Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:55:21 AM

What three emerging trends in global entrepreneurship should policymakers watch?

The first trend that policymakers need to understand is that entrepreneurship is a truly global phenomenon now. There’s no better evidence for this than the nearly 5,000 applications we received from entrepreneurs that had an interest in attending the most recent GES. They sent in their applications from 174 countries, a clear indication of the fact that good ideas know no boundaries.

The second trend that policymakers and the general public should watch is the growing movement toward social entrepreneurship.  Social entrepreneurs are eager to not only make money, but also to make the world a better place. Eighty-five percent of the 700 entrepreneurs at GES this year self-identified as social entrepreneurs. They represent the avant-garde of public-private partnerships insomuch as they can use the scale and reach of governments to expand the impact of their innovation and, ultimately, help governments solve some of the world’s toughest problems.

And finally, the third trend we’ve seen is young entrepreneurs harnessing new decentralizing technologies such as the Blockchain. The U.S. startup Factom, for instance, has used open source technology to design transparency solutions that can reduce corruption.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/11/the-economics-of-us-foreign-policy-2/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fudking

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:20:06 AM

Investing in a company that builds an application off computer code that was designed for the SOLE purpose of tracking the people who use it.  You can't make this shit up.

Are you dumb? Like Debit and Credit Cards and Checks arent easy enough tracking? Bitcoin was invented to bypass Fiat control central point systems. It lets the user be their own bank, getting rid of fractal reserve banking. Factom is securing data, on the most proven and secure blockchain in existence right now. Keep selling boys, you are going to make us rich giving this away for cheap.

Everything you said = exactly what the NSA/ government wants you to think.  KOOL-AID is gooood.  Gulp, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp.
Elpadrinho

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:32:25 AM

Investing in a company that builds an application off computer code that was designed for the SOLE purpose of tracking the people who use it.  You can't make this shit up.

Are you dumb? Like Debit and Credit Cards and Checks arent easy enough tracking? Bitcoin was invented to bypass Fiat control central point systems. It lets the user be their own bank, getting rid of fractal reserve banking. Factom is securing data, on the most proven and secure blockchain in existence right now. Keep selling boys, you are going to make us rich giving this away for cheap.

Everything you said = exactly what the NSA/ government wants you to think.  KOOL-AID is gooood.  Gulp, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp.

Obviously you're drinking to much KOOL-AID buddy with a name like "FUDKING" and probably eating too much POP TARTS with that aswell. FUDKING really? God your DUMB.You can't make this shit up foreal
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:08:21 AM

What three emerging trends in global entrepreneurship should policymakers watch?

The first trend that policymakers need to understand is that entrepreneurship is a truly global phenomenon now. There’s no better evidence for this than the nearly 5,000 applications we received from entrepreneurs that had an interest in attending the most recent GES. They sent in their applications from 174 countries, a clear indication of the fact that good ideas know no boundaries.

The second trend that policymakers and the general public should watch is the growing movement toward social entrepreneurship.  Social entrepreneurs are eager to not only make money, but also to make the world a better place. Eighty-five percent of the 700 entrepreneurs at GES this year self-identified as social entrepreneurs. They represent the avant-garde of public-private partnerships insomuch as they can use the scale and reach of governments to expand the impact of their innovation and, ultimately, help governments solve some of the world’s toughest problems.

And finally, the third trend we’ve seen is young entrepreneurs harnessing new decentralizing technologies such as the Blockchain. The U.S. startup Factom, for instance, has used open source technology to design transparency solutions that can reduce corruption.

Nice. I think Factom may be better known outside the crypto community than in it ... Smiley
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:23:19 AM

Brian, news? It s been 2 weeks since you have mentioned to corner s rapidly approaching. It would be very nice of you to share and update with people who have invested money in Factom and support your company.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:11:50 AM

Brian, news? It s been 2 weeks since you have mentioned to corner s rapidly approaching. It would be very nice of you to share and update with people who have invested money in Factom and support your company.

suppose he announces it, probably you will feel reassured, but in the current environment, where ALL alts are going down / BTC is going up, do you think it's gonna change the trend for FACTOM beyond 24 hours perhaps ?
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:44:11 AM

Haha...thanks for the cheap Factom below 0.003 btc

Panic sellersv Grin Grin Grin Grin
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:07:13 AM

if we are lucky, we might even get some at 0.0015 soon
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:19:13 AM

Yep, just scooped up some more myself.
dranster

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:22:18 AM

Yep, just scooped up some more myself.

Whales are looking to market buy all the FCT under 0.003 and sell over 0.006 again

If Factom raises $50m like Ripple, then we can do easy 2-3x  Shocked Shocked Shocked
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:01:36 PM

We are on the verge of  major development update, Dont let the anxiety take the best of you.
lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:34:56 PM

We are on the verge of  major development update, Dont let the anxiety take the best of you.

Why not ? weak hands dont deserve holding fct
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:46:20 PM

Big Factom holder here, but serieus werent we on the verge of a major development update in februari ?
lolikop

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:49:14 PM

Big Factom holder here, but serieus werent we on the verge of a major development update in februari ?

I rather wait longer or have another dao like hack @m2
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:52:32 PM

I rather wait longer or have another dao like hack @m2

You cant even compare them a little, but i do agree but im now giving a indication of a verge of a major development Wink
dranster

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:51:31 PM

Huge news for Factom

Factom got a mention in the US Economic policy

Looks like FED might be interested in Factom soon

https://twitter.com/factom/status/793478535428145152

Script:The Economics of US Foreign Policy
Insights from Ziad Haider.

MK headshot
By Mercy A. Kuo
November 01, 2016

The Rebalance author Mercy Kuo regularly engages subject-matter experts, policy practitioners and strategic thinkers across the globe for their diverse insights into the U.S. rebalance to Asia.  This conversation with Ziad Haider – Special Representative for Commercial and Business Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, who leads the Office of Commercial and Business Affairs in the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs in assisting and promoting U.S. business interests overseas, global entrepreneurship, and the protection of intellectual property rights – is the 65th in “The Rebalance Insight Series.”

Explain the importance of economics and trade in U.S. foreign policy toward Asia.

Since his first day in office, Secretary [of State John] Kerry has been saying that foreign policy is economic policy and economic policy is foreign policy. There’s nowhere this is more true than in the Asia-Pacific region – the engine of global economic growth. One of the key elements of President Obama’s rebalance policy is our economic engagement in the region. It’s an agenda that begins with trade because economies cannot grow by simply buying and selling to their own people. Trade creates jobs, promotes prosperity and binds nations together. It’s good for business and it’s good for bilateral relations. But trade alone is not enough. Our foreign policy also facilitates U.S. companies investing in Asia. When they do, we know from experience that they don’t just do well, but they also do good. The quantity and quality speaks volumes about our economic engagement with the region. Besides trade and investment, we’re also focused on promoting development. Through the Lower Mekong Initiative, for example, we’ve opened a women’s entrepreneurship center in Cambodia and will soon open another in Vietnam. In short, economics and trade is at the core of the U.S. rebalance to Asia.

Enjoying this article? Click here to subscribe for full access. Just $5 a month.
What is the role of public diplomacy?

Public diplomacy helps foster the people-to-people connections that are such an important part of U.S. foreign policy. Those connections not only promote better bilateral relations, but they also increase shared prosperity. The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative is a great example whereby we provide training, study, and grant opportunities to emerging leaders, many of whom are themselves budding entrepreneurs.

How is Asia incubating, investing in, and growing local entrepreneurship and what are the implications for U.S. competition and cooperation?

Promoting entrepreneurship in the Asia-Pacific is a top priority for U.S. foreign policy in the region because we understand that the growth of startups is vital to solving some of the most intractable social challenges such as corruption, climate change, and violent extremism. Under President Obama’s new U.S.-ASEAN Connect Initiative – the signature framework of our economic engagement with ASEAN – senior State Department officials led a series of American Innovation Roadshows, in conjunction with the American private sector, to Burma, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. The purpose of these roadshows is to encourage governments to adopt regulatory environments conducive to entrepreneurs and to engage young entrepreneurs and connect their ideas with capital. At the most recent Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), held in Silicon Valley in June, we dedicated a specific panel to ASEAN-based entrepreneurs.

Southeast Asia is not the only part of Asia ripe with entrepreneurship and innovation. In March Assistant Secretary Rivkin led a four-city roadshow to India where we had the chance to hear about the work of clean technology entrepreneurs and the support they’ve received from the Government of India through initiatives like Digital India and Startup India. India has also agreed to co-host the next GES in 2017, a tremendous platform to showcase entrepreneurs in and across the Asia-Pacific region. It’s also worth noting that, in some cases, U.S. companies are playing a direct role in the process of incubating local entrepreneurs. MetLife, for example, has partnered with the Government of Singapore to start an incubator and accelerator that will allow some of Asia’s brightest innovators to solve really tough social challenges.

The second trend that policymakers and the general public should watch is the growing movement toward social entrepreneurship.  Social entrepreneurs are eager to not only make money, but also to make the world a better place. Eighty-five percent of the 700 entrepreneurs at GES this year self-identified as social entrepreneurs. They represent the avant-garde of public-private partnerships insomuch as they can use the scale and reach of governments to expand the impact of their innovation and, ultimately, help governments solve some of the world’s toughest problems.

Global entrepreneurship is critical to global economic growth. What challenges and opportunities face the next U.S. president in promoting global entrepreneurship as a critical dimension of U.S. foreign policy?

Looking ahead, one clear opportunity that we see is, as I mentioned above, the continuation of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. The seven previous Summits have showcased more than 15,000 entrepreneurs from all over the world and the fact that India has agreed to host the 2017 GES is an unequivocally positive development.

To be sure, there are also challenges. Too often governments look for quick fixes without being willing to make the necessary reforms to strengthen intellectual property protections and reduce financial, regulatory, and other impediments to entrepreneurship and growth. In terms of the U.S. government, in June 2016 President Obama signed an executive order that institutionalizes the promotion of global entrepreneurship. Given the power of what’s possible when we scale up good ideas, and the fact that the American spirit of entrepreneurship is one of our most admired values around the world, we expect the next president will be eager to build on this foundation and continue to promote entrepreneurship globally.
Pap0u

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:46:06 PM

This is about to moon so hard and I am laughing at all these fools dumping out. These prices is how you go from rags to riches. Thank you to whoever is bringing us so low.

astmandu

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:29:54 PM

This is about to moon so hard and I am laughing at all these fools dumping out. These prices is how you go from rags to riches. Thank you to whoever is bringing us so low.

I beg to differ. I was posting her last month about being patient and having confidence in holding strong. The result is I lost my ass. I'm not rich from it. Lucky for me I have been benefiting from all of the recent volatility and so my account is recovering.

I believe greatly in Factom and I'll be back in it someday. Today however is Bitcoin's time. You just can't ignore what's going on there. It wipes out anything else. Some people think it has just begun as well. Time will tell.

Safest bet is to sit out and preserve capital.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:36:15 PM

I beg to differ. I was posting her last month about being patient and having confidence in holding strong. The result is I lost my ass. I'm not rich from it. Lucky for me I have been benefiting from all of the recent volatility and so my account is recovering.

I believe greatly in Factom and I'll be back in it someday. Today however is Bitcoin's time. You just can't ignore what's going on there. It wipes out anything else. Some people think it has just begun as well. Time will tell.

Safest bet is to sit out and preserve capital.

Yes, understandable! Thing in Factom is: One never knows when they'll push something out. Could be about weeks, could be today or tomorrow. That's why I'm very cautious with selling. I don't want to wake up and find out that Factom pushed something out 5 hours ago and the price already exploded.
nowhere man

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

We've all been waiting - but even if big news occurs that some company or other plans on buying 100 million entry credits per month, that still doesn't justify the current price at 73k per month inflation rate. I'm sure there will be a mini rally when M2 is finally here (and if that doesn't happen before christmas - expect fct to halve in value from here), but I think we'll be waiting for quite some time before we see usage figures for entry credits justifying a value of say 5 dollars per factoid. Who knows though, maybe speculation will help out.
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: