who would be crazy enough to put out something so blatant. So I figured it was possibly true. Since the op isn't backing it up, it must be a fraud. I found it by googling the tagline it's the first thing that comes up.

https://github.com/FactomProject/WorkItems/issues/723

daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:32:37 AM

Just to add some evidence to the possible fraudulent Reddit / M2 postponed date was this supposed email tagline they used. It was verbatim  the same as a GitHub message reply from 2015. I actually looked into this the day of but, thought who would be crazy enough to put out something so blatant. So I figured it was possibly true. Since the op isn't backing it up, it must be a fraud. I found it by googling the tagline it's the first thing that comes up.

As I said, it looked genuine to me (if it's really a scammer - kudos to you for creative writing skills).

But my point was that, even if it's true, who cares? It's such a non-event anyway. A few more weeks for the testnet, I don't see the big deal.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:12:53 PM

As I said, it looked genuine to me (if it's really a scammer - kudos to you for creative writing skills).

But my point was that, even if it's true, who cares? It's such a non-event anyway. A few more weeks for the testnet, I don't see the big deal.

did you just compliment yourself?!?...lol...nice try
nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:21:16 PM

The only thing I'm looking forward to is a proper wallet. Couldn't care less about the price, as really its only speculation at the moment. That'll sky rocket once we pass 200 million entries per day (as already discussed in previous threads, the break even price for current market value against 73k per month inflation). I just want to look after my precious factom's for the moment when they're doing 200 billion per day. That's when I'll sell.
D-Lux

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:06:53 PM

OK, so an update on the delay news … I was on Polo's Trollbox last night and happened to cross paths with the person claiming to have received the email from Paul Snow about the delay in M2's testnet release. We PM'ed a number of times and the person sent me a copy/paste of the extended exchange as well as a screenshot of Paul’s email. The background appears to be: the person was intending to write an article for a crypto publication about the release, so reached out to Paul for comment. Paul apparently then wrote the email that was posted on Reddit yesterday (and was since deleted due to the backlash). This raises a number of issues, but for now I just wanted to let folks know about my exchange with the author. (Anyone interested in my own commitment to Factom can see my history here and on Reddit, same username.)

Here is the screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/fnU4X

Note: the author has penned-out his holdings of FCT, and I've boxed-out his name and contact info.

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:15:26 PM

OK, so an update on the delay news … I was on Polo's Trollbox last night and happened to cross paths with the person claiming to have received the email from Paul Snow about the delay in M2's testnet release. We PM'ed a number of times and the person sent me a copy/paste of the extended exchange as well as a screenshot of Paul’s email. The background appears to be: the person was intending to write an article for a crypto publication about the release, so reached out to Paul for comment. Paul apparently then wrote the email that was posted on Reddit yesterday (and was since deleted due to the backlash). This raises a number of issues, but for now I just wanted to let folks know about my exchange with the author. (Anyone interested in my own commitment to Factom can see my history here and on Reddit, same username.)

Here is the screenshot:

Note: the author has penned-out his holdings of FCT, and I've boxed-out his name and contact info.

At this point, we need an official statement from Factom.
D-Lux

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:26:29 PM

Here is the screenshot:

At this point, we need an official statement from Factom.

Agreed.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:41:41 PM

This fake email is total bollocks... its great to see the levels people will go to get cheaper FCT before M2 is released.. great and also pathetic!!

Just invest, hold and you will profit no doubt. Factom is the best crypto project around.

D-Lux

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:49:20 PM

This fake email is total bollocks... its great to see the levels people will go to get cheaper FCT before M2 is released.. great and also pathetic!!

Just invest, hold and you will profit no doubt. Factom is the best crypto project around.

Well I hope you're right, but ... why do you think it's fake? I'm not sure what to think at this point, to be honest.

Among other things, if it was fake, I can't explain why the person who posted it on Reddit initially would have taken the post down. There was a lot of push-back but ... leaving it up would still have "sown seeds of doubt" regardless of the reaction from myself and others.

Hoping you're right, though.

And either way: I agree that FCT is the best crypto around ATM. Certainly the best investment, whatever happens in next weeks.
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:20:32 PM

Yes, there is heavy price manipulation in order for big holders to keep accumulating. Just try and continue to buy on dips, these prices are about 10000% under what they should be.

neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

The only thing I'm looking forward to is a proper wallet. Couldn't care less about the price, as really its only speculation at the moment. That'll sky rocket once we pass 200 million entries per day (as already discussed in previous threads, the break even price for current market value against 73k per month inflation). I just want to look after my precious factom's for the moment when they're doing 200 billion per day. That's when I'll sell.
agreed 100% and rest irrelevant coz l personally believe that Factom is very much undervalued.
flashbit

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:28:15 PM

Man... Peter Todd is the biggest Factom troll ever... this guy is such a joke imo. He must be in a serious short position Wink

Twitter thread with Paul Snow's very polite factual response.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/781516966003634176

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulsnx2/status/781609077831004160
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:37:12 PM

Man... Peter Todd is the biggest Factom troll ever... this guy is such a joke imo. He must be in a serious short position Wink

Twitter thread with Paul Snow's very polite factual response.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/781516966003634176

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulsnx2/status/781609077831004160

I'm often surprised about smart people who nevertheless spread their superficial claims into the world, based on nothing but impulsive and in fact very personal projections. It becomes visible whenever one tries to find real arguments - very often: Zero.
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: