Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:34:41 PM

I'm actually amazed the price hasn't moved more with all the recent news...
Factom just seems like it has so much long-term potential.

I'm going to (finally) get off my ass and move my coins off the exchange since I don't plan on selling any time soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:22:15 AM

I'm actually amazed the price hasn't moved more with all the recent news...
Factom just seems like it has so much long-term potential.

I'm going to (finally) get off my ass and move my coins off the exchange since I don't plan on selling any time soon.

I agree and recently took a position in Factom. It seems like one of the few cryptos with real world use cases and genuine high potential.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:45:43 AM

In a few days we ll be entering fourth week since testnet started. Waiting.....and waiting.....

Btw, Mr. Specultor, thx for the next round of pump and dump.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:10:01 AM

In a few days we ll be entering fourth week since testnet started. Waiting.....and waiting.....

Btw, Mr. Specultor, thx for the next round of pump and dump.

Did i missed something it almost didnt even moved, soon it will be lanched can you imagine if it takes 1 more year to only complete m3, all those nice factoids beeing burned Cheesy
Capoboss

Activity: 301

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:13:19 AM

yea everybody is waiting for the M2.
I hope it comes out within 2 or 3 weeks otherwise it wont be for this year.
To have a good pump I think it would be better to have the release before or after the holidays.
nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:30:31 AM

Just being honest here but I don't expect the price to pump for M2 since its hardly unexpected. The news about Gates and Smarttrac and more companies coming on board - that's the kind of info which should nudge the price. The market is waiting now for serious estimations of factoid use in the future.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:31:48 AM

yea everybody is waiting for the M2.
I hope it comes out within 2 or 3 weeks otherwise it wont be for this year.
To have a good pump I think it would be better to have the release before or after the holidays.

Last year it was this way: It launched in early October and didn't get much attention. Low price and low volume. 2 2/1 months later things changed. First there was Azure and right after Factoids were listed in China (Yuanbao) and the price skyrocket. Maybe we will see a similar pattern this year - on a higher level of course, because now there is zero doubt left what they are able to do.  
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:37:38 AM

That s what puzzles me. If Factom s really that good and this potentil s been recognized by several great names in the industry, how come XMR volume s 5x Factom or even more. It s gotta be related to the Polo margin lending which makes people keep their Factoids on the exchange, lending them for peanuts which supresses the price and consequently volume. Exodus s gonna change that big time and then we ll see the real market value of Factom. I ve got no other sane explanation.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:48:32 AM

That s what puzzles me. If Factom s really that good and this potentil s been recognized by several great names in the industry, how come XMR volume s 5x Factom or even more. It s gotta be related to the Polo margin lending which makes people keep their Factoids on the exchange, lending them for peanuts which supresses the price and consequently volume. Exodus s gonna change that big time and then we ll see the real market value of Factom. I ve got no other sane explanation.

The question why XMR has more volume than Factom: It gets more attention. One reason is: The idea behind is easy to understand. XMR is a cryptocurrency with a focus on anonymity and it might very well be that it's the one with the highest potential since there are a lot of doubts about ZCash.

Factom: Many don't understand what it is about. We, who are kind of focused on this and following since some time believe that the whole Crypto-space should react on all the good news, but I believe that just a minority even is aware of it. They don't look into this thread, they don't look into the Factom-Sub-reddit, they don't follow it on Twitter. And if one has no overview about this - it's not possible to understand how much potential Factom has.

But, is that positive or negative if we focus on the question how future prices may look like? It's positive, because it's potential. More and more people will pay attention and more and more people will understand it's potential. And since some months it even became obvious that more and more people have an eye on this.

And what also may be significant: Since many people don't like the GUI, don't have the patience to read the how-to's - they hold it on Poloniex. Once there is a more "easy-to-use-Factom-wallet" plus Exodus, that also might change.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:00:52 PM

The question why XMR has more volume than Factom: It gets more attention. One reason is: The idea behind is easy to understand. XMR is a cryptocurrency with a focus on anonymity and it might very well be that it's the one with the highest potential since there are a lot of doubts about ZCash.

Factom: Many don't understand what it is about. We, who are kind of focused on this and following since some time believe that the whole Crypto-space should react on all the good news, but I believe that just a minority even is aware of it. They don't look into this thread, they don't look into the Factom-Sub-reddit, they don't follow it on Twitter. And if one has no overview about this - it's not possible to understand how much potential Factom has.

But, is that positive or negative if we focus on the question how future prices may look like? It's positive, because it's potential. More and more people will pay attention and more and more people will understand it's potential. And since some months it even became obvious that more and more people have an eye on this.

And what also may be significant: Since many people don't like the GUI, don't have the patience to read the how-to's - they hold it on Poloniex. Once there is a more "easy-to-use-Factom-wallet" plus Exodus, that also might change.

Another important element re miners. Almost all high volume coins on Polo re mineable. Miners create volume, buy/sell/trade. Factom does not have that element.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:31:08 PM

Another important element re miners. Almost all high volume coins on Polo re mineable. Miners create volume, buy/sell/trade. Factom does not have that element.

Yes, right! Plus: Since Miners are very interested in high prices it's likely that many of them do something for it - some kind of PR and Miners often have some connections and what I believe is true for a lot of Coins on Polo: It's likely that it's Miners who manipulate the prices up.

I'm very surprised about ETH for example. The price is down in comparison to some months ago. But if we focus on what happened since May:

- DAO (which was a bad and rushed out idea even without all what followed - and maybe even shady)
- Hack
- Chain-split --> Ethereum-classic
- plus constantly other concerning news like this one, just days ago:

Has Ethereum Just Forked by Accident? Some Transactions May Disappear
https://cointelegraph.com/news/has-ethereum-just-forked-by-accident-some-transactions-may-disappear

In my opinion there would be enough reason that it would have gone down to maybe $400 M by marketcap over the time, but it's still at $800 M. And that must have a reason.

Btw, this is something what I say since a long time:

"Still, of course, large complexity brings more errors, and this project is extremely sensitive to any kinds of bugs."

Monero and it's price is more understandable in my opinion. Seems to have some real potential when it's about what they want it to be.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:33:47 PM

I think best scenario if is Poloniex goes bust today or tomorrow. That'll burn some factoids at least from all the lazy holders not having used paper-mill. Thin out the herd so to speak
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:39:41 PM

I think best scenario if is Poloniex goes bust today or tomorrow. That'll burn some factoids at least from all the lazy holders not having used paper-mill. Thin out the herd so to speak

Oh boy! Cheesy But no, it wouldn't burn Factoids. If Poloniex would go down it would be because of a hack for example and in such a scenario it's likely that the hacker would be Factoid-Millionair and the price would crash. Another scenario would be some kind of bankruptcy out of another reason or an inside-job. But as long as they don't lose their keys to the cold-wallet for FCT - nothing would get burned.

What they could do: Factomizing each and every trade that is done on Polo - THAT would burn Factoids. ;-)
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:42:46 PM

It would ruin Factoid price. First, potential hacker would dump everything immediately and second, people who d lose money would not touch Factoids ever again. A very stupid idea. Let us not spread FUD anymore.

Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:08:02 PM

It would ruin Factoid price. First, potential hacker would dump everything immediately and second, people who d lose money would not touch Factoids ever again. A very stupid idea. Let us not spread FUD anymore.

come on Crazy you have to learn to appreciate a little sarcasm humor, or are you also one of the lazy holders? come on admit it you are aren't you?  Grin
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:36:15 PM

come on Crazy you have to learn to appreciate a little sarcasm humor, or are you also one of the lazy holders? come on admit it you are aren't you?  Grin

All of my coins re on Polo, true, but not cause I do not understand the importance of cold storage. It s cause I trade them all the time. Dont have that much anyway. I like Factom but any market with such strong manipulation which never stops is a big time risk.

Divorcion

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:46:38 PM

Everyone can see there is a new handle being formed between 260-330k we will stay there untill m2 or after m2 when more big companies will join fct.

And oh boy i cant even say where it will stop but deff much higher then eth's run

So people keep selling ur fct i would love to take them selllllll give me moar

Hoping to see breaking 400k soon. what do you people think ?

I hope for falling prices, need to stock up some more.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:51:17 PM

Factom inc value can go up, it doesn t necessary mean that it s tokens price will go up along.
 give fct some time this ups and downs are ok imo,at the moment we have more sellers than buyers and pretty sure that some individuals are desperate to get more cheap fct s
who don t want accumulate more while it s very cheap!!
belowizard

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:40:35 PM

Everyone can see there is a new handle being formed between 260-330k we will stay there untill m2 or after m2 when more big companies will join fct.

And oh boy i cant even say where it will stop but deff much higher then eth's run

So people keep selling ur fct i would love to take them selllllll give me moar

Hoping to see breaking 400k soon. what do you people think ?

I hope for falling prices, need to stock up some more.

same here
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:56:15 PM

Just being honest here but I don't expect the price to pump for M2 since its hardly unexpected. The news about Gates and Smarttrac and more companies coming on board - that's the kind of info which should nudge the price. The market is waiting now for serious estimations of factoid use in the future.

I see M2 as a foundation for Factom to improve and introduce more features. I assume in the future, there will be more tool for public to start entry/ audit data on the blockchain easily. If that happen... a lot of big/small organization or even individuals are going to purchase factoid, not for investment purpose but for real use cases. You can guess what would happen when more factoid is burned?  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: