Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:38:28 PM

Factom™ – Anchoring & Securing Data Using Bitcoin (and soon Ethereum) Blockchain

Factom™ is a distributed, decentralized protocol layer running on top of Bitcoin that allows data of any kind to be memorialized, anchored, time-stamped, and cryptographically secured using Bitcoin’s blockchain and tremendous network hashrate (now estimated to be 2.5 exa hashes per second!)

Due to its use of Merkle Trees, Factom makes the storage of data extremely efficient – gigabytes of data can be hashed down into 32 bits of data using Merkle Trees, and this Merkle Root anchored into one or more blockchains (bitcoin and ethereum currently).

Paul Snow, Chief Architect of Factom explains how developers can build applications using Factom’s API and/or data management and storage solution. These applications leverage the immutability of the blockchain and the scalability of the Factom™ network. Paul shares the story of Factom, how it started and where it is heading now. It’s an intriguing story and the interview is full of great knowledge.

https://www.bitcoin.com/podcast/factom-anchoring-securing-data-using-bitcoin-and-soon-ethereum-blockchain

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:09:07 PM

There's a strange movement on factom now. Is it because of SFIndustryG conference? or any news on slack?

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
lolikop

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:27:58 PM

There's a strange movement on factom now. Is it because of SFIndustryG conference? or any news on slack?

Why dont u join the slack so u dont have to ask for updates ?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:10:32 AM

What movement? I do not see anything at all? The price s been stagnant for a few days.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:24:30 PM

I dont see any type of STRANGE Movement..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

poptop
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:23:28 PM

Why dont u join the slack so u dont have to ask for updates ?
It's a good question. Perhaps I haven't enough time.

What movement? I do not see anything at all? The price s been stagnant for a few days.

I dont see any type of STRANGE Movement..

Factom was moving parallel to btc that unusual for it and now it's still above 0.0025 that very high for it.

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:28:19 PM

can anyone post slack invite please?

estanis

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:26:02 PM

http://factomfoundation.slack.com
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

Despite the current price I still think that Factom has a lot of room for growth this year. It is possible 0.01...

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:47:06 AM

Factom s definitely pick number 1 on the market. The problem is the market does not know that cause the team does not know how to promote it. Unless the goal is not to promote its services to keep the price low. In that case, most of here re in the wrong market.

Vidale

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:04:11 AM

Factom s definitely pick number 1 on the market. The problem is the market does not know that cause the team does not know how to promote it. Unless the goal is not to promote its services to keep the price low. In that case, most of here re in the wrong market.

I recall you saying you're a seasoned crypto veteran, but you consistently act like you're completely new to the scene or just over-invested. People complained similarly about a lack of Ethereum PR just over one year ago. Back when /r/ethtrader had maybe 400 subs. I think their marketing was in the hands of some girl called Linda. No, it wasn't great, but look at where they're at now? Apparently, they didn't NEED the exposure and PR. They were far from a finished product back then. They still aren't.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:45:04 PM

I recall you saying you're a seasoned crypto veteran, but you consistently act like you're completely new to the scene or just over-invested. People complained similarly about a lack of Ethereum PR just over one year ago. Back when /r/ethtrader had maybe 400 subs. I think their marketing was in the hands of some girl called Linda. No, it wasn't great, but look at where they're at now? Apparently, they didn't NEED the exposure and PR. They were far from a finished product back then. They still aren't.

Yes, yes, I ve heard that story before, not finished product, big stuff ahead, bright future, no need for marketing, it ll sell itself.

You know how many coin forum threads here on this forum contained those words and posts. Almost EVERY SINGLE ONE. Let me just name a few, Hyperstake! TEK coin. Then Solarcoin. Then Clam. NEM also. I could go on and on about the list of coins very even remember. Most of them are dead of about to die soon.

Why? Cause as in every other capitalist market, competition s very harsh and only the best ones survive. Also, every marketing expert will tell you a successful startup needs to invest as much as 50% of their revenues into marketing to keep the business afloat.

If you do take an average crypto portal, let say coindesk, look at their home page.

Out of 10 articles I see, 3 are about Etherum

http://www.coindesk.com/disruption-not-included-ethereum-alliance-spotlights-blockchains-startup-shift/

http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-calls-collaboration-enterprise-ethereum-launch/

http://www.coindesk.com/big-corporates-unite-for-launch-of-enterprise-ethereum-alliance/

How many of them is about Factom? How many articles you can find about Factom published in the last MONTH? I dont think you can find 3 in the entire February.

This means all attention goes to Ether, it s not that hard to figure that out. It also means every new investor getting into crypto ll end up in Ether or Dash, 99%.

So where s Factom in this story? We can argue Factom does not target small investors and it does not target institutional investors but it targets companies.

How are companies going to learn about Factom? Magic ball? Pigeon mail? How?

So you tell me in what universe it does not pay for Factom to do some good old fashioned marketing? Not cause they should pump up the token price. Because marketing brings CUSTOMERS, brings COMPANIES. Unless you re gonna argue they have so many clients they dont know what to do with them. You can follow Factom burn rate to figure that one out.

I understand I m gonna be attacked by usual cave trolls again telling me to move into Ether or North Pole but you see, I m an early ICQ investor and I want as much return for my buck. The only way I see that happening is for the world to hear about Factom. Not you or me, who ve been into crypto for ages, but ORDINARY companies who might need Factom service. If there s some other way to spread the news to them about a great product, please do educate me, always willing to learn something new.

Shoot trolls. Smiley

mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:21:58 PM

You are talking too much Smiley

BTC
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

You are talking too much Smiley

I do. Especially when I am upset.

Upset about people not identifying obvious stuff. Like the fact business re not going to choose a product if they do not know about it or if sales pitch has not been presented to them.

But what can I do about it besides talk or get out, right.

So I ll go waste my time on something I can influence.

Vidale

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:44:07 PM

Yes, yes, I ve heard that story before, not finished product, big stuff ahead, bright future, no need for marketing, it ll sell itself.

You know how many coin forum threads here on this forum contained those words and posts. Almost EVERY SINGLE ONE. Let me just name a few, Hyperstake! TEK coin. Then Solarcoin. Then Clam. NEM also. I could go on and on about the list of coins very even remember. Most of them are dead of about to die soon.

Why? Cause as in every other capitalist market, competition s very harsh and only the best ones survive. Also, every marketing expert will tell you a successful startup needs to invest as much as 50% of their revenues into marketing to keep the business afloat.

If you do take an average crypto portal, let say coindesk, look at their home page.

Out of 10 articles I see, 3 are about Etherum

http://www.coindesk.com/disruption-not-included-ethereum-alliance-spotlights-blockchains-startup-shift/

http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-calls-collaboration-enterprise-ethereum-launch/

http://www.coindesk.com/big-corporates-unite-for-launch-of-enterprise-ethereum-alliance/

How many of them is about Factom? How many articles you can find about Factom published in the last MONTH? I dont think you can find 3 in the entire February.

This means all attention goes to Ether, it s not that hard to figure that out. It also means every new investor getting into crypto ll end up in Ether or Dash, 99%.

So where s Factom in this story? We can argue Factom does not target small investors and it does not target institutional investors but it targets companies.

How are companies going to learn about Factom? Magic ball? Pigeon mail? How?

So you tell me in what universe it does not pay for Factom to do some good old fashioned marketing? Not cause they should pump up the token price. Because marketing brings CUSTOMERS, brings COMPANIES. Unless you re gonna argue they have so many clients they dont know what to do with them. You can follow Factom burn rate to figure that one out.

I understand I m gonna be attacked by usual cave trolls again telling me to move into Ether or North Pole but you see, I m an early ICQ investor and I want as much return for my buck. The only way I see that happening is for the world to hear about Factom. Not you or me, who ve been into crypto for ages, but ORDINARY companies who might need Factom service. If there s some other way to spread the news to them about a great product, please do educate me, always willing to learn something new.

Shoot trolls. Smiley

No one cares, or should care, about topics selected by crypto news websites. Blockchain isn't very exciting, you know. It's boring. A a result, most SERIOUS blockchain companies will be boring, too. Factom isn't very exciting. In fact, ANY crypto project that tries to sound exciting, the best new thing since McDonalds, should be treated very cautiously indeed. Look at LISK. That's 50% marketing and 50% people being gullible fools. They have absolutely zero to offer on a technical level.

Secondly, Factom's approach is B2B. Not B2C. That's another reason why you won't see them very often. You're not a business. Out of all of the projects you listed as an example, this is actually one of the FEW projects that have good long-term prospects. Bill Gates, Tim Draper? Yeah. Word of mouth from these types of guys will be pretty effective, too.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:43:42 PM

I agree they re B2B, ordinary people re not their target group. But this poses the next question, if u were a Factom CEO and think that way, would like your token price to skyrocket or not?

Both sides have obvious advantages and disadvantages.

Donpedro-xx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:03:43 PM

I think that FACTOM slowly dying. just look at the buying and selling ratio.

◢▼▼◣
◥▲▲◤    DIAMOND [DMD] ✦ Scarce, Fast and Secure
'  ◥◤
  dSbWpNeteggdww8MuUTE4QGqXNDgnWPWtt - 150 DMD cюдa
poptop
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

I think that FACTOM slowly dying. just look at the buying and selling ratio.

They quickly die with such marketing when inflation comes.

Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:58:49 PM

I don't worry about FCT works talk more than any news. The only think I think it is big mistake - they haven't any user interface wallet yet. Stay calm and wait you will be rewarded

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:15:44 AM

This is big! https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/5wy36z/factom_launches_revolutionary_blockchain_mortgage/

BrianDeery
This is a use case we have been imagining since well before the network launched. This video is a hypothetical from 2014. We are converting this from hypothetical to reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-aFyep2R9I

Factom makes an excellent document management system, and mortgages are full of big record-keeping problems.
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: