Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:55:02 AM

That said, been playing around with M2, well cool. New control panel is amazing. Trying to overload the system with entries and it just takes it like a champ.

I'm usually here criticising current guiwallet and praising Exodus, but these lads have worked wonders on the control panel. Impressed. Highly versatile, not just a control panel anymore.

Intrigued about how Federated Servers will play out. Cloud services has democratised server infrastructure, anyone who can follow a complicated dinner recipe could setup a Federated Server on AWS, first movers may have advantage to earn FCT but given time people will eventually find out and the playing field will level.
Essentially I see the battleground as efficiency, proof of efficiency if you will. Me and Dave down the street can both run a fed server on AWS or Google or Ali, with equal performance stats, yet whoever can serve the data best will be favoured.

Keen to hear someone tear this opinion apart.

What are you talking about? What control panel? What guiwallet?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianDeery

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:41:01 AM

That said, been playing around with M2, well cool. New control panel is amazing. Trying to overload the system with entries and it just takes it like a champ.

I'm usually here criticising current guiwallet and praising Exodus, but these lads have worked wonders on the control panel. Impressed. Highly versatile, not just a control panel anymore.

I'm glad the first person to test m2 liked what he saw.  We have indeed been working wonders.  Thank you for noticing.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:48:30 AM

I'm glad the first person to test m2 liked what he saw.  We have indeed been working wonders.  Thank you for noticing.

We do have an active tester or testers? I wasnt aware of that. Great news, REALLY great news.

Jack Russell

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:15:45 AM

I am also interested in testing the M2 wallet if possible.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:58:51 AM

We do have an active tester or testers? I wasnt aware of that. Great news, REALLY great news.

Actually you could already test m2 already for a longer time it was stated on their github, im waiting till the bigfree version arrives then i will test it.

I am also interested in testing the M2 wallet if possible.

Check their github links are all there.
Mimir

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:51:39 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 04:11:06 PM by Mimir

Not a chance in hell. Smiley

Was actually hoping someone would find flaws, or at least a differing opinion.
Using a service like Amazon Cloudfront makes you very likely to be a preferred fed server. With such a level playing field eventually it'll come down to who can do it best.

Am truly impressed, it's gone from mild interest a year ago to now running numbers on server costs and considering having a crack at it.

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
Mimir

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:02:23 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 04:02:45 PM by Mimir

Intrigued as to how it plays out.
Long assumed large players with their own infrastructure would move in and run the fed servers, but now realise they'd probably struggle to compete against what cloud services can provide, and anyone can sign up to use cloud services.

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Can you post some screenshots? I dont know if this is allowed considering testing phase.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:00:58 PM

Can you post some screenshots? I dont know if this is allowed considering testing phase.

Hmm i dont see why it would matter, cause everyone can just start a server.

It's open source
lolikop

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:14:53 PM

Fct moon time is  closing i predict 0.01 by end of nov
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:35:59 PM

Hmm i dont see why it would matter, cause everyone can just start a server.

It's open source

Then show us Mimir pls. I d like like to see how it looks like. Give us a glimpse of the merry future.

Mimir

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:25:39 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 03:08:39 AM by Mimir

Some of us have jobs dude, I'll post shots when I get home.

GrossBit

Activity: 174

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:43:06 AM

look at this

https://blog.nem.io/apostille/

while Factom struggling with M2
competitors are making a lot of progress...

I haven't tried NEM/Apostille, and cannot comment on it. But it just shows you that there are other serious projects. This one looks serious, i saw some posts with people testing it.
NEM seems to have a lot of other modern unique technical features as well.

What is "strange" is that NEM claims that they had only 2 devs working on Apostille, and they delivered in a few months. Why is it taking so long for Factom ?
Looking at their GUI, or at some discussions, alas I think unfortunately the answer is: the technical skill level of all people working at Factom is not as high as other projects.

Also, the biggest enemy of Factom is time...
if they don't have contracts very very soon, I think they'll lose their first mover advantage.
Mimir

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:56:30 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 03:02:52 AM by Mimir

Wow. You want us to jump in on your latest margin?

Self interest reins supreme. You don't even try to hide it anymore.

Elpadrinho

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:59:16 AM

look at this

I haven't tried NEM/Apostille, and cannot comment on it. But it just shows you that there are other serious projects. This one looks serious, i saw some posts with people testing it.

What is "strange" is that NEM claims that they had only 2 devs working on Apostille, and they delivered in a few months. Why is it taking so long for Factom ?
Looking at their GUI, or at some discussions, alas I think unfortunately the answer is: the technical skill level of all people working at Factom is not as high as other projects.

if they don't have contracts very very soon, I think they'll lose their first mover advantage.

WOW dude you're relentless.You really have nothing else to do with your life besides FUDDING on Factom.Get a fuckn life or a girlfriend for that matter because people are pretty much fed up with the garbage that comes out of your mouth.Geez i'v never heard someone as annoying as you in my life. FK off
GrossBit

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:08:11 AM

look at this

WOW dude you're relentless.You really have nothing else to do with your life besides FUDDING on Factom.Get a fuckn life or a girlfriend for that matter because people are pretty much fed up with the garbage that comes out of your mouth.Geez i'v never heard someone as annoying as you in my life. FK off

while you guys are circle-jerking, and 90% of the posts here are just "when is M2 ?" like waiting for Godot...

I am actually providing background information, contrary to you.
Of course NEM is a very small blockchain with a unsignificant amount of users (but so is Factom at the moment), but they have been able to provide a working product in less time than Factom and with less resources. Shouldn't that all tell us something ?

the "hidden" assumption is that the FCT price would go vertical once M2 is announced. Well, the price is much lower than it has been and i see other heavily hit coins showing strong bounces like LSK, or even the very scammy STEEM !!
So thats certainly possible, although nowhere a certainty. Personally i think it will not change the current trend, but i may be wrong of that. The clear trend that I see is that the Factom offering is facing more and more competition and thats why the price is under pressure. One could say the same thing for example about ETH, which at the beginning of the year had an exclusivity about Smart Contracts, but many other big projects are emerging, thats why the ETH price is off its high and under pressure as well.

btw if you followed me here, when the price was at 0.0025 i said it would be good to play a bounce to 0.003 the previous support (the low from flash crash day was 0.00307). We just did that and that has acted as a resistance for a few days already. so i'm not only providing info, but useful levels to trade  (not the first time...). I hope some can profit of that too.

disclaimer: flat in FCT. and no, i don't intend to buy a dip (before 0.0015) nor to FOMO in it, UNLESS there is really a market changing news (and i don't consider M2 as being a market changing news).

I'd prefer to buy XEM if it reaches the support level of around 300 sats for example (now over 500 sats). No hurry to buy alts in a global bear market I believe.
CocoLibre

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:33:44 AM

disclaimer: flat in FCT. and no, i don't intend to buy a dip (before 0.0015) nor to FOMO in it, UNLESS there is really a market changing news (and i don't consider M2 as being a market changing news).

I'd prefer to buy XEM if it reaches the support level of around 300 sats for example (now over 500 sats). No hurry to buy alts in a global bear market I believe.

Then go bid in XEM and take FCT off your radar; when your .0015 bid fills or you FOMO buy on some PR you consider "market changing" you can remind everyone about your ace play by play trades that everyone on this forum should be emulating  Cheesy
Mimir

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:47:13 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2016, 03:50:41 AM by Mimir

I haven't tried NEM/Apostille, and cannot comment on it. But it just shows you that there are other serious projects.

One sentence contradiction. Nice.

How is XEM secured? and care to explain proof or importance?
Not really sure why people use sha-3. It's simply a backup in case all goes bad.

"Whitepaper" here:
https://www.nem.io/NEM_techRef.pdf

Once upon a time whitepapers weren't marketing brochures, there's no need for your favourite quote to be put into a technical description.

To transact business with the girl who ran the gas-pump Dean merely threw
on his T-shirt like a scarf and was curt and abrupt as usual and got back in
the car and off we roared again.
- Jack Kerouac

This is in their whitepaper.

Succinct counter-argument against PoI here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/31tj4h/after_more_than_a_year_under_development_next/cq4ttyb/

Any algorithm that uses something within its own blockchain for proof is fatally flawed in this regard. Proof of work requires something that comes from outside the blockchain: computing power. This is dictated by the laws of physics, not the blockchain.

Peace.

D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:47:32 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 03:05:51 AM by D-Lux

the technical skill level of all people working at Factom is not as high as other projects.

Wow that's low even for you, GrossBit.
GrossBit

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 03:32:14 AM

I haven't tried NEM/Apostille, and cannot comment on it. But it just shows you that there are other serious projects.

One sentence contradiction. Nice.

How secure is XEM mate? and will you explain Proof-of-Importance to me? Personally I'm making a Proof-of-Grossbit coin, keen?
Also, why do they use SHA-3? is a very strange thing to do. 2 has stood the test of time, 3 isn't used practically, no one with any serious credentials recommends using SHA-3 until 2 is broken. It's simply a backup in case all goes bad.

Let the sun shine in I say, keen to hear more about XEM.

"Whitepaper" here:
https://www.nem.io/NEM_techRef.pdf

Once upon a time whitepapers weren't marketing brochures, there's no need for your favourite quote to be put into a technical description.

To transact business with the girl who ran the gas-pump Dean merely threw
on his T-shirt like a scarf and was curt and abrupt as usual and got back in
the car and off we roared again.
- Jack Kerouac

This is in a whitepaper.

Succinct counter-argument against PoI here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/31tj4h/after_more_than_a_year_under_development_next/cq4ttyb/

Any algorithm that uses something within its own blockchain for proof is fatally flawed in this regard. Proof of work requires something that comes from outside the blockchain: computing power. This is dictated by the laws of physics, not the blockchain.

Peace.

if you want to quote it all, quote it entirely
"On the face, it appears to suffer from the same fatal flaws as Proof of Stake."
FCT and ETH (in Casper) both rely on PoS.

The big pro of Factom is its flexibility and to benefit from the security of BTC, ETH and other blockchain strengths (PoW for BTC)

Anyway this is not really a post about the merits of XEM. Its about saying that Factom has no exclusivity on developing blockchain apps for authentification of documents, and it took only a few months to a couple young Japanese guys to come out with that. And I'm sure there is plenty of other projects going elsewhere. Thats why it's worrying to me that Factom are so slow.

BTW you may not have heard of XEM, me little as well, but the market still sees it more seriously than Factom, its market cap is higher, and touched even 100M usd at some stage, now its in a heavy downtrend
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: